PDA

View Full Version : Anyone cosplaying for Lord of the Rings musical?

Derwin Mak
03-26-2006, 11:35 AM
Probably not what the tuxedo and evening gown crowd expect: is anyone going to watch the new Lord of the Rings musical in costume? Fans do show up to the movie screenings in costume (see that special section about LOTR in last Thursday's Toronto Star), but will they for the stage show?

I walked by the Princess of Wales Theatre on Thursday night as the premiere crowd was walking in. I arrived too late to see the celebs, but I saw Mayor David Miller and notorious drag queen Enza "Supermodel" Anderson. Plenty of tuxedos and evening gowns. Enza had the only "costume", sort of, but it wasn't LOTR, she was wearing a short black dress and white jacket.

By the way, I'll be seeing it with my sister on May 5. Can hardly wait. Anyone else seeing it?

Derwin.

Lanna Waterdrop
03-26-2006, 11:57 AM
Probably not what the tuxedo and evening gown crowd expect: is anyone going to watch the new Lord of the Rings musical in costume? Fans do show up to the movie screenings in costume (see that special section about LOTR in last Thursday's Toronto Star), but will they for the stage show?

I walked by the Princess of Wales Theatre on Thursday night as the premiere crowd was walking in. I arrived too late to see the celebs, but I saw Mayor David Miller and notorious drag queen Enza "Supermodel" Anderson. Plenty of tuxedos and evening gowns. Enza had the only "costume", sort of, but it wasn't LOTR, she was wearing a short black dress and white jacket.

By the way, I'll be seeing it with my sister on May 5. Can hardly wait. Anyone else seeing it?

Derwin.

No, but I definatly wish I could! I'm such a Lord of the Rings fan, and a musical/music geek so its all the better. I know If I went I have a somewhat elven dress I would love to wear there. It would be great! ^^

I hope you enjoy it, people who have seen it said it was completly amazing. I wouldn't doubt it. ^^ have fun!

P.S. I sooo envy you. . .:untrust:

lainey
03-26-2006, 12:05 PM
Ahhh I *really* want to see it!! Hopefully this summer if I can get some tickets.

Machiko
03-26-2006, 12:53 PM
I probably won't... And it's nothing against the musical or LOTR. It's just that I never get around to it. I "planned" on seeing Lion King and then it left the city after ... 5 years? I missed Wicked as well...

I do know a few people in the pit orchestra and they tell me it's a good show :)

[edit: marf... This is Archangeli typing. Didn't realize sister is logged in]

Lady_Sodina
03-26-2006, 02:06 PM
I can't WAIT to see it, I'm going in May with my family, but I'm not doing a costume ^^" Most I may do is wear my knee-length rennaisance like dress... I am so psyched for the show though *^^*

Phae
03-26-2006, 03:09 PM
I missed Wicked as well...

FYI, Wicked is coming back in October. ^^ I missed it the first time, but I have tickets to see it in October!

Lady_Sodina
03-26-2006, 11:19 PM
FYI, Wicked is coming back in October. ^^ I missed it the first time, but I have tickets to see it in October!
Yeah, I heard about it coming back *^^* I want to see it again, oh dear god it's amazing!! Go see it!!!! Such a good play *^^* Les Miserables was also good. I'm really looking forward to LotR though... should be interesting!

Alexia Ishtar
03-27-2006, 12:17 AM
I -thought- about wearing a cosplay, but then I got to thinking..it's probably not really appropriate. Just like I won't be wearing a cosplay to PLAY

TribalButterfly
03-27-2006, 10:57 AM
I'm not going to be cosplaying anything from LOTR, BUT My boyfriend and I are going to go see it for our 4 Year Anniversary, in May! :) Woo Hoo!

I'll just be in normal "thearter going" attire though :)

archangeli
03-27-2006, 11:22 PM

I know it's coming back, but I can't plan ahead for November until I get my performance contracts and whatnot settled :bigtu:

One of the ladies I sing with made it to the final round of auditions for LOTR. I think she was up for the role of Rosie (Sam the hobbit's wife). She ended up not getting it, but the irony is that in the reviews section last week our choir got raves and LOTR got panned :schitzo: