PDA

View Full Version : Gun Help? ^^;

Koshiba
02-19-2003, 03:55 PM
Ok... Does anyone know how I would go about making a fake gun..? Well.. One that doesn' t look too real I guess.. and also have it be the same size as a real gun. ^_^;; I'm crossplaying Mr. K and if I didn't have a gun prop I just wouldn't be him.

BitterBeing
02-20-2003, 11:26 PM
Err... if you're wanting the gun to at least look -somewhat- close to a real gun.. I mean, for it to be believable as a firearm prop even.. you're not going to be able to make it yourself. I mean, you can, it just might not go over well. The only guns that are made "well" are original guns or ones of a sci-fi nature (Boba Fett's rifle from Star Wars, etc...).. It's very difficult to make a fake one, in short. What are you looking for, a pistol, a rifle, what? If you gave me a picture of the character.. I could probably find something similar to what he uses and work from there... or if you want to purchase something I find, just paint the barrel orange and put some sort of cap on it... then, well, it's legal.

*runs before a reply comes his way*

marsie
02-22-2003, 10:00 AM
Yeah...I have been freaking about Yuna's "Tiny Bee's" I was thinkng about making over a toy gun...I know that there is paint out there that will make it look like metal but I am a little unsure about much else.

hikura
02-23-2003, 08:45 PM
Here is an idea to make a realistic gun without sacificing to much.If you can get someone to make it out of wood if you can not make yourself.Do not acutally bore a hole at the end of the gun first and foremost.Second paint is orange or something like that.Here is an idea go toa toy story and maybe you can find one there.They are cheap,lol.

Ginny
02-23-2003, 08:54 PM
The problem with gun props is that you probably won't be able to carry them around at a con. Depending on the con rules and which state you are in. But if anything you can use them for your own pictures and such. Some cons won't let you have anything that has a trigger, even if it's cardboard and ducktape.

If you know someone that knows anything about guns, you can find out what type of gun they are or if they are made up, what gun they are most like, and find an airsoft gun. Depending on the type of gun, you can find some fairly cheap on ebay. If anything it will have an orange tip on it and all, but they do look REAL. If you're taking it to a con, email security a head of time and ask what is and isn't allowed.