PDA

View Full Version : Samus Costume questions

beameabug
02-20-2003, 11:51 PM
Hey, Im working on a costume for Samus from the metroid series. I have worked out how to do most of the costume, but i need some advice on doing the helmet and her gun. I really dont know how to make them.

also does anyone know i can make a leotard that has a yellow body and purple sleeves? Ive had the suggestion of dyeing it, but would that look okay?

thanks

DigitalCactus
02-27-2003, 01:29 AM
Jumpsuit? I thought she wore armour. checkout www.bioweapons.com .... this man is THE guru.. Dont expect a reply from him if you need help, however. But look through his Guyver HOW-TO .. His work is an inspiration to all us prop/armour builders....
His method may take you some time. I would get a mannequin head like he did and sculpt a helmet out of clay... for the visor you could use a coloured plastic or some sort.

Yuna
02-27-2003, 02:36 AM
Another really good place to check out is http://www.bountyhardware.com/

This guy has made replica guns and armor from movie like Star Wars and Blade II. Check it out~

SeymourMother
02-27-2003, 03:05 AM
Nice!!! but then again it depends on what kind of costume you ask right Nessa-San.

beameabug
02-27-2003, 03:13 AM
*Jumpsuit? I thought she wore armour*

Yes she does where armor, but unfortunatly being the poor college student that i am, i cant, though i would love to, make full body armor. I am makeing the main parts of it in a technique similare to Amethyst Angel's technique, but i need the leotard to work off of.
My dad gave me some suggestions for the helmet that might work including using clay to mold it and then using that to make the rest of it. but it will take some time. If any of you are going to fanime or anime expo, I plan to be there in full samus wonderfullness. (btw, those will be my first anime conventions ever i can wait :)
Thanks for the suggestions and help :)

SeymourMother
02-27-2003, 03:23 AM
I wish I could go, I'm broke so I can't do anything until I get my job.

beameabug
02-27-2003, 03:23 AM
yeah i know the feeling, im broke too, but im not gonna let it stop me!!!!!!!

SeymourMother
02-27-2003, 03:26 AM
LOL I have to have money so I can get the stuff for my costumes.

beameabug
02-27-2003, 03:28 AM
hehe yeah.... thats part of the reason i havent been working on my samus costume right now.... hmmm...i got to get my dad to send me up some money....

Yuna
02-27-2003, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by SeymourMother
Nice!!! but then again it depends on what kind of costume you ask right Nessa-San.

Brain (the guy who runs the site) is an amazing craftsmen. Him and Yaya Han made my Chii ears for me and are now commissioning them for anyone who'll pay $60.00 (painted) for 'em. I'm pretty sure he could take on the task (if you're willing to pay for it).

beameabug
02-27-2003, 03:30 AM
yeah i guess, but there is a certin pride in doing it yourself :-D plus i dont got much money, how i manage to still cosplay i dont know....

SeymourMother
02-27-2003, 03:32 AM
LOL. I try to do everything at once don't do that it doesn't get you anywhere...

Yuna
02-27-2003, 03:33 AM
I know exactly what you mean in the pride you get doing it yoursef! ^_~ I honestly don't understand why anyone would commission a costume (unless it was like a friend or something) because most of the fun is in making it yourself.

One of me DREAM costumes is Samus, so I wish you the best of luck!

beameabug
02-27-2003, 03:37 AM
Thanks!!!! :-D
hopefully it will turn out allright... not as good as bioweapons im sure, but it should still be really neat. a bunch of my friends and i are doing a supersmash brothers mele cosplay group and i decied that samus would be fun... well challengeing and fun. maybe some day i'll get into learning to do molds and such and make REALLY cool armor. some day......

*wanders off dreaming of cool armor*

oh btw my next project is athena from angleic layer... i just cant seem to pick anything simple....

SeymourMother
02-27-2003, 03:48 AM
Well then I wish you the best of luck. I must go and work on my costumes. ^^

SailorAndromeda
02-27-2003, 08:59 AM
Just wanna say good luck. I love Samus, and want to cosplay her, but only if I can figure out a good way to do it.
I also want to make an Athena costume! We must have similar tastes, lol.
Good luck, and take lots of pictures to post when you finish!

SeymourMother
02-27-2003, 02:09 PM
Good Luck to you all!!!

beameabug
02-27-2003, 03:02 PM
Thanks I'll be sure to take lots when its done!!!!!

SeymourMother
02-27-2003, 03:07 PM
Yay!! I want to see how it turned out!

DigitalCactus
03-01-2003, 07:49 PM
Hey dont worry Im working off a budget too... Not only that, I'm in a crunch for time.. Even if Otakon is 5 months away, I dont have time to work on a costume.. I work over 40 hours a week and If I'm not at work I'm always out with my girlfriend. She's not really into anime and all so its kinda a no no when she's around... Opposites attract I guess

SeymourMother
03-01-2003, 08:05 PM
Yea that will do it, I know ppl like that... *coughs* my *coughs* parents ^^;;

Lady Somairot
03-01-2003, 09:36 PM
duuuude. which Samus are you making? I'm making her main costume from Metroid Prime for Otakon... we could like share our progress or help each other with ideas or something. wow. I just sounded like ... oy. nevermind. o_O but yeah. ^_^;;

post a pic or something? ^_^ yay for Samus-y goodness. ^_~

SeymourMother
03-01-2003, 09:44 PM
Indeed!! I want to see pictures.