PDA

View Full Version : Kitchener Cosplayers?

Shelbbyy
03-19-2006, 03:47 PM
Any cosplayers who're like.. not.. old? xDD That sounds really funny, I think, but anyone who's like.. around the age of 13 or so? I need friends and I don't have any because I live under a rock and none of my friends like cosplaying except my one friend who I'm not exactly happy with.
So.. Any Kitchener cosplayers around 13 years old? -needs friends-
Yeah..

Just realized that this probably doesn't follow rules, but if possible, there's also the chance of if I can, a photoshoot-type thing.. yeah.. in the future. (:

Michi
03-19-2006, 04:03 PM
Your profile says that you're 20, unless you were lying about your birthdate in it... Why are you looking for 13 year olds? o_o;

Kaijugal
03-20-2006, 09:28 AM
Your profile says that you're 20, unless you were lying about your birthdate in it... Why are you looking for 13 year olds? o_o;

XD

Any cosplayers who're like.. not.. old? xDD That sounds really funny...

Twenty years from now, remind me how funny that is. ^_~

Good luck on finding people to hang with. Unfortunately all my cosplay friends in kitchener are "old" so I can't point you in the right direction. Maybe if you start attending an anime club out there you might meet some new friends?

Not offended, just amused.
Cheers!
~Kai

Wing_Goddess
03-20-2006, 03:24 PM
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

I'm a Kitchener cosplayer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But i'm 17 ^___^ I guess i'm an old fart. Hehehe, i guess me and a lot of other old cosplayers need to be put in some... cosplaying old folks home XP

Haha, and yea. Maybe fix that age thing. 20 year-old, looking for some children in town. Uhh... creeeeeepy ~____~

I also know a lot of other cosplayers in Kitchener... but none who are... still young like the age of 13 ^^;;

You're in like... in gr. 7?? 8 maybe? Uhh... i suggest maybe starting an anime club at your school then and make an announcement about it. There are bound to be at least a couple of anime fans you don't know yet, and go to your school ^^;; When you go to high school though, you'll find a lot more fans ^__^ and depending on the school, you might even have an anime club there. ORRRRRRRRR just go to CTRL-A in Waterloo!!! i haven't been, but i'm sure it's great ^___^;;; done my old man blabbing now.

This topic amuses me too XD

kaatsumi
03-20-2006, 11:34 PM
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

I'm a Kitchener cosplayer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't say?

I'm a Waterloo cosplayer.... And Kitchener-Waterloo is one region... So we're almost from the same town ^_~

Anyways knowing of more -local- people is awesome. I was afraid Little Fan and I were the only ones stemming from the looks we got from our own anime club when we dressed up for the exec. elections this evening at WLU. (Being in university makes me old too~).

Glay
03-21-2006, 01:03 AM
I am also guilty of living in Kitchener-Waterloo, but I'm 20 xD;; My sister and house mate (Quantum Destiny, Diagnosed) are the same age too. Sorry!

Shelbbyy
03-21-2006, 08:56 PM
Ah..hah..hah.
I messed up a little bit when I was putting the birthdate..
then I was too lazy to fix it because I get lazy. -islame-
And.
Uh.
Thanks y'all for posting.
-isnotold!-

Phae
03-24-2006, 11:57 AM
I'm in Waterloo (at WLU), but I'm 20. Sorry! Hope you find some people to hang with!

Little Fan
03-25-2006, 06:51 PM
Also 20. ^_^;;;

Wing_Goddess
03-25-2006, 07:58 PM
wow, i didn't think too many ppl were going to reply in this thread ^^ glad to know there are still so many YOUNG cosplayers! XP Being 17 , or in your twenties is not old v.v;; we're young and more matuuuure. Even though it doesn't show most of the times XD

Oselle
03-25-2006, 08:51 PM
Whoa...since when was 20+ "old"?! ;)

Guess I'll just break out the walker, at 25 I must be considered ancient.

Just teasing! But you'll find that there are cosplayers of all ages and backgrounds and levels of experience.

