PDA

View Full Version : Pants Petticoat? ((Sora from KH2))

Kateko
04-05-2006, 04:09 PM
So I'm planning on cosplaying Sora from Kingdom Hearts 2. He has these big poofy pants - here's a reference picture - (http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/550/550308/img_2948781.html) and I always see cosplayers just make baggy shorts. That doesn't look horrible, but if possible I'd like to find a way to make them poof out like that, at least a bit.

So I had an idea - why not make a pants petticoat? It'd be like a pair of pants, then on the legs I'd add tulle to poof out the pants. I'd wear it under Sora's pants... Does anyone have any reasons why this wouldn't work, or any comments? I think it's a good idea ^^

TwiliteSea
04-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Actually, I've done something similar (with my original HT Sora and my Neoshadow), but I just stuffed the pants with regular pillow/stuffed animal stuffing. It maintained it's shape really well and looked accurate to how his shorts look.
I think that's a bit of a better route to take with this than to use tulle. Plus its comfy to sit on ^^
Picture of both pants (the Sora used my HT Sora pants for her costume)
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=278456

Kateko
04-05-2006, 08:42 PM
Ooh, I like how yours looks, and stuffing would give me more control over where and how it poofed out. The reason I didn't like the idea of stuffing was because I saw a picture of a Sora cosplayer who had stuffed their shorts, and well...the way they'd done it was really weird, so it looked like they had just taken a comforter and made pants out of it ^^; but yours look really good!

Could you let me know, more precisely, what you did? I would guess that you had two layers - some tighter pants or something and then the overlayer (the outside) then stuffed in between them...is that right? And did you put elastic at the bottoms of them?

TwiliteSea
04-06-2006, 09:17 PM
Yeah, that's pretty much what I did ^^ Its really hard for me to explain it, but you summed it up exactly XD
I didn't put elastic at the bottoms, tho. I stuffed the bottoms of the shorts enough so that it would kinda "close" around my leg.
Again, its hard for me to say it in words ~___~

ChibiTifa05
04-07-2006, 02:26 AM
Actually, a lot of the KH2 Sora cosplayers I've talked to wore bloomers underneath the pants. It actually works very well from what I've seen.

Kateko
04-07-2006, 03:40 AM
Yeah, that's pretty much what I did ^^ Its really hard for me to explain it, but you summed it up exactly XD
I didn't put elastic at the bottoms, tho. I stuffed the bottoms of the shorts enough so that it would kinda "close" around my leg.
Again, its hard for me to say it in words ~___~

No, I get whatcha mean :D And I'm glad because elastic annoys me.