PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay / Crossplay an excuse to Crossdress?

TammyKitten
02-22-2003, 12:27 AM
I want you crossplayers out there to be honest with yourself when you answer this question. Is it possible you were just looking for an excuse to "come out of the closet" and wear something feminine because you could no longer repress your secrect desire to look and feel female even if just for a single private moment. Haven't you always secretly desired to shave your legs and try on a pair silk stockings and walk about in public or Con? I could be wrong but I have a feeling some of you (mostly guys) have been or were dying to try what real woman get to do everyday. I will be honest, I crossdressed in secret long before I crossplayed. I was just another guy until I got "curious" and BAM!, just like that the sensations and the unexplainable pleasures were irresistible and I never turned back. I of course have to keep it a secret from the world but it is my secret to keep. Please share your stories of curiosity and desire. Why do we like to do it? How far will you take it? I am sure it's differnet for everyone, for me it just feels right! I am not gay nor do I want to be a woman (hmmm?) but I absolutely love dressing as a woman. Let the truth be known!

Tammy Kitten,
Liberated Transvestite!

JoeBoeing
02-22-2003, 02:17 AM
Greetings,

Well, I have yet to cross-play but I only want to cross-play characters I like.

I have never worn any female clothing in the past and I'm not doing it because I'm curous about what it would be like to be a woman. I'm going to do it to support my favorite characters.

FRom,
Joe

Karisu-sama
02-22-2003, 02:40 AM
I realize you are looking for more for guys input, but speaking from a biologically female point of view, crossplay to me is an excuse to temporarily "be" particular cool characters whom I like. I don't have a desire to crossdress IRL.

I imagine the answer to your question is YMMV (Your mileage may vary.) As far as your situation, whatever works for you is fine; viva la diversity!

Ali-kun
02-22-2003, 05:44 AM
It's also possible to find female characters who don't really look all froofy-female, so that doesn't especially apply...and then, the pleasure gained from creating a great costume may or may not overlap with the pleasure gained from wearing women's clothing for some guys. Probably in some cases your ideas are true, but you can have a good time dressing up and not be a transvestite ^_^

...not that I have anything against transvestites o_O

(then again, I am female anyway...and I don't need an EXCUSE to cross-dress, I do it all the time *L*)

Karisu-sama
02-22-2003, 06:00 AM
Heck, I like (girl-cut) jeans and comfortable shirts. I consider silk stockings and froofy stuff "drag" for me as well, I just dislike wearing that sort of thing. (But I kinda like long skirts - if they're wide enough to do Karate kicks in ! ^__^)

RoseDuelist
02-22-2003, 01:37 PM
I have no desire to dress like a guy, unless you count wearing a t-shirt, jeans, and no make-up. Then I'm crossdressing right now. *looks down at clothing*

Well, it definatly isn't a way to come out. I have a boyfriend. In no way in real life am I masculine. I love clothes, jewelry, make-up, chick-flicks, etc.. The only reason I want to crossplay is because Inu Yasha rules! ^_^

Kabuki
02-22-2003, 02:47 PM
=/ I've been crossdressing long before going to anime conventions...I do it alot because the chick anime charas have MUCH cooler outfits and variation than the men...you get a LOT more attention...I'm very loud and flamboyant and become more "gay" (queeny) when i'm in drag...which doesn't come out at all when I'm dressed as a guy...

as for female clothing in general....I just can't get enough of it...Its like crack for me....its just addicting...and sooooakslfjakslflksjf a ::spazzes:: I LOVEEE anything fluffy and elegant and pretty and feminine.....

I'm not a transvestite and I don't do drag everyday....I look and act like a normal guy in everyday life...its just a chance to let the "other side" come out for bit.

Rosiel
02-22-2003, 05:52 PM
Some of us are children of the 80s... when men dressed in frills, wore makeup, and had long hair, and women donned huge-shouldered men's suits and cropped hair... when the line between genders was blurred and androgyny was a fashion statement...

So, really, "crossplaying" does not really mean anything... other than, at most, a sense of empowerment for women, and maybe romance for men.

I crossplay because I prefer male characters in anime, as the women are predominantly weak and whiny. And I wear men's suits to work sometimes because I like the cut/style. There is nothing more to it.

TammyKitten
02-22-2003, 09:39 PM
the Almighty you are so very correct. You sound a lot like me. By day I am really a basic guy. I love basketball, sci-fi and of course beautiful women mostly cosplay catgirls. But sometimes in the evenings I just love to slip into a bubble bath and shave myself smooth. Get out and slip into something sexy. I have a fetish for the most feminine of attire, like lingerie, thigh high stockings with garters, body stockings and very high heels. I would generally consider myself straight but when I get into costume or dress I find I could go either way. I guess it just goes with the illusion. Crossplayers have all the fun!

:D

Kendo_Bunny
02-24-2003, 12:09 AM
I like dressing in guys clothes because I tend to look more feminine and prettier in them ^^;
Plus, after years of being stuffed into pink lace by other members of my family, the whole frou-frou just didn't work for me. As the 'frumpy' one, I get a lot of family members buying me makeup, tight feminine clothing, and offering to give me makeovers. I have about three dresses, all mideval style, all dark. I also have a few old men's suits, and I look good in them.
Crossplay for me is a little bit of gender-bending fun that generally ends up with me looking and acting more girlish than I do in girl's clothing ^^;

Karisu-sama
02-24-2003, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Kendo_Bunny
I get a lot of family members buying me makeup, tight feminine clothing, and offering to give me makeovers. I have about three dresses, all mideval style, all dark. I also have a few old men's suits, and I look good in them.

Woo-hoo! Ditch the family's makeup 'n frills and come join Team Dilandau! ~_^

Nine
02-24-2003, 03:39 AM
I am a homosexual male crossplayer. Just because I am gay doesn't mean I crossplay because I want to be a girl. I cosplay characters I love, and seeing I love a lot of female characters, I cosplay them - which makes me labeled as a crossplayer. I do not crossplay to be a woman. I'm perfectly happy with being male, and would not want to be a female.

Crossplay is just that - play. I do it for fun, for play, for cosplay.

Karisu-sama
02-24-2003, 06:09 AM
And you look good in your costumes, and you are WAY COOL, Nine! ^___^

Michi
02-24-2003, 02:20 PM
I only crossplay because I like a good deal of guy characters just as much as some female ones... I don't even know why it's called crossplay. ^_^; It's sorta unnecessary.
But I guess it's not the same when I'm female dressing as a guy. o_x Neh. The most fun I've had crossplaying was flirting with girls when I was Zidane. :F because I'm a dork.

