PDA

View Full Version : A first time cosplayer looking for help?

Kazzy the Odd
07-31-2002, 06:36 PM
As the title says, I am trying to make a costume for the first time to wear at AX 2003. Does anyone know a good costume idea for me?

Thank you,

Kazzy the Odd

Medellia
07-31-2002, 06:52 PM
Post some pics of yourself so we can better recomend things. It's much easier to make costumes when you actually look like the character ^_~

Kazzy the Odd
07-31-2002, 07:01 PM
I can't post pictures at the moment because we are in the middle of moving and our digital camera/scanner is packed away. Actually, pretty much everything is except for the actual computer.

I can give you a description of myself, however.

Hair: Blond
Hair Length: almost an inch past my shoulders
Eye Color: Bluish Grey
Height: 5'5
Weight: :rolleyes: I guess I am on the skinny side....I have no muscle though....

Um.... anything else you need to know?

Hikaruchan
07-31-2002, 07:45 PM
One of Aya's outfits from Ayashi no Ceres might suit you. Possibly Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne or Filia from Slayers.

Cynthia
07-31-2002, 08:14 PM
Go with something simple for your first con, unless you're an accomplished at sewing, then GO NUTS!! I suggest you watch some old anime and some new ones too and make your decision from there. I think people do the best cosplay when they decide who they want to be because then you'll love the chara your doing.

Himemiya
08-01-2002, 05:34 PM
Relena from Gundam Wing would be easy
You could do a random outfit for sailor Moon/Venus, Those are pretty easy, and always cute ^.^
UmmmMmmM... you could be the chick from angelic layer *_* they have such pretty school uniforms!

NeoDrifter
08-01-2002, 05:37 PM
Excel from Excel Saga would be cool, or you can try that person I think her name was Ritsuko from Evangelion (sorry if I got the name wrong but my memory's been hectic for a while)

NeoDrifter
08-01-2002, 05:38 PM
or try Belldandy from Ah my Goddess

ling_xiaoyu2002
08-01-2002, 06:33 PM
Hi,
Ummm...okay let's see now....here's what I think

If you are a guy....you should be Dr. Kyoji from Amazing Nurse Nanako...or Zidane from Final Fantasy IX.

If you are a girl you should be young kotori from X/1999(in the flash back kotori only has hair past her shoulder and no further)
Ummm...who else *sratches head*hmmm...you could curl your hair and be Fuu from Magic Rayearth Knights....

sorry that's all that I can think of at the moment...if I think of anything I'll tell you okay?Bye!

NeoDrifter
08-01-2002, 06:50 PM
you know after reading this forum I'm thinking about being more then just military guys like Jin-Roh or Resident Evil. Who do you think I would fit? I have short black hair that naturally sticks out in the front, I have average height which is like 5'5" I think. I'm told to go as Isamu, or Van or maybe even Tamahome. still I'd like to know what others would think

Kazzy the Odd
08-01-2002, 07:14 PM
^_^ Thanks for the help, everyone! I am still not positive on who I will go as.....i'll probably decide and then change it 5 time before I start working on the costume ^_^;;

Nietsche
08-01-2002, 07:42 PM
To Neodrifter- Short Black hair..5'5''...you could be many many anime or game male characters- You could try Tenkawa Akito from Nadesico (his Aestavalis pilot outfit..maybe), Orson or Parn from Record of Lodoss War...ahm...just a few pulled straight off my head...

NeoDrifter
08-01-2002, 07:49 PM
ok I'll add it to my mental list and then do a random drawing at my anime club at school