PDA

View Full Version : Raijin from FFVIII?

Spectre
02-21-2003, 10:14 PM
I think Raijin would be an awesome costume, but do you think this would be too hard, and do you have some suggestions?

Koumori
02-21-2003, 10:28 PM
This is a very broad question. What have you considered so far? As with any costume, do your homework, look at as many images as you can (still and in motion, CGIs if there are any, etc.) and study the costume closely. Then break it down for yourself. Sketch it if you can. How many layers are there, what kind of pieces? What is your skill level? Can you sew? If not, are there pieces you can buy and modify, or will you have to find someone to help you sew everything? This process should clarify the costume for you. If, after doing this, you have *specific* questions about pieces, construction, fabrics, etc., we might be better able to help you with those.

Spectre
02-21-2003, 10:35 PM
Well my level is about 0.5 when it comes to sewing so there won't be any of that, and Raijin is one of those "other characters" so I can't get any CG images, but a can get those battle images if I play FFVIII up to that point again *sigh*. But I have absolutely no clue as to where I could go to get things sewed on. Do the Dry Cleaners do that?

heki-chan
02-21-2003, 11:00 PM
ohoh! we're making Raijin this year too!

my friend Andrew looks exactly lik him^_^

and nope. we dont think it will be hard at all^__^
here's wht we plan to do, hope it may giv u some ideas^_^:

vest: im just gonna trace an old shirt of his. and then sew it together. shouldnt take more than 20min^___^

pants: he will buy bigsized black "mod-robes" and use that LOL

staff: swiffer sweeper LOL...yes...we're serious^__^ bcuz it can be disassembled easily^_^

armour: paper mache + spray paint^_^

necklace: giant wooden balls from the craft store all strung up LOL

belt: gonna use reddish-maroonish cording and just weave it to make it thick^_^

umm yeah thts about it^___^
and yeah getting pix of raijin is HARD >_<
we are just going by the black/white image of him and Fujin in the beginning sequence^_^
and using the battle-pix as a colour ref^_^

goodluck^__^

~heki-chan

makio
02-22-2003, 11:45 PM
I cosplayed Raijin for the Final Fantasy Ball at last year's AWA convention -- if you'd like, I can send (PM) you a b/w picture of Raijin and Fuujin from the FFVII introduction screens. It's not really that hard of a costume to complete actually...

hotohori74
02-25-2003, 08:26 PM
You're doing Raijin this year???? *sobs* I went as Fuujin last year at Otakon 2002!!!!!! Waaaahh! That's so sad. I would have liked a picture.
Sadly, my costume was.. uh.... "damaged" and if basically beyond repair. Her shield is basicly what's fully intact now. We had some terrible problems at the con trying to keep our group together. If u make it to 2003, I WANT A PIC! HEHEHE! Fuujin and Raijin would make a Kawaii couple, no? Too bad he takes a dip in the sea....

schalke
03-02-2003, 08:35 AM
hello there...why don't you try cosplaying IRVINE or SEIFER of ff8 if you're looking for an easier one...

well raijin's costume isnt that much overdone so i'm pretty sure u'll make good in it. :bouncer:

MordSith
03-02-2003, 08:42 PM
get some ending CG shots! but fujin & raijin are in the end of ff8! there will be some clear shots there.