Michi
03-25-2006, 10:24 PM
I'm sad to learn about all these people now, 'cause I lived in Waterloo for 6 months and didn't really know anyone. T_T (But I'm 20, so I'm old too :P) I hope you guys can figure something out, like maybe a get-together. ^^

Little Fan
03-26-2006, 12:30 AM
I feel sort of bad...

More of us old people are meeting in this thread than the young 'uns Shelbbyy was looking for. ^_^;

Wing_Goddess
03-26-2006, 12:42 AM
LOL, Oselle. Don't overstrain yourself. You might have a heart attack.

I like Michi's idea! ^__^ we should all go out for a VERY mini outing sometime! We can maybe even cosplay too >__> and like... go hang out at one of our great sites in our region liiiiiiiiike... the sidewalk. =\ .. or... I've lived here all my life, and i don't even know of any good places to hang out o_< maybe go for a dinner outing instead... Or Bubble tea!!! at like... umm... Sweat Dreams in Waterloo Plaza... since the other one there had a fire T___T So much bubble tea... gone!

cloud_2880
03-26-2006, 01:15 AM
Well I from Cambridge, and that's close enough to Kitchener.
I'm 26 and that's the oldest here so far.

Little Fan
03-26-2006, 03:22 PM
Yeah Sweet Dreams! They have amazing vegetarian dumplings. Mmm....dumplings....

Dumplings + Bubble Tea = <3

Wing_Goddess
03-26-2006, 04:59 PM
Yay! Then we should go to Sweet Dreams then ^___^ Including Cloud too, if you can make it from Cambridge. Anyone up for it? and like... any suggestions on what day? ^__^ ! i know this will be a super small outing, but who cares XD

Little Fan
03-26-2006, 06:50 PM
A weeknight, if you please. Preferably Tuesday if it's this week. It could be any night if it's next week. ^_^ I'll drag Kaatsumi along, but she needs to know the date so that she can schedule it off work.

Wing_Goddess
03-26-2006, 07:10 PM
This tuesday? x__X so soon?! =P Hmm... what about around this Saturday evening? If that's ok with everyone, it's just a random date i'm saying =P I work till 4pm on this Saturday coming, but i can make it up to Waterloo by 4:30PM - 4:45pm =) Though i doubt i'll really cosplay though... maybe wear a lolita dress or something XP

Little Fan
03-26-2006, 07:49 PM
I'm going home on the weekend, so that's no good for me. Sorry. ^_^;

Classes are done next Monday, though. So anytime after that could work (once again, not the weekend, please.)

Amy the Yu
03-26-2006, 08:04 PM
I wanna meet up with everyone!! X_X *21 yrs old*

But I'm going down to Pittsburg for Tekkoshocon this weekend.

I'm in town for the next month before I move home for the summer and return in the fall.

What about Saturday, April 8th? I don't really care where as long as I can get there and home via GRT (although Sweet Dreams would be...sweet...since it's like a 10 min walk from where I live).

GAH! I wanna meet more local cosplayers. The only ones I know around here are Infini, Xiola, Alex and Timmy (the latter two did Shiva and the Chocobo at AN and CN)...and a small handful of not quite as frequent cosplayers. X_X

Although if I don't get to meet more people right now, me and Infini will be starting up a new event at CTRL-A (Waterloo anime club) for cosplayers and would be cosplayers called "CTRL-C" (take a wild guess what the C stands for) in the fall for cosplayers to gather, plan costumes and possibly learn some new things, as well as get more people to start cosplaying, so I hope people will come out and join. ^^

Little Fan
03-26-2006, 08:10 PM
Kaatsumi and I were planning to do a similar thing with Laurier's Ministry of Anime. Maybe we should join forces and have a cross-campus cosplay group. ^_^

Um...The 8th is bad because I need to do a trip to Toronto to meet up with friends and buy costume stuff. Is no one free on week nights? *is hopeful*

Wing_Goddess
03-26-2006, 08:16 PM
Aww, that's no good. I'm flexible, so i can do any day. What about Friday April 7th then?

