PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Registration Information

Majin Buu
03-06-2006, 05:00 AM
Okay, I have not attended Comic-Con in the past, and this year COULD become my first time. I heard that in the past, Comic-Con mailed badges to all registrants. When I visited the official website, however, I read that it isn't happening. Did they used to mail the badges out? Would 2006 become the first year that they didn't do the mailing? I am curious.

KuramaChan
03-06-2006, 01:01 PM
No, they never mailed badges out, at least not since I've been going (which is like, since '98). The soonest you could get it is on preview night on Wednesday the week of con.
Order your badge ASAP, though. The prices go up the longer you wait.

Majin Buu
03-06-2006, 10:02 PM
How long do you usually wait in line for CC badges, compared to AX?

KuramaChan
03-07-2006, 01:13 AM
Usually not too long. If you pre-reg, you can prettymuch go on in and get it. There'll be a line, but it moves quickly. You shouldn't be there more than ten or fifteen minutes.
On the other hand, if you're getting your badge at the door you could be there upwards of three hours. The line circles the con center and stretches into Seaport Village. I still have the sunburn. o_O

ycysusan2001
03-07-2006, 03:52 PM
um.... actually depend when U go, if U try and get Ur badge on preview night. The line is SUPER LONG!! usually go to the back of the con center. But the line moves really fast, but more half hour is needed

Chibi Plush Toy
03-07-2006, 08:11 PM
From what I experienced it was REALLY QUICK on Preview night...there were lines open, and when my friends that I accompanied to get their oneday passes were there, also not a long wait, you're in, you're out like that!

Majin Buu
03-07-2006, 10:06 PM
Well, if it's quick than AX's lines of the past, then that's great. That's all I needed to know for now.

atomic99
03-14-2006, 06:20 AM
At last year's Comic-Con on Preview night, the badge pick-up for PreReg people went very quickly for me while the line for the Pros was extremely slow. It seems to change every year but for a badge for all days, picking it up on Preview Night is the way to go.