PDA

View Full Version : Otakon! Wheeeee!!

bag0k
03-16-2006, 09:09 PM
Yeah, it's in August, I know. But there was gonna be an Otakon thread eventually so whatever.

So... who's going? :D I'm going with my older brother and his friend, my little bro and my mom. (My mom's not going to the con but she wanted to chaperone... ^_^;;) We're stayin' in a hotel this year which is FANTASTIC 'cuz having to drive up each morning was no fun at all... :/

I'll be cosplaying the characters in my signature. Yes, I'm once again cosplaying Katamari Damacy. Whatever. :P And Temperance (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/SuperMo0/Photos/Of%20Rachel/29b036d0.jpg)is reallyreallyreally cute and I can't wait to get started on it! ^_^ :O is it possible to spirit gum velcro to yourself? I'm trying to make up a method of attatching wings made of paper.

This year's gonna be great! XD There's the seprate hotel for masquerade and all the goodies that makes Otakon freakin' awesome. I'm so giddy! ^_^

...oh geez, I gotta pre-register first!

makotohanabi
03-16-2006, 10:09 PM
First time I've been excited about Otakon in a long time. Already pre registered and have crash space. Will be cosplaying Schuldig from Weiss Kreuz Kapitel. Might go as Manga Schu if I can figure out the whole wearing an open vest without getting arrested thing. Will have a Farferello and possibly Youji with me. Deicde on other costumes closer to August.

Thought they were holding the Masquerade at 1st Marnier arena. Hopefully that will take care of some of the crowding.

Lycoris
03-17-2006, 06:57 AM
I'll be cosplaying the characters in my signature. Yes, I'm once again cosplaying Katamari Damacy.
I want to see Miso! Never thought someone would try Miso, but he's one of my favorates. I'm planning on bringing my Peso costume and I definitely want to get a picture with you!

Yeah, I haven't pre-regged yet, but I'm definitely planning to bring Tails (Sonic Riders) and Peso and probably a couple others which I haven't started on yet...

bag0k
03-19-2006, 04:43 PM
I want to see Miso! Never thought someone would try Miso, but he's one of my favorates. I'm planning on bringing my Peso costume and I definitely want to get a picture with you!

Yeah, I haven't pre-regged yet, but I'm definitely planning to bring Tails (Sonic Riders) and Peso and probably a couple others which I haven't started on yet...
:O I saw a picture of your Peso costume in the galleries a while ago! It's fantastic! How did you make your katamari?

dustbunny
03-19-2006, 09:04 PM
just got my room. i was so lucky to get it to.

Plan on doing kid sasuke and kitty sasuke, maybe even the normal one lol.

Yea i can't wait for it this year. last year my cosplay spirit was gone plus my ex bf ans i were have a spat.not fun.

THis year is going to be so much better!!

Gogglegirl
03-20-2006, 02:50 PM
First time I've been excited about Otakon in a long time. Already pre registered and have crash space. Will be cosplaying Schuldig from Weiss Kreuz Kapitel. Might go as Manga Schu if I can figure out the whole wearing an open vest without getting arrested thing. Will have a Farferello and possibly Youji with me. Deicde on other costumes closer to August.

YAY! Weiss Cosplay~!!

I'm going. I'm gonna be doing Jirou from Prince of tennis and PJ!Sakura from Naurto. I don't know what other costuems yet. If I get my CardCaptor sakura costume done then I'll wear that. But That costume is going to be perfect before i wear it to a con.

Masqurade in a different place? I'm gonna be in the Masqurade...and even though I've been to Otakon for the past 2 years I haven't even been the the masqurade!

Bagu
04-09-2006, 09:44 PM
Getting a little bit of a heads start from last year. Going to try to attend all 3 days this time.
Scanning the Con board from places to stay.
(why is it the girls have the rooms all lined up and the guys wait til the last minute?)

bag0k
04-09-2006, 09:46 PM
Getting a little bit of a heads start from last year. Going to try to attend all 3 days this time.
Scanning the Con board from places to stay.
(why is it the girls have the rooms all lined up and the guys wait til the last minute?)
'cuz boys are stupid. :D

Bagu
04-10-2006, 11:27 AM
'cuz boys are stupid. :D

Hey! I resemble the remark! (or at least part of it) :toothy:

Valgaav_Xellos
04-11-2006, 10:00 PM
I'll be going :D

Cosplays include:
SnJ Kakashi (of course, duh lol)
Time Jump Naruto Manga: Kiba (with my 3 foot Akamaru omgwhee!)
Gan Ning (Dynasty Warriors 4 ohnoes! xD)

VegitaTheSaiyan
04-12-2006, 02:19 AM
I'm going to Otakon, most definately.