Little Fan
03-26-2006, 08:21 PM
Um...Thursday April 6th maybe? ^_^;

Don't I feel like the inconvenient one, lol.

Glay
03-26-2006, 08:25 PM
April 6th is my Organic chemistry exam!!!! :lost:

Wing_Goddess
03-26-2006, 08:27 PM
Um...Thursday April 6th maybe? ^_^;

Don't I feel like the inconvenient one, lol.

can't you do April 7th? ~__~ or are you leaving for Toronto on the Friday?

Umm.. and yea, we can always do things during weekdays but that's when usually work and school starts so we're all like... o__< BLAH!!

Little Fan
03-26-2006, 08:27 PM
Oops, posted at the same time.

We were planning to leave Thursday night, so Kaatsumi's already booked that off work. She has to be back for a shift on Sunday evening, so we were hoping to spend Friday and Saturday in Toronto.

kaatsumi
03-26-2006, 08:33 PM
I'll drive into work tonight and book Sunday off if it makes things easier^__^ My boss already hates me and the shift manager caught me in cosplay so they know I'm a little wierd :D

So Friday in the early evening could work wonderfully!

Wing_Goddess
03-26-2006, 08:39 PM
Hehe XP t's ok. We should be able to find another day >.<

What about this Thursday? O.o

Little Fan
03-26-2006, 08:42 PM
I have class 6-9, but after that I'm free.

kaatsumi
03-26-2006, 08:44 PM
*chuckle* Oh noes..... Friday early evening will work now, no worries~

Little Fan and I are good for it^^

Sorry about any hassel we caused >>;;;

Amy the Yu
03-26-2006, 08:44 PM
I'm pretty much good almost any night, but I always think weekends cause most of my friends either live a good distance away, or have work/school on weekdays.

Um...I'm gonna take a different approach to this. Days that are BAD for me:
March 30-April 2nd - Tekkoshocon followed by 2 finals the day after.
April 9/10th - Morning exam on the 10th
April 17 - Last exam

I only have 2 finals during the exam period, but I'm in town for the entire first week of April cause I have to do a make up test on that week, but my prof didn't tell me which day yet. The week after that will partially be spent back home in Toronto working on Anime Central stuff, and partially spent in Loo studying, although my study habits are messed up enough that I have no problem randomly running out to hang with people and drink bubble tea. XD

If everyone else decides on one of my bad days, no worries. I have a pretty retarded schedule. There's always next time. ^^;;

Wing_Goddess
03-26-2006, 08:49 PM
*chuckle* Oh noes..... Friday early evening will work now, no worries~

Little Fan and I are good for it^^

Sorry about any hassel we caused >>;;;

This friday? or the next? early evening? Like.. around 6-9 then or so? or you mean like after noon like... 3-6? >__>

Phae
03-26-2006, 08:58 PM
I'm gonna keep checking here to see what time you guys pick, and if I'm free, I may come out. =D

kaatsumi
03-27-2006, 01:39 AM
The 7th of April. I think that works well.

As it's after Glay's chem. exam, Amy the Yu is back from her con and I'm not working.

Hrm. As for a time. How about 5-8. So everyone can roll into Sweet Dreams at 5 give or take a few minutes ^_~

Is that alright? *crosses fingers*

Amy the Yu
03-27-2006, 01:45 AM
The 7th of April. I think that works well.

As it's after Glay's chem. exam, Amy the Yu is back from her con and I'm not working.

Hrm. As for a time. How about 5-8. So everyone can roll into Sweet Dreams at 5 give or take a few minutes ^_~

Is that alright? *crosses fingers*That sounds like a sweet deal to me. =D

Infini
03-27-2006, 05:08 AM
I'd really like to come, especially since it's so close-by for me (Cambridge) but I work from 4pm to midnight on Fridays, so I guess I'm out of luck. T_T I only have Sat/Sun off, so hopefully everyone will plan a second meetup at some point?

