PDA

View Full Version : Sam Fisher from XBOX Splinter Cell?

Trooper_Trent
02-19-2003, 02:12 PM
I just wanted to know if anyone has tried to tackle this one. I researching trying to find good pics and/or others who have made one. Its proving to be somewhoat difficult as there are many parts and look to be very hard to find. I may have to custom make all of it. Any help would be much appreciated

Sullenshady
02-19-2003, 04:02 PM
Heh....I'm thinking about making a Solid Snake costume, which is fairly similar to the Sam Fisher one....so any help would be much appreciated by me as well

BitterBeing
02-20-2003, 11:50 PM
Well, I'm new here, but I'm a big military nut (I also play airsoft), so when it comes to things in the genre of Solid Snake and Sam Fisher, I'm your man.

If you're going for the Metal Gear Solid 2 Snake look, you'd probably want a load bearing vest made by Guarder called the "tactical CQB vest" - it comes in olive drab and black, and you can get various pouches for it and rearrange them on the vest as you see fit. Getting the "harnesses" between his thighs is pretty simple too, Blackhawk makes a tactical rapelling harness (only in black) that can connect to the web belt of the guarder CQB vest. Any holster that will connect to your web gear (vest) will work, too. When it comes to his undersuit, some sort of nylon clothing (probably better off with a two piece suit) would work well if it was in a light blue. When looking for the SOCOM, you'd probably be best off with an airsoft model made by Tokyo Marui - it's a Mark 23 with a suppressor and LAM unit - it's no USP, but it's better than spinning out a fine $300 just to get the pistol. You can find these on eBay for about $50.

The bandanna.. make your own. Simple as that. And the hair is YOUR problem, not mine ^_^; Find some sort of boots that fit your tastes, and you can get hellstorm kneepads to substitute Snake's, or just some knee-covers. Ditto on the arm covers.

I'll start on Sam Fisher's list later.

--Edit--

Oh, and Trent, I'm a stormtrooper too, also with the 501st. TK-1985 reporting for duty :)

Sullenshady
02-21-2003, 12:17 AM
Wow...very indepth. Your help is much appreciated...guess I'd better start on that mullet :)

BitterBeing
02-21-2003, 12:19 AM
Well, I'm working on Snake, myself, as well. My skin's not as light as his but I've almost got hair down to my shoulders, and I know my stuff.. I imitate his voice pretty well. Maybe we'll meet sometime. ^_^

BitterBeing
02-21-2003, 12:43 AM
And Trent, just a suggestion.

To fit the role of Sam, bring lots of throwable objects. Coke cans, beer bottles.. etc...

I mean, hell, it's Splinter Cell :)

(Hey, that rhymed!)

Trooper_Trent
02-21-2003, 10:07 PM
Bitter, I appreciate it a lot. The BDU's and dive suit style top are very easy. That vest you described for snake sounds a lot like Sams. Its kind of grey/green, I dont think its black. All the pouches and holsters should be easy. NOW The pistol and machine-gun, and NIGHT Vision are looking to be harder. The nightvision goggles themselves are custom designed The three green glowing dots is a trademark type design to help you recognize the character so that would be very important to get right. He also has a palm pilot type thing on his inner left forearm and some kind of two-way radio thing(also glowing green) on his back.
Other than that, I think thats all.
I have plenty of beer cans and bottles.

Trooper_Trent
02-21-2003, 11:32 PM
Bitter, Thanks to you help on airsoft, I believe I have found Sams RIFLE. The Tokyo Marui P90 TR is almost DEAD ON! (minus the second barrel for non lethat projectiles, etc) I already have a spring loaded SC pistol that will work, just need to fabricate a supressor for it. I'm thinking his BDU Trousers are a VERY subdued urban camo, what do you think. Im having a little trouble picking the right tpe of wet suit material for his top, what do you recommend? PALM PILOT, and NIGHT VISION GOGGLES are the only 2 major hurdles left, I believe.
THanks again for your help
Your brother in the EMPIRE,
Trent
TK 778

BitterBeing
02-22-2003, 12:05 PM
For NVGs, you're on your own, man. That's above my head :( You'd probably be better crafting it yourself.. the palm pilot, get a cheap PDA (from meijers or something, about $20) and there you go. If you want the extra barrel for sticky shockers and air foils, get the marui m203 launcher and jury rig it onto the P90.

Trooper_Trent
02-22-2003, 01:49 PM
THanks, I'll probably sculped an identical one from PVC and bondo, I'm really good at that kinda stuff. Same thing with the NVG
Do you have any suggestions on Sams Vest? and Wet suit?

BitterBeing
02-22-2003, 01:51 PM
His vest... While it may not be very accurate, I'd recommend some sort of zip-up ammunition vest with an alice belt (to clip on your holster and mag pouches and such) like the SAS SDU vest-

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/product/product_detail.jsp?prodID=10510

The wet suit, I'm not sure about.

Trooper_Trent
02-22-2003, 02:41 PM
I found a couple of vest that were close but nothing close enough, I may have to custom make it. I wich I could get a hold of the Ubisoft guys and ask the what they used, because they used mostly found gear.

Sirus
06-07-2004, 06:18 PM
I know that Fisher's gun is the F2000 MAWS (Modular Assault Weapons System), and the Five Seven is his sidearm. If those were available in Airsoft you'd have it made, but sadly...no. That kinda has me bummed.

Archelon
06-08-2004, 03:33 PM
You're going to have to make the NVGs yourself, because the creators said themselves, that there are no NGGs like the ones Sam has in existence.

DJFamine
06-16-2004, 06:39 PM
I've been looking into this for awhile myself, and there area few things that I have come up with.
1) Good call on the airsoft, you will need to add a magazine to the stock, since Sam's is a bullpup type weapon.
2) The main thing that I've looked for in the vest, is that his has laces in the back to adjust the size. That's not been easy to find, also his has a V-neck that closes in the front... that's also not been easy to find.
3) The top/wetsuit. Check out 'underarmor'. It's a thermal type undergarment that's thin and form fitting. I found it at US Cavalry.
4) From looking at the game, and the extra interview at the end, I would say that his pants are black, but I think they change depending on level.
5) NVG. You're going to have to make those, but I have a few thought on that to. You can use LED flashlights, and cover the lenses with green film to get the effect, you just have to come up with a way to attatch them to your head. I have seen some that have head straps on them in sporting stores for fishing or whatever, so maybe modify some of those.
6) Other light up stuff. If you have any talent with wireing and eletrical stuff, you could look into EL sheets or wires. They give off light, but not heat.. and they can run off batteries.

Let me know how yours turns out, cause I'm gonna be Sam for halloween this year.

Archelon
06-16-2004, 07:22 PM
His pants, if you look close enough, definitely have some camo design in them.

daguru
06-19-2004, 02:37 PM
Hey, Bitter...
Any idea what kinda suit I could use for Psycho Mantis?