Planned Cosplays:
Majin Vegeta (Majin Buu Saga)
Hoshigaki Kisame (Naruto)
Greed (Full Metal Alchemist)
Billy Kane (King of FIghters Maximum Impact 2)

myaku_
04-12-2006, 10:45 AM
I hope I'm going, but my Otakon track record is 0-4 so far. Haha. So. No further comment XDDD

Bagu
04-19-2006, 08:21 PM
Bagu is solid for Otakon, with a first by staying at a hotel a couple of blocks from the con rather than commuting each day from DC

bag0k
04-19-2006, 09:08 PM
Yus, I just registered and I'll be there on thursday. I'm already planning my costumes >_>

makotohanabi
04-20-2006, 06:37 PM
woohoo Otakon! Got time off on Friday and will probably leave work early on Thursday. Just have to double check about parking in my friend's neighborhood. everything's all set.

Bag0k, are you going to bring your Temperance costume?

bag0k
04-21-2006, 11:05 PM
woohoo Otakon! Got time off on Friday and will probably leave work early on Thursday. Just have to double check about parking in my friend's neighborhood. everything's all set.

Bag0k, are you going to bring your Temperance costume?
Yup yup! I'm gonna fix it up before then, of course. I got some pitchers real cheap at Target. Gotta spray paint 'em! Plus I gotta do the wig. But right now I'm Temperance'd out and I want to think about another costume >_>

stafffighter
04-30-2006, 03:25 PM
I'm heading to Otakon this year and I am tre' excited to cosplay this year. I got my room last year and still haven't registered. Going to try to leave early on Thursday.

Gogglegirl
04-30-2006, 04:03 PM
//off topic---stafffighter: I like your icon a lot~! YAY! xxHolic~!//end off topic

I have 6 costumes for this con....that's the most i've ever done for a single con...the most before this wa 2 at katsu....and I'm doing 3 at AMA...

stafffighter
04-30-2006, 09:31 PM
off topic//--Thanks! Sadly, I cannot take credit for making it--/off topic

I'm planning on 2 or 3 cosplays. Most likely only 2 since I haven't found a wig I want for the third.

dollssoulkirie
05-02-2006, 01:29 AM
I already have the Otakon days off from work~ And I have my room and ride to Baltimore, since road trips are fun. ^.^ I just have my pre-reg to take care of this week and have to start saving money for the convention and start working on my costumes. I'm not entirely sure what I'll be doing, since my list has been changing for Gackt knows how long. I'd get into a series, then change my list. My friend will get into a series, then I have to change my list again. lol, I wish we could make up our minds already.

makotohanabi
05-02-2006, 07:08 PM
Bringing 3 versions of Schuldig the Kapitel Green jacket, all white from the artbook, and manga version. Friend also made a version of Farferllo from a fan fic, and I'll flip through my dojins and find a costume idea there.

I'm bringing 6 (probably more) costumes, and the others will be more suited for a summer con. It all depends on having the room and lugging everything from work to Baltimore. I'll be leaving work at 3:30 and arriving in Baltimore who knows when.

Found an old Mastermind pin [British quiz show] and am trying to use it with my cosplay(s)

My head is just spinning with ideas for Otakon, and last year I was thinking that Ota 05 would be my last.

Gogglegirl
05-02-2006, 07:11 PM
Schuldig~! YAY! I'm gonna find you and talk to you at this con...cause I failed at Katsu (I was prbably standing right next to you and didnt' even know it...)

makotohanabi
05-02-2006, 08:31 PM
You still have my number? Just give me a call, sorry I didn't call you during Katsu again.

Have old pics of Schu, I'll post them before Otakon. Need to find the usb cord for my camera.

Gogglegirl
05-03-2006, 02:19 PM
I think i might have deleted it off of my phone....*sweatdrops*

I can't wait for Otakon...its going to be a lot of running around for me (esp. friday....3 costumes...) but its going to be so much fun~!!!

ArgentD
05-31-2006, 10:47 AM
This is going to be my first Otakon. I think I'm bringing at least 4 costumes, possibly more. Which is actually my personal record for costumes.

Saxinthehall
05-31-2006, 11:56 PM
Gah! I still need to pre-reg for Otakon. I'll be doing that soon, and by soon I mean in two or more weeks. Days before the deadline perhaps.

