PDA

View Full Version : Sakura Con!! *dances*

Nine
02-22-2003, 12:26 AM
I'm going! Who else here is going? I'll be wearing...

Officer Jenny from Pokemon
Naga from Slayers
Lulu from Final Fantasy X

and some other random bits of my costume! :D

Shadow Lady
02-22-2003, 12:31 AM
Yay! Another person going to Sakura Con.

I''ll be in my R. Dorothy costume and possibly Dominique the Cyclops (if I get of my lazy ass and finish it):p

See ya there.

Aoshi Shinomori
02-22-2003, 01:31 AM
yeah finally a thread im going heh

Eurobeat King
02-22-2003, 12:43 PM
Sakuracon will be my next con, and it can't come too soon, since I'm suffering from post-con withdrawl after Katsucon.. :thumbsup: But I've already gotten my air tickets, pre-reg, and hotel room. Now to decide which costumes:

Since it'll be my first time in 6 years to go back north to Seattle, I'll prolly just bring my fave costumes. They are:

-Shinji
-Trowa (EW version)
-Saitou (no sword)
-Ohgami
-Jann Lee (if there's a DOA gathering)
-Ryosuke

Grrr... 6 more weeks to go.. Let March fly by, I want April here now! haha :razz:

A J
02-22-2003, 01:28 PM
Noooo... March needs to crawl so I can finish my costume! LOL :)

I'll be there for one day (Saturday probably) and the idea is to have BloodRayne but who knows the way work is kicking my butt...

Lynzie
02-22-2003, 01:31 PM
Oooh, AJ, you'll be there? <3

I'll be there. ^_^ I should have Milfeulle from Galaxy Angel and Misha from Pitaten. POSSIBLY "Punk Zelda", which is an original design I'm actually doing on a dare. :P But probably not. ^_^

Sailor Naboo
02-22-2003, 05:25 PM
Yay, we got our own section!

I'm going again!

I'm bringing:
A school uniform (a secret ;) )
Sakura Street Fighter
1 or 2 Elegant Gothic Lolita outfits
My red hakama with white Kimono top

And something new I'm going to make durring finals week and Spring break. I still don't know what that something new is...but I think I'm going to try to use my long green wig with bangs. I asked about ideas for it in another thread.

Since I haven't been asked to judge this year, I'm thinking about doing Cosplay again, but I'm not sure what to do.

Lyndie, You have to do the punk Zelda! It sounds like fun.

Adella
02-22-2003, 07:08 PM
We'll maybe go ^_^

Lynzie
02-22-2003, 09:16 PM
I don't know if I'm gonna have time to finish Punk Zelda, is the problem. ^^; I have to buy more fabric for it, too, so money's an issue. :P I'm going to Anime Oasis two weeks before Sakuracon, so~

Adella, you have to come. ^__^ It'd be so much fun to meet!

Miaka No Baka
02-23-2003, 12:59 AM
yep I be going too ^_^ I've got soo much work to do not enough time lol! I'm currently working on 2 costumes (neither are mine ;_; ) aoshi's sesshoumaru costume and his pso humar costume. Hopefully I can get both fully done in time! Sakura con's coming up faster for us due to we'll be in canada from the 27th of march til early friday april 4th so less sewing time for me =(

Miaka no Baka

Serenader
02-23-2003, 07:58 PM
I'll be there! >D!

