PDA

View Full Version : What was the COOLEST costume you saw at Katsu?

MargauxZ
02-22-2003, 05:42 PM
I really like Takahashi characters, so of course I enjoyed seeing Ranma characters, all the Inuyashas, and Lum. No Kyoko at this con. ;_;

But the workmanship that is displayed at Katsucon is like, great. There were Soooo many really really good costumes.

Which ones stick out in your mind?

VoiclessChild
02-22-2003, 05:45 PM
The giant Gundam. No frickin' doubt. did anyone else see him DDR? lmao...

Jade*

krystal1314
02-22-2003, 05:46 PM
Queen Brahne hands down... The first I've ever seen ^_^

chibi-dj
02-22-2003, 06:08 PM
the kingdom hearts cosplay group was awsome!
the girl from Gold Diggers's costume was SO cool!
and the guy from .hack sign had a reallt detailed cosume, and is staff was perfect! (im a little biased on that one ^_~ *loves hack Sign*)

Kas
02-22-2003, 06:11 PM
I would have to say everyone in the cosplay masquarade was great!! Even the ones that wasn't, were great!!.. To me.. it seems like everyone stepped it up in cosplay.. like another level has been raised.

Luna Moon
02-22-2003, 07:35 PM
Gir~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeehehehe!!!

-Luna-

Rinkun
02-22-2003, 07:55 PM
:D i was a very happy camper when i saw the Rosalyn and Evil King Stan from Okage: Shadow King...

;_; didn't get their picture though...

Yui
02-22-2003, 08:09 PM
All you Terra girls rocked. You all did different styles of her, but all of them were great. (As was Locke and his stylish blue lips.)

KH Cloudy was perfect.

So was Die-chan's Kyo.
And AYA! (I was so happy to see you...and it's extremely rare that I give anyone a hug ^_^)

And the dancing dragons were happy.

Too much coolness. I can't name everybody.

ZiggyB
02-22-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Flexei
Personally, I adored the girl I saw in the Pao-chan from G-on Riders costume. That's the cat girl in the dinosaur pajama suit thing. I was so incredibly happy to see it, and it seemed to make her happy that I knew what she was from.

That's Ayaka on the forums. BTW. :)

Ayaka
02-22-2003, 10:07 PM
Yeah, I was gonna say . . . *falls over* *^^* I was VERY happy to be recognized!

My fave? Oh dear. I saw a LOT of stuff I was very excited by. Maybe the Adam Kadamon, cause I got to stand up fairly close to her for a while (she and Rosiel were pinned down by photographers) and see it quite well. Really lovely. Um I hope that WAS a girl . . . guess you can never be sure. ^^;;;

neoangelwink
02-22-2003, 11:22 PM
im not shore who i like best they were all good. it hard to say.

Tenshi
02-22-2003, 11:36 PM
All the FFVI goodness! And my oh my was there a lot! But if I have to pick favorites, I have to go with Duncan's beautiful Locke costume (because, yes, we all know who is the Locke fangirl ^^;; ) and the opera Celes at the cosplay. Oh, and that kid in the Shinji plugsuit was SCARY. Shinji Incarnate O_o;;.

Sanosuke
02-23-2003, 04:15 PM
2 words: Pac Man

Ginny
02-23-2003, 04:18 PM
i was a very happy camper when i saw the Rosalyn and Evil King Stan from Okage: Shadow King...

Do you know just HOW MAD I am I didn't see them? ;__; wwaaaahhhh!

neoangelwink
02-23-2003, 04:26 PM
ooo i want to see to can u put the pic up if u find it ^_^

HuongStar
02-23-2003, 05:33 PM
Five Star Stories group. :eek:

Ayame & Mine were super cute too; I felt like a moron for not remembering Mine's name right off the bat.

