PDA

View Full Version : What costumes attract the most fan girls?

Pages : [1] 2

Medellia
02-19-2003, 01:56 PM
Ok... My good friend is convinced that no matter what costume I put him in, the fan girls will not flock. So we have a bet going and I need your guys' help! What costumes do you think would get the most obvious, annoying, glomp-ing fan girl action? I always have the weirdest posts don't I..... Anyway, thanks in advance!

Naru
02-19-2003, 02:02 PM
TIDUS!!! HE IS MY HOTTIE OF THE MONTH! But I am liking all the ff guys, the only way i wouldn't like it is if you did a crap job of making the costume. If you put some heart into it and make it look good then you'll get the gals! (or at least me he he)

KuroBara
02-19-2003, 02:07 PM
Fangirls? My boyfriend was repeatedly glomped when he cosplayed Tamahome and Kaiba. There were so many of them! If he can pull off the look, I recommend Tooya from Ayashi no Ceres, or any of Yuu Watase's male characters.

Toka_pop
02-19-2003, 02:23 PM
I think its always cute to see guys cosplaying as random cat boys, but that's just me. Lately Fruits Basket guys seem to be drawing a lot of attention. Also, it helps if you pick a charcter that you already sorta look like. Then if the costumes good, and you look like the character, it doesnt really matter who you're being. You'll still get attention for the high quality of the work. Hope that helps! Sorry for rambling on! ^.^;;

Recca-kun
02-19-2003, 02:31 PM
I agree with those, I'm just expanding.

Cloud, Squall, and Tidus (poor Will).
Tamahome and to a lesser degree other FY guys (I think Touya's great but Yuuhi and him from AnC don't get as much recognition as they deserve).
Yuki or Kyo Sohma, this one will be huge by the end of the year *runs and hides from people trying to take his cats*.
Vash and Wolfwood, although this one not as much anymore.
GW boys, but see above.
Gravitation guys, especially Yuki Eiri or Sakuma Ryuichi.

Raincrystal
02-19-2003, 02:37 PM
Just as long as he looks hot, he'll get glomped in anything. ^^;

I'm afraid to glomp people if I don't have an excuse (knowing them, for instance.) I guess I'm afraid I'll scare or annoy them...

Sakura
02-19-2003, 02:46 PM
Anyone from Fruits Basket or Gravitation... *_* guys that I personally like are Squall, Heero Yuy, Tooya, Touya and Yukito from CCS, Zero Enna, Orphen, Any of the Saiyuki boys (especially Hakkai and Kougaiji), and basically any other guys made by CLAMP.

Koumori
02-19-2003, 03:02 PM
J-rockers attract fangirls. I have to beat them off with a stick when I'm doing Toshiya.

As for Yuu Watase characters, I find I get very little attention when I do Nuriko, though it's an outfit that only appears in one scene - still, I was expecting to have to wield the Stick of Personal Space Defense with that one. YMMV. Depends on the fangirls.

Word of advice, though: don't glomp people without getting their permission first. A lot of people don't like strangers jumping all over them.

krystal1314
02-19-2003, 03:29 PM
Haha... a fluffy moogle costume attracts fangirls, believe me... I was there to witness it! *pokes DJRanma* lol

Hikaruchan
02-19-2003, 04:44 PM
Good Tougas attract fangirls. And good Sephiroths & Seifers

Quies
02-19-2003, 05:14 PM
have to second the gravitation ones- actually just had this conversation at lunch.

that's all.i'm really just wasting time. avioding studing physics.

Cocoa
02-19-2003, 05:31 PM
As a friend once said - yaoi guys will always get fangirls...Gravitation, CCS, some of the X guys, YnM...
-Cocoa

Cosmos
02-19-2003, 05:33 PM
A good Ashton (Star Ocean) would receive a glomp from me LoL. Kinda hard to say for anything else, since I usually only attend the Watase-con (animazement, lol) about the Watase guys. But as stated, if he looks good, then the glomps will come. ^^

ZiggyB
02-19-2003, 07:14 PM
I hate to sound like a cliche, if you just work on a good costume, the fangirls will come. :)

You don't need to specifically make a costume to attract them.

It's sorta like boiling water, if you sit and stare at it, it will never boil, but if you don't pay too much attention, it'll just happen.

Ok, did that make any sense...?

Miyu
02-19-2003, 07:43 PM
want fangirls? I'll tell you what attracts fangirls:

HOT GUYS attract fangirls.

the costume only adds to it.

fangirls like attractive guys. usually pretty boys. usually pretty ASIAN boys.... considering anime fans tend to have an "asian fetish".

lol :D

engrish
02-19-2003, 07:43 PM
yes you did grasshoper:D

I heard the secret is to go for the bishounen look and stop by at Yaoi Con in San Francisco. You'll be sexually harrased to no end^_^

ryo-chan
02-19-2003, 07:49 PM
i got a whole lot of attention from fan girls when i cosplayed as Vash, and last year at comiket when i was Tidus

Psychotic Jei
02-19-2003, 09:13 PM
Wow. It's so cool to see Gravitation becoming known. :: was Ryuichi last year at AX, and nobody really knew...except the fans ::

Oshidori
02-19-2003, 09:15 PM
And good Sephiroths & Seifers

amen to that (is currently in love with a Seifer :: drool::) I was uber-ecstatic when i saw him at Katsu!!

EvilMoogleQueen
02-19-2003, 09:37 PM
Anything evil will actract girls. But only if its evil done right.
Well... maybe not all girls... but I think evil is sexy.

A cape will distract attention from what you lack...

SynVanSiWes
02-19-2003, 09:38 PM
Gravi, Gravi, Gravi oh yeah and Weiss will be okay too, heck any shonen ai is a good bet. The boyfriend and I cosplayed Ryuichi and Seguchi Tohma respectively last otakon, got our picture taken 49 times. I counted so that's not an estimate. Screaming fangirls jumped out of seemingly nowhere to hug us. Pretty fun all in all.

jade_dragon
02-19-2003, 09:42 PM
squall, ff8's moody dark romeo its an oldy but a goody

Aoshi Shinomori
02-19-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Miyu

fangirls like attractive guys. usually pretty boys. usually pretty ASIAN boys.... considering anime fans tend to have an "asian fetish".

OH i hope thats true heh *runs away*

Medellia
02-20-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Miyu

*lol* Well, I can't change his race (he's white) but -I- think he's hot, for what it's worth ^_~ He's 5'11", lanky, short-ish dark hair, broad shoulders =9

Btw, I have you on my livejournal friends list, Miyu ^^ Haven't heard from you in a while ;)

TsukiGuujin
02-20-2003, 01:24 PM
JRocker costumes, a lot of the time.
GW boys almost all of the time. XD
Tidus, Squall, Cloud, Sephiroth, Kuja...all these FF boys get fangirls.

And you know, you don't always have to be HOT to be glomped. That's rather superficial. I usually look at the costume JUST AS MUCH as the person.

And girls who pass for hot guys get glomped, too. X_X

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

Miyu
02-20-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Medellia
*lol* Well, I can't change his race (he's white) but -I- think he's hot, for what it's worth ^_~ He's 5'11", lanky, short-ish dark hair, broad shoulders =9

Btw, I have you on my livejournal friends list, Miyu ^^ Haven't heard from you in a while ;)

mmn he sounds yummy ^_-

*aims you* ^^

Space Invader
02-20-2003, 03:09 PM
VASH OR SHINJI. Well, IMO at least. Hehe.... XD

[Edit] - I foeget... Sephiroth... mmm... :p

Chiri
02-20-2003, 03:10 PM
I've found out that Chichiri gets a helluva lot of attention...hoofaaaa @_@

Tasuki too...oh my o___o

-chiri

Amano Jyaku
02-20-2003, 07:03 PM
*note to self, be as asian as possible, this will get fangirls*

Wait a sec.....

*note to self, dress J-rock*

That should ...... No

*note to self, you are Amano Jyaku, this will get fangirls*

Yeah ok

Michi
02-20-2003, 07:27 PM
Yes.. BOYS in J-rock, most male FF characters, most male Fushigi Yuugi characters.. As long as they're done well, and the guy's attractive... There will be fangirls. Woo.

Of course, I'VE gotten fangirls dressed in a crap Mosquiton costume at 3 am.. o_O They came running, a trio of them... It depends on the audience. XD;;

Sullenshady
02-20-2003, 10:55 PM
From my (extremely limited...okay, one halloween party) cosplaying experience, I found that dressing as Squall gets you all kinds of attention. I had girls coming up to me for days afterward saying stuff like "Aww...I was hoping you'd wear your costume again today"...so Squall must have done something right.

BTW, hate to sound like a newb....but what's "glomping"? I've never been to an anime con (Anime North will be my first), so cut me some slack :)

TsukiGuujin
02-21-2003, 12:49 AM
Sullenshady, glomping is kindof a running tacklehug thing. XD

It works better online, because most of us DO NOT wanna be tacklehugged in real life. ^^

No problem that you didn't know.

And Squall ALWAYS gets fangirls, I think. @_@

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

Babbit_Chan
02-21-2003, 12:59 AM
Shady: http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7292

What Miyu said about hot guys attracting fan girls is very true - Best answer yet really =B As well as all the other bishounen named. Pretty boys get a lot of attention.

Medellia
02-21-2003, 12:01 PM
Ok, so my next question for you guys is: I want to dress him as Squall. He hates Squall. But damn, he'd make a hot Squall! I also promised that if he did Squall, I'd make him any costume he wants. But... I'm compromising his gamer wang, and that makes me feel bad ^~ What should I do?

Babbit_Chan
02-21-2003, 12:09 PM
Personally I would force myself to go as Squall and make it hell for whatever costume I wanted you to make (but that's just me ;))

Basic Beecicchi
02-21-2003, 12:44 PM
I'm beginning to hate that.....the whole "Squall becomes the whore" aspect. It's always Squall this and Squall that. I wonder if Squall is secretly a female inside him. Geez.....give the kid some lipstick and *boom*, he's a she.

I would say [but my opinion will be thwarted by MANY of you eventually] try to design him a suit that no one has yet to do. Take some underrated character, and give him a tuxedo-level aspect. I'm sure with enough [or very little] practice in bishonen tactics, he'll get the fame.

Ryukku
02-21-2003, 03:23 PM
Final Fantasy Series is the most popular ones I think ^^
And ofcourse alot of other animes ^^

Amano Jyaku
02-21-2003, 03:48 PM
FF is too overdone. When will people learn.

Dont dress that guy up like Squall, especially if he's against the idea.
Don't get me wrong i love FF, I own every squaresoft game that ever made it over here to the States. I beat em all too. Including all the ones for SNES too.

Still, FF cosplay has gone too far.

Amano

Iori smash FF Squall.

Medellia
02-21-2003, 05:02 PM
I think there is a difference between seeing a lot of people do a costume, and seeing a lot of people do a costume <i>well</i>, and I'm gonna try my best ^_~ I'm not forcing him, per se. If he said he didn't want to, I wouldn't. He said I could, just that he wouldn't like it ^~

Sakura
02-21-2003, 05:21 PM
I totally love seeing hot guys dress up like neko boys in vinyl and fishnet ^_~

I'm suggesting that the next time I talk to the guy of my dreams *_* maybe his hot best friend will go along with it too!

aimee
02-21-2003, 05:35 PM
I'm curious, would the two guys from Ceres (Toya and Yuhi) be recognizable enough? I've just started reading it and think they are hot, but I'm curious how many other fans of Ceres are out there!