Caryn
02-24-2003, 02:28 PM
I haven't crossplayed yet, but I plan to once I run out of my fav female characters to do. I wouldn't do it because I want to be a man and I'm not a lesbian, but you just get to be that really cool guy character from an anime for once. Plus, like someone else said, I feel really cute and feminine in guy clothes....dunno why! I don't crossdress out of cosplay and I wouldn't...the farthest I go is wearing my b/fs big huge jacket lol ^^

Irvy
02-24-2003, 04:42 PM
I'm with Rosiel, a lot of female characters in anime bother me. I don't want to dress up in skimpy outfits and run around being all giggly. Most of my favorite anime characters are males and hey, they look feminine anyways so it's easy to pull off XD ( go-go bishounens)
It's just a con thing. I like getting into a characters role and having fun with it, but I would never act like Irvine when I am at school. It's sort of like acting you know? You act like the character you want to portray on screen and when you are done you go and do your own thing. ^^

Kendo_Bunny
02-24-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Karisu-sama
Woo-hoo! Ditch the family's makeup 'n frills and come join Team Dilandau! ~_^

Yay! Dilandau, my all-time favorite character! The only time I've willingly worn makeup were for cosplay, and for my Angel of Death outfit: I had half of a dark butterfly drawn on my face in eyeshadow. But that doesn't count ^^;

Karisu-sama
02-24-2003, 10:18 PM
Yeah, I also avoid makeup, except for cosplay and other special occasions. When I cosplay Dilandau (my all-time favorite too ^^, not like it's obvious though :p :p ), I wear makeup that's trying not to look like makeup at all - except for that Anime-look eyeliner... ^^

Team Dilandau should take over a con, heh heh... as many as we can get...

TsukiGuujin
02-25-2003, 01:47 AM
You know, it's funny.

I don't really know HOW to say what I'm thinking for once.

When it comes to costumes, yes, I have been known to look at male costumes as opposed to female ones. (and then there's all those Mana costumes that I want to do, which blurs all gender lines COMPLETELY)

Why do I do this? Do I like male characters more? In general, yes I do indeed.

Are all the female ones too whiny, etc for me? Depends on the character. I'm not against it, and I'm not anti-skimpy (unless we're talking, like, Rikku X2 skimpy. @_@)

Do I crossdress? ALL THE DAMN TIME.

And I mean all out. Strapped down and everything.

The main reason:
I make a much prettier boy than I do girl.

Boy characters sometimes have really boring costumes, sure. But that's ok. Less money to spend.

Besides, I support more Yaoi than het pairings. So if I wanna be those characters, I've gotta be a boy that day.

I'm not gay, I'm not transgendered. I don't want to BE a boy. I'm engaged to a guy, and he doesn't care, so it's all great. Just part of how I live my life, you know?

This is so ramble-y, that I apologize. Trying to get thoughts from head to hands to screen doesn't always work.

So yeah.

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

cube
02-25-2003, 04:46 PM
The first time I donned a dress was when I got into crossplay. Crossplaying for me is a means for artistic expression, something I never get to do while at work. You might ask, "Artistic expression huh? Why not pratice painting or sculpting instead?" I'm interested in the idea of transformations. The ability to make yourself look different from what you normally look like is really kewl. I believe that physically speaking, men and women are not as different as society thinks. I think with the proper technique, skill, and body type society would be amazed at what is possible. However, at this moment my skill level is too low to produce anything amazing. hehe give me more time to practice:D

If I woke up the next day as a woman, I still wouldn't give up on crossplay. I'd just be spending my time trying to look like a man instead of a woman:p

Teteiyusu
03-03-2003, 08:31 PM
For me, the only cosplay I do is crossplay!
I have no hidden desire, I just love to be the male characters. I enjoy being a man at times, if I were a guy I would like other guys! *laughs*
I also want to say that girl characters wear cloths way to revealing for my taste! I like to be covered head-to-toe!

Freya
03-03-2003, 11:10 PM
For me like many have said, if I like the character I'll "crossplay" them...gender shouldn't be limiting. Although it is annoying when people who aren't into it can't grasp this simple concept. ^^

TsukiGuujin
03-04-2003, 02:11 AM
>>For me, the only cosplay I do is crossplay!
I have no hidden desire, I just love to be the male characters. I enjoy being a man at times, if I were a guy I would like other guys! *laughs*
I also want to say that girl characters wear cloths way to revealing for my taste! I like to be covered head-to-toe!

Hell yes. I'd be SO gay if I were a boy. *dies laughing*

Most of the boy characters I want to cosplay are covered more than a lot of girls are. Not ALL, but most.

>>Although it is annoying when people who aren't into it can't grasp this simple concept. ^^

WORD.

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

Karisu-sama
03-04-2003, 02:39 AM
Sometimes I see a good character I might like to crossplay... EXCEPT he walks around with a totally open shirt or vest, or sometimes even no shirt. That's annoying!! :p

TsukiGuujin
03-04-2003, 02:54 AM
>>Sometimes I see a good character I might like to crossplay... EXCEPT he walks around with a totally open shirt or vest, or sometimes even no shirt. That's annoying!!

I SOOOO know what you mean. That is obnoxious. It's like, "BOY! Put a damn shirt on so I can cosplay you!"

XD

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

Rosiel
03-04-2003, 09:38 AM
> EXCEPT he walks around with a totally open shirt or vest, or sometimes even no shirt.

It's called duct tape. ^__^ It hurts like hell when you remove it. But it works.
Get it in a flattering color, and tape yourself out of the way. (actually some athletic tape comes in flesh color I think which might be more useful if the shirt is hanging loose...)

As for no shirt, one of the best movie Van I have ever seen was a /girl/. She had on a tanktop that really matched her skin color and you didn't really notice it all that much.

cube
03-04-2003, 11:27 AM
From the responses it seems a lot of ladies here are dissappointed with the amount of skin female anime characters show. While there's a lot of truth to this there are still a myrid number of characters to choose from. I may dress like a girl but my style is quite prudish. Enough so to meet private school standards. I like to keep my skirt hem line right above the knees.

You're not going to find a Tira Misu outfit in my crossplay closet:D

coscrew
03-04-2003, 12:21 PM
Yeah, most anime chicks are just plain boring. the guys have the best costumes...

i don't go out to make myself looks manly...
well, maybe for my lupin.. but that's another story...

most of my male costumes(or should i say the majority of my costumes) are frilly prissy men. ie Kefka, Kuja, Sidney... etc.
i still get to wear my makeup and all that jazz.
i think i have a prissy man fetish. XD

if i were a man, i'd be as prissy as priss can get *^-^*

†IMMORTALIS†
03-04-2003, 02:35 PM
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A pleasant day to all.

