PDA

View Full Version : Who all was there?

Zell dincht
03-27-2006, 10:27 AM
hey guys, i was only able to show up for saturday in my incomplete kingdom hearts sephiroth, so who all went?

Seraphims
03-27-2006, 10:53 AM
I was there all Weekend in My Mai costume from KoF Maximum Impact. Hi to everyone^^

Escr1m3ur
03-27-2006, 11:08 AM
Yup, I was there. I was timejump!Sakura on friday and saturday (and running around with a chibi timejump!Gaara, Kiba, and Tenten). It was fun, but I swear... my group needs to learn the advantages of just relaxing and doing whatever. :P

Crimson Deity
03-27-2006, 11:30 AM
I was there Friday night and Saturday afternoon wearing my Myaku Kaoru (Dir en grey) cosplay both days because I didn't finish my Cage Kaoru cosplay in time.

It was a beastly awesome fun time, but I think I messed up my shoulders from carrying the guitar around all day both days. ^^;

-FLCL-Amarao
03-27-2006, 12:01 PM
I was there on Friday and Sunday, wandering out of costume. But on Saturday I was the 8 foot tall Canti that was chilling in the lobby (mostly cause Ops wouldn't let me leave the lobby). I was also in the cosplay that night as Canti and won the "Most Magnificent Failure" (Emcee's Choice) award... I'm just wondering if anyone in the audience actually knew what happened.......

Amethyst Angel
03-27-2006, 01:25 PM
I was there on Friday and Sunday, wandering out of costume. But on Saturday I was the 8 foot tall Canti that was chilling in the lobby (mostly cause Ops wouldn't let me leave the lobby). I was also in the cosplay that night as Canti and won the "Most Magnificent Failure" (Emcee's Choice) award... I'm just wondering if anyone in the audience actually knew what happened.......

I feel your pain (I was wearing the 7 foot tall Alphonse armor). I didn't reckon on how hard it would be to get into the costume and go up the stairs to the stage. (I should have brought a plywood board to set down on the stairs to use as a ramp. I also should have exercised a little more and built up my stamina before trying to wear such a costume for any length of time -_- ).

sylus
03-27-2006, 01:58 PM
i was kurono from ganzt for a little bit on friday but it wasnt the most comfy costume so i switched to reno for the rest of the weekend. (i was the reno in the cosplay contest)

ddrgamer
03-27-2006, 02:09 PM
I got there a little late Friday since I wasn't feeling too well and I only ended up bringing one costume. You might remember me as the guy with the gasmask spraypainting in the parking lot on saturday morning or the 90% completed Reno from FFVII Before Crisis/Last Order on Saturday night.

Zell dincht
03-27-2006, 03:17 PM
to ddrgamer: I saw you as reno lol.

to crimson: I remember you, I got you to hug me haha.

Reikou Hitakana
03-27-2006, 03:20 PM
I was there all weekend as Seifer Almasy from Final Fantasy VIII. Despite the mass number of photos taken of me, nobody's posted any yet x.x; Also you may have seen me running around like a chicken with my head cut off doing cosplay prep stuff x.x Stress baaaad. Anyway, I was the head Stage Ninja getting people on and off and keeping things moving back stage during the masquerade. Again, I need to apologize to Amethyst Angel if we man handled you at all trying to get you on stage. I've been trying to get a ramp, but it doesn't look as if the hotel actually has one, so yeah a sturdy ramp might be good for future projects.

Rurouni Teeter
03-27-2006, 03:25 PM
I was Vincent, only Vincent there, so I bet I wasn't hard to see, I went Saturday and Sunday.:bigtu:
I still gotta edit my signature...

sylus
03-27-2006, 03:44 PM
there was actualy 2 vincents there... i got pics of both somewhere.

Rurouni Teeter
03-27-2006, 03:49 PM
Oh my bad then...
Well I'll have a picture of me soon.

Serria
03-27-2006, 04:49 PM
Hey all! ^__^

On Friday I was Princess Zelda. Saturday morning I was Nel Zelpher (and was pleasantly surprised when people recognized me!) and then in the afternoon I was Aeris Gainsborough.

