View Full Version : Fabric Help

04-07-2006, 04:19 AM
Im doing Xing Cai from Dynasty Warriors 5, and im not sure what type of fabric she is wearing. Thank for for your help in advance.

Is her skirt dyed? or maybe its some sort of lighting effect in the picture... so confused.

04-07-2006, 06:49 AM
Hmm, it's hard to tell if it's a gradient or not. I'm thinking it might just be lighting since all of her clothes seem to have that same effect. It definitely looks to me like she's wearing a patterned brocade though. At least the cream and green fabrics. Since the black part looks like some sort of modified corset-type thing I'd make it out of a heavier material or line it really well.

04-07-2006, 12:22 PM
The only part that has gradient dying is the green ruffles on her shoulder. the rest is all brocade =) gotta love those evil dw designs ^_^

04-07-2006, 02:34 PM
Yup, brocade is commonly used for Dynasty Warrior cosplays.

To me, it looks like her skirt is definitely gradient dyed. Starting from like a mint green at the top to a really deep green at the bottom.
Same with the green trim on her shoulder 'armor'.

Now that I look like it, a lot of the white brocade is gradient too, at least mostly the parts on her legs. White at top, a kinda muddy grey/brown at the bottom.