In my humble opinion, CROSSPLAYING is more like a trend like that of CROSSDRESSING in fashion. There have been no taboos in the fashion industry so I don't think there should be in cosplaying. We have all the right to wear whatever clothes we desire since we are after all the ones who will wear them.

In all honesty, I am a lesbian and I have accepted this reality since I was 9 years old. I have never been ashamed of it nor have been a "closet queen" because all my life I've been cherishing the beauty of being a woman-- physiologically-speaking.

I dress like a woman, even look very much a woman. I need not prove my sexual preference by wearing men's clothes for public acceptance nor to earn people's friendship. Reality bites. Sad but true. I expect some people to be repulsed with what I am, whether I crossdress or not because their hatred for us third gender people will always come from within their views against homosexuality and it has nothing to do with our choice of clothing.

Crossplay, I do. Because I find men characters' outfits more imposing and what I'm proving is my talent as a crossplayer and how I deliver my choice of character with utter confidence in front of the audience. No less and certainly no more.

Crossdress? If you consider women wearing men's suits which are basically styled for women's taste or clothes such as pants and t-shirts [enough to cover the feminine physique] as crossdressing, then I am guilty. But only because I live a conservative lifestyle and I have been raised by a straitlace family who restricts clothes that are way too revealing.

Nevertheless, what spawns my self-confidence to be who I really am, whether I'm crossdressing/crossplaying or not, is the belief that even though I am a lesbian at heart, I am no different than anyone, for I am still a human being. ~smiles~

If I have caused anyone offense, please accept my apology.
My intention is purely to share you my personal opinion.

†ALUCARD†

Michi
03-04-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by TsukiGuujin
I SOOOO know what you mean. That is obnoxious. It's like, "BOY! Put a damn shirt on so I can cosplay you!"

XD

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

Hahahaha. XDDD That was great.

I did cosplay a barechested boy before.. with a bodysuit. But his chest has straps on it -- Nikki/Slash from Chrono Cross. Next time I redo it I need to do the bodysuit better... I don't think I'd cosplay a completely barechested boy, though. I have one crossplay planned for a guy that wears a jacket with no shirt, and I'm just going to opt to wear a shirt from one of his earlier outfits underneath. :D
Er, then there's my TMR cosplay, which I'm still deciding if I bodysuit is needed or not, honestly...

Damn boys and their lack of boobies! Kuja's armor is so high up that I had to not only push down but pull up and out of the way. o_O I had the ace bandage around my neck for goodness sakes.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=22119

See. ^^ I'm proud. What? Boobies? Where?! o.o

Karisu-sama
03-04-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Rosiel
It's called duct tape. ^__^ It hurts like hell when you remove it. But it works.
Get it in a flattering color, and tape yourself out of the way. (actually some athletic tape comes in flesh color I think which might be more useful if the shirt is hanging loose...)

As for no shirt, one of the best movie Van I have ever seen was a /girl/. She had on a tanktop that really matched her skin color and you didn't really notice it all that much.
Ouch, duct tape. ><

I wish I'd seen that movie Van! Movie Van is a great costume design, although I think I'm kinda not built right for it... For a flesh-colored tank top I'd probably have to dye it myself. Then I might possibly be able to do Sanosuke. However....

...There's always my husband. XP He already barely tolerates my crossplaying, and he really just can't see why anyone would alter themselves so much for a costume (even just by wearing a wig!) to look as "accurate" as possible. He already bitches that I put up his long hair in back when he cosplays Van (which he only does because I talked him into wearing the costume!) He's annoyed enough that I even bind - and since I have to live with him, I can only annoy him so far, LOL... (not that I don't keep trying to push the limits :p )

Originally posted by Michi
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=22119

See. ^^ I'm proud. What? Boobies? Where?! o.o
Ha ha - that's GREAT, Michi! Yup, I don't see any boobies! ^___^

I would never dare crossplay Kuja - I have "nice childbearing hips" (and the children to prove it :p ) - so I tend to do costumes with more coverage where I can design to minimize that feature. Kuja's outfit would SOOOOO "out" me as a girl, not to mention that it would expose all the stretch marks. :p (They tell you you can use all sorts of products that will prevent stretch marks in pregnancy - THEY LIE!!! If your skin isn't abnormally hyper-elastic, you WILL get them. Ah well, such is life...)

...Maybe another excuse for a bodysuit... :p

TsukiGuujin
03-04-2003, 11:02 PM
>>It's called duct tape. ^__^ It hurts like hell when you remove it. But it works.

*dies* NO! I did that, and I hurt bad. So...um...I found a better way. MUWAHAHAH! I rule. XD

>> Nevertheless, what spawns my self-confidence to be who I really am, whether I'm crossdressing/crossplaying or not, is the belief that even though I am a lesbian at heart, I am no different than anyone, for I am still a human being. ~smiles~

DUDE you rock, Immortalis. Really. And you cosplayed Alucard, so I glomp you. *GLOMP GLOMP*

>>Hahahaha. XDDD That was great.

*bows* Sankyuu, sankyuu....

>>See. ^^ I'm proud. What? Boobies? Where?! o.o

You are the most boobless Kuja ever! XD

Seriously. You did an amazing job.

~~Tsuki~~

IMMORTALIS
03-05-2003, 01:53 PM

DUDE you rock, Immortalis. Really. And you cosplayed Alucard, so I glomp you. *GLOMP GLOMP*

-+ ~ish glomped~ Thankies Tsukiguujin! Oh, oh! I already created another account! ~points at my new namey~ Now I can upload my photos....err... ~mumbles~ it was da cross after all. Heh. Now I know why vampires hate them. ~lol~ +-

†ALUCARD†

Michi
03-05-2003, 02:40 PM
Immortalis is making me want to cosplay Maria Renard again. ^^; TOO MANY IDEAS. Okay enough of that. You're a gorgeous Alucard. <3

Thankies Karisu and Tsuki! Heh. I love my Kuja, but.. it's sorta dying after wearing it a lot, so it's out of commission for a while. ^_^; I'm gonna totally remake it with the silliest prop ever, I can't wait. *-*

Sanosuke? I was thinking of crossplaying Sanosuke once.. I was just gonna make the chest wraps he has go all the way up to cover me. ^^; I saw a girl do it that way, once.