Also. I am super-old, being 23. *about time for anti-wrinkle cream* XD

cloud_2880
03-27-2006, 06:59 AM
Well I work Nights (Sun-Thurs)....in Guelph. So either Friday or Saturday work for me. I tend to avoid doing much during the week due to work.

April 7th around 5-8 pm is good for me.

Phae
03-27-2006, 08:48 AM
Sure, April 7th. I'll try to come.

Saffi
03-27-2006, 12:46 PM
I'm 23, but I also hail from Cambridge, however I go to school in south Kitchener (conestoga) and on Wednesdays from about 6-8 ish My friends and I meet up at Sweet Dreams... so yeah, if any of you guys happen to be bored or what, feel free to stop by and say hi.

-saff

KittyCanuck
03-27-2006, 04:29 PM
I'd really like to come, especially since it's so close-by for me (Cambridge) but I work from 4pm to midnight on Fridays, so I guess I'm out of luck. T_T I only have Sat/Sun off, so hopefully everyone will plan a second meetup at some point?

Also. I am super-old, being 23. *about time for anti-wrinkle cream* XD

I'd be interested in a second mini-meetup too
The 7th is my last day of classes so I already had plans.

<-- 24, in Guelph (close enough)

Little Fan
03-27-2006, 07:56 PM
I'm sure we can do other meet ups for people who can't make it to this one. I'll be chillin' in the 'Loo until the beginning of June and I'm always up for social events. ^_^

kaatsumi
03-27-2006, 10:28 PM
This definatly should be a regular occurance. We'll all join powers and take over Waterloo and then THE WORLD~!

Well, one step at a time... So people should certainly keep suggesting dates, especailly once exams are over for all the university bound cosplayers. Then there will be even more free time.^^

Now I can't wait for the seventh [and all those sure to follow]~

Glay
03-27-2006, 11:27 PM
Yes!!! I'm so there =D And yeah, we should totally take advantage of some of the good scenery here in Waterloo during the summer. Like... trees... and things. XD I suck and never make it to Toronto-based photoshoots.

Diagnosed
03-28-2006, 12:27 AM
Zomg I never realized how many people lived in this area!! I'll come too if you guys don't mind ^^. (I'm 19 though I apparently look 15 XD) Omg so looking forward to this! You know I just had a lil daydream that in the summer we could meet up regularly and work on our costumes together >_> Yeah I'm wierd like that (hehee just think it could be a little cosplay sweatshop XDD) Uh just to clarify, we aren't cosplayin on the 7th right?

Wing_Goddess
03-29-2006, 10:39 PM
ok... so we have about 7 people coming? and i'm bringing some friends, so like... around 10 maybe? today at work i gave someone this website to check it out and come so... ~__~ i dunno if she'll come, and with friends too. (Anyway, if that Chouji person reads this, HIIIIIII i'm the girl from Central XD ) i dunno if any of you guys are bringing anybody... soooo... if someone else hasn't already done it already should i call and book a mini reservation for a table of 10 at 5:00pm for us? Cause i know they can get pretty busy on Fridays ^^;;

Little Fan
03-30-2006, 12:42 PM
That's a good idea. ^_^

Glay
03-30-2006, 08:08 PM
I'm gonna try and drag my sister QuatumDestiny to this too!

Wing_Goddess
04-02-2006, 09:04 PM
Alright... so i JUST managed to switch my friday 3-9pm shift... Doesn't it always seem like you get shifts on the exact days you want off? x__X

and i also called Sweet Dreams (i always have a habit of typing Sweat Dreams instead lol) and yea... the person on the phone wasn't too sure on whether they do reservations or anything.... oh well, i said we'd be there Friday, at 5pm and it will be probably 8-10 people and she said it will be all ready by then. She didn't ask for my name though x___X so like... just walk in and look for the big empty area cause since they're usually busy Fridays, it shouldn't be hard to spot ^___^ 5 more days to go! Bubble Tea ~drools~

Old Otaku Unite! XP

Phae
04-03-2006, 12:22 PM
I'll probably be there, but I get really shy in new situations. n_n;;

Diagnosed
04-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Awesome!! Thanks for taking care of that, wing goddess! ^-^

Wing_Goddess
04-04-2006, 03:07 PM
No prob ^^; i'm glad to help in whatever little way i can.