I had a great time seeing you all again, and meeting some for the first time! :D What a fun con! Hopefully I'll have pictures up soon.

Hitokiri83
03-27-2006, 06:26 PM
I was there. It was my first time at Detour...

I was cosplaying Dante from Devil May Cry 3, and I was the one that actually resembled Dante.:bigtu:

Singe
03-27-2006, 06:30 PM
I ran around as Fai D. Flowrite for most of theweekend, except for Friday night when I randomly switched to my random/ghetto/original Sasuke costume that had all the CN fanboys asking what was up with the slashed through Konoha symbol. ..and I was too lazy to put on the Kyo costume...

Crimson Deity
03-27-2006, 06:46 PM
to crimson: I remember you, I got you to hug me haha.
Ah yes, I remember that! You were one of the few people who hugged me who was tall enough not to get completely mauled over by the guitar. ^^;
But, yeah. I was totally surprised to be recognized by so many people this year! Jrock must have caught on more since AD05. ^__^

kyokia
03-27-2006, 10:15 PM
I was there for the weekend in my Time Jump Hinata costume

gothicsongbird
03-27-2006, 10:29 PM
I was there for Friday and Saturday. Friday I was dressed as Mana from Moi Dix Mois, and on Saturday I was dressed as my original character. I was in a leopard print hat with a green check tie.

Ninja Weasel
03-27-2006, 10:38 PM
I was there as well. I was the Cloud Strife with the really spikey hair and uber big sword.

And just to let you all know, my hair is still spikey, though it won't be in about 10 minutes due to the fact that I do not believe it will survive water, shampoo and conditioner.

Brynner
03-28-2006, 02:21 AM
Friday--(Gym outfit) Asuka from Evangelion (with Rei)
Saturday--same as above, for about an hour, then Thief Rikku from Final Fantasy X-2 (with Alchemist Rikku)
Sunday--Kyo from Fruits Basket

Yay :D

hibekisensai
03-28-2006, 08:37 AM
I was at Detour as well! Lady Aoi and I were wandering around, and i was the asian guy taking lots of pics!!! I will post pics tonight!!

**Edit** Brynner- I have a great shot of you with a friend in your rikku cosplay!! (check out my gallery later tonight!)

**Edit** My AD2006 gallery is up! check it out!

tara_davis
03-28-2006, 10:41 AM
Friday--(Gym outfit) Asuka from Evangelion (with Rei)
Saturday--same as above, for about an hour, then Thief Rikku from Final Fantasy X-2 (with Alchemist Rikku)
Sunday--Kyo from Fruits Basket

Yay :D

I saw you as Theif Rikku, but missed your Asuka.

Mad props to all giant armors and/or robots.

(I was the male Miaka with the all-female Suzaku Seven)

AllStarAlice
03-28-2006, 01:47 PM
Yay Brynn! You looked hawt in all your costumes XDDD

I was Adora from Magna Carta on Friday, and Lady from Devil May Cry 3 on Saturday~ I was walking around with Voltz who was Vergil.

Frozen Zabuza
03-28-2006, 04:01 PM
I was there as Momochi Zabuza all weekend (the one with the wood sword!!!)
and yes it was awsome lugging it around.

ddrgamer
03-28-2006, 04:08 PM
You were the Zabuza from the Bemani room that let me hold his sword right? That thing was so nice quality.

Brynner
03-28-2006, 04:16 PM
Yay Brynn! You looked hawt in all your costumes XDDD

I was Adora from Magna Carta on Friday, and Lady from Devil May Cry 3 on Saturday~ I was walking around with Voltz who was Vergil.

So did you :D

Zell dincht
03-28-2006, 06:00 PM
Serria: you still mad i killed you? lol fun meeting up with you again.
hitokiri: were you the dante that the one kid in the silver thought you were vash?
and crimso: who doesn't know kaoru he rocks, i bought kisou there before i left.

Serria
03-28-2006, 07:11 PM

Yes! Jerk! Haha, just kidding. It was fun seeing you again too, sorry I didn't recognize you right away. >_< You were Zell last year!

I was there as well. I was the Cloud Strife with the really spikey hair and uber big sword.