I *MIGHT* be there as -

Momiji from Fruits Basket
Wolfwood from Trigun
Chii from Chobits (This one is unlikely)

^^ Feel free to glomp me! I'll have a sign on me reading "FREE GLOMPS!" >3

I hope I see you all and if I do can I glomp? *-*

A J
02-23-2003, 09:35 PM
We really need to get badges or something so we know who to pester when we walk past them at a con... :)

-AJ

Michi
02-23-2003, 10:38 PM
Dammit. It sounds fun. But. Argh. If I wanna make Anime Oasis, and then A-kon...? I dunno. ^_^; I wouldn't have anything interesting to wear. :X

Lynzie
02-24-2003, 12:11 AM
Michi, I'm sure we'd all love to have you there, even if you didn't have anything new. :D

Michi
02-24-2003, 12:57 AM
AO isn't looking quite so good.. I wonder if I should try Sakura? XD

Sailor Naboo
02-24-2003, 02:11 PM
I'm just glad Sakura isn't the same weekend as Fanime this year. Last year it was such a surprise when Fanime announced their dates! I think it's great that Sakura is getting more and more people from California and other areas of the country, not just Washington, Oregon and British Columbia!

Aoshi Shinomori
02-25-2003, 01:24 AM
heh well my name tag will hopefully say Aoshi Shinomori

Medellia
02-26-2003, 05:34 PM
I'll be there as Robin (Witch Hunter), Baiken (GGX), and possibly an EGL version of Sora's nightmare costume =)

Lynzie
02-26-2003, 10:41 PM
^_^ Come, Michi, come~

Michi
02-26-2003, 10:47 PM
*checks site* @.x

*fizzles and dies at the $50 at-the-door reg* o_________o

Is it worth it? ^^;

If I can find transport and a room, I'd go, but.. wow.. $50.. that's like, AX. o_o

Serenader
02-27-2003, 08:15 PM
I thought it was definitely worth it. O_o

Eh, I changed my mind. o.o I'm going to be Mana for Sakuracon since there was only one last year. ._.; Trying to arrange a Malice Mizer group. And, hopefully, I'll have a badge that says "SERENADER" or some prominant sign. O_o Put my name on my convention baggy. >D;

Hope I see you all there!

Lynzie
02-27-2003, 08:35 PM
Well, I'd offer you room with me, but uh, we already have six people in the room and it's only one bed. XD

I love Sakuracon, though. ^^;;

GreenElfie
02-28-2003, 10:52 AM
dammit, i wish i still lived in washington so i could go...

Hikaru Tsuki
02-28-2003, 09:35 PM
Woot! I'm going, definately! ^^

I'll be:
- Puchiko from Digi Charat
- Ren from Shaman King
- Dilandau from Escaflowne
- Inuyasha from Inuyasha
- Shawn Michaels from WWE

Wheeeeee! I'm so excited over Sakura Con! It's finally almost here! =DDD

Michi
02-28-2003, 09:36 PM
Tempted! Tempted! I think Anime Oasis is too close but SakuraCon is expensive and ARGH. o_o

Originally posted by Serenader
I'm going to be Mana for Sakuracon since there was only one last year. ._.; Trying to arrange a Malice Mizer group.

Which Mana? ^^ *does MM cosplay* o.o

Nine
02-28-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Aeris
We'll maybe go ^_^

You better go! I wanna meet you!!

Michi - The door price is well worth it!! GOGOGO!! :D:D

Eurobeat King - I hope I meet you there, I want you to take pics of me in my costumes!! :D

I can't wait!! Also, Yoko Ishida will be there!!!! YAY!

..I'm bringing my BT (.hack//SIGN) and Towa (Kaikan Phrase) costumes too, if I can fix them up. I want more costumes to wear.

I will also try to buy a cheap portable battery operated CD playing boom box so I can play Eurobeat music to Para Para too! I also hope they have Para Para Paradise there!!!!! :)

Serenader
03-01-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Michi
Which Mana? ^^ *does MM cosplay* o.o

I'm gonna be an original Mana. o.o The dress concept art is in my gallery. I'm hoping to get a Klaha and Yu~ki, but my friends don't sound so sure. ^^;

Ashe
03-03-2003, 03:14 AM
Ill be there. Been recently inspired to finish my Quon costume for the occasion- is anyone else in the world doing RahXephon cosplay?

Aoshi Shinomori
03-04-2003, 01:21 AM
Yeah more people from cali going up to sakuracon..