See you guys in like... 3 days!

Wing_Goddess
04-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Hehe, it actually turned out pretty well ^__^ at first we were all shy, but at the end we were like group huggin like a bunch of losers ( that i love!! <3 )! Everyone came too, which i was surprised since today was such a gloomy day. We had only one empty seat *cough* Amy_the_yu *cough* . We were all so shy at first, but at the end we're all giving random support and advice... and yaoi-related topics. I love how Glay and i first met.

Glay: "Are you Wing_Goddess?"
Me: "Yes ^^;;"
Glay: "I have to hug you."

XD so cute!

I'm so sad, because several people wanted to bring cameras but didn't!! XP so many cheesy pics that could have been made =P

I had fun with you guys!! maybe we can do this again next month or something, i dunno ^^;;; Old Otakus are awsome

Phae
04-07-2006, 11:47 PM
Yes, I had lots of fun! I'm glad the atomosphere got less shy after a while. Too bad no one had a camera - I'll definately bring mine next time. Thanks to everyone who came!

Diagnosed
04-08-2006, 03:44 AM
Yeah definitely a fun time all around ^-^. Can't believe we were there for 3 hours! It seemed more like 30 minutes haha. Lmao "To cosplay!" oh we're such nerds it's great XD. Hope to see you all again sometime~~

Glay
04-08-2006, 07:56 PM
YAY!! The meet was a success. Total representin' the cosplay community. :rockon:

We MUST do it again~~ ^_^

kaatsumi
04-25-2006, 04:11 PM
*pokes the quite thread*

Dare I suggest a second get together, before AN? Some time in May, yes? Especially because a number of folks couldn't make the last one ;_;

Phae
04-25-2006, 11:05 PM
I'm not in Waterloo anymore! I'm home in Hamilton for the summer.

Oselle
04-25-2006, 11:11 PM
*pokes the quite thread*

Dare I suggest a second get together, before AN? Some time in May, yes? Especially because a number of folks couldn't make the last one ;_;

What about a photoshoot? The weather should be warming up by then, and I'm sure there are many nice locations in the tri-cities that we could swarm.

kaatsumi
04-26-2006, 01:46 PM
I'm not in Waterloo anymore! I'm home in Hamilton for the summer.

Awww, sadness~ I hope we didn't lose too many university students. Who goes home, I mean really? XP Ah well, I know we lost Glay as well. Hrm....

And as for a photoshoot I think that's awesome~!! There's a cute park, that I'm rather sure is down Water Street in Kitchener/Waterloo. With large willows that sweep all the way to the ground and a rather large pond. But, I'm open for any suggestions. I think hanging out in a park and getting some photos done will rock.

So then the question still stands of who's around? *starts a search party*
We have three [I include Little Fan, my roommate because she can't answer this thread, he computer died] so far *grin*

Glay
04-26-2006, 02:54 PM
I'm not totally lost =) My roomates and myself are going back up the 5th (hopefully) to sew all weekend on our AN costumes. At the risk of sounding very dorky, maybe we could get together and have some sort of sewing party.. or something.

Diagnosed
04-26-2006, 07:27 PM
I'm not totally lost =) My roomates and myself are going back up the 5th (hopefully) to sew all weekend on our AN costumes. At the risk of sounding very dorky, maybe we could get together and have some sort of sewing party.. or something.

Heh. I'm totally up for a sewing party. Guess that makes me a dork too :p Either way (sewingness, parkness or both hehe) the three of us will be around from the 5th to probably the 7th in the afternoon. Hopefully the weather will be nice ^^;;;

Infini
04-27-2006, 04:23 PM
I still really want to come to a meetup in kitchener/waterloo at some point, although the weekend of the 5th to the 7th would be impossible for me (going to Acen). ;_;

kaatsumi
04-27-2006, 06:41 PM
I still really want to come to a meetup in kitchener/waterloo at some point, although the weekend of the 5th to the 7th would be impossible for me (going to Acen). ;_;

Oh noes~ ;_; Umm.... How about you suggest a date and we'll see what we can do. If a number of people put forth times when they are up here/ can make it out we're sure to find something.