And just to let you all know, my hair is still spikey, though it won't be in about 10 minutes due to the fact that I do not believe it will survive water, shampoo and conditioner.

That was a really cool costume!!

Yeah, though, you all looked so wonderful! I applaud all of you.

~XxUsagiRinixX~
03-28-2006, 10:10 PM
hi guys ^^ i was there from thurs. to sun. but i dressed up as kadaj on friday and saturday

Hitokiri83
03-28-2006, 10:53 PM
hitokiri: were you the dante that the one kid in the silver thought you were vash?
and crimso: who doesn't know kaoru he rocks, i bought kisou there before i left.

Yeah, that was me. I wanted to kill that kid...

I could also be seen hanging with Voltz and AllStarAlice for much of the day. Props to you two for your costumes.:rockon:

Zell dincht
03-29-2006, 09:38 AM
Yeah, that was me. I wanted to kill that kid...

I could also be seen hanging with Voltz and AllStarAlice for much of the day. Props to you two for your costumes.:rockon:
be happy you didn't goto school with him he was senor my freshman year last year >_< it was annoying! and i had to borrow three dollars from him AD05....

so I could buy my gackt

kereneko
03-29-2006, 07:22 PM
I was there!! and costumeless! on saturday I wore a Will work for anime tee shirt.. my menchi hat (with added buttons and pins...) and I had a yuki backpack! later that day I bought a naruto headband thing so I added that to my hat!

on sunday i wore a "you know what your problem is? Your stupid.." shirt with my yuki backpack and I bought a white kitty hat from Pawstar ( dealers room ) I loaded it up with more button, naruto headband, and those little wing clips from the dealers room... >__<

on saturday I also had a friend.. she had the kuroneko backpack and a penguin hat loaded with a few buttons!

we acted hyper and crazy! O__O

If anyone spotted us let me know!! ^__^

Seventh_Sin
03-29-2006, 10:10 PM
I was Wrath from FMA all the days. I'd appreciate any pictures of me, since I barely have any.

Jen-neko
03-29-2006, 11:03 PM
I was there all three days with my boyfriend Jared (Krylo). We dressed up as Hero and Jessica from Dragon Quest 8 on Friday (there was another Hero and Jessica duo there, and though I saw a couple pictures of them, for some reason I can't seem to find any pictures of us..). On Saturday he was Shigure from Fruits Basket and I was Mamimi from FLCL (some of you might've seen me posing with Canti on Saturday for a little while :3). Didn't dress up on Sunday. I needed a break from the costumes...Jared was lucky, both of his were comfortable =x_x=

unruled power
03-30-2006, 05:50 PM
Our group was there. We consisted of Twin Ichigo's from bleach, an Asuma from Naruto, and the armored barry from FMA. What did everyone think of our costumes?

unruled power
03-30-2006, 05:54 PM
Also, we have many pictures. I'm trying to arrange them and get them into a photo album and post them.

Lunaxa
03-30-2006, 08:42 PM
Hi everybody!

I'm a bit shy to post on Cosplay.com .. but here goes.

I was Princess Tomoyo from Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE on Friday afternoon and Saturday afternoon. Maroon/plum kimono like thing, but probably the most noticeable stuff as the nifty headdress with the spifftastic trinkets hanging down. I'm looking for photos of her with the fan since I forgot to bring it on Friday. ^_^;;

On Saturday morning and all-day Sunday I was Rena Lanford from Star Ocean: The Second Story. Noted for elf ears, really, REALLY long red cape, and uh.. lots of primary colors I guess. Any photos of her too would be much appreciated!

I was also the silly person who crappily sang "Cruel Angel Thesis" very, very badly at Karaoke on Saturday night.

Frozen Zabuza
03-30-2006, 09:26 PM
I got to give a shout out your Aeris/aerith was F'n awsome!!!!!

Faith's Mistres
03-30-2006, 09:58 PM
I was there as Princess Serenity on Saturday morning and RoseBride Anthy sunday night. *sigh* sorry if I took anyone out with my monster hoop skirt! ;)

*dawn! lovely lulu, where are you??*

Jen-neko
03-30-2006, 10:34 PM
I was also the silly person who crappily sang "Cruel Angel Thesis" very, very badly at Karaoke on Saturday night.