You would think that I would have done that sooner since this is my first time going.

makotohanabi
06-04-2006, 10:12 PM
Procrastination is a time honored tradition among cospalyers, embrace it. You have a month or so until rate goes up (think it goes up on 7/4), no rush.

At katsucon 05 I did 4 changes in a day Kikyou, Schuldig, Aya chan, and Schuldig. Never again.

Found the last pieces of ova Schuldig, debating whether or not to bring it to Ota or save it for AUSA.

How many people will be there Thursday? Depending on when I get to Baltimore I'll probably be around as casual Schu (think Kapitel sans jacket) or something that doesn't require a wig.

Saxinthehall
06-04-2006, 11:48 PM
Procrastination is a time honored tradition among cospalyers, embrace it.

Then I guess I'm going to fit in just fine being a cosplayer as I procrastinate a lot.

Tikki
06-08-2006, 09:00 AM
I'll be at Otakon with probably just one costume and responsible for 3 others... Got a group of friends with me and we'll be wandering around all Saturday as Street Fighter characters. I'd hang with them Friday but my birthday's the following week and my boyfriend is taking me somewhere Friday night. And I live 2 hours from Baltimore so it'll be a lot of driving that day...
Tikki

Trage
06-08-2006, 07:23 PM
While I'd love to go to Otakon, I've been trying to set up with a few friends of mine, it looks like I'm once again going ot have no ride to Otakon, in effect making it no Otakon at all :(. And I dont think my mom would be comfortable with just letting some random stranger drive me, I wonder why, heh. Question, does anyone live in the Stafford Virginia area?

Gogglegirl
06-08-2006, 07:42 PM
I live there

Tikki
06-08-2006, 09:49 PM
Same here. In the suburbs in the Falmouth area before you cross over the Rappahannock.
Tikki

Solairis
06-14-2006, 10:06 AM
I'm trying to go to Otakon, but being a broke college type person I can't justify it. I've applied to do a panel actually, so hopefully that will give me a good excuse to go, if they want me! >.>

Nekko
07-05-2006, 03:52 PM
I am going. Heya Bagu can't wait to meet people. Do people sell old costumes and assesories at Otakon?

Bagu
07-06-2006, 11:32 AM
Not that I've seen, though you can probably pick up some tips at one of the panels, or maybe chat with a random cosplayer you see.

makotohanabi
07-13-2006, 07:26 PM
3 weeks to go!!!!! Everyone ready?

(probable) final line up. Manga Schuldig (Friday), Kapitel Schuldig(Saturday), and white artbook Schuldig (Sunday).

Thinking about bringing ova Schuldig, and if I can finish it on time (love/hate relationship with overtime) panda Schuldig. Thusday leaning toward casual Schuldig (sans jacket) or pink kimono Haku, depends on if I want to deal with a wig. Probably arrive in Baltimore sometime after 7pm.

Nekko
07-13-2006, 09:14 PM
I can't wait!

bigwil
07-15-2006, 02:32 AM
I didn't reply on this thread...hmm..well my presence shall be known...darn u weeks move faster!!!! XD

Gogglegirl
07-15-2006, 08:40 PM
I'm so excited for Otakon...except it brings sooo much stress. Its the most stressful con ever. I have a bunch of stuff to finish. I only have half of my costumes done. I've got one that all i need to do is find a shirt for...but unfotunately i can't find the right kind. And For my TJ Sakura....cutting the toes off of leather boots is not fun....

but YAY~! otakon~!!

Star_Angel
07-19-2006, 10:20 AM
Only 16 days until madness hits the inner harbour for another year!

Gogglegirl
07-19-2006, 10:52 PM
omg...only 16 days....*dies*

makotohanabi
07-20-2006, 08:08 PM
2 weeks to linecon. Finished sewing last night just have to try everything on and do some final tweaking. Hope it's not blazing hot this year, at least hope the weather gods are merciful and it's only in the low 90s >_<

Star_Angel
07-21-2006, 12:58 PM
at least hope the weather gods are merciful and it's only in the low 90s >_<

*Crosses fingers* because Seth is already gonna be uber hot to wear without it being super hot, lol.

Gogglegirl
07-26-2006, 10:50 PM
Nine days.....that's slightly over a week. I'm so excited its not even funny...I want it to be like this weekend....YAY~!

bigwil
07-27-2006, 02:56 AM
I hears ya goggle....8 dayz to go!!!Yayz!