I just need a week's notice to book it off work. So you guys can always count me in^^

Wing_Goddess
04-29-2006, 11:17 PM
Oh noes~ ;_; Umm.... How about you suggest a date and we'll see what we can do. If a number of people put forth times when they are up here/ can make it out we're sure to find something.

I just need a week's notice to book it off work. So you guys can always count me in^^
I don't mind coming out again either~

Hey, maybe making this meeting every other month... or month... or whatever could be fun. It will also give me a good reason to have some ramen and bubble tea... MMMMM~ Or of course, we can always go somewhere else ^__^

i also work and go to school, but yea... i'm flexible ^__^

EDIT: i still haven't added the emails that i gathered last time XD i'm so lazy~ I'll get around to it. I'd do it now, but my friend has my planner with the emails in it =P

Amy the Yu
09-11-2006, 05:47 PM
I've been dead to the forums for a good while now, but being back at school makes me wish for more cosplayers...soo, I'm resurrecting this thread cause I don't think it's really necessary to make a new one since this one does it's job nicely.

Anyone wanna get together from the Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge (and surrounding) area? =3

cloud_2880
09-12-2006, 06:19 PM
You can count me in.

It has been a long time since the last time we got together.
We should definitely do it again, maybe someplace different this time around.

As far as weekends go, I have to work Saturdays, usually home by 4pm.

Glay
09-12-2006, 06:56 PM
Sure! We should definitely plan another get together! Amy you missed the last one ;_; I was looking forward to meeting you. Hopefully the next time around~~

kaatsumi
09-14-2006, 04:29 PM
I agree. Let's get together again. It's been far too long^^

So are we thinking sometime before the end of the month? (Since the first full weekend in October is Thanksgiving or after that?)

Infini
09-16-2006, 01:52 AM
I'll come this time, although I have to leave the day/time up to everyone else. I'm basically available whenever (working nights now) and it's only a 25 minute drive. =D

Amy the Yu
09-28-2006, 10:39 PM
How would Sunday night work for everyone? I'm trying to think of a time that maybe the students and non-students can all work with. Plus, none of the university students would have the excuse of "I'm going home that weekend" since they best all be back for monday classes anyway.

OH! How about October 29th? Since it's all cosplayers, it would be another excuse to dress up (or not) and wander around using halloween as an excuse? XD

kaatsumi
10-03-2006, 10:38 AM
That sound good, even for people who went to Haloween dance in TO and stayed the weekend, they should all be back^^

So October 29th maybe sometime around 7/730 we could all meet somewhere, hopefully nice and snuggly between WLU and UW *grin*

Glay
10-03-2006, 05:40 PM
I'm in!! We can try and do dinner again, although maybe this time a different place than sweet dream?

Zahmira
10-03-2006, 08:51 PM
I might consider this. I'm in Waterloo, but a whopping 24 years old.

Infini
10-03-2006, 09:06 PM
October 29th sounds perfect~ I dunno about cosplaying though, we'll see what I can make (or feel like wearing) at the time. Maybe something Tsubasa related if I don't lose interest in it before then. o_o

I'm also around the same age, Zahmira. XD

cloud_2880
10-04-2006, 06:14 PM
Oct. 29 sounds good to me.
I'll see if I'm up for the cosplaying at the time.

kaatsumi
10-05-2006, 12:51 AM
So what do we think of a meeting place. There will probably be a good number of us. So a Tim Hortons maybe? They'd be quiet on a Sunday evening and have enough room for us to meet. Or.. Uh. Somewhere else that wouldn't mind us all hanging around....