Neko Cathy
02-23-2003, 06:18 PM
I also have to go along with the Giant Gundam, but I also liked the Dante from Devil May Cry and my Pimp Moogle buddy :)

Duncan
02-23-2003, 07:00 PM
Matt's KH Cloud was rockin' =)

Zelly
02-23-2003, 07:03 PM
That giant Gundam everyone's referring to...that gold thing? I thought it was from Five Star Stories or whatever...according to the cosplay O_o *knows jack about mechas* But yeah, that was cool. And that dragon I saw on Saturday night!!!! That was really awesome. :D There were a lot of great Visual K costumes too. :3

oh, and I can't forget the Buddy Christ!!!! XD

Maryssa
02-23-2003, 08:38 PM
Die-chan's angel sanctuary costume

and KH Cloud was just too hot =p *desperately tries to not be a drooling fangirl*

A J
02-23-2003, 09:54 PM
I'm with Tenshi. ;) Duncan's Locke was one of my favorites. Hmm, willing to share Maryssa? Terra timeshare... :D

Oh and I loved the insanely beautiful winged costume from the masquerade. Is that the one you're talking about Maryssa? I can't even begin to guess how much those wings weighed... o_O

-AJ

khamryn
02-23-2003, 10:11 PM
Die-chan's Adam Kadamon... and and.. Rosiel.. and KH Cloud.. and.. Maryssa's Terra definately made me go *o* (and when I saw Duncan as Locke with her.. *_______* wow)

there's more.. x.x but i dunno

Oshi
02-23-2003, 10:52 PM
The two costumes that really made me go "WOW" were Maryssa's Terra and Duncan's Locke... I havn't seen better Amano-style of those characters other than pics of Japanese cosplayers...

dizzylizzy
02-24-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Oshi
The two costumes that really made me go "WOW" were Maryssa's Terra and Duncan's Locke... I havn't seen better Amano-style of those characters other than pics of Japanese cosplayers...

i totally agree!!!! other than them.... the yummi-licious kh cloud. ::wink::

Nene
02-24-2003, 09:03 PM
Hmm..my fav...well, first off, ALL of the cosplay was really good! But my fav's defently gotta be...
-The male Kuja! XD and also the Brahne, those were awesome =X
-All the Alchino cosplay! so detailed! gwee X3
-The male Shinji in the Asuka uniform! That was so cute! she even added the blush XD
-Evil King Stan from Okage! That was hilarious, even though I only gotta glimsp of him! I missed the Rosalyn, though...mwaa..
-and, of course, all the Squalls! X3 Sucha simple cosplay, I know, but there was so many pretty Squalls! -o o- And did anyone catch that lil adorable fourteen year old boy cosplaying Squall? that was just too sweet! XD I dunno if he even was, though...i just know he had the chain and jacket thing going on..so..-x x;;

yea, those were my fav, of what i can think of so far..-^ ^-

Maryssa
02-24-2003, 09:07 PM
awww thank you guys ^^;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Duncan
02-24-2003, 09:58 PM
You guys are too sweet, honestly. ^^

(Psst. All you ladies out there... my number is 912-52....) *death by pitchfork*

LionBoogy
02-25-2003, 12:51 AM
The "Giant Gundam" you speak of wasn't a gundam...

It was Lord Amaterasu's "Knight of Gold" Mortar Headd mecha from Five Star Stories anime/manga and it was surrounded by Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos, meaning "the spinner", "the apportioner", and "the inevitable" of the Fatima Fates.

God, I hate being an FSS fanatic... hehe

- Lionel

Daitenshi
02-25-2003, 12:57 AM
My faves:

-Easily Duncan and Maryssa's Amano style FF6 characters. Just too cool!!! (and Duncan gets extra points for the snazzy blue lipstick)
-Adam by Die-chan
- Myoubi by Marty
- KH Cloud by Matt
-Britney (Gold Digger) by Lindze
- FFx-2 Yuna by Christy
- Halloween Sora by Twinkle

XD *molests the cosplayers*

Again, I felt so wierd being out of costume the entire weekend ._.

sailor-moon
02-25-2003, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Nene
And did anyone catch that lil adorable fourteen year old boy cosplaying Squall? that was just too sweet! XD I dunno if he even was, though...i just know he had the chain and jacket thing going on..so..-x x;;

hehee^.^lol that was scott^.^ hehe my chibi squall!! XD lol yeap yeap^^ he was dressed as "chibi squall" ^.^

hmm hmm, well that giant mecha costume from the cosplay was like WOW, and the KH cloud! gimme your glove!! lol hmm hmm rosiel and dai-chan, hmm hmm maryssa of course XD lol hmm hmm way too many costumes to mention!! i loved them all!!^o^

AnimeParty
02-25-2003, 08:04 PM
Daitenshi: I agree. The Halloween Sora was really good. I also like Kell's Belldandy....but thats just me.