Nine
03-06-2003, 02:29 AM
Really? That's really cool! :D I wish I could go down to california for anime expo.. but I have like NO money. XD

Miaka No Baka
03-06-2003, 03:04 AM
yay! sakura con is coming up fast! NO WAIT! NOOOOOOOOOO *looks at all the stuff she has left to do on her costumes* aww man I've got like 3 weeks to finish sesshoumaru, my myu styled misao, find the rest of my yuna costume (mainly the earring) finish aoshi's HUmar costume and finish the remainder things on my FOnwearl costume. Good lord have I got my work cut out for me! Thank god I only work 2 hours a day now ^_^;

Miaka no Baka

elfinder
03-06-2003, 08:04 PM
Hai Hai! I am going too! Bringing A WHOLE lot of costumes!

Yuna - FFX
Rabi en Rose - Digi Charat
Chii - Chobits
Misaki - Angelic Layer
Kagome - INuyasha
Koinosuke - Jubeichan
Hitomi - escaflowne

Oooh a Quon cosplayer! Goooo Rahxeohon, sadly I have too many costumes as it is, so the Reika costume i plan to do won't go to this years Sakura Con

I can't wait to take group pics with all of the Yunas!

sailor tweek
03-06-2003, 08:31 PM
*cries* I'm NOT going this year!

Well...that's because I bought Wrestlemania tickets instead. *evil grin*

I miss you Lynzie and Naboo! Take lots of pictures! ^_^

Hikaru Tsuki
03-06-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by sailor tweek

Gee, I don't know whether to feel sorry for you, or to die of jealousy. O_O Cheer nice and loud when Shawn comes in for me. ^^!

Miaka No Baka
03-07-2003, 02:17 AM
ooh yeah we bought raw tix for the 24th showing over here in sacramento XD Our first live show muahaha and it's the last raw before wrestlemania. what makes me mad is u could buy 50 tix at once and there's bastards on ebay selling front row seats to raw for $250 a pair *GRUMBLE GRUMBLE*

Miaka no Baka

Nine
03-07-2003, 06:36 AM
I'm *so* excited that cosplay.com will be at sakuracon~ :D

sailor tweek
03-07-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Hikaru Tsuki
Gee, I don't know whether to feel sorry for you, or to die of jealousy. O_O Cheer nice and loud when Shawn comes in for me. ^^!

I'll be cheering extra loud for him!

If I was going to Sakura Con this year I would have brought with me:
Mad Hatter from Angel Sancuary
Ed from Cowboy Bebop
Lum from Urasi Yatsura
Kitty girl of some sort

Oh well...perhaps next year. ^_^ That way, I can actually come up with new freakin' costumes! *LOL*
:D

Lynzie
03-07-2003, 01:55 PM
Muwahaha. I just bought another memory card for my camera; I should have pleeenty of pictures. <3

Vikee
03-07-2003, 11:57 PM
Mm! I'm going. I'm gonna have:

Tifa - FFVIII
A lot of FFX-2 Yunas (It's a secret...X3)
Nana - Animag
Dia - HM
Yuffie - KH

Oooh yeah! I can't wait. ^^

-Vikee-

mughi3
03-08-2003, 04:16 AM
well since i am staff somehow i think i will be there
look for xenon ishikawa from seikima II in a black chinese brocade trenchcoat on saturday ;)

and Medellia
i will be looking for that robin
:D

Shadow Lady
03-08-2003, 04:12 PM
Damn. My Dominique costume plans are crashing. I think I'll just wear all black and make a mask.
I'm gonna be No Face from Spirited Away!

Insane_Puck
03-09-2003, 09:34 PM
Dood I ish gonna be there as like my first Con ever n stuff :D... Damn this is gonna be like hella cool I will get to see my idle... Piro from mega tokyo SCORE!!!!!!

