PDA

View Full Version : Spots in Pictures

Mistress_Aine
03-31-2006, 07:48 PM
After I returned from Katsucon and looked at my pictures I noticed a lot of spots (looks like little orbs) in my pictures. I thought it was just the location, you know possibly more dust than other areas or something similar and it was just getting picked up by the flash. Tonight I went through some of my past pictures and the little spots are in every picture so I am figuring now it is dust in my camera. I have a Kodak EasyShare CX7300. Any advice on what I can do?

Lynx
03-31-2006, 08:22 PM
I used to work for Kodak doing camera repair. I'd have to see sample images to be sure what the problem is but it does sound like atmospheric dust. If you check the exif information for the files, i'm sure that the flash fired in every shot that shows the spots. If you want, you could send me a sample jiro@rochester.rr.com.

SolarTempest
03-31-2006, 10:06 PM
Well, I'm no Kodak technician like Lynx, but I experienced a similar occurrence years ago with my Pentax. If there's a bit of dirt/grunge on your lens, and under the right conditions, the flash will illuminate them. A bright lamp shining across the front of the lens is a quick way of checking for this.

I just carefully cleaned my lens and everything was good to go from there. Digitals are usually sealed decently, so I think dust or dirt inside is a less likely cause.

MrFreeman
04-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Hey i have had the same problem with my shitty Hp R607.
Well now I own a much better camera and all those problems have seemed to go away. Well i guess its because i did not really care for the other one as much.

Vicky
04-13-2006, 04:55 PM
I was a photo lab technician as well for a few years and I agree, it's probably dust in the air. I doubt it's on the lense, but you could try cleaning it and take some random photos in different places.
Certain flashes are more sensitive to dust reflection than others. You may even be able to play with the flash settings to tone it down. I haven't been "in the business" for a long time so I'm not familiar with that camera if it's a common problem.
Steve's Digicams didn't mention it being a problem so I'm going to side with the high probability the atmosphere at the convention was dustier than the average location. That isn't uncommon :)

Aside from that, photoshop?

Moonprincess
04-14-2006, 05:15 AM
When I make pictures there are alot of things who are bugging me (people on the background, spots, light, ...) but I have Adobe Photoshop CS2 who helps me out every time. So, if you have a software to edit pictures you can make your photos look realy nice. Then you wouldn't have to worry when you are taking the pictures and don't forget if you stress during a photoshoot, you look terrible!

Jadenyuki
04-16-2006, 08:33 AM
Most of the time that you see the pictures with spots there was a lot of dust and the light wether it is a flash or sunlight hits the dust particles at the right angle when a picture is taken it seems lik spots. To avoid this is the camera must be fitted with an anti dust screen. It works for digitals as well as standard 35 mm and aps Cameras. You may want to get the screen. Most photography store would have the film.

Black Jack
05-06-2006, 12:05 PM
ok 1 my be your lans is a bit dasty
2 sand the pohtos to my and ill fix the problem
contact me via icq 933431

Sipo
05-06-2006, 10:03 PM
I just read into this in a magazine I read, how convenient. This just might be the case:

"What you saw in your pictures were hot pixels. When taking longer exposures certain defects on your camera's sensor will show up as these odd coloured points of light..." - Mark Sparrow. Digital Camera World. Arpil 2006, Issue 45.

There are ways to simply fix hot pixels in photoshop.