TsukiGuujin
03-05-2003, 03:28 PM
>>Immortalis is making me want to cosplay Maria Renard again. ^^; TOO MANY IDEAS. Okay enough of that. You're a gorgeous Alucard. <3

O.O
Have you cosplayed Maria? Show me pics!!
And yes. Immortalis is indeed a gorgeous Alucard.
*___*

>>Thankies Karisu and Tsuki! Heh. I love my Kuja, but.. it's sorta dying after wearing it a lot, so it's out of commission for a while. ^_^; I'm gonna totally remake it with the silliest prop ever, I can't wait. *-*

What's the prop? I wanna know.

I *STILL* gotta make Trance Kuja. X_X
Yeah, when I win the lottery. XD

~~Tsuki~~

Michi
03-05-2003, 03:32 PM
Nuu I haven't cosplayed Maria yet. ^^ But I was thinking of it a lot last year.

The prop is secret. XD But if you PM/IM me or something I'll tell you. XD

Teteiyusu
03-05-2003, 06:06 PM
I like it when the girls crossplay because allot of them make great guys!

The guy characters in my opinion are allot cooler, and they do look like girls! (some of them do!)
I like crossplaying as the girlish type of anime men!
I could be one of those anime guys who likes other anime guys, how wonderful!

Rosieal
03-05-2003, 06:11 PM
Immortalis is indeed a gorgeous Alucard *nods*

Tuski, you have to show me your trance kuja, I'm sure it will be nothing but evil. ::grin::

Michi's Maria Renard is something to watch our for. ;)

I did plan to be Juste Belmont, but I decided against it...

I'm obviously off-topic, so I'll make up for that by saying that no... for me, crossplaying is not my excuse to crossdress, it's plainly an excuse to dress up. In fact, my casual clothes would be on the boyish side, so I don't need to crossplay just to crossdress.

Edit: Teteiyusu, I take it you will cosplay Tetei from Seimaden? That would be fantastic!

TsukiGuujin
03-06-2003, 02:52 AM
>>I like crossplaying as the girlish type of anime men!
I could be one of those anime guys who likes other anime guys, how wonderful!

XD
I love the way this sounds. It's, like, all innocent and stuff. As opposed to how *I* would word it. I, of course, lack shame.

>>Tuski, you have to show me your trance kuja, I'm sure it will be nothing but evil. ::grin::

*bows*
But of course. ^^

>>I did plan to be Juste Belmont, but I decided against it...

Well, that's ok. I will do it to make up for you not doing it, how's that? ^^;;

Yeah, soooo OFFTOPIC again. ^^

~~Tsuki~~

IMMORTALIS
03-06-2003, 03:22 AM

Immortalis is making me want to cosplay Maria Renard again. ^^; TOO MANY IDEAS. Okay enough of that. You're a gorgeous Alucard. <3

-+ Aww shucks... ~brushes a foot against the floor all-chibi like~ ...hehe thankies! ^_^v IMHO, I think you'll make a gorgeous Maria Renard yourself. =] I just wish we could cosplay together, too bad I live at the other side of the world. =( +-

O.O
Have you cosplayed Maria? Show me pics!!
And yes. Immortalis is indeed a gorgeous Alucard.
*___*

-+ ~teary-eyed~ Maaan....I'm so loved. ~sniff~ Hehe. =P I'm sure to look forward in seeing you dressed as Juste one day! ^_^v +-

Immortalis is indeed a gorgeous Alucard *nods*

-+ How about handsome? ~bats eyelashes~ Just kidding! ~lol~ Sankyuu Ghost! +-

†ALUCARD†

[Edited = vb code]

Karisu-sama
03-06-2003, 05:24 AM
Love those piccies, Immortalis! Alucard, Lucifer, Lestat - AWESOME! ^___^

Rosiel
03-06-2003, 10:15 AM
Continuing the off topic convo...

>>I did plan to be Juste Belmont, but I decided against it...

Me too! But I realized I would look like the scrawny sissified version and that saddened me so much I gave up. ;___;

IMMORTALIS
03-07-2003, 12:38 AM

~blush some more and bows~ I wish I did well with my costumes though. ~__~;;
But experiences help me learn new ideas so yep...I'm upgrading my costumes
for another try these coming cons in the Phils. ^_^v

†ALUCARD†

Ravenous
03-07-2003, 01:24 AM
crossplay is not really a gender thing for me. It is how you relate to the character. Crossplaying does not necesarilly mean you are inherent gay or whatever, we all have that side (if you're a female for example, you have a teeny masculine side and vice versa) and having both sides well---is being balanced O_o'

oh i forgot, im a newbie ^^; hello. crossplayer newbie here, i go for bishie guys in my character, the one that goes with my personality and the looks (to make it all comfortable) I crossplaying Angel Sanctuary, Kira Sakuya-transgressing-Lucifer and Katan with my rociel soon enough in april >:)

weee...cant wait >:)

Michi
03-07-2003, 01:25 AM
Eeee~ *blushes* I dunno about gorgeous, but if I ever do Maria someday... Perhaps I'll Photoshop us together as if we cosplayed together? ^_^* Heehee. I really do love your Alucard, so pretty.

Ravenous
03-07-2003, 01:27 AM
meeep, immortalis!

reserved the lucifer costume for meeh!!! JK...i just hoped my height wont make the fitting tight....

why dont we have a photo take when u go back here in april? But by that time wala na rociel ko *cries*

rpd_girl
03-07-2003, 01:50 AM
hmm... this is tough. I guess because I am not homosexual (and can't undertsand it totaly because of that) I can't really offer any insight on the man to woman kinda thing. Personaly *hides in a corner* I don't get it and view it as kinda freaky. Not that there is anything wrong with it... I just don't "get" it. I don't need to... it isn't important to people that do it for them to be understood... whatever floats your boat (I have gay friends and crossdressing friends). I say, whatever makes you happy, as long as nobody gets hurt. :)

On the "crossplay end" I want to do a chick Vash (Trigun), a chcik Grave (GunGrave) and a chick Dante (Devil May Cry 2) not because I want to be a man... but because they kick a$$. I am altering the costumes to make them chicky and la femme fatale kinda-ish. The way my bust has been blessed, I don't think I would look like a man if I wanted to. You know... so I don't think that really counts.

Personaly, I like manly men (Indiana Jones-ish rugged hero types), rather than J-Rock/N*Sync teenage heart-throb kinda guys. So if a guy I liked (if he was hetero, assuming) crossplayed I would be like...dude?

