PDA

View Full Version : The Limbo Thread

Shadra D
02-19-2003, 10:38 PM
I'm sad nobody started this sooner! .. well.. actually, since this is the first chance I had to be back on cosplay.com, I'm glad everyone waited >P

I'd just like to get a roll call and see just who was at our little impromptu Limbo session (courtesy of Neitsche's Mad Prop >P) from Cosplay.com! I know that later, a lot of other people not affiliated with the site came and joined, but it was mostly use us crazy Cosplay.com people at first, and you know, I had a really good time! I hadn't done the limbo in a while, I was surprised I did so well (though I wasn't the best... I woulda been the best if I had been shorter *laughs*)

Anyway, but I want to say that I had a really great time hanging with all of you guys. I think it was more fun because it was so impromptu and we were all just sorta -there, hanging around Eurobeat's table of photos ^^ After Limbo it turned into an Origami party with Gundam posters >D >D Oh man..

Anyway, I had a lot of fun this year n.n Thanks, guys, for making it worth the drive and the adventure! (I'm still stuck here, actually ^o^;; )

Recca-kun
02-19-2003, 11:39 PM
All hail Shadra, Empress of Limbo!

Mad props, I was impressed. ^_^ I don't think I ever made it, but it was still great fun. Mad props to Eurobeat for providing the music too!

It was fun hanging around afterwards too of course - I'm actually glad I only got two hours of sleep that night. ^_^;

*Goes to find Dan and haul him to this thread*

A J
02-19-2003, 11:55 PM
Oh seriously, I've never seen someone so tall who could limbo that well and Dan is TALL. :)

Who were you Shadra D? *hunting for a pic of you but not finding one*

Sorry for the ghetto pole but we were worried that poor Neitsche's sword was gonna get destroyed. :)

-AJ

Shadra D
02-20-2003, 12:34 AM
That poor sword @@;;

And yeah, Dan (AKA Lilly.. AKA something else I'm not gonna say on the boards o.-) REALLY impressed me o_o Flexispine! :D :D :D

And I was the girl with the really short brown hair dressed in.. brown. .... It was the underpart of the costume, but it's SO tacky @@;; ah well.

Nietsche
02-20-2003, 06:37 AM
I am glad to have contributed to the fun- Limbo to the eurobeat!! And thanks AJ for the discrete limbo stick swap!

Rosiel
02-20-2003, 09:30 AM
> After Limbo it turned into an Origami party with Gundam posters

Well I had to show off and try to fold the huge poster into a dragon since, sadly, when it comes to limbo, I just don't bend that way. ;)

It was a lot of fun to watch, though...

> AKA Lilly.. AKA something else I'm not gonna say on the boards

*laughs* Well I can fill in the blanks...

Ranma Saotome
02-20-2003, 09:45 AM
I saw the limbo. ^^ I didn'tjoin cuz I could not get that low! XD

Sami
02-20-2003, 09:46 AM
Shadra!! It's the LIMBO STAR!!! *does the little McDohl twirl-guitar-playing thing when he recruits someone* ^___^;;

I would have limbo-ed had I not have been in a miniskirt, but I was the "stuff holder" for other people that were limbo-ing, so I did serve a purpose! Yaaaay!!

ZiggyB
02-20-2003, 10:07 AM
I think I have a photo of you Shadra!
http://www.divideby0.com/photos/2003/Katsucon/pics/DSCN2388.JPG

A tres cool hat btw. ;)

I did the limbo a couple of times, it was fun! Though I must say if you forget that you have bunny ears on, it really screws you up. : >

Kellie
02-20-2003, 10:20 AM
Shandra our limbo support star!

I have never had that much fun playing limbo before. The Gundam Wing poster hats were classic. :D

diqitaldreams
02-20-2003, 11:32 AM
Limbo!!!! :D whee! I was there.!

arcticayeka
02-20-2003, 11:37 AM
:crylaugh:

I'm home sick today. -.- Way to infect me, Sassy Sasy.

Nietsche rules! I miss him already. (How DO you man the telegramophone whilst wearing gentlemen's sporting gloves?)