Comments, suggestions? I've been here 3 years now, you'd think I'd be able to suggest something better >>;

I can't wait to meet and see some of you guys again~

Amy the Yu
10-05-2006, 01:21 AM
Comments, suggestions? I've been here 3 years now, you'd think I'd be able to suggest something better >>;
I'm the same. X_X

I tried for over a day to think of a good response to Glay's last comment besides "I agree with a different place than Sweet Dreams" and failed. Does anyone have a preference for dinner location if we do dinner? O_O;;

Oselle
10-05-2006, 07:58 PM
I might consider this. I'm in Waterloo, but a whopping 24 years old.

*snicker* join the aged club! Several of us routinely joke that those of us pushing 25 (I'm 25 myself) should be sporting walkers, canes, and talk about "them young whippersnappers*. :bigtu:

Joking aside! I might try to come out for this...Halloween is a massively busy weekend for me (seriously, it's like my Christmas), but I'll try to get out to see some folks! Guelph is just a hop-skip-jump away.

kaatsumi
10-12-2006, 12:30 PM
Since we're still at a lose for a meeting place. Suggestion time:

Did we want to do dinner somewhere?

Like a Boston Pizza sort of place. Where we can order as much or as little as we want, eat, sit around and talk <--more to the point ^_~. They cater to groups (though reservations might be best >>; ) and a Sunday evening, I think, wouldn't be too busy at that type of place.

Infini
10-13-2006, 11:42 AM
I vote for Pizza Hut, because they have the best pizza. >_>

...or, there's always Mongolian Grill or something? I'm not really sure what's in Waterloo at all, or how much everyone wants to spend on the food.

Wing_Goddess
10-13-2006, 11:52 AM
O___O when did this thread come alive again?! and yes, the 29th should be good ^^; i have sundays off for sure from work. I just need to find someone to come with me v.v;;; i hate going to places alone =P

Glay
10-14-2006, 03:52 AM
Nooooo, anywhere except Mongolian grill. They don't take reservations, so for a party or 10+ you're looking at an hour long wait. Also, we won't all be at the table at the same time for looong periods of time (because of the buffet type dinner). It's a bad place to have a dinner where you want to at least get to know people. At least that's my take on it.

I know there's another big restaurant in that vicinity.. East Side Mario's, is it? For the life of me I can't remember the name now. u_u

Zahmira
10-14-2006, 10:25 AM
There's and East Side Mario's in the same plaza, yep.

Infini
10-14-2006, 05:39 PM
I'm okay with East Side Mario's, if everyone else is. Did we want to meet up at the restaurant? It's probably best, cause it'll be cold out.

kaatsumi
10-15-2006, 01:26 PM
So I'll do the reservations for East Side Mario's then.

So it'll be for 7pm on Sunday Oct 29.

Now, I just need a head count. If everyone who can make it out for dinner could please post a reply now so I can make sure we have enough seats for all, but that we don't have too many empty seats.... You know how it is.

It's head count time! Who's in? Whoo hoo! ^_^ *excited*

Address is as follows:
East Side Mario's
170 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON N2L 3E9
[In the plaza close to UW. It's very close the bubble tea place we went to last time].

cloud_2880
10-15-2006, 05:11 PM
Count me in

Just post the address and I'll be there

Amy the Yu
10-16-2006, 04:02 AM
I completely forgot about this til Infini reminded me today. X_X

I'm in though, considering I live across the street.

Infini
10-17-2006, 01:33 AM
I'm in, definitely~

Glay
10-17-2006, 09:00 PM
Obviously I'm a go =D I'm looking to drag along my roomates too but I have to weasle answers out of them and post here later since they obviously don't check this forum enough. xD;;

Wing_Goddess
10-18-2006, 12:56 AM
umm... count me in ._.;

djaxle
10-18-2006, 08:12 AM
Can I join in...sure I'm not IN kitchener/waterloo but I know pleanty of people there, and am very close...

