PDA

View Full Version : Costume-Con 24 Anime/Cosplay Meetup

Dany
03-30-2006, 01:13 PM
I mentioned this in another part of the forum before we got our own sub-spot (yaaaay Admin!!!!), but I'll mention it here in a bit more of a formal thread.

Costume-Con, as far as I know, has yet much in the lines of an anime cosplay meetup, as tends to happen at anime cons. As a result, I figure it can't hurt to get a bunch of people together in anime costumes (and those who just want to look at them!) for a little bit of a meetup/gather/'take my picture!' sort of thing.

Details will be forthcoming once I get a better idea of the layout and schedules, but I'd like to get an idea of those who plan to attend who might be interested. Even if it ends up a small gathering of people, it might be the start of something that can continue on for future Costume-Cons :)

I am thinking that D and I might come in our Robin and Amon costumes if it's on a Saturday, and maybe Lotor if it's a Sunday. No promises yet until we get closer :D

grandis
03-30-2006, 01:45 PM
Well, shoot, I'm up for this. Here's a schedule of what Nemo and I are planning on, and most of its anime, so this is purdy darned easy for us.:bigtu:

Friday Night: Abel Nightroad and Noelle Bor

Saturday early: Anubis and Guide
Saturday later: Haydee and The Count of Monte Cristo
Saturday Masquerade: Caterina Sforza

Sunday early: Janetta of the Fae
Sunday later: Belldandy

We'll have to take off during the afternoon Sunday, especially if I end up on a Fulbright to Russia which leaves Monday!

But I think that an anime meet up Saturday or Sunday is infinitely dooable.

Grandis

Eleryth
03-30-2006, 07:43 PM
Count me in for CC25! The cos I'm planning for the masq is from a Korean video game... I know that's not anime, but it was released in Japan and is popular with the cosplay crowd.

OH, Belldandy! I've always wanted a Bell costume... she was my first favorite character!

grandis
04-01-2006, 01:15 AM
Now that we've received news that I AM going to Russia (God bless you, Fulbright Hayes!) earlier Sunday is better for me, as I must away in the afternoon, potentially to Chicago.

Friday and early(er) Saturday are also good. I'm not giving up the idea that I'll have Caterina in the masquerade yet, although I may well not.

Grandis