SailorAndromeda
02-25-2003, 08:25 PM
I was really impressed with Matt's KH Cloud. Not to mention he's a sweetie *molests fuzzy cape, again*
I loved Maryssa and Duncan's FF6 costumes! Even if I didn't realize it was Maryssa at first >_<
There were others too, and I loved some of the ones I saw online. I had to leave early Saturday, so I missed the cosplay ;_;

PockyDarcy
02-27-2003, 10:53 PM
I liked everything but the kingdom hearts,or ff... very overdone! ^_^ I loved Sharon's pretty sammy, Chris' tsubasa, Tenshi's Pretear of sound, Margo & oshi's ranma characters, everything that rogue & Flexei did, I liked the fruits basket costumes I saw and my favorite was Scott's Yuusuke!! *glomps scott* gee I wonder why? lol

minako chan
02-28-2003, 10:34 AM
I personaly liked the Musical Style Sakura and Iris!

psythe
02-28-2003, 03:09 PM
All of Die-chan and her friends j.rocker costumes *_*

They were so freakin cool ^_^;;

kitty_neko
02-28-2003, 03:16 PM
the gaint mecha was incredible!! i was gawking at it for atleast 10 minutes... *.* and chibi squall was so cute!!! he was riding the elevators up and down with us at around 1am on saturday...tehe, he even pretended he was dead with us ^__^;

ki kuru kitty
02-28-2003, 04:38 PM
As much as I'm tired of giant mecha, the giant robot was a good costume. But all in all I'm a Neko fan and I didn't get a chance to meet this girl in person at the con. But I gotta say this cosplayer had got to be one of favorites. Am I only here? Who is she by the way? I'm just a curious kitty

Duncan
02-28-2003, 11:52 PM
I really wonder if I should answer that question...

Arashi
02-28-2003, 11:57 PM
That's Lindze...there, now I answered it. XD

Mako-san
03-01-2003, 12:25 PM
I really enjoyed seeing all the Sailor Moon cosplayers!! I felt they were done exceptionally well!!
I think my favorite costumes or cosplayers were the KH Halloween Sora, both were awesome, and Five Star Stories were great too!! Geesh its really hard to just pick one! :P

chrisscrewball
03-01-2003, 11:10 PM
Duncan's Locke was by far my favorite costume....Very well done, and the blue lipstick made it even better.....

KulaDiamond
03-02-2003, 01:57 AM
I liked the KH Cloud (damn it he told me on Friday how he made the claw/glove and i'm startin' to forget already!) and the cool Halloween Town Sora.

I liked the moogle baby too, that was adorable.

lunasreincarnat
03-04-2003, 03:14 PM
hehe queen brahne and her little kuja boy hehe! that was my fav costume... then again it was my costume. mawhaha long live the queen!

mina2223
03-04-2003, 04:57 PM
The costumes were really outstanding this year!

My favs are too numerous, and most of them have already been named in this posting. The costumes that really stood out for me, though, were the two cat twins; one was silver and one was gold, and they both had long blonde hair. I don't know what anime they are from, but the air brushing on their costumes was awesome!

sailor-moon
03-04-2003, 08:21 PM
wai!!its cosplay mom!!!! ^^ hehe one of my fav costumes was yours!! haha long live FY!!! ::dances:::

chibi-dj
03-04-2003, 09:07 PM
ki kuru kitty: ah! i adored her costume! ^_^ She the cheetah girl from Gold Diggers i believe....Oo

mina2223: The catgirls were from the Escaflowne Movie (they're in the series too, but that's their new "image" in the movie)

i can't remember either names.....>< im so bad with names.....

