PDA

View Full Version : Nekocon 9 who's going???

theonlyangel77
04-10-2006, 03:36 PM
http://www.nekocon.org/

they have the dates for this years con..

Who is going and what are you cosplaying as?

Eurobeat King
04-10-2006, 04:22 PM
I hope I can return this year to Nekocon, since I haven't been there since 2004 and I wanted to see the new convention center they had it at last year. Since Yaoi-con (which usually happens the weekend before Nekocon) is on Oct. 20-22, that'll give me a little breathing room of 2 weeks rather than back-to-back conventions. :thumbsup: So we'll see what happens come the Fall. :)

Antic Cafe
04-10-2006, 06:06 PM
I'll very likely be there. :D No clue what I'm cosplaying, but probably both of my Otakon costumes (see sig XD) and a new one.

theonlyangel77
04-12-2006, 08:36 AM
YAY EBK might grace us with his presence! You rock, I love your photos :)

Rei2Rei
04-17-2006, 06:59 AM
I hope I can return this year to Nekocon, since I haven't been there since 2004 and I wanted to see the new convention center they had it at last year. Since Yaoi-con (which usually happens the weekend before Nekocon) is on Oct. 20-22, that'll give me a little breathing room of 2 weeks rather than back-to-back conventions. :thumbsup: So we'll see what happens come the Fall. :)

You should come!! :toothy: We all want you to!

And I'll be coming again this year! Probably bringing my Aeris (FF7), Rosette (Chrno Crusade) and Xelloss (Slayers. If I have him done) costumes. But you never know because it's so far in advance! My plans will probably change!

Tohma
04-17-2006, 09:33 PM
Unless something horrible happens, I'll be going ^_^ I'll be at Yaoi-con two weeks prior but I did the back to back thing last year and actually survived XD Flew back to NC on Wednesday and drove up to VA on Thursday. Weee! Ah the things we do for conventions and cosplay...

I should be going though ^^ Tentative plans..eh maybe Kougaiji from Saiyuki Reload, Edward from FMA, and whatever else I decide to pull out of the closet.

Tess
04-17-2006, 11:02 PM
... Maybe. AUSA is my priority in the fall, but I wouldn't mind hitting up Nekocon as well. Depends on financial circumstances at the time, and whether I know anyone that's going. ^___^; If I were to go, my costume list would probably include Aeris [Advent Children], Alexiel [Angel Sanctuary], Karin [Shadow Hearts: Covenant], and a few different BLEACH costumes [possibly the debut of Gin].

@-->--- Tess

Windigo
04-18-2006, 10:13 PM
as long as the can get pocky and ramune I will be happy

bigwil
04-23-2006, 12:57 AM
Local con..no doubt I'll be there....

XoPinkuSpiderxo
04-28-2006, 10:48 PM
I'm going to try my best to be there, but it's about an hour away so I have to find a ride and a chaperone willing to put up with an anime convention =P but if I do go you can expect to see a Misa from Deatnote ^_^.

stafffighter
04-30-2006, 09:34 PM
I'd like to go. I've missed the last couple and I miss it. It was the first con I ever went to and I kinda miss it.

dollssoulkirie
05-02-2006, 01:48 AM
There's a possibility that I'll be able to make Nekocon this year, since I have to miss two cons this year because of work and it's stupidness. As for costumes, it'll depend on what my friends would like to do. I usually try to group/duo with people, since I don't want to be a loner sometimes.

theonlyangel77
05-05-2006, 02:12 PM
AWESOME... anyone live in the chesapeake area? i like going to cons in groups!

dollssoulkirie
05-06-2006, 11:52 PM

I live in Suffolk, but visit Chesapeake a lot. I have tons of friends that love hanging out in Greenbrier and some that live near Western Branch.

theonlyangel77
05-08-2006, 09:08 AM
haha.. greenbrier..im there like every day almost..lol.. where else can you find DDR, ITG, and Para Para... :)

Ichigo_Kurosaki
05-14-2006, 11:11 PM
I believe I'm going this year,and as for costumes...probably my 2 secret KH 2 costumes,and Cloud from FF AC

TesabilityBlack
05-16-2006, 01:15 AM
dollsoulkirie, where in Suffolk do you live? I live in the same city and am hoping to go to Nekocon as well. (It would be my first cosplay, the pressure!)

quadrain61
05-18-2006, 02:33 PM
I'm hoping to go. It'll be my 4th Nekocon.

Lycoris
05-19-2006, 07:48 AM
I might come... depending on if I have a ride, room, money, and who else is going. It would be fun to see since I've never been to this con before.

As for costumes... hopefully I'll bring Miles 'Tails' Prower plus whatever else I have done at the time.

