PDA

View Full Version : Calling all people with common sense...

Tetsie Seshi
03-30-2006, 08:40 AM
I have been informed by staff that I have the option of opening a panel to where people can show off their 'mad skilz' with costume/prop creation. I am looking for some volunteers who are willing and able to help me with this. I want to start a trend at AWA if this weapons/props policy is going to be what sticks for AWA, I want there to be a dealer's room, an art room, and a photographer's room (or space, if it is to be outside to seclude it from a larger mass of the con) I am trying to figure out what all the regulations are for opening said panel - but if you are willing to donate an hour of your time on Friday and Sunday (Saturday is the cosplay contest, so no need for a photography area) please send me a PM. I will post more information when I get it...

REQUIREMENTS - PLEASE...for the love of ALL fictional, welldrawn, bad-!@*$ character dieties in anime - have common sense. Those working at the panel will NOT have the right to be a prick. You are going to be there to inforce a policy in a small area of the con, but not to let the power go to your head. I have NOT been told this will even be 'Staff' of the con. The way I see it happenning (NOTE: this is speculation, I'm still waiting to contact a staff member and get the FULL information) is we will have an area away from the entrance to the con, and away from the bulk of the traffic. I will tell people where it is, and as of now, I may put up signs showing where it is. We will most likely be in a place where the operations for the con AND the hotel that is HOSTING our con will be in any way hindered...

If someone starts acting a fool in our photo area, they will be warned only once. If they are spoken to again about doing anything else stupid, they will be asked to leave, we will stamp their tag, showing they have been removed from the area. There will be a doorman/woman checking badges. Only allowing those people who haven't been proven moronic into the area. If someone starts getting roudy and arguing with anyone, let alone those thoughtful enough to offer their time for this, we will NOT show them how much their Alucard boots hurt when kicked with them. We will be given a set of instructions on how to deal with these people, and they will be taken care of by those trained to do so.

Again, this is ONLY my thoughts of how I want this to turn out, I am still waiting to contact staff, and if I don't have enough help, I am just going to drop the idea.

For more information/questions/comments/volunteers - contact me in PM...

Tetsie Seshi
03-30-2006, 12:03 PM
Ok...I guess nobody has common sense (except the 1 who sent me a PM :} thanks for someone showing an interest in making this con something cosplayers can once again enjoy...more

kitsunered
03-30-2006, 02:04 PM
Dude, you barely gave three hours for people to respond. Some of us can't check these boards every five minutes. Some people only check them once a week!

And honestly I'd be interested in helping, but if I'm working as con staff, I may be unable to. I'll let you know.

Tetsie Seshi
03-30-2006, 03:41 PM
I understand not everyone checks that often, but when computers aren't breaking at work, and I have nothing to do, 3 hours is a long time :P

phantomthief
03-30-2006, 07:30 PM
XD I do think this is a good alternative, but I have my doubts for it becoming anything solid :\

You can't really blame them after last year...
But even so, you get major kudos for being a cosplayer that cares =^.^=

~Ari-chan

ZiggyB
03-30-2006, 08:10 PM
Tetsie Seshi: I've already warned you not to bump your own thread. I've also warned you that if you bumped your thread needlessly again, your thread will be locked. Which is what I'm doing now.

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=1345585#post1345585

Do not create another thread with the same subject again. If you do, not only will your thread be locked, you will be banned as well.