Sailor Naboo
03-10-2003, 12:12 AM
Hi Tweek! I wish you were coming this year! I never bothered to sell any of the old costumes, so you could have worn Mars again! :)

Lynzie, If you have a smart media card, we can download some of your pictures to the laptop for you if your card gets full and you want more pics.

My husband is also bringing his hiptop (sidekick) with a camera and he's going to be uploading pics as he takes them to his journal. It doesn't take very good pictures, but it should be fun to see an "as it happens" look at the con.

Lynzie
03-10-2003, 12:34 PM
Yep, I've got Smart Media. ^_^ I have... uhm, one 64 meg, one 128 meg, and one 8 meg. (:P Stupid 8 meg came with the camera.) But if you don't mind letting me use the laptop, it definitely sounds like a plan! ^_^ I can't wait for Sakuracon~

sailor tweek
03-10-2003, 01:33 PM
That would be too cool to wear Mars again!
Well heck, if you don't sell it buy next year's Sakura Con, I'll wear it then!:bigtu:

Oh yes, lots of pictures! :bouncer: I'll be watching updates online checking with L and Fansview and Naboo's site!

I'm not too sad about missing the con...I just think of it as having plenty of time to prepare for next year's con! Wheee!

Quetzalcoatl
03-11-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Lynzie
Well, I'd offer you room with me, but uh, we already have six people in the room and it's only one bed. XD

I love Sakuracon, though. ^^;;

Check the SakuraCon message boards...there are still more than a few openings in other people's rooms if you want to stay at the hotel. (mainly because of friends canceling at the last minute...grr...)

nekomi
03-12-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by sailor tweek

Hi, Tweek n' everybody. It's Pam aka Mercury. I'm going to Wrestlemania too! :rockon: w00t! So, I'll be cheerin' HBK too Hikaru ;) I'll also be going to Sakuracon. I'll be going as Kimiko from Megatokyo, Sakura from Naruto, and (hopefully) Yuzuriha from X.

sailor tweek
03-12-2003, 02:12 PM
Pam! ^_^ *hugs* Wonderful! I'll be cheering HBK too...even though he'll be wrestling against my fave Chris Jericho!

I hope that you take lots of pictures at Sakura Con as well, Nekomi! I will be there next year...I have officially decided NOW. ^_^

Sailor Naboo
03-12-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Lynzie
Yep, I've got Smart Media. ^_^ I have... uhm, one 64 meg, one 128 meg, and one 8 meg. (:P Stupid 8 meg came with the camera.) But if you don't mind letting me use the laptop, it definitely sounds like a plan! ^_^ I can't wait for Sakuracon~

Sure, it's got a CD burner, so we can download the pictures and then burn a CD for you right away. :)

Sailor Naboo
03-12-2003, 11:14 PM
Pam! OMG! I missed you last year! I had your stuff with me.

Taper and I got married last August and Andy was our best man. We're still all in one big happy household, but we moved from the apartment when I bought the house about a year and a half ago. I still need to put my wedding pictures on my website, I had an amazing dress. :)

Sakura Con is like what a high school reunion should be. I can't imagine anyone from high school that I'd be interesting in knowing about, but each year it's so much fun to look forward to seeing all the Sakura Con people again. There are these two girls that have done Jesse and James for the past two years and last year James did a "James the Flaming Moltress" costume. I can't wait to see if they continue the theme this year! The girl who is Jesse is SO pretty...especially her hair! Also, it's always cool to see what version of Akuma Chris will be doing. I'm also interested in seeing any new commisions Melissa has done.