But yeah, Limboing was spiffy! I didn't even know how low I was going. o.o Ziggy, I went through your photos, and it seems you had one of me. ^^

http://www.divideby0.com/photos/2003/Katsucon/pics/DSCN2387.JPG

Wait, why didn't Yuby Guby do it too? c.c

-Lord Hellsingtondingdingsworth III.

Lilly for short.

Rosiel
02-20-2003, 11:44 AM
> I'm home sick today. -.- Way to infect me, Sassy Sasy.

I think it was done on purpose in exchange for the creative nicknames you found for us. X__X And hence: Good work Sasa.

> Wait, why didn't Yuby Guby do it too? c.c

Because Seed wasn't there.
And where is King Crimson when I need it?

Luna Moon
02-20-2003, 11:46 AM
Meh....that was incredibly stupid.....-_-;

-Luna-

Shadra D
02-20-2003, 01:23 PM
>Shadra!! It's the LIMBO STAR!!! *does the little McDohl twirl-guitar-playing thing when he recruits someone* ^___^;;

Cuteness.. overwhelming... You were the CUTEST McDohl!

Now.. is the Limbo Star a star of the earth or of the sky? o.-

>I think I have a photo of you Shadra!

Ah! Yes, that's me, looking strange @@; Wait.. I always look like that ;P

And, Lilly, I'm always glad to share! ^o^ I'm a nice person, aren't I? Byuuuuu.

Sami
02-20-2003, 01:25 PM
> Now.. is the Limbo Star a star of the earth or of the sky? o.-

LOL, perhaps both.. because the limbo star would be in LIMBO of both! AAAHAHAHAHA!!

*rimshot; sound of canned audience laughter and boos at Sami's cheesy joke* ;_______________;

Shadra D
02-20-2003, 01:27 PM
>LOL, perhaps both.. because the limbo star would be in LIMBO of both! AAAHAHAHAHA!!

.... Owch. My braaaaaiiinnn ;;;;~;;;;

.. Nice icon, by the way n__n WHEEEEEEEEE MUSTARD! :D

pookie-kun
02-20-2003, 02:45 PM
wheee the limbo was fun :D

ZiggyB
02-20-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by arcticayeka

But yeah, Limboing was spiffy! I didn't even know how low I was going. o.o Ziggy, I went through your photos, and it seems you had one of me. ^^

Hey there! Nice meeting you. :)

Oh my god you were amazing. No offense or anything, but I would have never thought someone as tall as you could bend and move forward like that! You're my hero! :)

Kenshin Ken
02-20-2003, 08:35 PM
^^v ahoy! I was there! although I've made a few dumb attempts of bending backwards to do it..and failed ^^;;
I swear.. Neizchie's swornd does not like me..^^;; it kept bending when I got down there ^^;;

But aye it was fuunnn~! good strech workout for the back too ^_^.

Keurblitz
02-20-2003, 08:53 PM
Hey! Hey! I'm the one that did the lowest bar ^_^

(and stepping over it.... but that's besides the point)

Kellie
02-20-2003, 09:46 PM
...Kapo..that icon...just disturbs me. @_@;

T__T *will never eat tuna and mustard again*

Martini Gendo
02-20-2003, 10:50 PM
The limbo was wonderful...

then I was disqualified...

then fuyutsuki got his neck broken......

arcticayeka
02-20-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by ZiggyB
Hey there! Nice meeting you. :)

Oh my god you were amazing. No offense or anything, but I would have never thought someone as tall as you could bend and move forward like that! You're my hero! :)

Nice meeting you guys too! I can't believe you guys came all the way out from sunny California to snowy Virginia.

I'll have to find you guys at AX. ^^

... it's good that I'm someone's hero! *pose*

Recca-kun
02-20-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Martini Gendo
The limbo was wonderful...

then I was disqualified...

then fuyutsuki got his neck broken...... Hahaha, you guys were awesome (I was part of the crew sitting on the other side of the pillar that ordered pizza when you guys were rowing away). I don't have any limbo pictures, but I do have a few of you two in the lifeboat.

A J
02-20-2003, 11:30 PM
Dan!

*goes for shoe laces* hee...