A J
03-04-2003, 09:33 PM
Nariya and Eriya I think... (cat girls from Escaflowne)

Marty
03-05-2003, 12:46 AM
Awww tanx jenny for the Myoubi props, but I loved your costumes MORE, plus your authentic I-got-to-go-to-Japan-for-this shirt...I will steal it....hee hee....

mina2223
03-05-2003, 05:01 AM
Hi! sailor-moon! I'm glad you liked my costume, yours are always so beautiful. Star Fighter was kickin', too! She was the best Starlight that I have ever seen! I'm so glad to see that costume done so well!

I'm no cosplay mom '^' I'm Okatu *stomp* *stomp*!!
I weened my daughter on Sailor Moon!
First Anime I ever saw was Kimba and I was hooked!
*switches cane from right to left hand and points it menacingly* I was wearin' kitty ears (and a tail, too!) before it was cool (hehe)! I had a child so I would have somone to go to the cons with, darn it!!!!! It seems that most people think you have to be "young to get into Anime. Not true! Not true! *jumping*

chibi-dj and A J: Thanks for the info on the Escaflowne cats. They inspired me to think about trying to do an airbrushed costume.

sailor-moon
03-05-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by mina2223
Hi! sailor-moon! I'm glad you liked my costume, yours are always so beautiful. Star Fighter was kickin', too! She was the best Starlight that I have ever seen! I'm so glad to see that costume done so well!

hehee^______^ thanx.
im so happy i mannaged to drag my Starfighter to katsu!!! hehee^.^ ::happy dance:::

.Hacker
03-12-2003, 10:26 PM
Bah gorsh darn it!!! I was at Katsucon in my Tokaki costume and never noticed a Subaru there???? I must be getting old and blind!!!

mina2223
03-13-2003, 08:55 AM
{{{.HACKER}}}}}
I didn't see a Tokaki either!!
Do you have a picture of you in costume?
I'd love to see it!

.Hacker
03-13-2003, 11:27 AM
Hehe...yeah I didn't take many photos of me in the costume actually but here's one from Katsucon at the nearby sushi place!

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=24435&size=big&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

and these were from a UK convention-

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=12316&papass=&sort=1&thecat=3312

http://images.cosplay.com/data/3312/890tokaki2.jpg

I may get myself a wig for future wearings!!

sailor-moon
03-13-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by .Hacker
Hehe...yeah I didn't take many photos of me in the costume actually but here's one from Katsucon at the nearby sushi place!

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=24435&size=big&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

and these were from a UK convention-

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=12316&papass=&sort=1&thecat=3312

http://images.cosplay.com/data/3312/890tokaki2.jpg

I may get myself a wig for future wearings!!

*o* what*o* so many FY people i didnt get to take a pic with when i was in maika-.- :::cries::: lol

Yui
03-13-2003, 01:11 PM
Hehe, aren't you worried that people are going to figure out your secret alias at some point? Especially if you keep posting pics?
(or is this the evil clone?...whoops...)

MargauxZ
03-13-2003, 03:15 PM
MINA!!! OMG! Hi!!!! I'm that girl that was in the Bellossom dress on Friday! I'm SO glad to see you here on cosp!!!

You were absolutely GORGEOUS!

Yaaaay! *Dances around, does Petal Dance*

And Darcy....Thank you. I'm giggling like mad right now.

.Hacker
03-13-2003, 08:49 PM
Secret Alias? What in heavens do you mean? Is there another charming British chinese cosplayer lurking on this forum?
::Whistles innocently!::

mina2223
03-14-2003, 08:41 AM
.Hacker:
you look great!!! I am so sorry I didn't see you there :(

sailor-moon:
I think we should start a new thread entitled "Katsucon FY Cosplayers; Stand Up and Be Recognized!"

MargauxZ:
{{{{HEY!!!!}}}} I'm glad see you here, too!
Your Bellosom was sooo creative, and you looked so
cute! It totally matches your beautiful personality!! I "talked" to Oshidori the other day and I told her to tell you, "Hi!" I am sooo glad I met you guys!

Yui
03-14-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by .Hacker
Secret Alias? What in heavens do you mean? Is there another charming British chinese cosplayer lurking on this forum?
::Whistles innocently!::

Ah, but we are not that blessed. Nor cursed. XD

jamuko
03-16-2003, 02:51 PM
*quietly dies laughing XD*