PDA

View Full Version : CCSakura: Poofy shorts?! O.o

Ameme
04-08-2006, 09:43 PM
Hi, everybody! :3 Kind of n00balicious, but in need of some help-

Well, as Fanime is coming up and I'm not up to par on some of my costumes, I decided to go through with completion of Sakura's Fairy Costume (http://cardcaptor.strictlyshoujo.com/cbfairycostume.html) from Cardcaptor Sakura. I always thought it was cute, and now I have the hair for it. :3

I have most of this costume all sorted out, but I'm having a little trouble with those poofy knickers! I'm not the most adept seamstress as of yet, so I can't really see myself figuring out how to make them and making them well in the next fourty-six days without serious help. My question is.. is there anywhere online that sells something like these shorts? Any suggestions would help.

Thank you, I appreciate it. :3 Nice to meet all of you.

geckochan
04-08-2006, 10:01 PM
Actually, I think the shorts would be the easiest part of the costume - certainly easier than the dress or wings. If you want to give them a try, Simplicity 8851 includes a pair of short bloomers - I haven't made them in the short length the pattern comes in (which is probably right for you), but have lengthened them for a pair of bloomers which came out very cute. They have elastic around the waist and legs, so sizing etc is easy. When worn, you could just flip the elastic casing at the bottom of the legs inside to create the look of the illustration.
There are a number of stores online where one could buy that sort of thing (eg. gothic lolita clothing stores), but that's usually in basic colours (black, white, cream) - you probably wouldn't find that yellow you need.
Anyway, they really are very easy to make, mine were just a one day project and that included lace, etc.
Good luck, I'm sure you'll look really cute!

tfcreate
04-08-2006, 10:18 PM
Try places that sell square-dancing apparell. Pantaloons and other things are part of most dance costumes.
Good luck....
TFC

Ameme
04-09-2006, 12:50 AM
Thank you to you both! :3

I'll look around some more, and if not- I will probably be able to get enough to help on them I really appreciate the help! :D *hands you cookies!*

purplevix
04-09-2006, 12:52 AM
What you basically want to do, is take a pair of boxers, make the legs a little wider near the hem (they'll look like bells) then run some elastic through the hem, and you're done! The elastic should be just a little shorter than is necessary to go around the corresponding part of your thigh (only by like an inch) that'll make it bunch like how you want.

Good luck, fellow Sakura maker!

Ameme
04-09-2006, 02:25 PM
Thank you for the advice as well, m'dear! :D I can't wait to see your costume, I LOVE that one. *.* One of my favorites..

Am I right in believing you're going to Fanime? Because, if so, I might see you there! :D

Anyway, I'm going to talk with my seamstress-aid today, so I'll take this advice to her. Thanks a bunch. ^_^

bunnybeth
04-11-2006, 10:29 AM
For my Mew Berry (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=563889) shorts, I took the pattern mentioned by geckochan, Simplicity 8851, short bloomers. I increased the length by 2" and doubled the width. Really fast and easy to sew. I stuffed them with a petticoat.

For yours, the fairy Sakura shorts are even shorter and a bit smaller. For them, I would leave the pattern length as-is, and probably only increase the width by 75%. If you don't want to buy a petticoat (I just found it easier) you could try stuffing it with loose tulle/netting.

Good luck!

procrastinator
04-11-2006, 12:28 PM
People have already said most of my ideas but I'll throw another one out there. Check out Cheer bloomers. (Patterns, that is.) I don't know if they will be as big as you want them to be, but feel free to stuff them with tulle or plastic bags (like from walmart or whatever) if you reeeeeally want them to be poofy.

inuyashasgurl
04-13-2006, 07:20 PM
you could buy a pair of short that are the same colour and then take the hemming out around the bottom then you could just sew elastic in it the sew the hemming back up.Thats what somebody told me, but i dont know if it will work.i have never tryed it but you should try it on some cloth that you dont want anymore then if that works then use it on a pair of shorts.