-AJ

Martini Gendo
02-20-2003, 11:50 PM
Recca-kun:

Yeah I remember you and fellow crew members around at the time. I kept an eye on you guys in fear that you were going to hate us for acting like total idiots and tell us to get out of there. I'm glad to see that that wasn't the case! I've been looking for some pictures of us doing stupid things - Rowing (i've been successful with this one), Dancing to Mr. Roboto dressed as spacemen(found one of these on Eurobeat's gallery), Struting around to "I'm too sexy" and "Stayin' Alive"(unsuccessful as of yet), limboing (ditto), etc..

God, we're total idiots. I'm glad we could put a smile on your face though! hehe..

chibi-dj
02-21-2003, 01:06 AM
i was one of the "pole" holders..Oo;;;....I can't limbo to save my life ( I tried once though) hehehe....i had just as much fun watching all of you! ^_^

Shadra! *uber glomp* How are you?! how was ur trip home? *bows to the mighty limbo queen* U ROCK at limbo! and who knew that dollar store bubbels could be that entertaining! I'm loading up for next con! ^_~

3-D: u were there!! Oo!!! -_-* i hate my memory......><

Shadra D
02-21-2003, 03:41 AM
>Shadra! *uber glomp* How are you?! how was ur trip home? *bows to the mighty limbo queen* U ROCK at limbo! and who knew that dollar store bubbels could be that entertaining! I'm loading up for next con! ^_~

Are you kidding, I'm still here in DC ^^;;;; aagghh... I'm going home tomorrow, and I'll be back at school on Tuesday x_x;; so much for this quarter.

Anyway, yeah, thanks for the bubbles! >D >D They were so much fun!

Anyway... Hope to see you 'round ^o^

Ranma Saotome
02-21-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by chibi-dj
3-D: u were there!! Oo!!! -_-* i hate my memory......><

*blink blink* He was?!

Kamui Motoaki
02-21-2003, 10:26 AM
Limbo was kewl!
just. . my back hurt soo much after like the 4th run. . so i stopped. . lol ^_^

khamryn
02-21-2003, 10:33 AM
Limbo was fun. n.n I sucked though WAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

::runs around, pokes Luna::

Dumb, but fun. ::pokepoke:: that's the point ^_^ havin fun.

arcticayeka
02-21-2003, 11:54 AM
>>Dan!
>.*goes for shoe laces* hee...

We will have a rematch at AX, oohohoohho.

And hopefully by then, you will have been dragged into the Cosplayers of Destiny.

Also,

>God, we're total idiots. I'm glad we could put a smile on your face though! hehe..

You guys are my heroes.

-Doc

Ayaka
02-22-2003, 12:06 AM
I want to do more limbo at the next con we're all at. (Let's see how many strange costumes I can do it in, lol!) I was the one attempting to limbo in the dino costume . . . dang tail, heheh. A lot of you guys were good! (And Shadra, GAH, you're yet another person I met you and didn't know it! D'oh!)

And hey, I don't care if I'm easily entertained, so long as I entertained. ;P

neoangelwink
02-22-2003, 12:27 AM
that was fun doing that at katsu at the dance ^_^

Mappy
02-23-2003, 01:17 PM
i dont even remember taking this but heres a pic i got at limbo. look at Al's face! HAW

Neko Cathy
02-23-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Sami
I would have limbo-ed had I not have been in a miniskirt, but I was the "stuff holder" for other people that were limbo-ing, so I did serve a purpose! Yaaaay!!

Girl... I was wearing my Yuni costume who also had a miniskirt... and I didn't let that stop me from limboing. And of course I sucked and I just gave up on it and went to go play some late night DDR. ;)

Yay, Shandra you were awesome.

chibi-dj
02-23-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Mappy
i dont even remember taking this but heres a pic i got at limbo. look at Al's face! HAW

yup...that's me holding the "bar".......im so friggin talented, i amaze myself....><**

arcticayeka
02-25-2003, 10:02 AM
I am still awesome.

