PDA

View Full Version : Yay! Y-con 2006 date announced! :D

Leishu
03-23-2006, 02:48 PM
October 20-22.

What does everybody think? I know I'm excited and already preparing several hopefully delicious outfits ^_^

vannadear
03-23-2006, 02:52 PM
Oooh! I was worried it was going to be later in the month of October!! I might actually be able to go now! ::squeals and runs away to plan::

:bigtu: Thanks for posting this info! Much thanks to you!

Michi
03-23-2006, 02:57 PM
Oh, it is very nice to have a confirmed weekend for this. Thank you for sharing it. ^^ I can add this to my website as a 2006 planned convention now. XD

makotohanabi
03-23-2006, 07:12 PM
Sweet! I'll have to ask for the time off first thing tomorrow morning. Yay for cons in the middle of the month. Was a afraid I couldn't make it this year. Hope they post the hotel and preregistration details soon.

Thanks for the info, Leishu, today was the day from heck and now I'm so happy. *happy dance*

Tohma
03-24-2006, 12:53 AM
Ack >_< Earlier?? That kind of makes me sad..and I'm probably the only one that wishes it were closer to Holloween ^^;; Since I have to fly out to CA from NC for the con, I can't stay more then a week and It means I won't get to go to EBK's Mystery House Gathering this year. *sniffle*

Oh well, I'm still excited about the con ^_^ Last year was my first time at it and it was so much fun! I already have my costumes for this year planned ^^

UrMastrInuYasha
03-24-2006, 12:53 AM
Gah... 1 1/2 more years for me! Tell me how it goes! I really wanna go

Oh, BTW, I WANT PICS OF GRAVITATION COSPLAYERS!!!

Leishu
03-24-2006, 02:55 AM
Hehe. People have been suggesting that I go around as K... but I just dunno. *shrug*

I am glad to have been useful to all of you. I posted immediately when I got the note from the Y-con Yahoo group. (Yay for revival of Yaoi-con Cosplay.com Forums).

Hikaru-Jan
03-27-2006, 11:45 PM
Yay! Can't wait to go again this year! =D

yugifan818
04-06-2006, 03:33 PM
i'm new to going , so this is a dumb question but where is it going to be ? ^_^;;

Eurobeat King
04-07-2006, 01:00 AM
i'm new to going , so this is a dumb question but where is it going to be ? ^_^;;

Yaoi-con 2006 will be held at the Westin hotel near the San Francisco International Airport. (This is the 3rd year it will be held there.) Parts of the convention (the Saturday night masquerade, bishonen-auction, etc.) will also take place next door at the Clarion hotel. I believe the Westin has a free airport shuttle, so if you plan to fly into SFO you'll have no problem getting to the con. ;)

I will miss having Yaoi-con on Halloween weekend since I liked having 4 days of cosplaying (3 for Yaoi-con, and 1 for Halloween) and having my annual Winchester Mystery House cosplay gathering a day after Y-con ends, so that those out of town (like Tohma and friends) could make it to that too. :lost:
But it'll still be fun for the weekend, and this year it'll allow me a week of rest so that I can go back to Nekocon (missed it in 2005) rather than do back-to-back conventions..

Leishu
04-07-2006, 02:43 PM
In related news: The Y-con webpage is up! Yay! :o

Hikaru-Jan
04-10-2006, 11:37 PM
In related news: The Y-con webpage is up! Yay! :o
YAY! :toothy:

Leishu
04-11-2006, 01:08 AM
*registers for Y-con, auction, forum, etc.*

Edit: I bumped into you at 'con, didn't I? :p

Seems like I did.

My memory really sucks. ;_;

Hikaru-Jan
04-11-2006, 02:54 PM
Edit: I bumped into you at 'con, didn't I? :p

Seems like I did.

My memory really sucks. ;_;
Did you? You look familiar as well. Don't worry my memory sucks way more.

Leishu
04-12-2006, 12:42 AM
Well I was a bishie. Does that help?

Hikaru-Jan
04-12-2006, 05:52 PM
Well I was a bishie. Does that help?
Hm.. Do you remember what con?

Leishu
04-13-2006, 01:04 AM
Yaoi-con -_- (and the preceding Fanime)

Did you go to 2005? :p

Shinsengumi
04-22-2006, 02:53 AM
I had a good time in last years Yaoi con I only went for 2 days, This year if I'm lucky I'll go for whole 3 days.

Ashadeus
04-29-2006, 05:17 PM
Ooh, this is perfect. I can go to Yaoi-con for my birthday, since I turn 18 the 21st of October. Convenient the way that works out, isn't it? I plan on cosplaying (I might just end up bringing all my costumes, just in case I absolutely have to indulge in a certain favorite pairing depending on who I see there).

