PDA

View Full Version : the casuality report

Yui
02-19-2003, 06:50 PM
Well, I guess I have secured infamy now as the first cosplayer to almost not survive a con...

But I didn't die. ^_^ I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who was supportive during the incident. It was amazing that so many people really cared about my well-being, and there's no way I can adequately express sufficient gratitude to everyone who helped me out. You all rock beyond measurement.

So despite that near-death experience, the later food poisoning, the assinine Katsu security, the injustice to Duel Jewel, and my appearant inability to actually show up for photo shoots (must procure a watch), I really did somehow have a worthwhile time. I have no idea how that could be possible, but the positives somehow did outweigh that ridiculous lump of negatives. But I never wanna see another freakin' snowflake the rest of my life...

sailor-moon
02-19-2003, 07:12 PM
lol^^ snow is evil..^_~. but it was fun^.^ :hugs::

Kellie
02-19-2003, 07:14 PM
@_@ Food poisoning! You poor thing!

Kenshin Ken
02-19-2003, 07:17 PM
*pat pat* ^^; glad you're up n about though. I've gotton a fill too much of mc'e'dees food... I missed rice ^^;

A J
02-19-2003, 07:19 PM
Awww Yui! *HUG*

I had a GREAT time rooming with you. :) Thanks for letting me stay with you and Lilli, especially with the crazy sleeping arrangements. :)

Yay for devil ducks! *quack*

ZiggyB
02-19-2003, 07:25 PM
Devil Ducks! Devil Ducks!

It was great meeting you Yui, glad you're feeling better. :)

Emeralda
02-19-2003, 07:55 PM
Yui: Hope that you're feeling better now, sorry to hear about the 'incident' And yeah, security were a bunch of wankers this year. They chashed me away from the ONE place I could make a phonecall, after standing there 30 seconds before talking to the Vice-Chair of the con. UUUGH! Morons.

Maryssa
02-19-2003, 08:46 PM
o_o oh my gosh. i dunno what happened, but i certainly hope you're okay...

Yui
02-19-2003, 08:59 PM
Well for those of you who were wise enough to not brave the Trail of (Frozen) Tears, I'm sure Al the White will have his documentary pics up at some time along with all his other, happier photos. (& Al, sorry about snapping at you at the time. It was just embarassing and as I was thawing out, I was getting dillusional. O_o It was like if I was suddenly giving birth and someone decided to whip out the camera, you know?)

MasterOfBarton
02-19-2003, 09:08 PM
Yeah, what was up with the security retards this year?! First they yelled at me cause I was "too naked" in my Siren costume (even though that didn't stop him from taking my picture before I had to change, ha to that one) and then they yelled at me cause I was too covered up in my cactuar suit...some crap about a mugging law?! First of all, like I'd really mug someone, especially in that costume! "Uh, yeah officier, a life size CACTUS attacked me..."
Yeah, whateva taht is.
Sorry, I HAD to rant about that. I'm glad you're feeling better Yui, and that you had a good time at Katsu despite all that craziness!
:)

Kenshin Ken
02-19-2003, 09:14 PM
another name for this con: Natzi con ^^.

anyone notice these odd little crosses in the hotel windows? Shannon spotted em during the con. ^^; how ironic.. nazi corsses on windows..and con security acting like natzi's ^^;

Mappy
02-19-2003, 09:31 PM
thats "Nazi"

and security wasnt horrible. AWA is much worse.
i mean, I made it past the dealers room creeps by saying im just here to staff the gameroom. least they didn't have bokkens. but they DID have those annoying shiny orange vests! >_<

Oshi
02-19-2003, 09:32 PM
<-- /me = d3d

Rosiel
02-19-2003, 09:37 PM
> how ironic.. nazi corsses on windows..and con security acting like natzi's ^^;

Those were not svastikas. Those were Maltese crosses and exist to make sure birds do not fly in the windows.

I mean, come on, Ken...

Shadra D
02-19-2003, 10:29 PM
Whee, Katsu!

Actually, I'm still stuck in the DC area (Takoma Park, to be more accurate) and won't be going home until Friday n.n;; longest.. con.. ever.

I hope everyone is alright, though, I was worried after we left, and then heard that there were people still there on -tuesday-!

Glad you're feeling better, Yui! My friends had trouble on the way back, too x.x Ice. Precisely why I didn't want to drive back on Sunday @@;

Well.. at least it'll be one hell of a story ^^;

Lilli
02-19-2003, 11:46 PM
Hehe, the staff, annoying as they were, pissed me off less this year than they did last year. Maybe because I've discovered an entirely new level of apathy? :3 I think my only REAL lasting annoyment with 'the staff' was the 15 year old they had doing 'bag checks' at the dealers room. I declined to enter, rather than leave my bag with someone who was going on about how she'd been 'yanked from the bar' while I watched several people come up and retrieve bags, unnoticed. Ridiculousness. She at least wasn't especially rude. Then again, I also got the feeling she wasn't originally staff anyway, but some poor bystander who had it thrust upon her because she didn't yell "NO!" and run away fast enough.

The Trail of (Frozen) Tears.
The White Death

^^; Poor Yui!! Gomen gomen, honestly at first I sort of felt bad, I thought I was the only one having a hard time on The March, but then we got there, and it was like, "Wow, what do you know, it was hell on earth for everyone else too, maybe I'm not so old and fat after all..." Hehe, and then they stuck us in the outside enclosement, with the Mystery of Dark Water dripping from the ceiling... Aaaahhhhh :3 Hehee, still... You know you had fun XD XD XD XD XD Mmmmmmm botulism souffle...