PDA

View Full Version : making accesories that look dangerously real but aren't

NeoDrifter
08-01-2002, 07:47 PM
Hi I've been wondering about the Cosplay Costumes I have seen and I've been thinking. What if we were able to make the costumes really good like as in good enough to be used as normal clothes. I am making a vow from here on in. At any con you see me at you will see my costumes be just like real clothes like in an anime series. If I ever do a gundam than I hope to actually make it out of plates of metal. Also for accessories I plan to make mine as realistic as possible. I will even attempt to obtain a sword just like the character I will go as. Realism is my new goal for Cosplaying:skidude2: Keep an eye out for me I will be wearing a badge that says I promised on Cosplay.com and I hoped I pulled through

NeoDrifter
08-01-2002, 07:55 PM
I'd like some opinion on this so welcome to anyone to say something

Cynthia
08-02-2002, 12:00 AM
I hope you can pull it off-it's no where near as easy as it sounds (I should know). For the metal pieces of armor, try very thin sheet metal and pound it into the shape you want it for. Also, it's one thing to make realistic weapons, but another thing to go out of your way to buy them. An anime con I'll be attending in September will only let people bring bokens-so, please check with the con to make sure it's okay to bring your prop.

Yukai
08-04-2002, 10:33 PM
Good luck with the realism. I'll be sure to look out for that. ^.~

Mei Lan Chang
08-04-2002, 10:40 PM
It sounds like you are swearing on the bible or something with how serious you are. It's really hard to make costumes that look exact because I mean, they are animations! It's a lot easier to draw a costume than make one. But if you suceed, you sure get my respect. And if you fail, sucks to be you. KIDDING! But good luck with it, I know I try my best too.

NeoDrifter
08-04-2002, 11:26 PM
thanks *puts hand on bible* i swear on this umm holy thing we call a bible to do as best as possible and I hope to be very good at making cosplay costumes

Yukai
08-04-2002, 11:28 PM
O_O Now there is swearing on a bible....

NeoDrifter
08-04-2002, 11:31 PM
yes of course.......although I don't like to be in such a religious family as mine.......everything is evil......this is evil........thats evil......don't even think of that..........oh yeah definitely evil.........ahh oh well I love anime no matter what and the costumes will have to be sold after I'm done......no room and considered evil

Yukai
08-04-2002, 11:34 PM
My family considers me evil... ~.~() Oh well. Sell your costumes?!?!? WOW. I could never get rid of mine...There's blood and lots of work in them... even if they are simple. I'm sorry you have to get rid of them.

NeoDrifter
08-04-2002, 11:38 PM
yeah well...if I only spent moderate time on them I'd sell.....other then that if I spent over 200 on them like my RE costume I make up an excuse to keep it or store it at a freinds house for safekeeping.......ways aruond the law as they say

NeoDrifter
08-04-2002, 11:39 PM
I can't wait till I find a pic of me at otakon with that one pose I did with my fake Beretta

DigitalCactus
08-17-2002, 03:00 AM
Realism eh? Thats tough man. I'm going for the realistic LOOK, just not real materials. I.E: My 2003 Cervantes de León GOLD ARMOUR costume (from Soul Calibur) will kick more ass than my 2001 Gold armour, this I promise you! I've already embarked on my journey of papier maché/fibreglassing to construct it, I hope I succeed. After the armour is done I still have both of his swords to do. Yay.

NeoDrifter
08-18-2002, 02:42 PM
I have a lack of funds so I have to vacuum form my armor for now, WAIT TILL I GET METAL MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HaloNoir
08-18-2002, 11:26 PM
Lack of funds yet you have a vaccum form!?! Wow kewl! I thought those were expensive ^_^

NeoDrifter
08-18-2002, 11:39 PM
not really, I found that with the proper searching vacuum forming is CHEAP, just look hard and stay patient