PDA

View Full Version : Sephiroth clone hits Cosplay.com

Sefuirosu
08-01-2002, 06:53 AM
Hi, I'm sure I'm not the first person around here to like FFVII, or be obsessed with Sephiroth, but I thought I'd take the time to explain who I am and stuff here, rather than post YET another "Hi, I'm a newbie, love me!" thread. Skip to the last paragraph if you don't care :D

16 year old male, played FFVII (Final Fantasy 7, from squaresoft, for the PlayStation) in 1998. Fell in love with it, and the character of Sephiroth (before he changed at Nibelheim). Who wouldn't, strong, handsome, tall, a legendary warrior (for any discerning admins who wish to give me a custom title off the bat, Rejindery Sorudeeru is what I use elsewhere, but I don't expect anything just yet :p) and feared throughout the known world.

I started martial arts a while back, ju jitsu with combined kobudo which is pretty much what the original samurai practiced. I also do swordplay in Viking style, and for a while I did the martial form of Tai Chi. This means I've got three swords, a pair of nunchaku, throwing knives, vambraces, various armour of a non-authentic variation, two shields (round and kite) and a collection of penknives from silly people in town who try to mug me.

Skip to the next paragraph if you don't care again, but my swords are a large part of my life and so deserve detail here. Elise: a katana-cum-bastard sword due to the hilt being reforged in metal rather than ceramic after an accident, shifting the balance back a lot; Honey: a chinese broadsword with a brass hilt crosspiece/pommel and wooden haft; and Behemoth, a Viking broadsword, blunt, grey mist steel, probably my strongest blade but the least impressive.

I have a strong sense of chivalry and try and follow the pertinent facets of that and bushido, helping others weaker and such for little or no rewards asked for, and it seems to happen a fair bit. But onto the bit you're all interested in, my current costume:

I have a black leather trenchcoat, first off, had it for a coupla years, and I've grown into it in such a way that it is the right length for Sephiroth's coat. The vambraces were specifically made to fit over the sleeves, although they need new thonging to stay up high enough. when I get round to affixing the leather onto them they should look like the SOLDIER issue vambraces that Cloud wears, as I can't find any bangles around the wrists. The coat is lambskin, but tough (I've had a few fights in it) but the gauntlets are black leather biker gloves, cowhide, plain black now I've taken all the labels off. I haven't been able to make any carapace armour for my shoulders, or find any, and I was rather hoping someone on here could help me with those. Also, I need myself a good belt for inside the coat, the SOLDIER one, any Cloud/Zack/other Sephiroth cosplayers able to help me out? My boots are good steel toecapped ones, and although not high enough for Seph length they do me for school as well, so I can't complain, and I'll probably just get some bangles to go around my calves in the end, no point shelling out massive amounts of money for them if these will do.

Finally, my hair. As you can see in the pics you'll be taken to if you click on the Website link (not the ones in my sig, they're the other places I go on the net) in my profile, it's dark brown, verging on black if I stay out of the sun. I know this isn't Seph colour, but sue me, I like this :p I've been growing it, and it's currently just got into a ponytail. I'm training the front two spikes to point downwards, and after some persuasion they reach down to my cheeks, although they reach longer when not tied up and waxed. My hair is naturally curly, so this will always be an uphill struggle, heh.

So, there I am, newbie here, vet other places, but definitely a newbie to cosplay. If anyone has any hints or tips about my hair, the armour, the belt, or just generally how to behave on these forums, it'd be greatly appreciated. And now the bit you've all been waiting for: I'm a newbie, love me! ^_^

Neon Genocide
08-01-2002, 07:29 AM
Nice discription. Welcome Sefuirosu...

Sefuirosu
08-01-2002, 07:35 AM
Eep, forgot to put what everyone should call me (I'm british btw, heh). Call me Sef, please. It's so much easier, heheh. Anyone go to ffgurus btw? I'm not sure if the admin Aeris is the Aeris we have there, she's strikingly similar...