As to my personal pics, I drool all over:
Squall, Tidus, Sephiroth, Touga, Zelgadis, Gourry, D (From VHD), Meier Link and believe it or not... Link. hehe.

XD

I'm sure there are more, but I'm having a hard time thinking of hot guys off the top of my head

but being attractive and having lots of ATTITUDE is what makes me drool the most. not nessesarily the costume alone.

and neko boys always get my votes.

Lucifer
02-21-2003, 06:45 PM
If you want to flock fangirls to a guy, try dressing him as a sexy cat-boy.

Seriously, with a leash, chains, ears, tail, and vinyl. He'll be fangirl meat.

I've seen this put to a test, and its really sad but true.

Aoshi Shinomori
02-21-2003, 09:07 PM
u really shouldnt force someone to cosplay.. it kinda takes the fun out of it if they arent happy

Ali-kun
02-22-2003, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by aimee
I'm curious, would the two guys from Ceres (Toya and Yuhi) be recognizable enough? I've just started reading it and think they are hot, but I'm curious how many other fans of Ceres are out there!

--yes XD
I was in an Ayashi no Ceres group (Alec, actually) and although we didn't have a Yuuhi, we found plenty of people who knew who we were (and I was recognized alone, amazingly o.o I thought "blonde guy in lab coat" was pretty generic without the rest of the group...)

I hate to sound really superficial but I agree with the "pretty boy" fetish ^^;; If you look bishonen, you will be more likely to attract fangirls. You really can't guess what costume would be a for-sure fangirl-lure, though, because there are some fans of obscure characters who would go absolutely slavering mad (er, well, maybe not that bad ^^) if they saw someone cosplaying their favorite character in the whole wide world.

Recca-kun
02-22-2003, 12:44 PM
<--Yuuhi

When was this AnC group? Did I miss it? ;_;

I'm not planning on going to AZ (aka Watase-con) this year, so I guess that doesn't help that situation any...

Ali-kun
02-22-2003, 11:03 PM
A-kon 13 ^^ The one pic I have of us is in my costumes gallery here at cosplay.com and on my website (actually, I have a few pics people took of just me but they all suck)

Chino-San
02-23-2003, 08:51 PM
You always gotta stick to the bishi's. Squall, Tidus (all desendants from Gackt) and spike. If you think going as the character and expect to be glomped then you got something coming to you. Because the key factor is if your good looking at least alittle bit. If you just butt ugly no fan girl will glomp you what so ever. Take a 40 year old spike with a beer belly. No fan girls wanna glomp him because he'll walk to the side and take some viaga and pop a jimmy. You get were I am getting to? Also cosplaying isn't only about getting glomped by fan girls.

Koumori
02-23-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Lucifer

Ick.

TsukiGuujin
02-24-2003, 01:23 AM
>>You always gotta stick to the bishi's. Squall, Tidus (all desendants from Gackt) and spike. If you think going as the character and expect to be glomped then you got something coming to you. Because the key factor is if your good looking at least alittle bit. If you just butt ugly no fan girl will glomp you what so ever. Take a 40 year old spike with a beer belly. No fan girls wanna glomp him because he'll walk to the side and take some viaga and pop a jimmy. You get were I am getting to? Also cosplaying isn't only about getting glomped by fan girls.

That is REALLY true, Chino-San. You have a major point there.

Some people, no matter WHAT costume they wear, will NOT be glomped.

And glomping is great, but that's not why we cosplay. I hope. X_X

~~Tsuki~~

yuffieleonheart
02-24-2003, 08:06 PM
i agree with u

projectanime
02-24-2003, 08:36 PM
I like any guy who's dressed as a Bishonen^^ But I mean true bishy-boy, long hair and all!

Maryssa
02-24-2003, 09:00 PM
#1: I dont think you should force someone else to dress up, especially as something they dont like; actually, I dont think you should force someone to do anything they dont want to do.

#2: I also think if he wants girls, he should go out and try talking to them normally. Outside of a convention. I think it's a little *cringe* shallow to want to cosplay just to get chicks. =/ Also keep in mind that most of the people that will be flocking to him will most likely be people he probably would not even want touching him.

I'm sorry, that just had to be said. =/

Is there a particular reason he wants to do this in the first place? Or perhaps I might have skimmed over it by accident?

Aoshi Shinomori
02-25-2003, 02:25 AM
long hair and all.. hmm does that mean Sesshoumaru?

Basic Beecicchi
02-25-2003, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by Maryssa
Is there a particular reason he wants to do this in the first place? Or perhaps I might have skimmed over it by accident? She. It looks like a challenge.

He might be shy or on a dare, yeah. Otherwise, if they weren't into it, this particular question would not have happened.

Medellia
02-25-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Maryssa
#1: I dont think you should force someone else to dress up, especially as something they dont like; actually, I dont think you should force someone to do anything they dont want to do.

#2: I also think if he wants girls, he should go out and try talking to them normally. Outside of a convention. I think it's a little *cringe* shallow to want to cosplay just to get chicks. =/ Also keep in mind that most of the people that will be flocking to him will most likely be people he probably would not even want touching him.

I'm sorry, that just had to be said. =/

Is there a particular reason he wants to do this in the first place? Or perhaps I might have skimmed over it by accident?

I agree with you about not making people do things they don't want to do, but he's letting me, just not liking it. Which really is no justification, but... I think of it as community service fan service ^~ The world needs another sexy Squall.

And he doesn't want lots of girls, we have a bet going as to whether that I can get girls to flock.

animeandska
02-25-2003, 07:30 PM
I am going to be Wolfwood- a cross punisher is fun to carry except a bit heavy- sun glasses hide eyes! *is getting pumped to be Wolfwood* It would nice to get an "ooo wolfwood!" Thats would b fine for me- so- lets all be happy and not beg for fangirls!

Kiko-chan
02-25-2003, 07:39 PM
I just have to note that I find this entire conversation ridiculously amusing. And go with bishies, but not overused costumes (i.e. Vash... I'm so sick of seeing those)

animeandska
02-25-2003, 08:00 PM
wolfwood is over used- but easy to make -_-'

AnimeParty
02-25-2003, 08:02 PM
Tooya...Squall...Those kinda guys

Miyu: I agree Pretty Asian Boys!!!!!

Amano Jyaku
02-25-2003, 10:12 PM
I'm hoping my Hayami - Blue Sub No. 6
and my Amano Jyaku - Urotsukidoji
will generate massive amounts of glomping at A-Kon.
:D

Try to find something for your guy with a little more originality than the old FF standby.

<= Amano

Hayami =>

Medellia
02-26-2003, 12:26 AM
oooh.... Amano Jyaku, that is a cool outfit! where is it from?

But Squall! *drools* I'm torn between originality, fan girl factor (this is a bet, remember), and easy of creation. Between now and April I have 3 costumes of my own, plus one for him, plus I'm a college student and I work part time >_>

Medellia
02-26-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Lucifer

Seriously, with a leash, chains, ears, tail, and vinyl. He'll be fangirl meat.

I've seen this put to a test, and its really sad but true.

mmmmm gotta love catboys. I was thinking Kuro from Animal Magnatism... dark, sexy, and easy to make... I could do Pochi pretty easily, but I already have 3 costumes planned >_>

Bobbi
02-26-2003, 01:43 PM
My boyfriend had a bit of a following at Otakon as Touga... he just looks so bishonen with a long wig. =P He probably would've had one at Ohayocon as Aoshi if he had worn the right shoes like I told him (he brought Nikes! Ugh!) and if he had left the wig on the wig stand instead of letting it get stuck in this retractable thingy in his car. ><;; Imagine me trying to pull it out without messing it up! I was freaking out... while he complained about it looking bad. Boo... hehe.

Caryn
02-26-2003, 02:21 PM
He DOES sound yummy ^_^ What con(s) are you taking him to? I can contribute to the glomping, lol :p

But yeah, anything Bishonen...something that involves long hair and a cape would be ideal ^_^

As for neko-boys, just...eugh *shudders* that completely turns me off, but to each her own, I guess.

With his looks, comlete with Squall costume, he'll probably have to endure a glomp-fest. But if he's expecting to be glomped, it won't happen. The world's funny like that ^^

Btw...crossplay girls get fanGIRLS? And do guys really glomp girls?

HuongStar
02-26-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Amano Jyaku
I'm hoping my Hayami - Blue Sub No. 6 will generate massive amounts of glomping at A-Kon. :D

Try to find something for your guy with a little more originality than the old FF standby.
*heart* I love Blue Submarine 6 and of course anything done by Range Murata gets a heart glomp by me. :D
Btw...crossplay girls get fanGIRLS? And do guys really glomp girls? It's happened before, especially when I was dressed as Sora. *lol* I've had a couple of guys ask for hugs when I was in Faye & Umi but never hardcore out-of-blue glomps.

Medellia
02-26-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Caryn
He DOES sound yummy ^_^ What con(s) are you taking him to? I can contribute to the glomping, lol :p

But yeah, anything Bishonen...something that involves long hair and a cape would be ideal ^_^

As for neko-boys, just...eugh *shudders* that completely turns me off, but to each her own, I guess.

With his looks, comlete with Squall costume, he'll probably have to endure a glomp-fest. But if he's expecting to be glomped, it won't happen. The world's funny like that ^^

Btw...crossplay girls get fanGIRLS? And do guys really glomp girls?

We'll hopefully be at Sakura con up here in Seattle.. He's not expecting it, he doesn't even know I've planned this *evil laugh* And you don't have to crossplay, I got nearly stampeded by fangirls in my Meruru costume @_@

Rosiel
02-26-2003, 05:11 PM
> Btw...crossplay girls get fanGIRLS?

*laughs* Oh yes... I gather a lot more fangirls than fanboys at cons... the thing is, it's not the person in the costume, but the character, which makes fan[girl|boy]s flock to a cosplayer. Especially if you can manage to look close enough to the character to cause a temporary suspension of disbelief...

> And do guys really glomp girls?

Most guys generally ask. But I have been glomped by guys too, although it is rather rare.

Medellia
02-26-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Rosiel
> Btw...crossplay girls get fanGIRLS?

*laughs* Oh yes... I gather a lot more fangirls than fanboys at cons... the thing is, it's not the person in the costume, but the character, which makes fan[girl|boy]s flock to a cosplayer. Especially if you can manage to look close enough to the character to cause a temporary suspension of disbelief...

> And do guys really glomp girls?

Most guys generally ask. But I have been glomped by guys too, although it is rather rare.

That's cuz yer damn sexy ^~ I'd totally be a Rosiel fan girl ^~ I've never been glomped (thank god) but I've gotten some funny comments... and some creepy ones >_> then again, I imagine nearly all of us have

TsukiGuujin
02-27-2003, 12:04 AM
Fangirls are more RABID than fanboys, sometimes.

I know Chobrat had a run in with some scary fangirls last year. X_X

I'm sure our Heero x Duo costumes will get more fangirls than I'd like when we wear them.

Yaoi fangirls are the WORST. (I know...I'm one of them. XD)

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

Medellia
02-27-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by TsukiGuujin
Fangirls are more RABID than fanboys, sometimes.

I know Chobrat had a run in with some scary fangirls last year. X_X

I'm sure our Heero x Duo costumes will get more fangirls than I'd like when we wear them.

Yaoi fangirls are the WORST. (I know...I'm one of them. XD)

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

Hell yes... the guys can mostly take no for an answer, but the girls just don't know when to quit >_<

TsukiGuujin
02-27-2003, 12:43 PM
>>Hell yes... the guys can mostly take no for an answer, but the girls just don't know when to quit >_<

No, sometimes we don't. X_X I admit that fully.

