PDA

View Full Version : The Cosplay Party.

animepimp
04-02-2006, 12:29 AM
We the DC Anime Club Invitie you to our Cosplay Party.

Who:DC Anime Club
What:The Cosplay Party
When:Saturday July 22,2006 12pm-8pm
Where:
Anime FX
6710A Springfield Mall
Springfield, VA 22150-1703

In a Nutshell:
The DC Anime Club, an organization whose purpose is to educate the Washington, DC community about East Asian culture through the art form known as Anime (Japanese animation) will be hosting The Cosplay Party at a local Anime Store Called Anime FX on Saturday July 22,2006 in Springfield,VA from 12pm-8pm.
The Cosplay Party will include the following Activities:
Cosplay Gathering
Cosplay Contest
Video Gaming
Anime Screenings
Prizes and much more!!!!
There will be an $10 Admission fee for the Cosplay Party as well as an $5 admission fee for the Cosplay Contest.
Those who wish to cosplay for the heck of it are welcome to do so.

We hope to see you there.

For more information please visit the DC Anime Club website at http://dcanime.umd.edu.

Jinmaster
04-02-2006, 04:33 PM
We the DC Anime Club Invitie you to our Cosplay Party.

Who:DC Anime Club
What:The Cosplay Party
When:Saturday July 22,2006 12pm-8pm
Where:
Anime FX
6710A Springfield Mall
Springfield, VA 22150-1703

In a Nutshell:
The DC Anime Club, an organization whose purpose is to educate the Washington, DC community about East Asian culture through the art form known as Anime (Japanese animation) will be hosting The Cosplay Party at a local Anime Store Called Anime FX on Saturday July 22,2006 in Springfield,VA from 12pm-8pm.
The Cosplay Party will include the following Activities:
Cosplay Gathering
Cosplay Contest
Video Gaming
Anime Screenings
Prizes and much more!!!!
There will be an $10 Admission fee for the Cosplay Party as well as an $5 admission fee for the Cosplay Contest.
Those who wish to cosplay for the heck of it are welcome to do so.

We hope to see you there.

For more information please visit the DC Anime Club website at http://dcanime.umd.edu.

I'm trying to run my event on that day. We should talk on aim to work something out. No need having 2 events in the same city on the same day.

Jinmaster.

dustbunny
04-03-2006, 09:15 AM
Awsome!! I am so there!

bag0k
04-09-2006, 08:50 AM
If my chocobo costume's done I might just go with my friends! It's nice to meet peope outside of cons... *remembers good times from cheerry blossom festival*

Gogglegirl
04-09-2006, 01:49 PM
I'd like to go~! That sounds cool~!

dustbunny
04-09-2006, 08:10 PM
googlegirl i will meet u there!

animepimp
05-01-2006, 11:42 AM
As some of you may or may not notice the site dcanime.umd.edu is not available.
Reason being is that our server is being replaced.

So if you want more information about the even you can always go to the following link:
http://www.dcanime.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=161

Sorry if this has caused any problems for anyone looking for info about the cosplay site.

Chris W.
DCAC Prez :)

animepimp
06-11-2006, 01:47 PM
We the DCAC negleted to post the rules of the Cosplay Party as well as the Contest itself so here ya go.

1. This competition is open to all who have a costume that is related to characters from either anime, manga, or video games.

2. If the costume was made by you, you will have a better chance of winning than someone who bought their costume.

3. You must have a reference photo(s) for your costume if it is a not so popular series, character, game, Japanese Street Fashion, i.e. Gothic Lolita, or if it is a character of your own design, i.e. GaiaOnline Avatar.

Rules of the Cosplay Party itself:
I CANT CONTROL MYSELF leave all the back climbing , kicking, punching , biting and other cant control behavior at home be courteous to all in the store IF we have to REPEATEDLY respond to ANYONE that is INCAPABLE of controling themself YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE NO REFUND

IF ITS NOT YOURS DONT BOTHER IT ....this business has a variety of things for sale , on display etc .....be mineful of the owners property

YOU BREAK IT YOU BOUGHT IT NUFF SAID .... DC Anime CLub will NOT be held liable for your individual actions YOU MUST CONTROL YOURSELF

WERE'S THE BEEF ? everybody gets hungry ...due to store size and people expected DO NOT bring Mc Donalds or other FOODS into the store this creates TRASH and other PROBLEMS ...theres a food court and other places to eat outside the store

Pocky or small snacks are OK

DO NOT BRING PERSONAL GAMES OR DISK ..... It may be the latest and greatest but this can create confusion to owership of property and if the item gets damaged then YOU will be RESPONSIBLE

We want EVERYONE to have a great time at the cosplay party

A Schedule of events will be coming soon for the Cosplay Party will be coming soon.

Chris W.
DCAC Prez

dustbunny
06-19-2006, 09:03 PM
sounds good to me

Gogglegirl
06-19-2006, 10:21 PM
Just a question...Are we allowed to have props like swords? Not real swords, those aren't even allowed at cons. But the costume I want to wear has a sword. It'll be made with wood, and hopefully have seath (if i can figure out how to make it) but since its a mall that has normal people in it doing normal things i was just curious.

animepimp
06-20-2006, 09:16 AM
Just a question...Are we allowed to have props like swords? Not real swords, those aren't even allowed at cons. But the costume I want to wear has a sword. It'll be made with wood, and hopefully have seath (if i can figure out how to make it) but since its a mall that has normal people in it doing normal things i was just curious.