Bagu
05-19-2006, 12:29 PM
I will try. I'm setting a goal to visit as many of the local cons as possible for 2006 (even though I totally missed Katsucon this year > < )

Costuming_Fiend
06-04-2006, 07:29 PM
I'm going, this will be my third year attending. It's a fairly small con, so be warned. Though they expanded the size last year. Sometimes the staff can be a bit...anime-phobic. Basically, most of the staff is just very paranoid about the stereotype anime lovers who spazz and end up breaking things. But you'll be fine if you don't go around trying to be suspicious. ;) Hehe. I've enjoyed it, their raves, aka "Neko/Robot Dances" are fun. (One of the best parts in my opinion ^^) Tis a fun con, it's worth going to. Were it not, I wouldn't have gone the passed two years. ^_^

laamberry
06-06-2006, 01:38 PM
*raises hand* BAM! i'm going 8D gonna be KH2 sora this year < 3

dollssoulkirie
06-07-2006, 12:57 AM
dollsoulkirie, where in Suffolk do you live? I live in the same city and am hoping to go to Nekocon as well. (It would be my first cosplay, the pressure!)

I live near the Chesapeake/Portsmouth/Suffolk border, just down the street from the Wal-Mart near the Portsmouth campus of TCC.

First cosplays are fun! My first was at Otakon, dressing up as a Samurai Deeper Kyo costume.

Well.. possible cosplays for Nekocon are~
Rinali from D.Gray-man
Rena from Star Ocean EX/2nd Story
Rita from Suikoden IV/Tactics
Alice from Shadow Hearts Covenant

Princess_Hotaru
06-13-2006, 10:36 AM
I may be going. I dunno though! If I do go, I might not cosplay as anyone. It just depends on what I have done. :[

Baka Diemos
06-19-2006, 01:50 PM
its my hometown con so of course im going ^^v cya all there hopefully

my cosplay's for nekocon thus far

Prince of tennis- oishi
bleach- ichimaru gin
suikoden V - queens knight georg
PLC- Daishi

Aubrey_Light
06-22-2006, 10:08 PM
I'll be there with a huge group of first con ppl.

Myself and 2 friends are doing Nittle Grasper. Two of the members are male and the other is female. So of course we're all female hehehehe. I'm Ryuichi, and my best bud in the world is Tohma and the one we're dragging along who hates gay guys and has never even seen the anime is playing the female Norika. Its so sweet to have a con in my hometown BWHAHAHAHAHA right after I cry to my friends to get the outfit right. I hate havign long hair.....>.<

theonlyangel77
06-23-2006, 07:29 AM
i hear ya... it sucked trying to stuff it under my blonde wig!!

ruka2990
06-23-2006, 06:13 PM
i might be there, it depends if i can get everything together for it. but i really would LOVE to go, get to wear the thick coats in acutally COLD weather rather then in summer XD almost died from Cosplaying i swear @,@

Emeraldwolf
06-27-2006, 09:46 PM
Best advantage of going to William and Mary is being so close to Nekocon. ^_^ This will be my fourth Nekocon, and that con still remains my favorite.
Cosplaying--definately my KH: CoM Riku costume, hopefully with the Soul Eater if its done by then
maybe a repeat of Mononoke from last year, I loved that costume.

CatscratchEmo
06-29-2006, 11:18 AM
Nekocon is only about 10 to 15 minutes away from where I live; of course, of course I'll be there! I might even be able to complete a Rena costume before then, if I can get someone to order me some Wonderflex...<.< And I'm vowing to actually take pictures this time x.x;;;

NecromanticChii
07-03-2006, 07:01 AM
I am possibly going this year. I am planning on moving down to Virginia Beach, so I wont be horribly far from it. Plus a couple people I know who live down in VA will be going.

Mana P. Malice
07-04-2006, 11:06 AM

I'm in the Chesapeake area...Western Branch...>_<

I'm still having indecisions over my costumes...I'll have to get back to ya'll on that.

Inuyasha_Man
07-10-2006, 10:55 AM
I'll be there you can count on that! I didn't vollunteer for 21 hours to get a free pass for nothing!:rockon:

salty
07-24-2006, 10:03 AM
This'll be my second con I'm attending, coming from Raleigh :)

I'll be taking my only two costumes I have:
Bleach - Shunsui
Narutard - Itachi Uchiha

myaku_
08-06-2006, 11:16 PM
Yay, Nekocon~

I will, of course, be coming. I probably will be helping my boyfriend run his Artist Alley table, so I guess it'll be easy to find me.

As for costumes- no idea. So far:
Jinx from Teen Titans
Gekiai AYA from Psycho le Cému
*hopefully* Queen of Cosmos and Halloweentown Sora...

I'm always up for surprises ^o^

Finding Beauty
08-14-2006, 08:30 PM
As far as I know, I'm going, staying in the main hotel, and in talks right now to run a couple of panels. (Which reminds me that I need to get back to someone on that ...)

Right now I'm REALLY undecided on what I'll be cosplaying. If we go Bleach, then I'll be doing Orihime in her Soul Society garb, or possibly Ishida in Quincy attire. We're doing a Soul Calibur III group, but I'm sitting around stressing over which character to be--Seong Mi-na, Taki, or Xianghua. -.-;

I'll probably run a brief stint as Ryuichi since my oh-so-loving boyfriend got me Kumagoro for my birthday. ^_^ I'm also in consideration for a J-rock cosplay, but I don't know what, yet.