But ya know.. I have seen some pretty good guys dress as chicks... alot of them look better than me! You go girls... guys...whatever! Do your thing!
___
:cheers: <sorry if that didn't make sense>:cheers:

IMMORTALIS
03-07-2003, 02:39 AM

MICHI:
Eeee~ *blushes* I dunno about gorgeous, but if I ever do Maria someday... Perhaps I'll Photoshop us together as if we cosplayed together? ^_^* Heehee. I really do love your Alucard, so pretty.

-+ Ei! That would be a wonderful idea! ^___^v I'm looking forward to see you cosplay Maria someday then I'll send you a solo shot of myself as Alucard [depending on what pose you want me to do] then voila! Michi and Immortalis cosplay pic! Yay! Nah, YOU are gorgeous. +-

RAVENOUS:
reserved the lucifer costume for meeh!!! JK...i just hoped my height wont make the fitting tight....

-+ Sure thing dear. But after I do LUCIFER some justice onstage. ^_^ I did promise DarK_MooN that I'd be, if not the best Lucifer in the world of cosplaying, at least the best Lucifer in her eyes. ^_^ +-

RAVENOUS:
why dont we have a photo take when u go back here in april? But by that time wala na rociel ko *cries*

-+ That's a great idea! The bad news is.....I won't be coming back this April....because.....I'LL BE HOME THIS SATURDAY!!!! ~lol~ +-

RPD GIRL:
Personaly *hides in a corner* I don't get it and view it as kinda freaky. Not that there is anything wrong with it... I just don't "get" it.

-+ Ouchies. Go easy on the freaky word there dear. =] Not all people can accept such word without getting bitter but then again I bear you no ill will because that's your opinion. =] +-

RPD GIRL:
I don't need to... it isn't important to people that do it for them to be understood... whatever floats your boat (I have gay friends and crossdressing friends). I say, whatever makes you happy, as long as nobody gets hurt.

-+ Now [i]that's the kind of opinion I likey! =D Welcome to the board and happy cosplaying! +-

†ALUCARD†

Edited part ---> vb code

Ravenous
03-07-2003, 03:11 AM
rpd girl:

sweetness!! a hopeful rpg crossplayer---- *_* and to think im the only gal who's going to do Dante of DMC2 (I was dared actually, as usual). He is one of my line ups next year, after or before i do cloud strife with a friend

geh, whats with kick-ass tacit guys and light hair. I wish Im born blonde O_o

to immortalis:

TALAGA?!!!!! malapit ka na bumalik? ^_^? weee! nagbabalak kami ni ghost ng AS cast our own version one of these days before the con (and before ure last catwalk as lucifer ;_;) hehehe...sensya na at nagtagalog ako, its like the others can relate....hehehe...

:: sprouts devilish black wings---oh, not yet ^^::

Smojo69
03-07-2003, 03:07 PM
A lot of times people who crossplay do it to look sexy, I remember when i first crossplayed. My gf came home (who has been tring to make me crossplay for months before) and was like, "WTF?" However I really didnt feel that bad because I was crossplaying, it was kinda funny.

TsukiGuujin
03-07-2003, 06:39 PM
>>-+ Sure thing dear. But after I do LUCIFER some justice onstage. ^_^ I did promise DarK_MooN that I'd be, if not the best Lucifer in the world of cosplaying, at least the best Lucifer in her eyes. ^_^ +-

DUDE, you are the best Lucifer I've seen, Cherl. SERIOUSLY. I luff your wings! X_X

>> sweetness!! a hopeful rpg crossplayer---- *_* and to think im the only gal who's going to do Dante of DMC2 (I was dared actually, as usual). He is one of my line ups next year, after or before i do cloud strife with a friend

I'm not male enough to be Dante. X_x
My fiance and I might (you know, when we win the lottery, like I always say) do Dante and Trish from DMC1 (because Trish is cooler than Lucia) but we don't know yet. ^^;

OMG! Would I actually cosplay a WOMAN!? *gasp*

XD

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

Michi
03-07-2003, 06:55 PM
*^^*; Thankyou for the Kuja compliment, Immortalis. ^-^ I tried my best.

Heeee, Tsuki. XD I'm doing Trish sometime this year if I can figure out the top. DMC = the best.

rpd_girl
03-07-2003, 11:59 PM
nah.... I remeber my 1st con... it was Otakon 2 years ago... and it was right after I saw Love Hina (one of my fav anime) way before it came to the US... and this group of guys dressed at the LH girls. It was AWESOME... soooo funny! They had yarn for wigs, and were so unfeminine...it was great. I love it when people make fun of themselves, you know? The 5:00 shadows and the crooked boobs made it perfect. see pic below.
http://trunks-chickie.tripod.com/Otakon2001/lovehinadudes.jpg

Laiqalassë
03-08-2003, 12:32 AM
I must say... this is quite a delicate issue, begging your pardon.

First and foremost, allow me to say that I started cosplaying two years ago as a crossdresser. And if I were to keep track of my cosplay characters, four out of six were male. AND yes, I AM FEMALE.

Honstly speaking, I do not see the connection (if there is any, begging your pardon) of gender preference concerning the choice of cosplay character. It is an unescapable fact that in cosplaying there are those who prefer dressing up as the opposite sex, BUT as IMMORTALIS has pointed out, it is NOT because of gender preference; rather because of a costume's appearance on the person who wears it. In layman's terms, I like a costume not because it is a man's costume, but because it has an appealing look to the viewer's eye. In my honest opinion, gender preference is merely an outside element, and most certainly NOT a factor.

Besides, it's not like the present society doesn't allow women to wear pants. Even guys who have a knack for crossdresing do it WITHOUT BEING GAY. It all depends on the individual's taste of clothing that his or her wardrobe varies, from the same gender to the other.

Karisu-sama
03-08-2003, 03:13 AM
rpd_girl, don't post links to a Tripod pics, post links to the page it's on, and make sure it works from a "cold click" instead of following links from the main page to get there.

Tripod has an evil way of not letting you see the pics or often even sub-pages if they are clicked on directly (allegedly so people don't steal bandwidth.)

Ravenous
03-08-2003, 10:15 AM
..........this is kinda OT but...

is there a guy who have already crossplayed Yuna of FFX O_o'' I suddenly stared at my hair one day and i noticed it looks like Tidus hair XD....so I wondered if there is anybody who crossplayed the couple.

-from Kira hair to Tidus hair O_o;; weirdness-

IMMORTALIS
03-09-2003, 03:23 AM
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Smojo69:
A lot of times people who crossplay do it to look sexy, I remember when i first crossplayed. My gf came home (who has been tring to make me crossplay for months before) and was like, "WTF?" However I really didnt feel that bad because I was crossplaying, it was kinda funny.