~~Tsuki~~

SynVanSiWes
02-27-2003, 11:06 PM
Back to my previous post, yes girls glomp girls who are crossplaying, I was and one person mistook me for a gay man. She wanted me to Yaoi with my boyfriend and was very disspointed that I was female. Heh.

neoangelwink
02-28-2003, 12:27 AM
most bad boys in anime and some good guys too get me going ^_^. even better bad boy with good hearts. most final fantasy guy are hot, donta from divl my cry, gene starwind from outlawstar and most very bishone.
most try to find character he look late like. Some guy has to make a move on the girl too and sight always work. confidante is big thing too in my op confidante is very big turn on. Being happy and silly work well. your friend sound cute. Good luck to him ^_^.

HuongStar
02-28-2003, 10:25 AM
There has only been one male cosplayer that has simply floored me and left me stuttering like a fool: it was the Arashi (Paradise Kiss) cosplayer at Katsucon '03.

Yes, something about punk rawk boys drives me mad. :D If there was a good George cosplayer, I'd probably have the same reaction (as would many other girls).

Medellia
02-28-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by HuongStar
There has only been one male cosplayer that has simply floored me and left me stuttering like a fool: it was the Arashi (Paradise Kiss) cosplayer at Katsucon '03.

Yes, something about punk rawk boys drives me mad. :D If there was a good George cosplayer, I'd probably have the same reaction (as would many other girls).

Ooh, you don't have any pics do you? Punk boys = hot =9
And I have you listed as a friend in my LJ ^_^ My username is LazyAngel

Allia
02-28-2003, 04:55 PM
What about a character from Knight Hunters like aya.
I think mostly a well know character that has a major personality that goes with them.

Reiko
03-01-2003, 12:08 PM
one name......Squall

Little Rabbit
03-01-2003, 12:57 PM
if you can pull off a inuyasha or sessumaru sama that would be a good cosplay.

TsukiGuujin
03-01-2003, 10:37 PM
>>if you can pull off a inuyasha or sessumaru sama that would be a good cosplay.

I think you mean "Sesshomaru" don't you?

And I love him. That would indeed be awesome. ^^

~~Tsuki~~

Psychotic Jei
03-02-2003, 01:29 AM
Knight hunters.... Ugh....I HATE THAT NAME. Anywho....actually I've had more fangirls going as Farf then myfriends who went as Aya... but hey.

Aoshi Shinomori
03-02-2003, 03:43 AM
I'm doing a Sesshoumaru Cosplay for Sakuracon..

KitsuNessa
03-02-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by HuongStar

Hehe, I'd LOVE to see some Paradise Kiss cosplayers ^_^

Raine
03-02-2003, 07:59 PM
I, being a Rinoa cosplayer(got back from last day at MegaCon a few hours ago.. blisters will never go away...), must say Seifer is a lot rarer than Squall, and is indeed a bishie to be desired! Of course, Squalls are kind of overdone, but aren't that hard to make and get the fan girls going BIG TIME!

But, you could also try Keichii(Ah! My Goddess) or maybe one of the dudes from Peach Girl - may not be recognized much, but I have yet to see anyone do that.

Radical Urd
03-02-2003, 09:58 PM
WAHHHHHHHH PARADISE KISS BOYS!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! That would be so hot!! but anywho what makes me go wild, two words NicholasDWolfwood and VashtheStampede the tow together just make me scream. You have to be at least a little hot and if your not then pay alot of attention to your costume, don't make it half assed, do it well and make it look just like the chara. That gets the fan girls i know all riled up

D3M1TR1
03-03-2003, 11:12 AM
I just learned that this thread had been started and thought I should add my 2 cents seeing as how I'm the one who will end up in the costume.

My taste have nothing to do with it, so I fear I'll end up being a Squaresoft posterboy come sakuracon time. My last 2 cotumes were Lucifer and Sakuya Kirya(Kira?) both from Angel Sanctuary*digs for pics*
http://d3m1tr1.bravepages.com/pics.html
There, hope that gives a slightly less vague idea about what I can and cannot get glomped in. Sorry I couldn't link directly(stupid free hosts >_<)

Thanks for input from everybody, but I'm still gonna win the bet ^_^

EDIT: Got another pic near the first one.
http://ragphotos.noneto.com/chaos/D3M1TR1.jpg

Medellia
03-03-2003, 01:34 PM
mmm.. that first pic doesn't do you any justice ;P And just for that comment about winning the bet, I -will- dress you up as Squall =P

D3M1TR1
03-03-2003, 01:42 PM
You were going to anyway.
*sniff sniff*
I can see my Setsuna(Last Blade 2) costume vanishing before my very eyes.
Besides, even if I lose the bet I win...I guess.
My old record was 5 fangirls who flocked *near me for 3 days.
Maybe we should hire someone to keep track, or just keep a notepad on hand to write down names or something.
I dunno.

Rosiel
03-03-2003, 01:43 PM
> My last 2 cotumes were Lucifer and Sakuya Kirya(Kira?) both from Angel Sanctuary*digs for pics*

I'm surprised you didn't get glomped as Lucifer... I always gather fangirls when in AS garb, and I thought Lucifer was a lot more popular than Rosiel when it came to girls. ;)

Although, if you were hanging out with that Alexiel at the con as a duo it might have been part of the problem. Looking single (hence not hanging out with a girl dressed as your love interest in the story) would probably help a lot too.

D3M1TR1
03-03-2003, 01:47 PM
I can see how having a significant other, much less one dressed as my characters slightly significant other, could easily put me on a DO-NOT glomp list.

But not being attatched to your significant other at a con seems like a grave waste. At least when you're going to the same events/panels.

And is anyone else going to Sakuracon this year? I'd like to put names to faces.

Current nice Comments About me in this thread:
Cute x2
Yummy x2

TsukiGuujin
03-03-2003, 02:08 PM
>>I can see how having a significant other, much less one dressed as my characters slightly significant other, could easily put me on a DO-NOT glomp list.

I don't, either. A lot of people go nuts if you HAVE a pairing. Yaoi pairings seem to get more attention, but my fiance and I are always glomped together. So I don't think it really matter at all. ^^

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

Rosiel
03-03-2003, 02:31 PM
> But not being attatched to your significant other at a con seems like a grave waste.

Of course. =) But I was speaking from the POV of "how to gather the most fangirls". It also depends on who you are cosplaying... Kira and Setsuna would have probably been more popular than Lucifer and Alexiel. (As a rule, yaoi pairings attract more fangirls than het ones.)

> I don't, either.

Actually, he said he COULD see it. ;)

> A lot of people go nuts if you HAVE a pairing.

If you have a popular yaoi pairing, yes. Fangirls do not tend to be fond of het pairings. (See above.)

> Yaoi pairings seem to get more attention, but my fiance and I are always glomped together.

It's different attention, in my experience. That is, alone you get a lot more fangirls, glompings, etc, and with a matched cosplayer, you tend to get more polite "may I take your picture" with no socializing.

People reacted to me very differently when I was a lone Rosiel, or with a random AS group, and when I had Katan hovering around me protectively. ^__^

Same with Schuldig versus Crawford-and-Schuldig.

TsukiGuujin
03-03-2003, 02:37 PM
>>If you have a popular yaoi pairing, yes. Fangirls do not tend to be fond of het pairings.

I don't know...people went nuts for us as Serenity and Endymion. So that's a het pairing that they like a lot. ^^;

>>People reacted to me very differently when I was a lone Rosiel, or with a random AS group, and when I had Katan hovering around me protectively. ^__^

That makes sense, that they would react differently. Also, AS is more known now, isn't it? So...more people might react better now to a lone Rosiel. I know *I* would. But hey, I'm a freak. ^^;

~~Tsuki~~

D3M1TR1
03-03-2003, 03:39 PM
Did the pics of me I posted help any?
I mean can anyone think of a costume that would specifically help me lose the bet?
*rubs hands evily* cat boy costume here I come...

Rosiel
03-03-2003, 03:56 PM
> Also, AS is more known now, isn't it? So...more people might react better now to a lone Rosiel. I know *I* would. But hey, I'm a freak. ^^;

Rosiel on its own always gathered /many/ fangirls, it's when I am with Katan than they tend to be a lot more subdued and less "social". (You seem to have understood the contrary.)

Although the reaction is a lot less than it used to be... In 1999 (or was it 2000?) it was really slow, because no one knew AS, 2001 was the big year, and started to go down in 2002.

Now it seems people are starting to think "Oh-hum, another person with three wings. Look! Pikachu!" *laughs* So it's not as effective an attention-grabber as it was before.

D3M1TR1:

I say go with Squall. It's certain success with fangirls.
Just no Rinoa. ;)

TsukiGuujin
03-03-2003, 04:05 PM
>>Rosiel on its own always gathered /many/ fangirls, it's when I am with Katan than they tend to be a lot more subdued and less "social". (You seem to have understood the contrary.)

Yeah, I was rambling and lost track of what I meant. XD

>>Now it seems people are starting to think "Oh-hum, another person with three wings. Look! Pikachu!" *laughs* So it's not as effective an attention-grabber as it was before.

XD That is kind of scary.
But...I know what you mean...it's like AS is a fad lately. ;_; Damn. I wanted to be SEMI-ORIGINAL with our AS costumes.

Ah, well, our Petshop of Horrors costumes are pretty original. So...yeah.

>>I say go with Squall. It's certain success with fangirls.
Just no Rinoa.

I agree, actually.

~~Tsuki~~

Medellia
03-03-2003, 05:23 PM
w00t Squall it is =9~ And I'll make you a catboy too if you want, sw33t13

D3M1TR1
03-03-2003, 05:43 PM
Woot!!!

I get to be a cat boy!

Damn, I'll glomp myself if that happens :p

thanks again for input people, still no me-specific costume ideas I guess.

Teteiyusu
03-03-2003, 06:49 PM
Squall,thats a good one!

I like girlish type men for my anime:

1.) Rosiel from Angel Sanctuary
2.) Griffith from Beserk
3.) Count D from Pet Shop of Horrors
4.) Arislan fom Heroic Legend of Arislan
to name a few!

I like men of power as well:

1.) Iason of Ai no Kusabi
2.) Zadei sama of Seimaden
to name a couple!

If I saw anyone cosplay any of these characters I would be a fan!

TsukiGuujin
03-04-2003, 01:27 AM
Teteiyusu:

I'm cosplaying both Rosiel and Count D for Yaoi Con this year, most likely. Hopefully, my fiance will come with me, and I'll have him be Katan and Leon.

YAY I am offtopic.

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

D3M1TR1
03-04-2003, 03:03 PM
Oooh, Count D costume *drool*

I would kill to go as him, but I think me wearing yet another dress might not make me a glompee magnet.

...must...win...bet...

Kamui Motoaki
03-04-2003, 03:12 PM
Knights in armor! Knights in armor!!!!
Go as Parn!
i know i want to. . .^_~

ducky_feet
03-05-2003, 01:21 AM
I've been glomped by a fanboy before. It was my first cosplay, too. I think he was just happy to see the character that I cosplayed. Of course I had the crud scared out of me when he glomped me (I didn't know what it was at the time).

As for the flocking fangirl thing, Squall's hot and all but I would only flock if it were the real Squall (fat chance of that happening see he's a fictional character). I look more for the costume, less for how hot the guy is. I'd only flock for a good FF7/Kingdom Hearts Cloud or Kingdom Hearts Squall (I'd go fangirly on Matt if I ever saw him in his KH Cloud costume).

