PDA

View Full Version : Fabric Help

Aleria
04-07-2006, 04:19 AM
Im doing Xing Cai from Dynasty Warriors 5, and im not sure what type of fabric she is wearing. Thank for for your help in advance.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/KazeHime/Xing20Cai20model.jpg

Is her skirt dyed? or maybe its some sort of lighting effect in the picture... so confused.

Ironekilz
04-07-2006, 06:49 AM
Hmm, it's hard to tell if it's a gradient or not. I'm thinking it might just be lighting since all of her clothes seem to have that same effect. It definitely looks to me like she's wearing a patterned brocade though. At least the cream and green fabrics. Since the black part looks like some sort of modified corset-type thing I'd make it out of a heavier material or line it really well.

kkoganei1328
04-07-2006, 12:22 PM
The only part that has gradient dying is the green ruffles on her shoulder. the rest is all brocade =) gotta love those evil dw designs ^_^

Aer
04-07-2006, 02:34 PM
Yup, brocade is commonly used for Dynasty Warrior cosplays.

To me, it looks like her skirt is definitely gradient dyed. Starting from like a mint green at the top to a really deep green at the bottom.
Same with the green trim on her shoulder 'armor'.

Now that I look like it, a lot of the white brocade is gradient too, at least mostly the parts on her legs. White at top, a kinda muddy grey/brown at the bottom.