If your prop is obviously fake I don't see why not.
Can't wait to see your costume.

Chris W.
DCAC Prez

Gogglegirl
06-20-2006, 01:54 PM
Ok Yay~!

Gogglegirl
06-25-2006, 02:46 PM
I can't go anymore. I have to go and visit colleges that day....

animepimp
06-26-2006, 07:05 AM
Aw well.
Maybe next time.

Nekko
07-07-2006, 11:03 PM
I am going, and I plan on bringing friends!

animepimp
07-08-2006, 07:01 PM
I am going, and I plan on bringing friends!

Awesome.
Hope to see you there.

Chris W.
DCAC Prez

animepimp
07-16-2006, 10:38 AM
Here is the Schedule for the Cosplay Party.
Keep in mind that the schedule is subject to change.
12pm-3pm Anime Screenings(All Screenings are Subbed only).
12pm-4:30pm Video Gaming.
5pm Cosplay Contest.
7pm-8pm Anime Screening and Video Gaming resumes.
Special Note that sign up for the Cosplay Contest will start at 12pm and end at 4:30pm.

We hope to see you guys there.

Chris W.
DCAC Prez

NiceGai44
07-17-2006, 02:04 PM
I got a good group of cosplayers coming with me. Cant wait to pregame for Otakon.

Mishima
07-19-2006, 11:37 PM
Im intrested. What Video Games will be there?
Not like there isnt an arcade though ^_^;

makotohanabi
07-20-2006, 08:11 PM
Will try to make it if I don't have to work.

animepimp
07-20-2006, 08:17 PM
Im intrested. What Video Games will be there?
Not like there isnt an arcade though ^_^;

Game Wise we can't say since we are sworn to secreacy.
Sorry but we hope to see you there.

Chris W.
DCAC Prez.

animepimp
07-20-2006, 08:17 PM
Will try to make it if I don't have to work.

Hey I think I remember you.

Didn't you come to the Art Show Cosplay Gathering last year?

NiceGai44
07-21-2006, 09:19 AM
we will have somewhere to change into our costume(s) or do we need to change somewhere else? Plan to do one costume while chilling and do a different one for the cosplay contest.

Lycoris
07-21-2006, 11:27 AM
Looks like I'll be coming too- hopefully cosplaying Hisagi from Bleach. But I most definitely won't be entering the cosplay contest. Hope to see lots of people there! ^_^

NoRegretLife
07-21-2006, 01:53 PM
omoshiroi~

animepimp
07-21-2006, 11:18 PM
we will have somewhere to change into our costume(s) or do we need to change somewhere else? Plan to do one costume while chilling and do a different one for the cosplay contest.

Yes there will be a place for you to change your costumes.

Chris W.
DCAC Prez

animepimp
07-22-2006, 08:10 PM
On Behalf of DCAC we like to thank all who attended the Cosplay Party and hope that you all had a good time.

We at DCAC strive to make our event fun for the anime community but we need your help.

We need to know what you the attendees thought of The Cosplay Party.

It's ok to be brutally honesty about this event.

Chris W.
DCAC Prez

P.S.
If you like this event just wait till our Anime Art Show.

NoRegretLife
07-23-2006, 01:51 PM
I Wish there could be more place for video gaming, and also import games for PS2 Gamecube would be awesome...bigger area would be nice too.
such as Naruto 4 for gamecube and Naruto 3 for PS2, or Dirge of Cerbrus..etc

well, It was better than I expect so I think the party is fine.

Gogglegirl
07-23-2006, 09:11 PM
Does anyone have any pictures? I would really like to see some since I wasn't able to go ^^

Valgaav_Xellos
07-23-2006, 10:24 PM
Yeah I wanted to know if anyone got pictures too ^-^; I know a few people took my picture and I didn't get to see any of them except for one person XD;

NoRegretLife
07-23-2006, 11:22 PM
I will die if I dont see the pictures in 7 days, Sadako will come out from a TV and scare me to death(and choke... she is good at choking ppl or making ppl have a athma attack)

Lycoris
07-24-2006, 07:00 AM
I too would like to see pictures since I didn't take any of myself in costume. I will post the pictures I do have once I get them developed... unfortunately that generally takes me some 3 months.

dustbunny
07-24-2006, 09:12 PM
...pictures onegai

NiceGai44
07-25-2006, 10:08 AM
I would love to have some. This lady needs them so she can use them for her documentary for Otakon.

animepimp
08-31-2006, 10:53 PM
Finally got some photos up on photbucket.

Here is a link to the Second Annual Cosplay Party.

http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l21/animepimp_2006/Cosplay%20Party%202006/

As a Bonus here is the link to the First Annual Cosplay Party.

http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l21/animepimp_2006/Cosplay%20Party%202005/

Now hopefully these pics will work but if not please say so.

Chris W.
DCAC Prez.

Lycoris
09-05-2006, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the pics!