You got awesome points for improving so well :D You should've gotten a prize for that!

Vulchu
04-02-2006, 01:07 AM
Hey I was there! I was...the emcee XD

Seriously, thou. Friday was Sorincha from Kakurenbo (very limited costume, nasty uncomfortable) and late Friday/Saturday I was Albert from Gankutsuou.

I wanna give mad props to the Yoruichi that I kept on running into, she was something totally awesome. As well as the Matsumoto and to whoever was doing Allen from D. Grey-man, if they're about. I wanted to bring my Komui costume after I saw that but it was back at home XD ah well, c'est la vive.

Also, a big huzzah to everyone who participated in our masquerade! :D Congrats to all of you! It takes guts to get up on stage and you all did fantastic!

Hitokiri83
04-03-2006, 03:14 AM
be happy you didn't goto school with him he was senor my freshman year last year >_< it was annoying! and i had to borrow three dollars from him AD05....

so I could buy my gackt

You went to school with the alien kid? The one that had foil on his head...?

shinitama
04-03-2006, 08:30 PM
I was Jakotsu (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Shinitama/cosplay%20pics/eeheehee.jpg) for Friday and Saturday... and I was just in plainclothes for Sunday (I was only there for a few hours that day...7:30 till 10 AM.) I was very impressed by a good deal of the costumes I saw.

Friday was Sorincha from Kakurenbo (very limited costume, nasty uncomfortable) and late Friday/Saturday I was Albert from Gankutsuou.

I wanna give mad props to the Yoruichi that I kept on running into, she was something totally awesome. As well as the Matsumoto and to whoever was doing Allen from D. Grey-man, if they're about. I wanted to bring my Komui costume after I saw that but it was back at home XD ah well, c'est la vive.

I know that Allen! :D Coincidentally, she was cosplaying as Inmu from Kakurenbo on Friday (and was Bankotsu to my Jakotsu on Saturday afternoon.) I have a few (er... two) pictures from the Gankutsuo photoshoot in my gallery. The costumes have always fascinated me, even though I've never seen the series. ^^;

Also, I loved your sockless sock puppets. <3

Gothic_Catboy
04-04-2006, 03:28 AM
Well, I guess this means that most everyone has recovered from their post con hangover?

CarolynCosplay
04-11-2006, 02:06 AM
I had a lot of fun cosplaying at my first AD. I was miniskirt and tube top Jill Valentine on friday, - big props to the girl who was STARS uniform Jill on Saturday! -:bigtu:

And ........... I was Tira form Soul Calibur III on Saturday.

Nice Zabuza (who took my pic)

Yay!

'Bring it Beefsteak!'-Rikku FFX-2

Hyperion
04-23-2006, 04:43 PM
Valor Form Sora on Friday all day, and Final Form Sora Saturday night (cosplay competition and on) and all day Sunday as well

I had lots of fun

KHRiku_4ever
04-25-2006, 04:01 PM
Original mode Sora all day friday, Riku in organization coat on saturday all day until the cosplay competition, I wore my new KH2 riku costume for the cosplay competition and all day sunday. Twas much fun, and glompage, and pocky eatage, and kakurenbo taging, and what not. I suppose picture taking could have been added as well, yes picture taking is what goes good with cosplaying, along side glomping. Next year will be even better yet. I definantly miss it already though, so it better come fast!

Proz
04-28-2006, 04:19 AM
Came all the way from Texas for this con. Finally did a long (5+ page) writeup of my trip there in my LJ. It was rewarding.

http://proz.livejournal.com/327551.html

Ichiro
04-30-2006, 06:59 PM
I was Gwendal from Kyou kara maou for part of saturday and part of friday the other parts of both days i was Urahara. I was the Urahara that didnt have a hat for Friday and on saturday the stripes were made of tape. If any one has any pics of me id be thankful for them thanks.

CapsuleCorp
04-30-2006, 09:55 PM
The pics Yuuri and I got with you are in both our galleries, Ichiro - mine and GreenFire's. :) they came out really well, I like them. I'm glad we got to meet up, there should be more Kyou Kara Maou in the world!