Iori Branford
03-05-2003, 04:42 AM
Half-Life's Gordon Freeman.

Naw, just kidding.

D3M1TR1
03-05-2003, 11:29 AM
I wonder if anyone would notice me if I did an Urban Terror costume...

Na. Besides, Urbant Terror has no fangirls. No fangirls=winning bet.

*ponders*

TsukiGuujin
03-05-2003, 01:22 PM
>>I would kill to go as him, but I think me wearing yet another dress might not make me a glompee magnet.

I don't know. If *I* saw a guy do a really good D costume, I'd SOOO glomp him.

And it's not a DRESS.

It's a qipao, or close to it.
Most of D's clothes are specifically designed for males. ^^

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

D3M1TR1
03-05-2003, 05:30 PM
I tend to view clothing as I think the mass of people do.

When I see it I assumed it wasn't an actual dress, but many con-goers, and more to the point, non-con-goers see it as a dress.

Besides, the bet was for me to get glomped and that wouldn't help attract anyone but Count D's personal fan club :p

Benda
03-05-2003, 11:54 PM
OH! In my opinion anyone who dresses up as Sanosuke(From KEnshin) Deserves to be glomped. he's so hot*Drool* ^-^. Also I wouldn't mind seeing a good inuyasha or sesshomaru. Arima from kare kano is soooo glompable. Its no really anyone in particualr though cause fan girls have different taste like I would die if I saw a good ascot(From Magic KNight Rayearth) but others(Many others) wouldn't. It depends on what kind of fan girls you want really.

haru
03-07-2003, 02:23 AM
huh... hot guys??

Tidus!!
Hatsuharu,
Cloud ( attract by his big sword and hair style first),
weiss kreuz -aya (the red hair + hairtail will attract them first),
argento soma - Ryu Soma (i never saw people cosplay him b4... i buy the anime just because i attract by the disign of the main character -soma)
weiss kreuz gluhen - ken (i think he is hot with that sun-glasses)

Asriel
03-10-2003, 05:33 PM
Does anyone know if a good Legato Bluesummers costume would get some fangirls?

michanchan
03-10-2003, 06:11 PM
LOL Ask Squill about his sword, i think he got alot of attention riding it XD. Dunno bout Hatsuharu though, he's kinda dazed alot ^_^

TsukiGuujin
03-11-2003, 01:37 AM
>>Does anyone know if a good Legato Bluesummers costume would get some fangirls?

I bet it would, if it was good.

Kasandra and I were going to do Legato x Midvalley for Yaoi Con last year. *laugh*

But I'm pretty sure Legato on his own could get plenty of fangirls. ^^;

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

DragonHeart
03-11-2003, 07:59 AM
Well what about a half demon, like Inuyasha, or maybe dressing up as Trunks? I'm just wondering...because dateing people who dont like anime isnt fun. But i figure that if i want an anime fan for a GF...this is the place to start!

kodiak33
03-12-2003, 12:19 AM
I know ya'll are mostly talking about anime characters, but I have always had luck with the good ole Storm Trooper costume. There is some kinda mystique about that armor that makes the ladies go gaga. ;) Dish washer safe plastic = SEXY

Jacques Strapp
03-12-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Medellia
Ok... My good friend is convinced that no matter what costume I put him in, the fan girls will not flock. So we have a bet going and I need your guys' help! What costumes do you think would get the most obvious, annoying, glomp-ing fan girl action? I always have the weirdest posts don't I..... Anyway, thanks in advance!

That's easy. You should have him dress up as me ;-)

DragonHeart
03-12-2003, 12:04 PM
Yes...But this still dosent answer the quesion though...and even then, when i go to my first convention in AnaHeim CA, what will it be like? Will i actually meet women (Eh...something i havent had much luck with...all of the good ones are taken, and all that's left are annoying preps or drug addicts...i'll pass) and will the people actually be nice?

D3M1TR1
03-12-2003, 12:15 PM
-DragonHeart

I remember feeling the exact same was as you at my first con(Bakacon '99).

I can't say it's true of all cons, but I find the gang at Sakuracon to be more than friendly. Often at the con I find myself wandering into conversations being held in the halls and meeting some pretty nice people in the process. I specifically remember getting some rather nice female attention that year before I even got in the door!(A friend of mine and me were in accompanying Angel Sanctuary costumes though)

When it comes to women, you meet who you want to meet. I've meet drugies and preps(one year I had one attatched to me) and even hardcore gamer chicks who looked good! If there are nice girls at a con, and you want to meet them, just look for single ones and be friendly. If nothing else, you'll end up talking a lot about anime and having fun ^_^

Your last question was about people being nice. I personally think cons are split 50/50 with nice and not nice people. I've had complete strangers buy me dinner at cons. I've also caught people actually trying to steal a set of black wings I had on me. Watch your back, but be open is my advice.

Ok, back on topic, can anyone tell me what costume I specifically could get the most fangirls in?

TsukiGuujin
03-12-2003, 01:02 PM
>>Ok, back on topic, can anyone tell me what costume I specifically could get the most fangirls in?

I still say someone like Squall.

I know good Gackt cosplayers get fangirls, too. But Squall seems to be a really good bet. *shrug*

~~Tsuki~~

DragonHeart
03-12-2003, 02:32 PM
*Smiles* I'm deffinently gonna try and have fun, and i look forward to being at the con. Hopefully someone here will be at the anime expo 2003 in Anaheim Ca. It would be nice to actually meet some of you people and geek out on all of my favorite animes. But dont worry, i'll be sure to watch my back out there... :untrust: Now as for the costume, just go with what you feel most comfortable in. I sometimes shown up to school wearing my Shinto Priest outfit, with the red baggy cotten pants and the white cover. Just go with whatever you feel like that day. Now another thing....as for ladies, Hopefully someone pretty and nice will suddenly have an urge to speak to...Trunks lmao! I'm gonna dress up as that. I have the hair for it, and i can always dye my hair tundra color, so no biggie to me. Now if they allow live steel as a prop... *smiles* I get to wear my claymore. But hey, if we cant carry live steel like in the SCA...I'll try not to sulk. :sulk:
Whenever i dress up as something involveing a sword, i always bring that one...needless to say i feel kinda naked going as Trunks but haveing no sword. But if the do: :rockon: I'll be Veeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrryyyyyy happy! But no biggie if they dont, i can always make one out of PVC, paint it and just place that one in the shieth. ^_^*

Jacques Strapp
03-12-2003, 02:34 PM
DUDE. It's not the costume, but what's underneath the costume that they care about....YOU! A spiffy costume may bait the fish, but it's the attitude that hooks them and reels them in. If you're having woman problems, I suggest you go here (http://www.askmen.com/dating/doclove/index.html) and read these articles. They're practical and truthful. The principles contained within these writings turned things around for me. Use them, and they will work.

D3M1TR1
03-12-2003, 03:10 PM
I've no problem with women, fairly content there.
The reason this all got started was a bet over what could get me the most fan girls. I took the side of the bet saying I wouldn't get any fangirls.

*ponders if Basara fangirls exist*

aonceu
03-14-2003, 04:27 PM
Maybe Nikki from Chrono Cross?

yuffieleonheart
03-14-2003, 06:32 PM
i dunno if i already posted here lol but in anycase yeah i go with squalls and tidus's lol ^^ also cosplayers that get glomped the most are actually lil kids cuz they looked so darn cute. about the storm trooper thing lol yeah they do get a lot of fangirls lol. i glomped a storm trooper and darth vator ^^

HardlyActing
03-14-2003, 11:23 PM
Well, personally, I have yet to see a truly amazing Tasuki. Complete with his cute ickle fangs, of course! If I could find one, there would be some serious glompage. *hopes in general direction of prospective Tasuki cosplayers*

But in general, and I don't know if anyone has already said this, regardless of the costume of pick, confidence is a must. You're more likely to be fangirled if you look and act confident. Girls just wont be as hesitant to come up to you. I know that if I saw a great looking guy in an amazing costume just skulking about the convention, I probably wouldn't go up to him for fear of being intimidating. Just my 2 cents.. -.-

But as other's have said, almost any Final Fantasy guy (namely Tidus and Seifer, I think.. *lusts*) will have a gaggle of fangirls. Good luck with everything ^^

Raine
03-15-2003, 07:30 PM
I know I already posted here, but lemme just reinforce what I said...
Sexy=Gackt. Gackt=Squall, so therefore Squall=sexy! ^^

teacup
03-15-2003, 08:01 PM
J-Rock people! Tidus! Riku! And Squall~~ =^_______^= *dies*

Eva 01
03-17-2003, 08:47 PM
Umm I was just wondering what do u think would get more fangirls, Zell or Seifer? I am debating between these two but than there's always Riku from KH!

Schu
03-20-2003, 02:36 PM
Uhmmu someone mentioned going as Sanosuke... Along with the giant wang sword... I can see a guy liking that idea... and he's definatley the hottest guy in kenshin. (imo...)

The whole Squall thing... blah... do it well... I've seen many horrible squall's. ;_;

Kawaii Yuna
03-20-2003, 02:54 PM
Final Fantasy guys like Cloud, Squall, and Tidus really reels in those girls! (Only if you do the costume right, though!) Who can blame them, there HOT!! *From experience* LOL!!

ShingoBunny
03-21-2003, 11:14 AM
X_x;;;;;;; I don't want to see ANOTHER Squall. I, of course, like stranger characters. If you're a kitty boy, then you're going to be glomped. Same for any characters from any thing yaoi or shounen-ai. I would much rather like to see, oh, KOF cosplayers and Trigun (BRING ME THE LEGATO! ^________^). I admit I'm a yaoi girl, and I'll scream in fangirlish delight if I see a Kyo, Shingo, and Iori together, or Knives and Legato.

Kenshin-sama
03-21-2003, 04:18 PM
Kintaro Oe of course!!! (from golden boy -.-()..)

YES MY QUEEN!! HAHAHAH!

BabiiYunie
03-22-2003, 06:07 PM
someone strong, like a sumorai(KENSHIN!) i likiez lol(ignore my avatar, it's a joke im a femi :-p) I must tell you, tamahome(fushigi yuugi) cosplayers are quite cute

DragonHeart
03-24-2003, 10:17 AM
Yes, but the question is: Will some ladies go for the whole "Half Demon" Gag, since i'm dressing up as Inuyasha. I'll be going to the Anime Expo 2003 in Anaheim CA, and needless to say i'm looking forward to it. I think it's gonna be very interesting to go there. I'm planning on doing a little combo for the costume. I'm gonna be useing a wig from Chobits (Chii's hair) and Inuyasha get-up. As in the sword, the clothes, and the loveable ears. I'm even thinking about the nails too. It's gonna look great! I just hope it's gonna attract some pretty girls. Being single for a year sucks!!!

yayahan
03-24-2003, 11:21 AM
I'm sure you'll look great and that the ladies will be pleased to see you. Just remember that attitude is almost always as important than looks ^_^.
That goes for in and out of costume of course.

Go have fun!!

DragonHeart
03-24-2003, 12:07 PM
I really cant wait. I'll definently be nice like usual. Hopefully everyone else will be nice too to me. Um, lets take a little survey: Who all here is going to Anime Expo 2003?

Rosiel
03-24-2003, 07:01 PM
> , lets take a little survey: Who all here is going to Anime Expo 2003?

Please keep it on topic! There is a thread in the Anime Expo forum which deals specifically with who is attending that con.