I'm mostly doing school uniforms this year, but I bought this amazing white corset with silvery threads in it on eBay and I'm trying to find a costume that will let me wear it on the outside of my clothes. (Sheese, that sounds like madonna!) I was thinking of making up a "Sexy Moogle Girl" costume using it.

mughi3
03-13-2003, 02:19 AM
I'm also interested in seeing any new commisions Melissa has done.
i'll be wearing one of them :D :devil:

nekomi
03-13-2003, 09:56 AM
Hugs *Tweek, Naboo, & Lynzie*
Naboo - Sakuracon is really like a high school reunion! Well like what a CLAMP school reunion would be like anyway. Congrats to your wedding! You'll have to post pics! See you & Lynzie @ the con. Maybe I'll see ya Tweek @ Wrestlemania (it's huge though, so I don't know).

sailor tweek
03-13-2003, 11:50 AM
*LOL* Pam: I'll be like the only one wearing a y2Jericho hockey jersey at Safeco Field! I can't wait! What a way to end a spring break...and we're going to RAW the next evening, too!

Naboo: I can't wait to see your wedding pictures! ^_^

I think that it will be like abit of a reunion when I go to 2004 Sakura Con. Have any of the other Knights been seen lately?

I found all of the costuming stuff that I was going to use to make a bunch of costumes for my boyfriend...but he's not very interested in costuming anymore...but I still am! Female Ryoga, female Tetsuyo, Female Larva...the list goes on. ^_^

castleoutsider
03-31-2003, 05:13 AM
huk;; ive never been to a con.. and this one is like AH so close! --; and the only one thats close to me.. why am i always late to find these things out?? aish ;;; mmm maybe next year T___T

Nine
03-31-2003, 06:46 AM
yay sakuracon is in like 4 days! I finished everything and packed everything.. now I just have to wait !_! *cries*

moo
03-31-2003, 03:08 PM
I'm disappointed that most of the Japanese guests of honor have cancelled, but that's understandable. The planned panels so far seem to be quite interesting which means my con registration will be put to good use for once. XD

4 days left? Uh oh, I have to make repairs to various costumey bits! I'm bringing Urd, Peorth, and 2 mortal costumes. I hope to see other AMG peeps there!

Raider3
04-01-2003, 03:29 AM
I'm bringing Tanaka from Otaku no Video again, I'll probably be doing hall cosplay on Saturday. I'm not taking as many costumes as two of my room mates - only because I don't have any others, and because I'm committed to doing one suitcase, and one carry on... going to be filling up all luggage space of a rental car I'll have for two of the 3 days.

Yes, it's getting closer, and I'm just hanging on until it's time to make the mad dash to the airport under cover of darkness...

Nine
04-01-2003, 07:28 AM
AAH so close omgomgomgomg XD *freaks* I hope the anti-canadian stuff thats going on in washington doesn't affect my friends and I when we are down there for the convention.. ;_; That's my only worry.

Lynzie
04-01-2003, 12:48 PM
:P In case anyone's wondering, all kinds of stuff has been coming up and nothing really got finished... so I'm just gonna make do with what I have. Oh well. <3

Sailor Naboo
04-01-2003, 11:17 PM
I'm going to stay home this year I think. (no April fools)

I just don't want to miss Physics class. It's Thursday from 11-2pm. I think I could handle missing one Asian Art class (Thursday from 3-4:20) but I want a solid A in Physics this time.

If I knew someone that was leaving Eugene sometime after 2 on Thursday that had room in their car, I'd still go, but the people I'm riding with want to go earlier.

Lynzie
04-02-2003, 01:00 AM
Okay, well, that wasn't meant to be an April Fools joke, but it is now. LOL. Anyway, I managed to make myself a Tetra (from LoZ: The Windwaker) costume, and I'm gonna have a makeshift Milfeulle (from Galaxy Angel.) too, AND Al/Eurobeat King is letting me borrow his King costume. Yay! <3

Insane_Puck
04-05-2003, 12:20 AM
well me this year since I am going as a Business Official I will be wearin either a "I want a Japanese Girl Friend" T shirt a brown one at that.... or Good oll Black Hoodie... So if ya see a guy walking round wearing a black Hoodie with Red hair Spiked up and a 40" chain.... that would be me n shiznat so ya if ya see me just holla and I will be like wha or something along those lines so ya folks I will be seein yas tomorrow gotta wake up at 4:00am and drive to seattle from crappy Hillsborito >.< so ya I wish I could cosplay as Onizuka or like some of my other favorite chars but ya maybe some other year I will do it... so peace easy folks

This has been a Public Service Announcment from Insane Puck n stuff so ya...