-+ I wish I do look sexy when I crossplay. ~lol~ But nah, seriously, for me, crossplaying is all about having fun. ^_^v +-

Tsukiguujin:
DUDE, you are the best Lucifer I've seen, Cherl. SERIOUSLY. I luff your wings! X_X

-+ Awww......thankies Tsuki! ^___^ Even thoughI have yet to perfect every detail of Lucifer's costume ~__~v to see myself as one of the best. ~winks~ +-

Michi: *^^*; Thankyou for the Kuja compliment, Immortalis. ^-^ I tried my best.

-+ You should start with your Maria Renard costume ya kno. I'm already excited. Hee hee! ^____^v +-

Laiqalassë: It all depends on the individual's taste of clothing that his or her wardrobe varies, from the same gender to the other.

-+ Well said young lad. =] +-

Ravenousi:
TALAGA?!!!!! malapit ka na bumalik? ^_^? weee! nagbabalak kami ni ghost ng AS cast our own version one of these days before the con (and before ure last catwalk as lucifer ;_ hehehe...sensya na at nagtagalog ako, its like the others can relate....hehehe...

-+ I'm already here dearie. ^_^ Missed your devil incarnate? =P Eh? o_O Does Dark_Moon know about this plan of yours? Hmm....honestly...I don't think she will let me take the part as your group's LUCIFER before the actual AS cosplay event. Baka kasi magtampo yun. =( +-

-+ o_O Whoa...now you're planning to go as TIDUS?
I thought you'll go as DANTE? I hope I guessed it
right though. Remember, you made us guess your
next costume at CPWML? =P +-

I have a secret chara too. ~winks~
Maninindak na naman ako. XD

†ALUCARD†

Edited = multiple replies

Karisu-sama
03-09-2003, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by Ravenous
is there a guy who have already crossplayed Yuna of FFX O_o''
There's a guy who crossplayed last year as Yuna at both AX and Ani-magic - I presume he may still wear his (or a) Yuna costume again this year, since he likes the character and does a good job with it...

Ravenous
03-09-2003, 04:51 AM
wee, my devil incarnate is back to the local soil :: droolage :: XD

no, I WASNT seriously doing Tidus O_o; na brought up lang ng fan girl na ka-college ko O_o;;; She was particualrly noticing my growing hair, but man----I need a TAN to look like Tidus, and I only would agree if a guy would go as Yuna....if there is one...in the ml who would in CW :PPPPPPPPPPPPP

O_o;; grabeicious! I dont know naglulurk ka sa ML :: cowers around and hide behind a can :: but yes, Dante of DMC2 will be one of my surprise characters for next year. I want to see if the people will guess my gender. Ahh Dante, he rocks----now i have to practice twirling guns---but ahh, he still rocks . :: does a homer simpson drool ::

IMMORTALIS
03-10-2003, 05:15 AM

Now that's a must-see!
Can't wait to see you all red and raaaaaving yeah! XD

†ALUCARD†

Sixshot
06-29-2004, 05:43 AM
I'm shocked it took me this long to find this thread, I apologize for bumping it. While I have not crossplayed I will admit that part of its temptation is that it is an excuse for me to crossdress in public without it being strange (outside of my normal wear though since a lot of it is girls clothing). I've been crossdressing for a lot longer than I have been desiring to crossplay but the two do coincide for me.

Venator
06-29-2004, 12:48 PM
Yes, I'd agree with that assesment, as negative as it might sound. It is part of the temptation to try crossplay out in public, and at least know you won't be seen as weirdly as in the real, non-convention world.

Of course, I also enjoy making good costumes, and playing the characters they are derived from. That is to say, I don't think the added icentive of revealing crossdressing tendencies alone would be enough to spur on a costume (as is the case now, not so much earlier on in my experience with cosplay). I would still need to like the character and their wardrobe, male or female, to make a costume for them. Which is a good thing for the con-going community, as most of my favorite characters for any given series are men. =P

animeBecky21
06-29-2004, 10:11 PM
I saw this thread popped up and read the title and said to myself, 'who needs an excuse??' I'm already doing full on drag 2-3 times a week and always in at least something feminine. Womens jeans fit me better and I like the flare legs, for example. But I happened onto a link to here by accident and having been devouring up all the anime I came across for months, I thought this might be worth checking out. I've done the whole drag queen scene, and it's both not really me and pretty darn boring for the most part... unless you have some good people with real talent and creativity, once you've seen one drag show you've seen them all.

For fun on halloweens I've done some Britney costumes - not because I like her, just because I thought it would be funny for me as a boy to dress up - especially when I did the red vinyl catsuit like in I forget which video to the second CD she did.

But it comes down to while I am straight and very male, I'm more comfortable to dress and present myself as a girl, be it to hang out at the club or once in a while go to the mall or something - I'd do more of that if I was dating someone into it, it's not as much fun to go on my own, for a number of reasons, and since it takes so long to get ready I am pretty much into a specific habit as to when and where I go out. But I don't let that stop me completely - if I feel like it and have the time, I go pretty much anywhere I want to and feel safe going, dressed whichever way I happen to feel like. It's just a big part of who I am, and I think it would be fun to be able to dress as some of my favorite characters - for stuff I actually like. I'm pretty casual for the most part, sometimes gothic, lots of stuff for fun and some of the wilder stuff is more fetish than anything.

I also think it would be fun to date someone who likes to crossplay or dress up... I've fooled around a bit towards that direction and it was pretty fun, to put it mildly.

I note a lot of you ladies crossplaying mention you like the male characters better, I was also thinking that from a compatibility standpoint someone who likes those sort of things, who likes the action and adventure, would be fun to hang out with - at least it would cut back on the arguments over what movie or TV show to watch!