Seriously.

minako chan
02-25-2003, 11:42 AM
I wanted to play limbo sooo badly but my boyfriend wouldn't let me! (pouts at Jeff)

Ranma Saotome
02-25-2003, 11:50 AM
And why was that?

minako chan
02-25-2003, 12:10 PM
Cause I was a little O.o;;; drunk and he was afraid I would flash everyone in my latex kitty outfit...

chibi-dj
02-26-2003, 11:35 AM
i wasn't drunk and i still tried it.....and several things in my back popped that i don't think were sopposed too.....-_-;;;;

Kenshin Ken
02-26-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Ayaka
I want to do more limbo at the next con we're all at. (Let's see how many strange costumes I can do it in, lol!) I was the one attempting to limbo in the dino costume . . . dang tail, heheh. A lot of you guys were good! (And Shadra, GAH, you're yet another person I met you and didn't know it! D'oh!)

And hey, I don't care if I'm easily entertained, so long as I entertained. ;P

haha ^^ I heard form ya that it was rather odd to do it in that costume ya had at the time... the tail the tail!! ^^

chrisscrewball
02-28-2003, 09:16 PM
The Limbo was HOT.....I was sooo there......And my back hurt very badly the next day.....

Nietsche
02-28-2003, 09:44 PM
I am SO going to have to put up an injury disclaimer next time- I was getting so worried that people migh tbe injuring themselves that I almost didn't have fun....
I suppose spontenaity never takes disclaimers into account....

arcticayeka
02-28-2003, 11:55 PM
Oh, Dez, I was so enchanted when you ran to my side after I wenet under your sword and asked if I was ok!

<3

-Doc

Vialoi Ketsueke
03-01-2003, 12:02 PM
..x.x There was Limbo during the dance? Man, I would have loved to have done Limbo. I use to be really good at it. I wish I didn't fall asleep that night, but I couldn't help it.. I was so tired.

chibi-dj
03-01-2003, 12:41 PM
no, it wasn't during the dance, it was outside in the hall by artist's alley ummmmm.....Friday night.....i think? (anyone can correct me if im wrong) but there was no dance or any form of entertainment so that's how limbo started.

And the bubbel poping contest......that was my fault ^^;;;;

Neko Cathy
03-01-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Nietsche
I am SO going to have to put up an injury disclaimer next time- I was getting so worried that people migh tbe injuring themselves that I almost didn't have fun....
I suppose spontenaity never takes disclaimers into account....

That's when you come and get me if someone gets severaly hurt, including a spinal/head injury ;)

<-- is First aid, CPR certified

And besides... people who limbo should have the common sense to know how far they should push themselves or they shouldn't have participate. The limbo thing wasn't even offical (it just so happens that it started betwen the cosplay.com people who jumped in) so they can't really sue you or anything.

Vialoi Ketsueke
03-01-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by chibi-dj
no, it wasn't during the dance, it was outside in the hall by artist's alley ummmmm.....Friday night.....i think? (anyone can correct me if im wrong) but there was no dance or any form of entertainment so that's how limbo started.

And the bubbel poping contest......that was my fault ^^;;;; ..

..Okay. Anyway, I wasn't there for it.
..This must be the second time you commented on one of my posts.:(

Nietsche
03-01-2003, 10:08 PM
Saturday night! I had to be wearing my HUmar outfit for the sword to be present to limbo under!

chibi-dj
03-01-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Vialoi Ketsueke

..Okay. Anyway, I wasn't there for it.
..This must be the second time you commented on one of my posts.:(

that's cause u ask questions! ^_^ i also am a lurker at times >< it's a habit i guess......^^;;;;

BadtzGirl
03-02-2003, 05:42 PM
The limbo was great. But remember kiddies to stetch before you limbo. That makes for a happy next morning. I was feeling fine when it was all done :)
I had a lot of fun. Sometimes it's the impromptu events that are more fun than some planned events.
And Dan you are the limbo king for no reason other than you are way to tall to bend the way you do. Wowzerz!

arcticayeka
03-03-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by BadtzGirl
The limbo was great. But remember kiddies to stetch before you limbo. That makes for a happy next morning. I was feeling fine when it was all done :)
I had a lot of fun. Sometimes it's the impromptu events that are more fun than some planned events.
And Dan you are the limbo king for no reason other than you are way to tall to bend the way you do. Wowzerz!

Hoee? Who's this?

... Julie?
Uhm?

-Doc