Amy the Yu
10-18-2006, 10:56 AM
Can I join in...sure I'm not IN kitchener/waterloo but I know pleanty of people there, and am very close...If you can make it, you're welcome to join. This isn't anything exclusive. Heck, Oselle's located in Guelph and she may be coming, so you wouldn't be the only non-local.

djaxle
10-18-2006, 03:57 PM
Awesome! Then count me in!

kaatsumi
10-18-2006, 06:48 PM
Yay, Alex! It's been awhile. ^_^

djaxle
10-19-2006, 08:20 AM
Yay, Alex! It's been awhile. ^_^

Yes it has!

Wing_Goddess
10-20-2006, 09:44 PM
okay, can you add two more people to the list? ^^

kaatsumi
10-21-2006, 08:37 PM
Yep, not a problem (wing_goddess I've added your two friends in ^_^). So the plan is as goes: reservations are for 13. And they are at 7pm at the East Side Mario's on University (address in my first post about the resturant).

Awesome! I'll see you guys in 8 days~

Glay
10-21-2006, 10:41 PM
Cat did you include Sarah n Nikki? I know you were talking about it with Sarah but if we're both going then my sister is automatically gonna be dragged along =)

FiaNari
10-22-2006, 02:10 AM
I am not from Kitchener but my girlfriend is so I am there fairly often now. I cosplay/crossplay and I am 21!!XD

kaatsumi
10-22-2006, 05:05 PM
Cat did you include Sarah n Nikki? I know you were talking about it with Sarah but if we're both going then my sister is automatically gonna be dragged along =)

I did, I did. You kids always come a trio ^_^.

There is also an extra seat or two in case some of the other people from this thread catch it at the last minute and want to come out.

Infini
10-24-2006, 12:13 AM
So the plan is as goes: reservations are for 13. And they are at 7pm at the East Side Mario's on University (address in my first post about the resturant).

Awesome! I'll see you guys in 8 days~

Sounds good~! I'll see everyone there, although I don't think I'll be cosplaying (besides possibly wearing a wig to cover up my dull boring hair. XD

Amy the Yu
10-24-2006, 01:10 AM
Sounds good~! I'll see everyone there, although I don't think I'll be cosplaying (besides possibly wearing a wig to cover up my dull boring hair. XDAre people gonna cosplay and stuff? I kinda forgot about that part. X_X;;

djaxle
10-24-2006, 08:21 AM
Hm, I'll just have a really nice US Airforce great coat...SG-1 is part of the US Airforce...

Amy the Yu
10-26-2006, 05:01 PM
Don't know if any of you guys care, but CTRL-A's having a Halloween show this weekend. There's a cosplay contest during the dinner break with plenty of prizes (and I do believe you get something regardless of whether you win or not...and even if there aren't enough participants to hold a proper contest, everyone should get a little something...).

Costumes must be related to Anime/manga/Japanese animation of some sort or other to enter the contest, but people who wanna dress up should still come and join me in wearing something totally unrelated to the club for the sake of looking funny on campus. =D

Club info @ www.ctrl-a.org

Wing_Goddess
10-30-2006, 05:58 PM
Hey everyone ^__^

Last night was pretty fun. Was it me or did the waiter look like he was trying to get us out of there? he kept on asking if we wanted the bill but we never even had dessert yet >.< haha, oh well. I didn't get to talk to several people though =( being at one end of the table you can't hear anything at the other end T.T

anyway, here are the pics !

Just a suggestion, maybe next time we should go to a place where you can eat AND do an activity so that everyone has a chance to get to meet and know each other plus have some fun ^^ like bowling... karaoke? =P

http://i13.tinypic.com/47mud8i.jpg

http://i13.tinypic.com/47a0fmq.jpg

http://i13.tinypic.com/2dujeh2.jpg

Infini
10-30-2006, 06:11 PM
Yeah, I think the waiter definitely wanted to give us our bills and then escape, and we weren't even in costume or anything. XD

Bowling or something sounds like a better plan for those (like us) that really didn't get a chance to talk to the 'other end of the table.'

djaxle
10-30-2006, 06:39 PM
Excellent Pics thanks!

Yes, bowling does sound like a plan...bowling...in costume.