I suggest you go post there. ^__^

Yuna-X2
09-28-2003, 02:29 AM
Two Words: FRUITS BASKET

Anyone who goes as Yuki, Kyou, Shigure, Momiji, Haru, Ayame, or Akito Sohma will get an automatic glomp. Yuki and Kyou rock my world. ^_^

TsukiGuujin
09-28-2003, 07:42 AM
I found that we had quite a fangirl following as Heero and Duo last week at NDK.

There was rumor of us making out in the hallway, and a couple people followed us for a while. Maybe we'll have more next year. XD

~~Tsuki~~

Scortia
09-28-2003, 09:42 AM
Fruits Basket, Gundam Wing, Weiss Kreuz, a well-done SKUtena duelist, Trigun (~_~;;), Gravitation, Final Fantasy guys, to a lesser-degree Yami no Matsuei, a sexy J-rock costume...

dustbunny690
09-28-2003, 10:41 AM
Yes definatly Fruits BAsket, very good anime by teh way.

But i'm going as Kurama from YuYu Hakusho, and i am bring a friend as a body guard. lol. (just in case)

But inuyasha is another one, for guys or girls that look like guys that dress up like Inuyasha, are going to have many fangirls. Exspecially Kagomes.

katrinastrife
09-28-2003, 11:18 AM
I know I already posted here, but lemme just reinforce what I said...
Sexy=Gackt. Gackt=Squall, so therefore Squall=sexy! ^^

Wow, I never knew it could get so mathematically sound...

Anyway, Girls go for guy characters that are popular--I'm sure you know the list. However, YOU have to look the part! So, go get in shape! Give yourself a facial! Put on a coat of clear nail polish! (LOL, BTW, I have no idea what you look like, I didn't even read all the way through this thread...) Make yourself look the bishie, and you will BECOME the bishie!

It's WAAAY too early for me...

ELFanatic
09-28-2003, 01:10 PM
My friend went as Trunks one year and god damn he got a lot of girls hollering at him.

CapsuleCorp
09-28-2003, 04:34 PM
Yep, two words: bishounen, and yaoi.

If the character is part of either classification, and the costume looks good (or you look good in the costume), the fangirls will come running.

Hiei gets quite a few. ;)

Sarcasm-hime
09-28-2003, 06:22 PM
Just be warned that if you cosplay as a popular bishounen, you are quite likely to get the *bad* kind of fangirls as well as the good...namely, the ones who do flying tackles, knock you down, accidentally tear your costume, grope you, and make a general nuisance of themselves. Fangirls haven't yet seemed to absorb the notion that assaulting complete strangers is a no-no. -_-;;

TsukiGuujin
09-29-2003, 04:40 PM
>>Just be warned that if you cosplay as a popular bishounen, you are quite likely to get the *bad* kind of fangirls as well as the good...namely, the ones who do flying tackles, knock you down, accidentally tear your costume, grope you, and make a general nuisance of themselves. Fangirls haven't yet seemed to absorb the notion that assaulting complete strangers is a no-no. -_-;;

X_x;
That's very true.
My fiance (actually, he wasn't in his Heero costume when this happened. O_o) got some girl who just RAN UP TO HIM and damn near knocked him over. I had about seven people hug me as Duo, only two of whom asked. Um.
My fiance is touch-phobic, unless he knows you. He had actually PREPARED for the con, for weeks in advance, so that he wouldn't freak out over scary people. And yes, there were some.
Well, at least no Relenas tried to steal him from me. >)

~~Tsuki~~

dustbunny
09-29-2003, 05:18 PM
>>My fiance (actually, he wasn't in his Heero costume when this happened. O_o) got some girl who just RAN UP TO HIM and damn near knocked him over. I had about seven people hug me as Duo, only two of whom asked. Um.
My fiance is touch-phobic, unless he knows you. He had actually PREPARED for the con, for weeks in advance, so that he wouldn't freak out over scary people. And yes, there were some.
Well, at least no Relenas tried to steal him from me. >)

~~Tsuki~~

Perpared? Interesting, how did he do that if you don't mind me asking?

SpikeSpiegel
09-29-2003, 05:55 PM
No Spike Spiegel here ?I'm outta luck. Heh. -kidding-

Bell-chan
09-29-2003, 07:30 PM
Cloud, Squall, and Tidus (poor Will).
Gravitation guys, especially Yuki Eiri or Sakuma Ryuichi.I wholly agree for both categories! My friend and I were planning Grav crossplay, but we have to consider those glomp-potentialities XD

I wouldn't glomp them; I'm just not like that. But I'd definately swoon ^_^

PockyDarcy
10-01-2003, 10:34 AM
anything too overdone doesn't attrack me period. I thing anything that is pretty obscure that i know. I actually glomped a mosqiton! *squeel* I guess that answered my question......any vampire characters, like Shido from nightwalker.

TsukiGuujin
10-01-2003, 01:07 PM
>>Perpared? Interesting, how did he do that if you don't mind me asking?

*laaaaaaaaaaaugh*
Enh, it was all mental preparation.
But he KNEW that people would glomp him. Especially considering his costume on Sunday! ^____^

>>anything too overdone doesn't attrack me period.

A lot of people were like that.
Someone told Kasandra (she was Trowa) "Thank you for not being Duo!"
And I am SO GLAD I was not there when she said that, because I am SUPER offended by that.
Yes, lots of people cosplay Duo, and I guess everyone is sick of seeing Duo cosplayers, but.
That doesn't mean we shouldn't do it. *fumes a little*

WOW that was offtopic. Sorry. ^^;;;;

~~Tsuki~~

foolofatook
10-02-2003, 12:43 AM
Ok, I would do Inuyasha, I made my friend that costume and at least 8 different girls came up to him and gave him hugs throughout the day as well as everyone wanted pics with him, ignoring us in costume only wanting him. He's not even that cute! (I have a pic of the costume in my gallery) So if you want the girls I'd go with Inuyasha, just my opinion ;)

TsukiGuujin
10-02-2003, 12:42 PM
Inuyasha.....you're right, that's another big one.
Myself, I'm a big Inuyasha anime fan, but not a fan of Inuyasha himself. But in general, he's a big fangirl magnet. X_x;

~~Tsuki~~

Din the Dancer
10-03-2003, 05:59 PM
It all depends on the fan girl. I know that I'd most definitly notice videogame characters. Ones that I'd oogle at (if done well of course) are Tidus, Squall, Cloud, Link, Marth... just to name a few. InuYash would be good and I used to have a thing for Seto Kaiba (It still exists, just died down ALOT)

Just to put in my bit of info...

Susumari
10-03-2003, 06:21 PM
I personally don't like Inuyasha...

BUT! YES THE GAME CHARACTERS! biggg plus on that. lol. Also...

The Shonen Ai's or/and Yaoi characters.
CatBoys.

Hanyaan
10-03-2003, 06:50 PM
Besides yaoi boys, FY, and Final Fantasy...

Well, my boyfriend got a LOT of attention from girls when I dressed him as Eriol from CCS...and even though I'm a girl I got LOTS of fangirls in my Xelloss outfit.

The MasterMind
10-03-2003, 10:14 PM
Glomping sounds fun. anyways, i read all 11 pages of this stuff. heh, but i have one question. what's so good about skinny lanky guys? i mean, don't you want a tough guy? not to sound like i look at skinny people as all weak people. but do you all really like to flock over guys that sometimes have their costumes baggy on them because they're too skinny?

onto whatever else i wanted to say. two costumes i want to be and i keep mentioning the first. super buu, yeah maybe it'd be akward being panted all pink....but come on, don't you like guys with no shirts? also wolfwood, i'm planning on making a good outift and doing the hair good also. only thing is i'm not real skinny, i'm built kinda. u can see a pic of me in my member gallery with the white shirt. sucks i would have to shave for that costume though. oh well. i also considered miroku but even though he looks cool on the show, his cotume just looks like crap when cosplayed. no matter who does it.

TsukiGuujin
10-05-2003, 12:59 AM
>>are Tidus, Squall, Cloud, Link, Marth... just to name a few. InuYash would be good and I used to have a thing for Seto Kaiba

I think I agree.
I'd LOVE to see a Marth costume, dude! That would rock.
There were SOOOO many Inuyashas at NDK. X_x;

As for Kaiba, I know a lot of Kaiba fans, but I'd rather see a really good Bakura.

>>I personally don't like Inuyasha...

Word.

>>The Shonen Ai's or/and Yaoi characters.

The Gravitation boys at NDK were apparently charging two bucks to kiss for pics. My fiance and I are thinking about that for our Heero/Duo costumes next year. XD

>>Glomping sounds fun.

It ISN'T.
It HURTS.
And if I had something like wings on, and someone glomped me, I might shoot them. (seeing as how if I ever DO make wings, I'll have a gun, too. Cuz they'd be Shinigami wings). Enh, maybe I'd scythe them. ^____^

>>but come on, don't you like guys with no shirts?

No offense to anyone, but that would depend on the guy.

>>i also considered miroku but even though he looks cool on the show, his cotume just looks like crap when cosplayed. no matter who does it.

That's unfair.
I saw a couple really good Mirokus at NDK.
So I think that's kinda mean of you. >.<

~~Tsuki~~

The MasterMind
10-05-2003, 11:48 AM
That's unfair.
I saw a couple really good Mirokus at NDK.
So I think that's kinda mean of you. >.<

i'm sorry if i offended you. and it wasn't any offense to anyone really because every miroku i've seen were all equally bad. none worse than the last :) heh. but really i'm sure there has to be atleast one good one out there that i'll see someday. and i'm still going to make a miroku outfit, i'll just know that if it doesn't look good i won't wear it. hehe

Tiirz
10-05-2003, 02:31 PM
There is a difference between skinny and lean and muscular, with a broad chest and narrow hips. A male dancer's build, in other words. Long muscle, not bulk.

Mizuno Tenshi
10-06-2003, 09:46 AM
ooh! I AM a male dancer. Well... I'm a guy who dances. I don't do male technique though... so where does that put me?

Hmm...

BTW, mostly ballet, some pointework, I've done a little bit of lyrical, not much of else.
And I've done a lot of martial arts. ^_^
So those who joke me for dancing around on my toes in a leotard and pink tights are welcome to shove it. With all due respect, I mean. :D

Tenshi

tennyoaisu
10-06-2003, 10:14 AM
I will glomp the following:

Spike Spiegel
Vash
Wolfwood
Vicious
Shinji Ikari

fweee. ^_~ As well as other younger characters such as Li Syaoran, Haku (Spirited Away) and Keitar. (Love Hina)(

I basically look for characters I know, like from games, anime, and manga that I am familiar with. ^_~

Holly
10-06-2003, 09:10 PM
I just die for Sephiroth, from ff7 oh yeah ^.^

Dewy
10-06-2003, 09:18 PM
Takuto or Izumi from Full moon...*points to avatar* Izumi = worth much fangirling. Same with Takuto...

If its an over popular cosplayed character like Vash or Inuyasha...the fangirls get tired of the glomping...cause they're eveerywheeere....*flails arms*

Icetigris
10-06-2003, 10:01 PM
If you cosplay as:
Link
Quatre
Tasuki
Lantis
Vash
James (yes, from Pokemon. -_-; )
Marth
Roy
Vyse
Yami Yugi
Mutou Yugi
Kaiba Seto
...then I will glomp you.
A few pointers, however. If you do ANY Yugioh character you MUST get the hair right. This goes for all of them. Meaning, if you do Yami, don't use foam for the hair because that is just lame and stupid. Style a wig because it looks A LOT better. Actually, this really goes for all costumes. If you get the hair right, then you look a lot more like the character. So get the hair right! If you do, it is likely that more ppl wil glomp you. It also helps to be hot in the first place and to look like the character, but that point has been reiterated many a time already. And the line, "chicks dig pale, scrawny guys" is pretty true. Just look at the Yugioh characters and the number of fangirls they have. o_O

Brunhilde
10-06-2003, 10:26 PM
I saw a Yugi with cardboard hair...