Dante-chan
04-15-2003, 08:11 PM
Been going to conventions for a while.... Glad to see some new faces! Plus this year was Awsome! XD Seeing Akuma Chris is always cool and it was great having Eurobeat King there to take picture rocked! ^_^

Michi I don't know if your were able to come to Sakura-con but it would have been great sering you. MAhahaha! Another Kuja ;3

Nine you rule! ^_^ I have another friend of mine who wasn't able to make it to the convention since he's in Japan right now, but he also planned on doing LuLu himself. You did a great job as Lulu though! ^.^ Looked Sexy! ^_^

asmodeus
10-01-2003, 02:34 PM
where's sakuracon???

mughi3
10-01-2003, 02:49 PM
where's sakuracon???
seatac airport hilton and convention center, seattle washington
http://www.usagichan.com/Sakura2003/

GirlGenChan
01-28-2004, 12:27 PM
Ill be there. Been recently inspired to finish my Quon costume for the occasion- is anyone else in the world doing RahXephon cosplay?

I was goiing to Sakura-con but plans changed. I plan on doing Quon for my next con, and my boyfriend going as Ayato.

Heiryck
01-29-2004, 11:18 AM
Is the masquerade ball different from the dance?

topleka
01-29-2004, 09:04 PM
Yes. There is a Masquerade Ball on Friday, and a Rave dance on Saturday. The Masquerade Ball is more formal, and will have ballroom dancing music and stuff. The rave. Well...it's a rave.

Kateko
01-30-2004, 01:34 AM
*drools* Raaaaaaave....

Oh. Right. Anyways, I will be cosplaying - for the FIRST TIME EVER - as Kotoko of Chobits. Woo! :D

Heiryck
02-03-2004, 02:28 PM
Excellent theres going to be a formal ball......maybe I'll be Lloyd from legend of dragoon. For the rave that is hottness on its own.

princessbunny99
02-07-2004, 06:54 AM
*claps and dances* Sakuracon, my first con! I'm really hoping to go, I'll be Coo from DiGi, and then two EGL costumes I made meself :D

Never been to a rave. It'll be interesting :D

Shadowblade
02-08-2004, 04:19 AM
Lets see, if I go

Hitokiri Botosai
Tatewaki Kuno
A few surprises even I do not know
Hopeing to be able to do the Docter from Excel Saga

WashuOtaku
02-27-2004, 06:28 PM
I shall be there, and I will be taking pictures too! This will be my first West Coast Con... so it BETTER be good.

topleka
02-27-2004, 10:27 PM
It'll be good no worries. ::thumbs up::

darkenedxstar
02-28-2004, 12:41 AM
I hope to come too and I know it's a big con but not as big as AX right? And the price for it is quite pricey. Just like Anime Expo too. T_T My local convention, Anime Evolution, is only $15-25 I think. lol

Eurobeat King
02-28-2004, 04:43 AM
GirlGenChan: This thread started a while ago, and Ashley's post was made almost a year ago. She ended up going to Anime Boston (but wished she went to Sakuracon 2003 instead) and we were originally planning to do a Raxephon-ParaPara skit, but it fell through. :lost:

It'll be a fun con, since I thought it was one of the best cons I attended in 2003, and this year along with my return to S-con, Admin & Aeris will be going so that'll add to the fun. :D (Be sure to greet them and give them a warm welcome to their first Sakuracon!) ;)

Eternal Eclipse
03-06-2004, 03:19 PM
I will be attending SakuraCon. As of yet, my costume list is:

Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)
Sakura (Tsubasa)