PDA

View Full Version : Gackt cosplay

twentystitches
02-21-2003, 05:47 PM
I'm planning to start my Mizerable Gackt costume, which is the black one in the desert scenes. But I've been stumped, under the jacket he wears he has a mesh like shirt, but it has rather large holes. I think it would be easy to buy if only it didn't cover his hands. --;;

Not sure if the picture is very clear though you can get a general idea. o.O Does anyone know how to make these kinds of shirts or where I can buy one that looks like that, complete with the half glove thing? Truthfully I'd rather make it. ^^;; Thanks!

TsukiGuujin
03-01-2003, 01:51 AM
I think there are two shirts there, CyberWolf. I would make the top one and rip it up some, and then either buy one to go under it (in a couple sizes to big) and cut "thumb holes" or make sleeves and cut thumb holes. Or maybe make the whole shirt, but you know. ^^

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

twentystitches
03-01-2003, 06:57 AM
^^;;; Cyber Wolf? *looks around thread* *laughs* ano...^^;;; She had a Shinya avatar too ne?

Someone replied, yay! *nods* I figured doing the buying the mesh part of the shirt a couple of sides bigger and making finger holes would work. I'm making the leather part if I ever get to buy a stupid leather foot. ~.~;; I'd make the mesh shirt too, but I can't knit, and I really don't want to learn too.

die-sama
03-01-2003, 02:22 PM
i've seen some sweaters like thoe around in thrift shops and one today at value city..it was really large u could probably sew the closing at the bottom or just stick ur fingers through the holes and sew it shut?

Cyber Wolf
03-01-2003, 07:10 PM
(eh, mixups are kowaii, ne? ^^;;; )

*dies* I love that outfit! Can't wait to see when it's done. I think you could probably find some kind of mesh shirt like that too. Then alter it if you need to ^^

TsukiGuujin
03-01-2003, 09:44 PM
>.<

Tsuki is a moron. WOOT! Forgive me, Faiths Demon. *bows*

~~Tsuki~~

twentystitches
03-01-2003, 09:53 PM
^_^ No worries Tsuki!

;_; I have no value city stores near my house but we have a bunch of thrift stores. I'll go check them out hopefully tomorrow. ^_^ Thanks die-chan!

--;; I've barely even started and I can wait until this is done, hehe. X_x And for something offtopic, I love your avatar Cyber Wolf. Made me lick my computer screen in a fangirl fit. *Is very weird ^o^*Er...not very tasty my screen is. Going to brush my teeth now..

Cyber Wolf
03-01-2003, 10:30 PM
XD lol. I was kinda going for that effect actually. Makes me think of that Human League song, "Don't You Want Me". Love your av too btw; Shin looks totally vunerable there ;) *howls* Good luck with your costume! ^^

Marty
03-12-2003, 03:46 AM
Where are you wearing your Gackt costume to? I'm wearing a Gackt Mizerable to either Otakon or Animazement this year...it's the one with the large black captain's jacket with the rows of gold buttons down the front, and the black cape with the high burgundy collar on it (I think it's just known as Prince Gackt). It's my favorite Gackt costume of all! If you're going to the same cons, let me know! :)

twentystitches
03-12-2003, 05:44 AM
^_^ I'll be going to Otakon this year and bringing this costume too! I might even make the tan outfit he wears in the same video if I have the time..
I don't know what your costume is called either but Prince Gackt fits. *laughs* I like that costume but I would never be able to do all the detail. Good luck!

I saw your costume at Katsu(the one in your avatar) It was very pretty. ^_^ Just had to kinda say that. ^^;;;;