So yeah. Hope to see you all there. I'll be saving money like a mad thing until then.

Eurobeat King
05-15-2006, 01:58 PM
Ooh, this is perfect. I can go to Yaoi-con for my birthday, since I turn 18 the 21st of October. Convenient the way that works out, isn't it? I plan on cosplaying (I might just end up bringing all my costumes, just in case I absolutely have to indulge in a certain favorite pairing depending on who I see there).

So yeah. Hope to see you all there. I'll be saving money like a mad thing until then.

Haha talk about nice-timing! ;) I wonder if you try to go to Y-con on Friday, the 20th, if they'll let you reg. for the con. That would suck if they said "come back tomorrow.." :thumbsup: If they did that, they should let you get a free pass on Saturday cos it's your birthday! How rare is that for Y-con?

Bring all your bishy costumes! Naruto, Death Note, and Weiz K. those will get a lot of lovin' at Y-con.. :D

Miss Tea
05-16-2006, 05:06 PM
*so excited* im moving up to Nor Cal for school this fall, and i'll finally be 18... im so excited for Y-con! i really dont have an excuse to miss it XD im going to do all im my power to make it to at least one of the days. hopefully i'll have some neat costumes to bring XP

XxColdRealityxX
05-20-2006, 01:04 PM
OMG! they totally planned that! my birthday is october 20th!!!!! and im obsessed with yaoi!!!!!!!!!!!! omg!!!! this is so exciting i was wondering what i was going to do for my birthday this year!!!

does anybody have the link to the site?

(lol ill never be able to go but hey i can dream right?)

BART Boy
05-20-2006, 01:38 PM

yay!!! you can tease reno-kun while your at it =3

hey I'll even let you borrow my handcuffs too ;D

XxColdRealityxX
05-20-2006, 05:15 PM
lol im not turning 18 tho but its still a dream right ~_^ (ill have my own little yaoi convention at my house lol)

Kokuu
05-20-2006, 07:09 PM
I might actually be able to go this year for once in my life... since a scheduling conflict at school means I'll have my weekends free. Finally!

Eurobeat King
05-21-2006, 02:07 AM
I might actually be able to go this year for once in my life... since a scheduling conflict at school means I'll have my weekends free. Finally!

Yay! Maybe you can convince Gainax Boy to come up here with you for Y-con as well.. hehe :D It'd be interesting to see him participate in the Bishonen Auction!! :bigtu:

Your regular costumes would be nice here, but you might also want to wear some guy costumes too for this con!

My costume list would probably be Shinj Ikari, Saitou Hajime, Trowa Barton, and Ryosuke Takahashi (WITH his FC3S again.) Maybe I'll find another shirt he wears other than his Stage 1 blue-shirt. ;)

Tohma
05-21-2006, 08:12 PM
Yay! My registration arrived today ^_^ I'm in and ready to go! Why is it so far away? ;_; Still need to buy my plane tickets but I always hate doing that cause they are so expensive X_x

Time to think about costumes! So far the only confirmed outfit is my Orpheus from Meine Liebe. But I might be doing a modern schoolboy Sasuke (naruto) and maybe bringing my Cloud...I really have no idea. It really depends on what everyone else in my group wants to wear ^^

natsukoarts
05-24-2006, 01:05 AM
If you go as K, I'll be Yuki...
who has the website URL for yaoi-con, cant find it wanna go!

Northern
05-24-2006, 01:02 PM
So what costumes will everyone be wearing to Yaoi-con this year? I am going to be driving down so bringing my costumes will not be an issue lol. I will be going as Youji from Weib Kreuz and Krad (with wings) from DNAngel. Do you guys have any suggestions for a third, it, of course, has to be bishy and yaoi-fied, lol.

windfae
06-01-2006, 03:03 PM
Yay! I'll finally be able to go this year! :)

Leishu
06-01-2006, 03:26 PM
Hmmm....

Well my Auction piece is a surprise. I'm considering commissioning a gothic lolita piece from a designer I like for another evening. I may revive my Ed of FMA for a night and I may revive my Krad from Fanime (after a redisign of the wings), and I will probably do one evening of slutty blackmage. :3

RoyxEd4Ever
06-13-2006, 07:52 PM
I can't wait for Yaoi-con to come! XD

kaedex
07-03-2006, 11:16 PM
I wish I were 18... ;____;

YoukiSs
08-01-2006, 11:38 AM
Hio!
I WANT PICS OF GRAVITATION COSPLAYERS TOO!!!
Really wondering to see Yuki Eiri *.*