PDA

View Full Version : Full Metal Alchemist: Envy's Hair

Bish
03-22-2006, 04:35 PM
If there is another thread to this, sorry. But how in the world would you do Envy's hair???? :confused:

Help Please?

Here's a Link: Envy (http://www.absoluteanime.com/fullmetal_alchemist/envy.jpg)

faeriekawaii
03-22-2006, 05:05 PM
I honestly have no idea, but after I read your post I noticed that this cosplayer did Envy.
http://members.cosplay.com/costume/36479/
Maybe try PMing them?

WilwarinAndamar
03-24-2006, 04:08 PM
From the Envy cosplayers I have seen there are two routes: using a wig and making dreads or making a wig out of craft foam.

APandRB
03-24-2006, 08:16 PM
RB: Oh the pain in the ass Envy wig. I love seeing Envy's with real wigs but I don't have the talent to work with wigs and extensions, we took the craft foam approach. We bought a yard of foamies, yellow, and cut them into long triangles. The strips are attached to a winter hat by pins and flipped so you don't see them attached and spray painted a forest green. Short foamies are good for filling in the gaps. Hope this helps for the foam approach

Runi-Chan
03-24-2006, 09:43 PM
you could just also use a nice green wig and style it in that piecey look using pomade and such. my friend is cosplaying Envy soon, and I'll be styling his wig for him. (I told him we can try for the piece-y look, but a nice dark green wig can look just as nice)

Rei.Ayanami
03-25-2006, 01:13 PM
As Rurouni Ina Box said. A dark green wig would look nice. But try to give it a 'feathery' look. Don't let the wig look to smooth or flat. Make is look uneven, if that makes sense at all. Sorry if that doesn't help.

Miyabi-
03-26-2006, 04:11 AM
I used the foamie method myself (pics in gallery). I used an old wig as a base, sheared it super short and just hot glued the foamies on..lol Ghetto yes, but it worked okay enough. ^_^ And it's a good method if you're new to wigs.
To make a foamie one yourself start off with a weaving cap instead of an old wig though! ^_^ You can get them at the dr. locks website I believe.

Bish
03-26-2006, 09:22 AM
Thanks everyone! I think I'll be making the wigs all the ways you've said. And which ever one works, I'll use. But with my luck, that won't happen soon -_-;

IamCozplayah
03-26-2006, 01:04 PM
Hmmmmm my mom's really in to hair so I'll see if I can figure it out cause even though she's not a hairdresser she knows a lot about hair lol... well if I get it to work I'll post a pic and some instructions, until then good luck! :bigtu:

ichi
03-26-2006, 08:23 PM
Get a nice, soft dark wig, apply hair grease(not wax), flat-iron.

Or maybe it's flat-iron, /then/ hair grease.. I'm not sure. Regardless, pleeeease for the sake of the character do NOT do dreads.

Bish
03-27-2006, 05:24 PM
Again thanks everyone! I've started on the foam hairstyle thingy. And Amazingly nothing has blown up....yet. ^_^;;

atmo5
04-25-2011, 03:09 PM
Okay! I dont think dreads would be the best way to go about it. :/
But i think hair extensions and a flat ironing :) and you got envy.
:angel:

rubyspitfire
04-26-2011, 04:26 AM
i saw one made with poster board painted green, but i didn't get a pic

Gypsyangelf4i
04-26-2011, 09:27 PM
Holy thread revival Batman!!!....btw, anyone know which method the OP used??