Valgaav_Xellos
07-28-2006, 01:53 AM
Otakooon is allmmmoooost here!!!! ^_^ And my cosplays kinda changed from my first post in this thread, so check out my signature :D

Yep. I'll have more cosplays for AnimeUSA though since these 2 took up so much time and money @_@;

Gogglegirl
07-28-2006, 09:02 PM
In exactly one week we'll be at Otakon...how exciting~!!

Valgaav_Xellos- somg...Nekozawa....how awesome.

makotohanabi
07-28-2006, 09:11 PM
Wow, Ota is a week away.

So need the break, Otakon hurry up and get here. Next week can't get here soon enough.

Saxinthehall
07-30-2006, 02:36 AM
NOOOO! Otakon can wait a few more days. I'm not ready! I'm sure most of what I need to do can be done this week but I feel like I'm gonna be rushing around until the last minute getting things done.

ArgentD
07-30-2006, 08:55 AM
NOOOO! Otakon can wait a few more days. I'm not ready! I'm sure most of what I need to do can be done this week but I feel like I'm gonna be rushing around until the last minute getting things done.

Given I'm still sewing on some of my costumes, I can agree with that.

Nekko
07-30-2006, 09:35 PM
Look for a ninja still working on a lolita dress in her car... That will be me...

bigwil
07-31-2006, 01:09 PM
2/3 dayz to go go go!*squee*

makotohanabi
07-31-2006, 08:26 PM
3 days. *bounces*

What am I forgetting to pack? Bleh, hate being old.

Star_Angel
07-31-2006, 11:19 PM
2 days....... then all chaos breaks loose in the inner harbour!

Saxinthehall
07-31-2006, 11:21 PM
Given I'm still sewing on some of my costumes, I can agree with that.
It's even worse when you are trapped at home waiting for people to repair an AC and you can't go out to buy a few more little things for your costumes.
O-O;;

ArgentD
08-01-2006, 12:10 AM
It's even worse when you are trapped at home waiting for people to repair an AC and you can't go out to buy a few more little things for your costumes.
O-O;;

Man, that does suck. Luckily, I haven't run into that problem, which means I've only got one last thing to fix before I'm done. Last week, though, I was totally in not-done-yet!panic.

Bagu
08-01-2006, 11:27 AM
2 days....... then all chaos breaks loose in the inner harbour!

Man its gonna be a hot one this year... I need to make summer versions of my costumes :P

Saxinthehall
08-01-2006, 01:53 PM
Man, that does suck. Luckily, I haven't run into that problem, which means I've only got one last thing to fix before I'm done. Last week, though, I was totally in not-done-yet!panic.

On the plus side I'm getting used to being in the heat so hopefully I'm not going to die. I don't have too much to do, make an Ouran tie, make a see though heart eyepatch, and bake heart shaped cookies and bread (or buy some before the con)

Gogglegirl
08-01-2006, 04:35 PM
two days and I don't have my contacts yet.....my mom forgot to pick them up for me today. I hate cosplaying with glasses...i hope she doesn't forget tomorrow~!!!

All of my costumes are done. I think this is the first time I havne't had to rush to finish anything at the last minute. YAY~!

Nekko
08-01-2006, 07:34 PM
aieeee i finished my Nami shirt! AND my Dress!v http://static.flickr.com/57/204436516_5c559a2428_m.jpg

makotohanabi
08-01-2006, 09:55 PM
Excessive heat warning for the Baltimore Washington DC area until Thursday. Don't forget the sunblock and water for Thursday glad I'm picking up my badge Friday morning. Not liking this heat it was 86F when I went to work this morning @_@

Gogglegirl: sent you a pm, hope you can get your contacts in time. Glasses can be a pain sometimes.

Just have to buy batteries after work tomorrow and I'm all set. ^_^

bigwil
08-02-2006, 12:18 AM
:chatah: ...so who's up 4 a group shoot at 1pm sunday maybe...just tossin' it out there...muhah..last day to get thru..woohoo!:rockon:

Nekko
08-02-2006, 06:29 AM
im up for it

bag0k
08-02-2006, 02:49 PM
I'll do a meetup group shot thing! I'm not cosplaying on Sunday, though... :/

makotohanabi
08-02-2006, 07:25 PM
meet up sunday at 1pm, i'm there. where should we meet?

ArgentD
08-02-2006, 08:51 PM
A group shoot definitely sounds cool. I'll definitely try to make it if there is one.

bigwil
08-02-2006, 10:42 PM
hmmm..behind the fountain...