PDA

View Full Version : I'm running a New Anime Con in DC, need HELP!

Jinmaster
03-29-2006, 10:13 AM
Hello,

I started my events last year by just running hardcore gaming events, and called them VTYME (Virginia takes your money Everytime!) I have been running gaming events for years, and I have the pull to host a 500 man gaming tournament. I want to use that power, and combine the anime, art, and cosplay fans to one day create a 'Super Anime/Gaming-Con'

I have a friend in GMU (George Mason University) who is the lead at the Anime Club up there and he will be helping me out. However, I need all help I can get, as well as idea's in order to make this HUGE.

I hope to gather 500 hardcore gamers, and 500 casual gamers/cosplay, art, and anime fans.

If you are interested in sharing your ideas with me, or would like to help out in this event, PLEASE CONTACT ME!!!

AIM Det Jinmaster
EMAIL michael.brandt@langley.af.mil

Thank you, and if anyone knows other 'big' sites to go to, please let me know. I need all the help I can get.

Jinmaster.

Ichigogami
03-29-2006, 11:12 PM
I know a few people whom are staff at actual con larps and such, i am also pretty good at planning, lemme know if you want some extra brainnage

Jinmaster
05-10-2006, 08:51 PM
Hello

I have some updates on my con.

A few members have contact me (THANKS SO MUCH)

My partner and I are emailing Anime Distributors to have thier hottest crap showing.

I have a 11,000 sq ft room

and either 1 or 2 theatre's where we can showcase anime.

I also have many other rooms, and I will have an artist alley (NEED MORE ARTISTS BTW) and I am currently talking with local business' to set up some vendor booths.

Everything looks great, but if anyone has anything they would like to add, or has any suggestions, pls let me know! I am open to EVERYTHING!

I have been updating the site, and its' ALMOST done..

www.vtyme.com

Jinmaster

Bagu
05-10-2006, 09:13 PM
Something like this might be nice tucked in that lull period between Otakon and AnimeUSA.
Have you approached any of the hotels and checked pricing to see if it can be made into a hotel con?
(Hmmm that might be something to ask the AnimeUSA committee)

Jinmaster
05-10-2006, 10:04 PM
Something like this might be nice tucked in that lull period between Otakon and AnimeUSA.
Have you approached any of the hotels and checked pricing to see if it can be made into a hotel con?
(Hmmm that might be something to ask the AnimeUSA committee)

What do you mean by that? Do you have any exp. doing that yourself?

Bagu
05-11-2006, 12:33 AM
What do you mean by that? Do you have any exp. doing that yourself?

No, but its not exactly rocket science to inquire at some hotels to get some rates for a weekend convention. The 11K space you have might be fine for congoers in the DC Metro area, but if you want to attract the people from out of state, you'll have to progress to a hotel con.

Its great you'd like to do a con, but they're almost liking running a business. If it were me, I'd be inquiring to some of the organizations running the smaller cons (AnimeUSA for one) and get some operating statistics.

Lycoris
05-11-2006, 08:56 AM
oh just to let you know- your thread on the NVAA forum finally got some responses from people- you might want to check it out. ^_^