Tenjou
08-01-2002, 09:07 AM
^_^ Hi Sef! *hands him a rose* XD, I've never played FF. all I have is a NES system!! lol.

Neon Genocide
08-01-2002, 09:11 AM
man are you missing out on some kickin games tenjou, though my personal favorite was the original final fantasy for the NES

Sefuirosu
08-01-2002, 09:24 AM
Well, they're damned good, FFVII being my favourite of the lot, heh. I've played about half of them, completed only a few though because my old comp with my emu (ooh, ROMs, I'm a bad boy! :p) but FFVII has my heart. I'm going through it for it must be my eighth time completely, and I'm writing the walkthrough for another site, so it's all good to me :D

*smells the rose* ahh... If you're not careful I'll quote Shakespeare soonish :)

Tenjou
08-01-2002, 09:52 AM
No kidding neon lol. I wanted to get the newest FF, but it's around $50, then the system is $200. @_@ I need money XD

^^:: I heard the FF are really great. 8 times? wow. ^_^ hehe, I'll talk to you later Romeo lol

Yggdrasil Pie
08-01-2002, 10:46 AM
Wai!!! Hiya!!!!! Welcome Welcome! I'm Koko, Nice to meet you! *Gives a blue origami flower*
I love FFVII!!! Hehe....and I'm obsessed with Vincent.... ^^;;;
Sephiroth was my one of favorite characters...before he killed Aeris... T_T

Neon Genocide
08-01-2002, 10:51 AM
Yeah the original was the hardest out of all the FF series and that’s why its my favorite of them all. Each time they make a new one comes out the difficulty level is decreased (at least on the psx ones). If you get buy the graphix being on an 8 bit system sucks but the game play is awesome. So far I have beaten all the final fantasy's at least twice even *cough* mystic quest (which should have never held the name Final Fantasy) but oh well. I would like to get a hold of the gameboy FF’s I unfortunately have them on roms along with FF2 and FF3, which were never released in America.

Ayaka
08-01-2002, 05:12 PM
You're a GUY who likes Sephiroth? Wow. XD I love Sephiroth . . . although I'm still trying to get my hands on that resin figure after passing it up cause I didn't have the $75 on the last day of the con. XP

Anyway. Welcome! Here's your welcome Pocky!

Legato/Machan
08-01-2002, 07:07 PM
Wow, pretty big introduction.
I'm Legato/Machan, nice to meet you!
Sword lover? I like swords too, got one katana and my wonderful sashimi knife (a sushi-man never leave your knife). But I still prefer the empity hand martial arts!
And, YEAH! Sephiroth rocks!!!

Sefuirosu
08-01-2002, 10:10 PM
Well, I'm a guy and I'm not homosexually loving Seph here, it's just I can appreciate the character alot and stuff >_>

I feel dirty ;_;

And yeah, I like ju jitsu alot more than the weapons stuff I do in oriental martial arts, but I love freestyle swordplay like I do at Vik, so, it's a tie :D

shadowangelhr5
10-12-2003, 06:58 PM
another martial artist that loves sharp shiny things :big grin:
welcome to cosplay friend, call me shadow

Sweet Setsuna
10-12-2003, 09:33 PM
Hey, cool. I do martial arts, too. :)

BlueLady
10-14-2003, 12:25 AM
wow super intro.. Hello and welcome to our insanity!!

Im a sword nut as well.. but fencing is mainly my thing.

well welcome anyhow and enjoy your time here!!

Jehuty
10-14-2003, 09:09 AM
Welcome to the forums Sefuirosu it's a pleasure to meet you. If you have any questions please feel free to PM or IM me and i'll help you to the best of my ablities. I hope you enjoy this site and meet a lot of new people, and maybe make some new friends here. I'll look forward to seeing more post from you shortly. takecare and enjoy yourself.

archangeli
10-14-2003, 09:17 PM
Welcome to the boards!!

You talk too much -_-''
Just post a pic next time :D
*bwa ha ha*