KaitouKurogo
10-07-2003, 11:32 AM
It is true that girls seem to like the pale skinny sort...my girlfriend recently discovered Gravitation and she hasn't stopped obssessing over Shuichi... -_-; I've been in full-blown debates over the reasoning behind bishie-appeal, but I'll avoid that point.

Given your look, I'd say a good costume for you to do would be Jiggan from Lupin III. He's not a bishie, so you'd only get glomps from hard-core fans (which are rare for this anime), but at least you wouldn't have to shave. He's a bit lanky himself, but he wears a suit so it doesn't make a bit of difference.

The MasterMind
10-07-2003, 12:42 PM
i wouldn't get glomps cuz no one would know who i am...that's no fun. especially because i wouldn't even know who i am. thanks for the suggestion though. it would be good to be able to cosplay someone and not have to shave..heh, cuz i really hate shaving, it's crapp. i think that with wolfwood i wouldn't even shave it with a razor though, i would buzz it, so there would still be stubble, wich i think is good cuz he has stubble.

TsukiGuujin
10-07-2003, 12:59 PM
>>Given your look, I'd say a good costume for you to do would be Jiggan from Lupin III.

I would glomp a Jigen just because I've never seen one!!! ^___^

And I agree 100% with Icetigris on the hair thing. At least TRY. There was a Vash girl at NDK 6 and she had a ponytail!!! Some characters have signature hair, like all the YGO characters, Duo Maxwell, Trowa Barton, and Vash. Without the right hair, it's not the same. >.<

~~Tsuki~~

vixen demoness
10-07-2003, 02:19 PM
Well what i would go for is a cute joey from yu-gi-oh,but what would really get the ladies comming is a kurama or yoko kurama from yu yu hakusho. :love:

Spiffy
10-07-2003, 04:56 PM
*nod* A male Kurama...rare AND pretty. =D

oneas
10-07-2003, 06:01 PM
would li from ccs get glomped lol? i mean if its a good costume!

Argento
10-07-2003, 06:31 PM
Heh... I wore my Shuichi puppy costume to one of my anime club's meetings, and they glomped the heck outta me. ^^ But I can see why. Its the most adorable thing ever.

archangeli
10-07-2003, 06:34 PM
Hmmm.... I'm a sucker for a guy with wings.

Van Fanel is yummy, and simple to pull off.

Osuwari
10-07-2003, 10:07 PM
Inuyasha is on my list ^-^ I lub the ears!! He is my favorite *drools* A hard- core Inuyasha fan here!

Gren
10-07-2003, 10:28 PM
Most any of the Final Fantasy males make me drool all over myself if they're done really well.

The MasterMind
10-07-2003, 10:32 PM
Maybe for once someone would glomp Hercule, because i'm working on a hercule costume now...would any of you people glomp me if i were hercule? not because i asked, but if you saw me?

Icetigris
10-07-2003, 11:16 PM
Umm...sorry, but Mr. Satan is scary. Extremely so. If you really want to be glomped, I'd stick to the bishie lists.

tennyoaisu
10-08-2003, 10:06 AM
Wait, I chanedmy mind - Either Wolfwood, Spike, or Vash but SHIRTLESS. *drools all over keyboard*

Come to think of it, it'd be cool to see someone try and pull off a shirtless Vash - don't want to say more because of spoilers - but it'd be neat to see what they came up with.

Ashurachan
10-08-2003, 11:05 AM
Haha... a fluffy moogle costume attracts fangirls, believe me... I was there to witness it! *pokes DJRanma* lol

Any fluffy costume, actually.

"How cute !" -> *glomp*

There's a French cosplayer, Maniac, who's not that good-looking but does beautiful fluffy costumes... he's been hugged by countless pretty girls ^^;

Vanity Fading
10-08-2003, 12:44 PM
I don't know which anime boy would get the most fan girls but I do know that if you cosplay a j-rocker you'd get tons!!
XD

TsukiGuujin
10-08-2003, 12:46 PM
>>Come to think of it, it'd be cool to see someone try and pull off a shirtless Vash

Dude, so would I.

And VanityFading is right. J-Rockers get fans. But most people are less likely to GLOMP a J-Rocker. X_x;
Glomping hurts. >.<

~~Tsuki~~

Vanity Fading
10-08-2003, 01:16 PM
I did! I saw a Kyo at cnax and I "stalked" him and later ...he got glomped... actually more like clinging ^___^;;
weeee!

Ready2Rokk
10-08-2003, 02:51 PM
Me and my boyfriend dressed as Miroku and Sango last year at Fanime. He got ALOT of fan girl attention. Girls would randomly run up and glomp him out of nowhere, even if we were posing for pictures! It was both scary and funny at the same time.

Niko
10-08-2003, 07:29 PM
Tamahome, when it doesn't seem to matter a.) what the person looks like or b.) what sort of quality the costume is of (this is based on observation, not on my own experience).

However, for myself, I will talk to guys who look like they spent a lot of time on their costumes, or who have awesome props. Props are a big part of it. Good costume = people will love you, no matter what you look like. Having a recognisable costume will also get you more props than one that is not recognisable, but I am NOT IN ANY WAY TELLING YOU THAT VASH IS A GOOD IDEA. I love you Vash, but no. FANBOYS: JUST SAY NO TO VASH.

Hmm....I think I should start a banner exchange....F.J.S.N.V. This is a message that needs to get out. Why don't we see more Tougas from Utena? Seriously. Or more Witch Hunter Robin Amons. Now THAT is something I need to see more of.

Dewy
10-08-2003, 07:42 PM
However, for myself, I will talk to guys who look like they spent a lot of time on their costumes, or who have awesome props. Props are a big part of it. Good costume = people will love you, no matter what you look like. Having a recognisable costume will also get you more props than one that is not recognisable, but I am NOT IN ANY WAY TELLING YOU THAT VASH IS A GOOD IDEA. I love you Vash, but no. FANBOYS: JUST SAY NO TO VASH.

Word.

Ah...another thing...guys who cosplay shoujo (or shounen-ai for that matter) anime are rare, so you'd probably get some glomping-action there XD

StarChopsui
10-08-2003, 07:53 PM
Hmm...I dont mean to be rude but whenever I go as vash or inuyasha, i get glomped...but mostly by fat or ugly girls and I try to run and they thing im joking and its not really fun...Whats a cos that CUTE girls go for?

Dewy
10-08-2003, 08:03 PM
Hmm...I dont mean to be rude but whenever I go as vash or inuyasha, i get glomped...but mostly by fat or ugly girls and I try to run and they thing im joking and its not really fun...Whats a cos that CUTE girls go for?

...O.o
Dont think theres much of a choice there...

CapsuleCorp
10-08-2003, 09:49 PM
LOL yeah, beggars can't be choosers.

Did somebody say a male Kurama cosplayer? DUDE. I'm so looking for one. Especially as a female Hiei crossplayer. ;) I'm ready to recruit anyone I see who could pull it off.

I did see a shirtless Vash at ACen. Not bad. Accurate, yes, but just a tad under-muscly. Either that, or the bits looked painful. :)

StarChopsui
10-08-2003, 10:06 PM
is crossplaying...like crossdressing...im just saying you will get NO GLOMP FROM ME! well guys dont usually glomp unless they are like perverted like me but w/e Since im going as miroku i might as well act like a pervert like him

CapsuleCorp
10-08-2003, 10:20 PM
Yes, crossplaying is going as a character whose gender is opposite you. I don't want guys to glomp me when I'm crossplaying, that's kinda scary...

TsukiGuujin
10-09-2003, 12:45 PM
>>Ah...another thing...guys who cosplay shoujo (or shounen-ai for that matter) anime are rare, so you'd probably get some glomping-action there XD

That's true.
Both shoujo and shounen-ai costumes seem to be done by girls.
Almost all yaoi pairs that I see are two girls. My fiance will be yaoi-ful with me, though. ^^ And there were two Gravitation boys that were really boys at NDK. They got LOTS of fans.

>>Hmm...I dont mean to be rude but whenever I go as vash or inuyasha, i get glomped...but mostly by fat or ugly girls and I try to run and they thing im joking and its not really fun...Whats a cos that CUTE girls go for?

No offense, but that is a really horrible thing to say.

>>Did somebody say a male Kurama cosplayer?

I think I know someone who did Kurama, and he's a guy....but of course, I'm not really sure what Kurama looks like, so I'm not sure if I'm thinking of the same character. ^^

~~Tsuki~~

KaitouKurogo
10-09-2003, 12:57 PM
Shirtless Vash, Male Kurama/Youko... I'm really frustrated...I've got a friend named William who is perfect for both these characters in so many ways, but I can't get him to cosplay because he's going on a trip soon... >_<

>>Hmm...I dont mean to be rude but whenever I go as vash or inuyasha, i get glomped...but mostly by fat or ugly girls and I try to run and they thing im joking and its not really fun...Whats a cos that CUTE girls go for?

>>No offense, but that is a really horrible thing to say.

No offense as well meant here with this...That may be a really shallow thing to say, but you can't hold it against the guy. Is it really so wrong for him wanting to be glomped by a girl he finds attractive rather than one he does not?

dustbunny
10-09-2003, 07:23 PM
Well i'm doing Kurama but i'm a girl which is call crossdressing. The thing is that my friends anime and non anime lovers say that i look like a guy. A little scary yes but thats what i want. I just hope that i don't get gromped by any fangirls.(shivers) Lets just hope they know that it is a girl under that costume. ^^

gally2003
10-10-2003, 05:24 PM
I am going to be Wolfwood- a cross punisher is fun to carry except a bit heavy- sun glasses hide eyes! *is getting pumped to be Wolfwood* It would nice to get an "ooo wolfwood!" Thats would b fine for me- so- lets all be happy and not beg for fangirls!
I know that at cons I glomp to any cute vash or wolfwood. Well since I probably won't be attending the same con as you just let me say this mr wolfwood "WOLFWOOD! I luv you". And now what I have to say to the girl trying to get girls to glomp to her friend; you can probally guess who I recommend. If he makes a good vash or wolfwood I can almost promise glompage. What fan girl can't help but fall for a gun swinging cutie. But no matter what costume he ends up going in, if he is lacking fan girls stick a hug me, lick me sign on his back. I went to NDK and there was a vash with a sign on the front of his coat that said hug me. On the back it said lick me. I hugged this same guy like five times. I heard that one girl even licked the side of his face.
Oh one last message to the guy who said vashes and inu yasha only get glomped by ugly girls, all I have to say is no. Thats so not true. Most of the girls that golmped the hug me lick me vash were really skinny and dressed a neko girls.

StarChopsui
10-10-2003, 08:50 PM
hehe thanks for the backup...its not funny when the girl is bigger than me.. i got sick of it and i almost took off my costume the same girl...gross...
Anyway my friend made a great wall for me because he was dressed as choji (the fat guy from naruto) i think the name was wrong but hes like oops i got in the way yeah and that helped ALOT

KaitouKurogo
10-11-2003, 12:06 PM
^_^; Funny bit of side-info about your human-wall comment there.
A while back I was set to perform the same service. My girlfriend made a Lum (Urusei Yatsura) costume...she's quite attractive, so fanboys were assured.

Therefore, I became the 'Oni Fanboy Bodyguard'! Just dress up like a member of the Secret Service with a tigerstripe tie, yellow horns, fangs, and a big-ass spiked club! No fanboy in his right mind would go anywhere near her with me looming around looking like that. ^_^

Oh, and if any girl out there needs Fanboy Protection during an upcoming con, my girlfriend pimps me out to the highest bidder. :thumbsup: Just make sure she gets a cut of the profit. I live in the southern california region, so nothing too far out of state will do... -_-;

CapsuleCorp
10-12-2003, 08:59 PM
Fanboy protection - LOL! I love it!

ooooooooooooo I found a male Kurama cosplayer at Kazecon this weekend. I'll try to get my pics up fast. ;)

King_Potatoe
10-12-2003, 09:52 PM
three of mah fan-girl frenz said they'd be all over me if when I dress as Kakashi...then again they also think i'm cute to begin with...but ... iono... Try Squall..girls like him...

Meredisu-chan
10-13-2003, 08:44 PM
*sings* Gather up the fangirls, put 'em in a basket!

I know Vash has been terribly overdone, but you'd get a glomp from me, and my other Vash-centric friend. (Of course, she's going as Lord Il Palazzo, but underneath all that shoulderpaddy-mass, there's a girl!)

Neko-guys, or basically anything that's leathery or fluffy is irresistably cute!

Personally, I'm going as Excel, so it's kind of my job to act like a lunatic and glomp as many people as possible! (Don't worry, I'm not the scary flying-tackle kind!) I would especially love a James (I think like half of the fangirl population thinks he's hot and doesn't admit it.), Ryo and Dee from FAKE, or that guy from Excel Saga who doesn't talk, but Japanese characters appear above his head! And of course, all Il Palazzos!

So, regardless of what your costume is, just seek out your friendly neighborhood glomper!

KaitouKurogo
10-14-2003, 03:17 AM
And if all else fails; eat the dog.

Hail Il Palazzo!

TsukiGuujin
10-14-2003, 12:50 PM
>>That may be a really shallow thing to say, but you can't hold it against the guy. Is it really so wrong for him wanting to be glomped by a girl he finds attractive rather than one he does not?

I guess not, but....I don't know.
Not so pretty girls aren't allowed to glomp people now?
WOW I guess I better never glomp anyone ever again.
-.-

>>I went to NDK and there was a vash with a sign on the front of his coat that said hug me.

XD
That guy was great!
There was some girl with him asking, "Will you hug my friend?"
I didn't get asked when I was Duo (my Heero fiance is scary. no one talks to us. XD) but when I was Hawks Eye, I hugged him. Hug me signs are great. ^____^

>>its not funny when the girl is bigger than me

I think I'll refrain from commenting this time because I may just end up getting seriously pissed off.

>>Oh, and if any girl out there needs Fanboy Protection during an upcoming con, my girlfriend pimps me out to the highest bidder.

GAHAH!
That's funny.
I think my fiance and I would get more people glomping us as Heero and Duo, but....dude. Heero is SCARY. O_O;
So not so many people are brave. *dies laughing*
Man, we're evil.

>>Try Squall..girls like him...

That's true, FF VII, VIII, and X boys tend to get lots of fangirls.
Personally, I want to see a really good Locke or a really good Kefka. I'd SO glomp them!

~~Tsuki~~

darkangel998
10-14-2003, 02:52 PM
As it has been stated, just about anythgin Yaoi or Yaoi flavored will get you fangirls by the droves. So do sexy evil things. or cute little things like plushies :)

So, garenteed glomps

Weiss boys
Saiyuki boys
any evil guy from Clamp
Gundam Boys, expecially Duo or Zechs
Squall, Zell, or Seifer are all good ones as well :)

BountyBebopLuva
10-16-2003, 02:08 AM
SpikeSpiegel725~ No Spike Spiegel here ?I'm outta luck. Heh. -kidding-

SpikeSpiegel725 I WILL glomp a Spike cosplayer. With their knowing, of course! ^^ He's so bloody sexah! :love:

sasuke2598
10-16-2003, 10:01 AM
me! use me i attract the most!!!

Suzushichan
10-16-2003, 10:31 AM
Sephiroth...or any Bad-@$$ guys in long trenchcoats...or...guys that show lots of skin!!!!>O<
I have yet to see a MALE Kuja. @_@

TsukiGuujin
10-16-2003, 01:05 PM
>>Weiss boys
Saiyuki boys
any evil guy from Clamp
Gundam Boys, expecially Duo or Zechs
Squall, Zell, or Seifer are all good ones as well

Gravitation is another one. There were Gravi boys charging to kiss for pics at NDK. XD

>>I have yet to see a MALE Kuja.

I saw one once....

I'd like to see yaoi costumes done by more boys, myself. Because you usually see two girls DRESSED as two boys. I was SO IMPRESSED with the Gravitation boys we saw because they were both boys. So whee.

~~Tsuki~~

Pink Bunnie
10-16-2003, 11:23 PM
Sephiroth, Squall, Cloud and Vash would get my votes. Not that those are my fave characters. Only characters I've personally ever glomped was an Arashi from Parakiss or if I saw a damn good George I'd glomp him too. Just from experience being at cons seeing the glomping or being with friends in those costumes those have been the most popular.

Tiara
10-17-2003, 09:48 AM
Need to cheer up an underconfident friend, just want people to think you're cool. Call me, the
-Fangirl for hire-

Charge by the hour, includes gushing baby talk and glomping. Contact me for prices.

;)

Anyways I'd glomp any good Chichiri, Clef, or Sanosuke. Of course since I'm going to anime central with my boyfriend next year...... Oh well he'll have to get over it. :D

Mizu Megami
10-19-2003, 05:11 PM
Sesshomaru - Inu-Yasha
Inu-Yasha - Inu-Yasha
Raven - Zoids
Riku - Kingdom Hearts
Sora - Kingdom Hearts
Leon(Squall) - Kingdom Hearts
Cloud - Kingdom Hearts
Sephy - Kingdom Hearts
Ansem - Kingdom Hearts
Yami - Yu-Gi-Oh
D - Vampire Hunter D
Hiei - Yu Yu Hakusho
Kurama - Yu Yu Hakusho
Trunks - DBZ
Vash - Trigun
Tsukasa - .Hack//Sign
Sora - .Hack//Sign
ne half decent looking bishonen with a kawaii Naraku plushie
Leon - Star Ocean
Dias - Star Ocean
Ashton - Star Ocean
Ryou - Tokyo Mew Mew
Yue - Card Captor Sakura
Valgaav - Fushigi Yuugi
Battousai - R. Kenshin
Kamui - X
Treize - Gundam Wing
Quatre - Gundam Wing
Trowa - Gundam Wing
Wufei - Gundam Wing
Zechs - Gundam Wing

Clueless Case
10-19-2003, 07:14 PM
BUCHI FROM ANIMAL MAGNETISM IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOT.........DROOLS ..................mmmmmmmmmmm neko love..........http://www.gainax.co.jp/soft/animag/chara/buchi.jpg
Of his bro Kuro
Kuro mmmmmmm hes yummy (http://www.gainax.co.jp/soft/animag/chara/kuro.jpg)

Niko
10-20-2003, 02:44 AM
I have yet to see a MALE Kuja. @_@

There was the most delicious (and bishie) speciman of male-kind at last year's iowa (02) in a thong and that little Kuja skirt and Kuja jacket...and little else. Mmmm......that was a good con indeed. I saw him in the hottub later and nearly melted....

However, Kuja is a weapon best not used by the unexperienced. Since it's so showy, it's probably best if only done by people who have something to show, or rather, don't have nothing to show.

That's another piece of advice. Unless you got the bod, don't cosplay as Heero Yuy or something...those spandex shorts and tiny tank top won't hide a less than perfect figure. Basically, avoid nearly naked costumes unless you have something to show, because at that point, you're taking the emphasis off of your costume (that you want people to glomp you for) and putting on yourself.

Niko
10-20-2003, 02:45 AM
BUCHI FROM ANIMAL MAGNETISM IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOT.........DROOLS ..................mmmmmmmmmmm neko love..........http://www.gainax.co.jp/soft/animag/chara/buchi.jpg
Of his bro Kuro
Kuro mmmmmmm hes yummy (http://www.gainax.co.jp/soft/animag/chara/kuro.jpg)

Wait, listen to this girl. LISTEN TO HER, PLEASE!!! Don't forget Leon. By absolute rule, any Leon MUST WITHOUT QUESTION be glomped.

Clueless Case
10-21-2003, 05:53 PM
MWHAHAHA.....ALL MUST OBEY........heheh bishi love

Toastersix
10-21-2003, 07:30 PM
I'd love to see a Gackt in his Mizerable outfit. *_* Gotta love Gackto..

DaphHime
10-21-2003, 07:53 PM
Personally, I'm going as Excel, so it's kind of my job to act like a lunatic and glomp as many people as possible! (Don't worry, I'm not the scary flying-tackle kind!) I would especially love a James (I think like half of the fangirl population thinks he's hot and doesn't admit it.), Ryo and Dee from FAKE, or that guy from Excel Saga who doesn't talk, but Japanese characters appear above his head! And of course, all Il Palazzos!

YAY! Another Excel! Only when I went to Anime Central there were no Ilpalazzos. And he's top on my list of guys to glomp. :love:

And that guy from Excel Saga who can't talk is Sumiyoshi. I prefer Iwata my self however.

Some other guys sure to be glomped by me:

-Marron from Sorcerer Hunters
-Kagato from Tenchi Muyo (Don't ask :thumbsup: )
-Sesshomaru from Inu Yasha
-Any of the Gavitation guys (Pericuarly Yuki and Shuuchi. And I know I butcherd their names. ^_^')

Attack of ther rabid fangirls. Though I don't really bite or tackle. I just give hugs. Bishies need love!

Dark Vision
10-21-2003, 11:08 PM
you wanna attract fangirls. Rule of thumb is 50% looks and 30 % presenation, and the rest is costume quality. There isn't any ultimate fangirl attracter, but as long as it popular you'll get your fair share.

Icetigris
10-21-2003, 11:40 PM
I WISH TO SEE AN ONI-LINK (Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask) !!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!

PepeluTivursky
08-10-2004, 09:32 AM
I WISH TO SEE AN ONI-LINK (Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask) !!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!

:love: Man, we need a drool icon ...
I second that suggestion! Bring on the Oni-Link's!!

Also, on the top of my glompable list:
- Sephiroth (ask the poor KH Sephiroth I spotted coming down the elevator at Sugoi)
- Miroku, simply because I love Miroku!
- Harlock, love Harlock too.
- Ivan Issacs (from 'Priest')
- Any of the Silent Hill guys. James ... Harry ... Vincent ... all besides Eddie ;) Dress as one of those, you're sure to see me lurking somewhere in the background.

FrenzieFlippy
08-10-2004, 09:04 PM
Anything from final fantasy, tidus, cloud, squall, matbe even sora from kingdom hearts. spike from cowboy bebop, inu yasha would be good, or u could dress up in a school uniform. there are so many characters in anime that wear a school uniform.

