PDA

View Full Version : KH2 cosplay question

Merchant
03-31-2006, 10:19 PM
Okay since nobody responded to my last post I figured it was their way of telling me that this has been asked a million times by others before me but what the hell I figured I would try at least once more.

Does anyone especially those who have cosplayed as members of Organization XIII know where I could either find the metal chain and metal drawstrings or in the least the materials to make it?

Please I'm asking because these are the last two items I need to complete my coat. Any help will be greatly greatly appreciated :bigtu:

aznbassplayer
03-31-2006, 10:24 PM
u can get metal chains at home depot. they have different kinds. all u have to do is find out how long u want ur metal chain(s) to be. then just ask one of the guys who work their to cut it for u (since the chains are in huge rolls).

Merchant
04-01-2006, 12:35 AM
Thanks, and I was also wondering about the three mini pieces in the center
as well?

Thanks for the info :bigtu:

Iruishi
04-06-2006, 02:09 AM
This idea may seem kinda weird.. but I am going to make one of these coats, too, so I've been thinking about your question. I was thinking you could make the drawstrings by buying a really small chain from a place like home depot or ace hardware, then attach something like dangly earrings to the ends of the chain drawstrings. I still am not sure about the part that goes across the front... maybe a chain with rings strung on it?
These are just some ideas I came up with. Hope it helps :)

GorgeousAstro
04-06-2006, 03:00 AM
You could always make them out of silver Sculpy if you have the patients for articulation.

Miyabi-
04-06-2006, 04:15 AM
I wouldn't use Sculpey if you wanted it to be functional...Sculpey is waaay too brittle to withstand the pulling of a drawstring.
I'd go with what aznbassplayer said...go for the kind you can buy by the yard at hardware stores. ^_^
As for the small ones in front...maybe metal shower curtain rings? ^^

Kuro Yue
04-06-2006, 06:45 PM
For my coat, I'm using a grey shoelace for the drawstring, with silver Sculpey hotglued to the ends (it works in theory, because I don't have a shoelace yet), and I found the PERFECT chain for the 'collar' at Fabricland. I was ecstatic, I swear. And I'm doing the decorating for that with silver Sculpey as well. I'm attaching the chain to the coat with velcro, so that I can take it off as I please without worrying too much.

Buuut, this stuff only works in theory. I haven't tried any of it out yet (I NEED THAT BLOODY SHOELACE! GAR!).

Kerodohi
07-29-2007, 10:52 PM
I used silver craft cord and put silver beads on the end for the hoodpulls. I found some chain at Walmart, and then I painted smallish wooden spools silver and used beading wire to put them on the chain. And I attached the chain to the coat with jump-rings so that I could detach it.

rikus-nobody
08-15-2007, 10:35 PM
For my coat, I raided Hobby Lobby's jewelry section and picked out the chains I needed. For the middle beads, I spray-painted some wooden spools. Ten minutes later, with the aid of some wire cutters and silver metallic thread, I was done.

OH! A side note. I found this easier, for ease of taking the sucker off and putting it on. Instead of attatching the middle chain straight to the coat, get some necklace clasps, and sew those to the coat, then you can hook it on and off as need be.

Koriku
08-16-2007, 02:00 PM
This idea may seem kinda weird.. but I am going to make one of these coats, too, so I've been thinking about your question. I was thinking you could make the drawstrings by buying a really small chain from a place like home depot or ace hardware, then attach something like dangly earrings to the ends of the chain drawstrings. I still am not sure about the part that goes across the front... maybe a chain with rings strung on it?
These are just some ideas I came up with. Hope it helps :)

The earrings idea sounds good, if you could possibly visit some sort of thrift store or flea market [you know, one of those outdoor places] and look through the jewelry vendors they may have something.

As for the ring idea, I think this one is good as well. The chains, i'll agree with Home Depot. They actually help a LOT for Kingdom Hearts Cosplay costumes. :3 If you could maybe locate three or four plain silver bands [rings] and attatch[sp?] them to the chain in the front you'd be good to go. But note to get a small ring size, one that'll fit on the chain, but not move around so loosely.

Hope I can be of help! :angel:

-Kitsu
08-16-2007, 11:42 PM
Wow seems like there's more and more interest for sets of beads then there were in the past.

I seriously am considering casting other sets of the one I made for my own organization jacket. The only problem is I have one mold for each style of bead and I'm a little strapped for cash to be buying more mold material so I would have to charge between 25 and 30 for the set.

Here is a picture of them attached to my coat. (http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h308/Sukunai_Kitsune/Roxas%20cosplay/?action=view&current=RoxasXemnas.jpg)

If I were to make a couple sets to sell it would be for the full chain, the pieces I used to attach them to the jacket, which only need a small hole and a hammer to attach, and the pullstring charms attached to silver plastic tubing I wove into a rope type style.