Becky

Gothic_Catboy
06-30-2004, 07:51 PM
I have crossplayed just because I respect the character I did and liked her costume. I'll have a few more characters to do for all the same reasons I listed above.

foolish_toy
07-01-2004, 06:04 AM
I think it's funny...most crossplayer guys agree that the girls have better costumes and the girl crossplayers think the guys have better costumes

JosephCain
07-01-2004, 10:47 AM
It's an interesting idea, to say the least. I've had interest in crossdressing, but I've been too much of a coward to follow through. Though, it is possible some use it as an excuse to crossdress in public, others like cosplaying their favorite characters, and others do it so well that they end up getting hit on (and seemingly enjoy it). Personally, because of this aspect, I may never try to get a date at a Con. I think my eyes'd cross if I tried to look out for adam's apples everytime I met a girl. :thumbsup:

Though it does kinda stink when girls crossplay, and you can't tell they're girls either... meh. Ah well, some people do it so well, that you can't tell who or what they are... that's when you know you've got it down, or you've got waaaay too much free time. :p I quote a person I once knew in a chat. "Anime makes you gay". :skidude2:

dustbunny
07-02-2004, 09:11 PM
No not for me i only crossplay cause i love the character and well i wear pants too. ^^

lunar_kitsune
07-03-2004, 06:24 AM
I have absolutely no idea why I feel the need to say something...Hmm... *grins*

The first costume I really want to do will be male. The last costume I wore was male. I'm constantly strapping down my chest, speaking quietly since I can't deepen my voice, and I am blamed for turning my friends gay... (They say.) (Both boys and girls)

I'm a horrible yaoi lover. I think I might go beyond extreme... I don't flirt with girls when I dress like a boy, rather, I hang around with boys alot more often. Sure, dressing in t-shirts and jeans is free feeling but dressing like a real masculine character makes me feel powerful. I've got 'want-to-be-a-man' problems. I am totally and completely unsatisfied by my sex and that's okay. I respect girls for loving who they are and I don't try to change anyone, I hardly share my opinions.

Alot of people crossplay characters they like just because they like them and they're the 'awesomest characters on this figgin' planet' (?) and I love my characters too, I just have to admit, getting into the role of a man feels nice... But then when I'm acting like a man I've got this compulsive urge to dress like a girl. It's insatiable really.

~Shini

Animeloilpop
07-05-2004, 12:07 PM
I think it's funny...most crossplayer guys agree that the girls have better costumes and the girl crossplayers think the guys have better costumes

LOL that very true but that could be becuse girl dislike show off their body(well at less i do)

Well I have never crossplyed yet so whatever but I got a skirt that was 2or 3 in above my knee and someone called me a slut(and this was in school) so i dislike wear anything short because of that.
But that fact is some of the boy costume(like shuichi from gravitation) i could see girl wearing them cuz there girl-ish.But at the same time not skimpy.

But just a few years ago i was wearin buggy clothes and binding my boobs^^
but now i dress a little girly. But never pass up a chance to raid my brother closet ^^

^^animeloilpop

JosephCain
07-06-2004, 03:27 PM
LOL that very true but that could be becuse girl dislike show off their body(well at less i do)

Well I have never crossplyed yet so whatever but I got a skirt that was 2or 3 in above my knee and someone called me a slut(and this was in school) so i dislike wear anything short because of that.
But that fact is some of the boy costume(like shuichi from gravitation) i could see girl wearing them cuz there girl-ish.But at the same time not skimpy.

But just a few years ago i was wearin buggy clothes and binding my boobs^^
but now i dress a little girly. But never pass up a chance to raid my brother closet ^^

^^animeloilpop

Sadly enough, most men feel it need be that girls need to dress as skimpy as possible, even though girly boys should be as glammy and covered up as possible without looking like mansluts. Lets face it, the skimpy girls and the more skin, the more money is pulled in for whatever... though I don't like to think I have that mind set. I'd like my girl to be covered up... just something nice and normal to wear.

The more I can see, the more everyone else can see too. I don't think many people realize that factoid when they try to get their girlfriend to wear those shortshorts, or go as skimply dressed character as possible, or even push their girlfriends to do an FFX-2 costume.... those costumes get REALLY skin baring....

BIOJECT
07-07-2004, 03:03 PM
I seriously enjoy wearing women's clothing and when I first discovered crossplaying I was like... I MUST do this. Luckily for me I'm almost out of the closet. About one foot out in fact. For next years expo I'm going to wear a skirt normally. No cosplay. But I do plan on cosplaying as Bridget just to get in some more crossplaying. :P

JosephCain
07-07-2004, 07:41 PM
I seriously enjoy wearing women's clothing and when I first discovered crossplaying I was like... I MUST do this. Luckily for me I'm almost out of the closet. About one foot out in fact. For next years expo I'm going to wear a skirt normally. No cosplay. But I do plan on cosplaying as Bridget just to get in some more crossplaying. :P

Crossplaying a crossdresser who was raised as a girl? Interesting.

enajatrian
07-07-2004, 07:56 PM
The only crossplay I did was dress up as Walter from Hellsing for AX....I'm only doing that because he is a cool character....he is the only guy I have dressed up as, all my other characters are female.

JosephCain
07-07-2004, 08:28 PM
Oddly, no one seems to give a weird eye when a girl crossdresses like a guy, or dresses up in guy's clothing. Hell, some of the storylines in anime, and major films is the tough guy getting the equally tough tomboy girl who has a thing for leather. A guy throws on a dress or a skirt and it's open season for rednecks with torches, shotguns, and huge jugs of cider/liquor. Odd little fact, isn't it? I guess it's because some men look odd in a dress... or some men are just afraid of getting a crush on a crossdresser. :p

enajatrian
07-07-2004, 11:37 PM
I agree...no-one says anything bad when a girl decides to dress like a guy...I went to AX as Walter and all people said was "You go Gurl!" I know people who met cross-dressers and thought they were hot until they found out that she was actually a he. It's an interesting world we live in.

Kamatari.Honjo
07-08-2004, 02:25 AM
hmm.... well kama hasent crossplayed yet. but is concidering. as you prob can figure i wanna do kamatari. only problem is i cant make my own outfit. and i dont know anyone to make one either ';,_,;'

animeBecky21
07-08-2004, 02:31 AM
Go figure. I give men a wide berth when I'm out and about, not like some I've seen who take advantage of the situation.

CNash
07-09-2004, 07:52 PM
Dare I admit, I've never actually cosplayed anything. I'm a CD, plain and simple, and I'm on this board to get tips on how to CD better. I hope you won't hate me for that...

Of course, since I'm a big otaku and RPG player, I'll probably crossplay something eventually... that is, when I move out of my parent's house.

Kamatari.Honjo
07-10-2004, 12:54 AM
Dare I admit, I've never actually cosplayed anything. I'm a CD, plain and simple, and I'm on this board to get tips on how to CD better. I hope you won't hate me for that...

Of course, since I'm a big otaku and RPG player, I'll probably crossplay something eventually... that is, when I move out of my parent's house.

how dare you be almost exactly like me >^_^< except i plan on crossplaying by the age 19

Animeloilpop
07-10-2004, 03:57 AM
Sadly enough, most men feel it need be that girls need to dress as skimpy as possible, even though girly boys should be as glammy and covered up as possible without looking like mansluts. Lets face it, the skimpy girls and the more skin, the more money is pulled in for whatever... though I don't like to think I have that mind set. I'd like my girl to be covered up... just something nice and normal to wear.

