PDA

View Full Version : Ling Xiaoyu [Tekken] tips needed!!

MitochondriaEve
02-20-2003, 10:24 AM
I'm working on Xiaoyu's blue outfit from Tekken 3.
The one with yellow lines.
I was wondering that :

a) what kind of material should I use ?[for that blue-one]
b) Tips about her shoes
c) what material should I use making her bracelets?

And also, does anyone got any clear picture to show me of Xiaoyu's blue outfit 'cause everyone I've seen 'til now have been too small...

Thaaaanx agaain.

kelldar
02-20-2003, 05:28 PM
this one?
http://kellilla.com/me/cosplay/xiaoyu.html

I had problems finding pics too, so I just kinda guessed at everything.
if that is the one you're talking about I'll be glad to tell you what I can o_o

MitochondriaEve
02-21-2003, 03:28 AM
Yeah, yeeaah, that's exactly what I meant.

Ryukku
02-21-2003, 02:43 PM
Um.. the fabric/material to the blue outfit is silk (i think X_x) because I would have used that ^^ I am going to make Ling Xiaoyus School Uniform ^^ YAY!! Alot of peole says that I looks alot like Ling Xiaoyu, do you guys think so ??? ^^

Ryukku
02-21-2003, 02:47 PM
Almost forgot, you can find some more information about Ling Xiaoyu here: http://yunalesca.nu/ling/
<br> I think that theres ALOT of information about her, and her costume ^^

kelldar
02-21-2003, 04:59 PM
I agree satiny sort of material would be most accurate. I used a stretch knit, cause I wanted a cartoony feel to it. It was a lot more comfortable and easier to work with.
Her shoes looked very big to me, larger than tennis shoes, so I used an old pair of hiking boots and covered them in fabric.

soshi
02-21-2003, 06:16 PM
wow, there's suddenly an explosion of Ling cosplayers. O_O;

erm.. in Tekken Tag, if you beat the game enough times, there's a "screencap" function you can unlock. it allows you to pause the game and take a picture, and then look at it later. ^^ it's nice for getting details. I was irritated as hell - I had just got Tag the game when I started my Anna costume (I've loved her throughout the entire series), and spent like two hours with my friends trying to figure out the design on the side of her dress... and then the next day, after we're done, I accidentally unlock the screencap thing. X_X; d'oh.