PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have TimeJump Naruto..

Shelbbyy
03-13-2006, 12:32 PM
I may be planning for the future to do a TimeJump Naruto outfit, and if anyone has any pictures of the character/themselves cosplaying the character, because I.. haven't gotten that far in Naruto yet (hah.) but I know I will hopefully and I'd just like to see pictures beforehand.

Er..
yeah.. I don't think that made too much sense, but.. feh. Nothing I say makes sense. xD

Pazuzu
03-13-2006, 01:25 PM
Naruto himself, right? :D; I've got one from when he first appears.

Shelbbyy
03-13-2006, 04:11 PM
It doesn't matter who, just any character from the series.
But thanks, that helps.

Chibi-kun
03-13-2006, 05:44 PM
i have a progress photo of my TJ hinata

Pazuzu
03-13-2006, 06:25 PM
Ohhhh, anyone. Hokay, here's all my TJ character reference XD;

(Post one of two since there's that max five attachments thing)

Pazuzu
03-13-2006, 06:27 PM
And post two of two. I know I'm missing some characters but I haven't found a good quality reference of them yet >_>;

Shelbbyy
03-13-2006, 06:46 PM
Pazuzu, you rock!! Thanks majorly.
Now I know how to make my friend's Gaara outfit.
TJ Gaara is much more cooler.

Pazuzu
03-13-2006, 09:41 PM
Heee, you're very welcome~ ^^

TJ Gaara IS cool. People don't seem to like the colors though... (dark red coat/pants with a slate blue vest...thing)

Shelbbyy
03-13-2006, 09:45 PM
...Ickk..
I.. don't think I'll like the colours.
eek..

Sorra
03-13-2006, 10:36 PM
...Shino looks postively psychotic....

Shelbbyy
03-13-2006, 11:17 PM
Shino looks so cool, man. Kinda.. Gangster-tized, gotta say. xDD

Hikaruchan
03-14-2006, 09:46 AM
I've seen people do TJ Gaara in black and white motif, like it would be printed in manga. Looked pretty good that way and way better than his original outfit, was one of the few Naruto costumes I thought I might do.

dustbunny
03-14-2006, 10:34 AM
They all look so semxy when their older. I wish i could refind that sasuke pic. i did see it!

Shelbbyy
03-14-2006, 11:13 AM
Hikaruchan, that's smart. I think I'll do that for my friend's costume that I'm making. I can do that really easily!

Chibi-kun
03-14-2006, 04:59 PM
Hikaruchan, that's smart. I think I'll do that for my friend's costume that I'm making. I can do that really easily!

yeah, for my friends Kazekage costume, which we had to make in the span of the day before Anime Expo, we decided to go with the motif of black and white, and i believe that was way before the official colors were announced and there were atleast 3 other or more kazekage gaaras who all did the black and white motif XD

Shelbbyy
03-14-2006, 05:00 PM
xD Smart.

Escr1m3ur
03-14-2006, 09:30 PM
Agh, in regards to Gaara... I did not find out about the new colors until last week (and I'm over half way done with my brother's costume *sigh*). I still haven't been able to find an official colored photo, but it's a little too late for that now anyway. :/

Shelbbyy
03-14-2006, 09:32 PM
I would like to find one of the coloured pictures.
I have no luck searching google, so I avoid it. xD
That, and I'm totally lazy. xDDD
God my friend is gunna be so happy that she has like.. 3 out of the 5 things we need for Gaara. (-isn't doing a Gourd-) All I need is the front part, and the material around the front part.

Edit: What I had typed before the last part made no sense. xD

Escr1m3ur
03-15-2006, 12:01 AM
Yeah, google can be a little iffy sometimes O.o especially their image search... but I won't go into that. Heh.

You could do a sign instead of the gourd. Something like "Have you seen me?" with a drawn gourd, or "Lost: one sand gourd". I saw someone do something like it at a con last year and I thought it was cute.