The more I can see, the more everyone else can see too. I don't think many people realize that factoid when they try to get their girlfriend to wear those shortshorts, or go as skimply dressed character as possible, or even push their girlfriends to do an FFX-2 costume.... those costumes get REALLY skin baring....

God, i love the way you think. And maybe the fact that i was wearing pleather boot with the skirt got me more look than i want. I like to get looks i dont like smy big butt getting looks O.O

Oddly, no one seems to give a weird eye when a girl crossdresses like a guy, or dresses up in guy's clothing. Hell, some of the storylines in anime, and major films is the tough guy getting the equally tough tomboy girl who has a thing for leather. A guy throws on a dress or a skirt and it's open season for rednecks with torches, shotguns, and huge jugs of cider/liquor. Odd little fact, isn't it? I guess it's because some men look odd in a dress... or some men are just afraid of getting a crush on a crossdresser.

Yes,yes,yes.That because ppl view a man as strong and powerful not some wimpy dude in a dress. As for some men are afraid of geting a crush on a crossdresser is probly true -_-;; some men have to dominate to be happy.

Plus in other country men wear dresses and women wear pants.^_-

^.^ Animeloilpop

JiggyJigen
07-19-2004, 01:36 AM
(message deleted)

soursop
07-19-2004, 02:56 AM
I forgot where I read this, "the only thing worse then a really ugly, hairy obvious male trying to dress like a woman is one who does it convincingly." Yikes! sounds like a damned if you do, damned if you don't proposition. :p

Azzuri
07-19-2004, 04:43 AM

^.^ Animeloilpop
What country is this and where can we buy plane tickets?

Sephiroth-chan
07-19-2004, 08:43 AM
I think one of the best things about crossplaying, is that the male characters always have MUCH more striking costumes...and stories. Besides...I enjoy playing the 'How Many People Mistake the Gender' game...and compare notes after with my friends. Although...I've been mistaken for male in my rare Female character costumes...especially my Integral from Hellsing.

Also...I adore pockets. Besides, it's harder to pick a pocket than to swipe a purse.

Kirin-Riki
07-19-2004, 09:41 PM
well, ive been wanting to turn goth for a while, but my parents dont agree, same goes for crossdressing. so when i move out, ill think about doing some EGL crossplay. i think itll be fun.

JosephCain
07-20-2004, 12:37 AM
Yes,yes,yes.That because ppl view a man as strong and powerful not some wimpy dude in a dress. As for some men are afraid of geting a crush on a crossdresser is probly true -_-;; some men have to dominate to be happy.

^.^ Animeloilpop

With all due respect, I could indeed love a crossdresser, be them man or woman, respectively. I just like to joke around and see if I can get a quick laugh. I swear I'm as bad as Zelos Wilder... say... maybe I should make him my avatar.

... On second thought, no. I'm not that stupid. :p

JiggyJigen
07-20-2004, 01:08 AM
message deleted

JosephCain
07-20-2004, 02:38 AM
Allow me, Jiggy. http://blood-dance.net/goth/grant.html

Sephiroth-chan
07-20-2004, 08:37 AM
"Ignoring historical references to European barbarian tribes and, architectural, literal and art styles, Goth is a subculture." Amen to that.

I suppose the best definitions of 'Goth' these days are "true Gothics" and "Gothettes".

The best way to differentiate those two are these snippit quotes...

True Goth- "Hot Topic?! I'll not touch that place even with a Hazmat suit protected with curse wards."

Gothette- *throws hand over eyes in an overdramatic poise* "Oh my GOTH I could just DIE and go to a Starbucks."

French Quarter Scene in New Orleans. It would be bun to get a slew of crossplayers in their best elegants to hit those streets!

jody
07-20-2004, 02:28 PM
I have admired Cosplaying for a long time. And Crossplaying fits best into my lifestyle. I'm not gay but dress like a girl when I can and Crossplay adds a fantasy dimension to that.

animeBecky21
07-21-2004, 05:41 AM
At the risk of flames, I think you have another kind of Goth. The one that cries and moans about how injust the world is and how people hate them for who and what they are, judging them without really knowing them... while they simultaneously hate other groups of people for who and what they are, and judge those groups without knowing any of the people in them; usually the popular/jock crowd.. granted many members of that group are doing the same hate thing (it really makes me wonder what kids learned in schools starting about 5 years younger than I am, whatever happened to all that getting along stuff from kindergarten??). I don't know what you call that - Gothocrite? But I do know someone who had a run in with a bunch of these kids... which got him beat darn near to death, all because he accdiently bumped into someone at the mall. So I know they exist - but I also know that not every person who is goth, is like that. To assume such would be to fall into the same trap... I have to figure I'm not a complete (expletive) so there must be at least a few other people out there who aren't either.

Hot Topic bad? Geeze and i was trying to get hired in one. If for no other reason than I won't get fired by some homophobic loser for wearing a dress off the clock - heck I could show up to work in a dress and they don't care. Wouldn't that be fun....

By the way, any of you plain CD'ers can PM me and I'll send you some links to more CD-oriented (and I don't mean porn!) sites.

JiggyJigen
07-21-2004, 09:25 AM
this message was deleted

JosephCain
07-21-2004, 07:41 PM
I'd be just happy that someone else wanted to be like me. I'm kind of tired of all those "Poser" and all that crappy nonsense that everyone keeps blathering about. Sure, clothes are clothes, but give me a freak people, they can't just up and steal your identity by wearing the clothes like they were uniform goth or whatever. By all means, keep your "poser" remarks, but I be damned if I give a flipping flying shiz about what you say about my clothing being black, since black goes good with dark brown hair. 'Nuff said.

Sixshot
07-22-2004, 02:37 PM
Hmmm....I didn't know that about Hot Topic. It's very tempting to work there now since I like to wear their girls clothing on a regular basis anyway. I've been shopping there a few times in their clothing and some of them actually think i'ts cool that I can wear their girls outfits. As for the poseur thing I don't really care. I only dress that way two or three days out of the week because I don't have enough outfits and I just like my other clothes two. Some of us don't do it to fit in or because we think it's coool, it's just how I like to dress and I don't have enough outfits to do it seven days a week.

Kirin-Riki
07-24-2004, 01:46 PM
what exactly is hot topic? i know its a store. but we dont have any up north... X(

animeBecky21
07-26-2004, 12:47 AM
I guess the easiest thing would be to tell you "visit their website' ... it's sort of like one of the stores, even to that no two get quite exactly the same stuff in - some things are only online and some only in mall stores.

www.hottopic.com