Inamichan
08-10-2004, 09:10 PM
From experience, Gravitation attracts lots of fangirls. ^^; However, some will ask for yaoi, so...yeah. o.o My Youji costume at Otakon last year also brought fangirls...

chocola_charat
08-17-2004, 08:49 AM
Squaaaaaalll.... *Drools* x.o

toori_akuma
08-17-2004, 08:52 AM
Alucard does it for me *swoon* :drool:

well made coustumes attract them more than anything else

Sailor Kikyo
08-17-2004, 09:14 AM
Gippal! I heart Gippal...and Miroku. Why I like him, I'll never know, but he makes me drool *faints* and Tidus, on occsion,will do that to meh.

Red Fang
08-17-2004, 10:48 AM
Honestly, I'm not quite sure why he would want to attract them. Being Asian(like me!), good-looking(like me!) and having a well contructed costume with a popular character seems to help(not yet, ones in the making though!).Don't be bothored by my lack of humility, I don't vdo humble. Bad attitudes seem to work,if in chracter as well.

Saiyan Princess
08-17-2004, 11:11 PM
Well....... I'm sure most fan girls will agree that any guy cosplaying as a hot villian is going to get glomped. My top 5 are.

1. Sephiroth (my friends tried to make me glomp him but since I'm an amature glomper they settled for having me hug him

2. Android 17 (would of glomped him if I was cosplaying as Bra)

3. Sesshomaru (pretty puppy!)

4. Vega (the one at Fanime was gorgeous! *hearts in eyes*)

5. Vicious (I didn't see one but am hoping to glomp one)

Hilary
08-18-2004, 02:23 PM
Why do you **want** to attract fangirls? I've had creepy little girls follow me around for an entire convention- and I'm a female, and was dressed as a female!! I don't understaaaaaaaaand!
Believe you me- it's flattering when people compliment your recreation of a character or your costume craftmanship, but when you can't walk because you're being attacked by cameko and glomps, it's downright dangerous! I've had my shirt pulled completely off once by a rabid Ed-boy that I had never met in my life.
I will agree that naturally attractive men get the fangirls though. My very sexy friend Eric, who is about seven feet tall, got head-butted in the junk by a teeny, crazed, fangirl who wouldn't let go of his Vash costume. Hell, when we went to Perkins in the "real world" in costume, non-otaku women were asking the hostess to seat them near our table so they could enjoy dinner with a view. When we left to pay our bill, the cashier told him that every female who had entered the restaraunt in the last hour had commented on how hot he was, despite the fact that he was dressed up in a red trenchcoat and had spiked his hair with elmer's glue. They didn't understand why he was in costume, but they really didn't care.
So yeah. Be careful what you wish for. Dying under a pile of fangirls is not the way I'd want to go.

DDR Faery Spice
08-18-2004, 02:34 PM
1. anything bishounen. pretty boys=fangirls, no matter how fantastic/crappy the costume is. If he's bishie, he's got the fangirls. Bonus points for lots of exposed skin, especially the abdomen.

2. Any angsty character, esp. those that have well-made costumes, an intense look in their eyes, and that "get the eff away from me" scowl. The less they want the fangirls, the more they get. Law of Inverse Return. I mean, come on, a perky little Sephiroth just doesn't have the same effect as an angst-ridden brooding-type, does it?

3. YAOI. Yaoi=fangirls. No ifs, ands, or buts. It's the way it works.

Also, being a charismatic manwhore seems to help...if any of you were at Animazement and saw the Shirtless Bishie, you know what I mean. ::pps-I was the creator of the aforementioned "Shirtless Bishie."::

Tetris
08-19-2004, 12:45 AM
Any boy that likes other boys would attract fan-girls. It might be hard to hit on the fan-girls fromt that point though because there expecting you to hit on boys as well.
I agree, I'll hit on any male Shuuichi cosplayers. so dont cosplay as Shuuichi if you just want to attract fan-girls, because you will also attract fan-boys like me :)

I cosplayed as Ryuichi in bunny costume and got lots of fan-girl attention.

So what costumes attract fan-boys? I'll say Shuuichi for this quistion as well :) and Touga he's got a body that can make a man wet.

Also just be confident I quote the giant talking clitoris fromt he south park movie. "chicks dig confidence"

Charisma Sells.

kyojin_alex
08-19-2004, 01:05 AM
Bishounen will always work.A lot of j-rock cosplays get girl fans but thats usualy bishounen. From experiance, cosplaying Auron gets a lot of fan girls and glomps. You just cant defend yourself from the glomps because your hands arent free.

hanyou741
08-21-2004, 12:23 AM
If I were you I would go for Duo Maxwell from Gundam wing, I you WILL get glomped like crazy, I mean who dosen't love Duo?

HisuiKirei
08-21-2004, 01:16 AM
i cosplayed Seto Kaiba for holloween and got glomped...i didnt think there would be fangirls out in the rain in pasadena! o_O;; but also i was a hott bishi with wet hair! LOL but i only got 3 glomps... it wasnt as bad as being Tohya Miho from Megeatokyo and getting glomped by middle aged men! O_O!

DDR Faery Spice
09-01-2004, 06:20 PM
glompage by middle-aged men=t3h scary. I've cosplayed as Miho as well, so I feel your pain. There's nothing like some random guy glomping you, swinging you around, then putting you down and walking away without saying a word. -_-;

HisuiKirei
09-02-2004, 12:50 AM
think i'll get fangirls with the cosplays im pulling?
when im Inutaisho, strangely enough im confused for Sesshoumaru, when true fangirls(guys) should know very well sesshoumaru doesnt have two tails and a ponytail! and he has one shoulder armored, and not both shoulders armored...GAH what's with people? they claim to be inuyasha fans and cant tell the difference between sesshoumaru and something else?
therefore to solve this problem:
while im at the con, I'll be giving out movie 3 burned dvds for 2 bucks(to pay for the dvd-rs+time, no profit, more of a loss but worth it if peeps see the 3rd movie!) >.<;
HAHA ^^;

HisuiKirei
09-02-2004, 12:59 AM
Although wouldnt u think that's wrong? it's not licenced in US yet, i just want peeps to see the movie! ^^; i mean they can go ahead and buy it off yahoo japan for 50 bucks ^^;

Yunalesca
09-02-2004, 01:07 AM
Anything 'shipped to death. Fangirls are shippers.

concrete-angel
09-02-2004, 10:56 AM
Hehe-- I agree with most people: YAOI = FANGIRLS. End of story. If you're willing to peck the bish next to you on the cheek, you'll be swamped by girls and guys.

YAOI + BISHONEN + LIKED HOTTIE CHARRIE = FANGIRLS

Equation of the week. ^^"

Hinataheights
09-07-2004, 06:43 PM
though this is slightly opposite...this year at ACEN i was going as myself really ...baggy jeans and a mighty mouse (tight) tshirt. and some random guy totally glomped me! scared the heck outa me! then hes like "like the shirt", clicked a "finger gun" at me, and walks away. and then theres me, left with my jaw open and a very astonished look.

im a sucker for the boys of KH though. prolly go as Kairi next year (or Hige...not sure yet!!!!!)

CosplayNeko
09-10-2004, 01:48 PM
my boyfriend made a really good Sanosuke from Rurouni Kenshin at Animazement 04
He was just the right height and size to fit the character and his hair was just right.
He got attacked like crazy! Maybe it was the big sword or the bare chest...I don't really know
We kept it really accurate and he just LOOKED like a bishonen. I left him alone for 5 minutes in the dealer room and some girl had run up and tried to suck on his neck with bright red lipstick! 0.o' He had a good weekend....

Tentacle_Guy
09-10-2004, 03:58 PM
The squid seems to attract a lot of fangirls. You'd be suprised how many will come up to you and start screaming things like "SQUID!" or "YAY FOR TENTACLE RAPE!"

jetspectacular
09-10-2004, 04:08 PM
you dont even have to seriously cosplay. just wear a really nice suit, and if you can pull off the GQ look, then by comparison, you're the hotteset guy at the con (make sure your badge is showing though, or we'll think you're hotel staff, haha).

well dressed men = hot.

if they ask you what you're dressed as, just say you're wearing a suit for kicks.

l0stn0tfound
09-10-2004, 04:36 PM
I'd like to get fan gals attention! Mainly because I don't know anyone around Richmond, VA (Just moved here) and meeting a cool fan girl at nekocon would kick ass. Hopefully my kazuma costume works out.

MemoriesofYuna
09-10-2004, 05:27 PM
I'd like to get fan gals attention! Mainly because I don't know anyone around Richmond, VA (Just moved here) and meeting a cool fan girl at nekocon would kick ass. Hopefully my kazuma costume works out.

Tidus from ffx. Yuna is the most cosplayed girl ever. the fan girls will flock. i usuaully tend to flock to tidus's and seymores cause im obsessive. but also hidiki from chobits. SO MANY CHII'S! then inu yasha. all the kagome's and every now and then kikyos. then all the little car captors love li's. Squalls, clouds, and everyones favorite huggable bear. A MOOGLE! moogle = fangirl magnet. i know from personal expiriance. for some reason we like to follow the bug soft moogle arround for hours at a time. hope ya have a good time with my fan girl sisters! -Aseret Yuna

NarutoNinjaGirl
09-11-2004, 07:13 PM
Gomen if this was already mentioned,demo,UCHIHA SASUKE!

ahh,yes,if you really want to get fangirls,he's a really good choice.
Demo,FF male chracters will always get girls,but some girls perfer geeks,too.

But hotness sells the costume,the key of getting girls is Confidence!

InuPhoenix
09-13-2004, 08:06 PM
id say tamahome from fushigi-yugi and miroku from inuYasha ^_^

Syrinx
09-14-2004, 02:20 PM
Hmmm... i would have to say either Sephiroth, Vincent (FF vii), or Ororon (from a manga). :love: The costumes would of course have to be done well!

Mr. Wolfwood
09-14-2004, 02:31 PM
I have a feeling that pretty much any costume you come up with that involves tall, dark and hansome mixed with a bit of cuteness and a heart of gold will get you GLOMPED... major.

I'll keep my eye out for costumes that fit your look though.

Supaidaa
09-20-2004, 08:48 AM
Well, from my limited knowledge, I would go with Strong bad or the Cheat. But I don't know much about these matters.

[harle]quin
09-20-2004, 10:29 PM
I won a cosplay award entitled "Screaming Fangirl Award" cosplaying as Illuminati Gackt. All I had to do was show up, look pretty, and seizure dance. XD

Seraphims
09-21-2004, 12:40 PM
Paine's WHM mage, or Paine anything. I went to ACEN dressed as the WHM and I got glomped... I got glomped more then most guys... I was fun though, Cause they at least liked the costume.

blueboy
12-10-2005, 12:59 AM
I am planning on cosplaying as domon from g gundam, his battle suit and it would very very tight fitting. I was wondering if this would be a good idea to attract the fan girls or would they be repelled away(I am in fair-good shape)

Chibi-kun
12-10-2005, 01:10 AM
Gomen if this was already mentioned,demo,UCHIHA SASUKE!

ahh,yes,if you really want to get fangirls,he's a really good choice.
Demo,FF male chracters will always get girls,but some girls perfer geeks,too.

But hotness sells the costume,the key of getting girls is Confidence!

i highly second the uchiha sasuke one.
i cosplayed as him in school and got atleast 90% of the female otaku population come at me screaming their lungs off and the next day shower me with candies from halloween night :confused:

cosplaying as an Uchiha, especially Uchiha Sasuke will get you fangirl action even if you ARE a girl :bigcry:

I would also say Sephiroth. No fangirl can resist the bad@ss character that he is.