Shelbbyy
03-15-2006, 11:29 AM
Ick. Yes. Bad image search.

xDD That's a good idea. if my friend agrees to it, I'll make her do it. And if she doesn't, I'll still make her do it.

dustbunny
03-15-2006, 11:43 AM
Looky what i found. Please tell me that it's not the real thing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/gundammrw/Sasuke.jpg

Chibi-kun
03-15-2006, 05:55 PM
Looky what i found. Please tell me that it's not the real thing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/gundammrw/Sasuke.jpg

I dont think so, Sasuke has yet to offically appear in the timejump manga arc, and if he did, i'm sure everyone would be going on a crazy rave right now. So its more or less a fanart or something from a doujin. He doesnt look much older than when he left anyway.
(or it could just be me)

Pazuzu
03-15-2006, 06:46 PM
Definitely a really good imitation of Kishi's style, but 100% fake ;p

Also, wanted a color pic of Time Jump Gaara, right? *points to attachment* Got it from leafninja.com, they've got other volume covers (and thus TJ colors), too.

Valgaav_Xellos
03-19-2006, 03:29 PM
Question: Have they released the colors of Kiba's outfit yet? I just assumed it'd be solid black anyway because even when younger, he went with bland colors for his clothing anyhow.

But yeah, I'm planning to do the costume as one of my first crossplays, so if any of you guys could help, that'd be great. <3

Shelbbyy
03-19-2006, 03:50 PM
Ewewewewew! I DON'T like the Gaara colours.
-cringe-

I hope the Kiba outfit is pure black. if it's not.. ick.

Pazuzu
03-19-2006, 05:28 PM
Kiba's colors have not been released yet ^^;

Glay
03-19-2006, 05:58 PM
I did my TJ Gaara costume in black too, I think it was easier to find all that fabric in black too, instead of the dark rust one in the Manga cover. @_@;;; here's a pic of how mine turned out! ^^

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=630607

StarDustShadow
03-19-2006, 07:47 PM
Yeah, Gaara's official Time Jump colours are pretty skeezy gross D: I don't think i've seen ONE Time Jump Gaara cosplayer do it in the actual proper colours (at least half though that exist were created before the official image was released anyways though X3)

People generally do the black coat, the vest in white (though i have seen a few with brown vests), and the belting in either brown, white, or dark red =D

I'm a full supporter of black/white/brown myself (though the people who have thrown red in there look quite awesome =D), it's much more the style of Gaara from his first outfit of the series (someone should really tell him that redheads should not fully garb themselves in red >__>)

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=544013

This one is mine in case you wanted to see more pics of the colour schemes in action ^.^ I miss the days when the Time Jump had just started in the manga and there WERE no official colours T.T Much more freedom of artistic expression (un XD)

Good luck with it, can't wait to see when it's done (because the cosplay community TOTALLY needs more Time Jump Naruto cosplayers d^__^b)

Jiah
03-19-2006, 08:22 PM
Yeah, there was a big hubub of the colours when they came out, though I'm pretty sure what you call "slate blue" as actually white, Pazuzu. If you notice on the cover, there's alot of shadows going around, and I'm of the opinion that's a shadow on white :3

Pazuzu
03-19-2006, 09:05 PM
Really, Jiah? To me it looks like the blue part is right up there in the light. All the shadows on Gaara are on the left, so the light is coming from the right of him, right where it's a blatant grey-blue... (The bandages on the gourd are entirely in shadow, so that's why they look to be the same shade as the vest)

Jiah
03-19-2006, 10:29 PM
No no, See that sliver of light colour on the right of Gaara's face? THAT is the light, and the rest of him is in shadow. You've got shadows in shadows, and I think that's what's throwin' you off. Kishimoto needs to give us a colour page of Gaara in plain light to avoid confusion like this XP

Pazuzu
03-19-2006, 10:36 PM
Haha, he really does.

And as ugly as it might be I still stand by it being gray-blue :D; Because his face is obviously more pointed forwards than his chest is, the light on that side gets cut off by his nose/forehead/lips/etc, while on his chest it's able to just keep going, almost unobstructed. That's why there's no sliver of light on the right side of the red, or right on the edge of the blue. But that's probably just my art logic talking *shrug* ^^;

EDIT: *facepalm* Totally forgot I had this *points to attachment*

Jiah
03-20-2006, 08:02 PM
I totally forgot about that picture XD;;
Kay, I give in and proclaim Pazuzu the winnar of colours. *applause applause yey*

... damn them colours are fugly.

Pazuzu
03-20-2006, 09:47 PM
Ahaha, woot XD; *bow* It's a sad victory though, because indeed they are very, very ugly ): But I guess it could be worse.

Terensu
03-21-2006, 02:27 PM
Shikamaru's wearing black... YAY, I hated the dark blue suits they usually wear.