So, the only thing I know for sure is that I'll be reprising Vincent.

NecromanticChii
08-15-2006, 06:49 AM
I am going. I should be living in VA by october...so yes Nekocon is on...lol

I might cosplay, but I am not sure. I don't know how many cosplays I will take with me when I move, since it is a long drive. I might take 2-3 of them. ^_~

theonlyangel77
08-15-2006, 12:19 PM
I'm in the Chesapeake area...Western Branch...>_<

I'm still having indecisions over my costumes...I'll have to get back to ya'll on that.

..i/ve already changed my costume plans like i always do...

Skyline Kyo
08-15-2006, 04:45 PM
So many cons in VA! :O

I'm gonna try to attend :D

NecromanticChii
08-16-2006, 01:01 PM
So many cons in VA! :O

I'm gonna try to attend :D

Well you should go. ^_~
How many conventions are in VA?

kimiko637
08-16-2006, 09:50 PM
How big is nekocon compared to other cons like Anime boston, katsucon, an etc?

LovelessKairi
08-17-2006, 04:27 PM
^_^ I luv Neko Con, it was fun last year! I def goin this year and Im bringin a truckload of friends XD

bigwil
08-18-2006, 02:24 PM
Well you should go. ^_~
How many conventions are in VA?
va wise..Katsucon,AMA(anime mid-atlantic),Nekocon,and Anime-USA
others(I've went to or maybes)Otakon,Animazement,AX(anime next),AWA(anime weekend alanta)

Arlette
08-18-2006, 03:12 PM
How big is nekocon compared to other cons like Anime boston, katsucon, an etc?

Nekocon has grown quite a bit. I've never been to Anime Boston, but I would say Nekocon is ALMOST as big as Katsucon, but not quite there yet. Plus they moved it to some convention center with a ton of space, so that probably makes it feel even smaller. I've always enjoyed Nekocon, I've gone in 1999 (it was VERY small then, just its second year, I think), 2000, 2002, 2003, and 2004.

The hubby and I plan to be there again this year, as soon as we confirm on a room situation. I only know of two costumes I'm doing so far, but they are both pretty obscure so I won't bother with details. XD

NecromanticChii
08-18-2006, 03:23 PM
How many people would you say go to Nekocon? (Or have in the past years.)

Arlette
08-18-2006, 03:45 PM
How many people would you say go to Nekocon? (Or have in the past years.)

Oh, I don't know. A few thousand maybe. It's not ginormous like Otakon or anything if that's what you're worried about. I'm bad at guessing on numbers like that, especially when I didn't go last year, but it looked to me (just from seeing con pictures) that attendance might have gone down a bit. Either that, or it was just because they were in such a huge area.

I like small(er) cons like Neko and AMA and AnimeUSA. They rule.

myaku_
08-18-2006, 10:50 PM
Oh, I don't know. A few thousand maybe. It's not ginormous like Otakon or anything if that's what you're worried about. I'm bad at guessing on numbers like that, especially when I didn't go last year, but it looked to me (just from seeing con pictures) that attendance might have gone down a bit. Either that, or it was just because they were in such a huge area.

You're about right with the numbers, but I don't think attendance went down. There were really a lot of people there, maybe more than the year before, however, the new con centre really spaced us out.

wonderlandbaybe
08-18-2006, 10:50 PM
I went last year as Chibi usa with my sister who was Usagi, that was really fun so im definitely planning on going this year.

I think i'm going as Advent children Tifa, although i'm not to sure on how to make (or start) the costume. Should be fun though ^^. Otherwise i'm going to be ffx-2 rikku!

SaChan
08-19-2006, 10:25 AM
Oh! I didn't know about this con, or that it was in VA! What's this con like? I don't know about going this year(financial reasons and all the such) but if it is worth it, I'd like to check it out ^^

wonderlandbaybe
08-19-2006, 07:04 PM
nekocon is awesome! It may not be as big as other cons, but its always fun. I'm not that great with descriptions xD...

NecromanticChii
08-21-2006, 06:48 AM

Then it seems more like the conventions I am familiar with. (I have never been to Otakon, or any other convention about 4-5thousand people.)

I can't wait for Nekocon to come around.

frolikingcat
08-22-2006, 02:55 PM
I will be going ^^ it's my very first Anime convention so I'm really excited :3

frolikingcat
08-22-2006, 02:56 PM
I live in chesapeke.

bigwil
08-24-2006, 12:18 AM
so anybody up for a thrusday meetup/or meetup period ,to hang out...also a vcs(virginia cosplay society) photoshoot on sun at 1..just throwing out ideas..

irkenmodelgir
08-24-2006, 12:44 AM
I might come... depending on if I have a ride, room, money, and who else is going. It would be fun to see since I've never been to this con before.

As for costumes... hopefully I'll bring Miles 'Tails' Prower plus whatever else I have done at the time.

you should come you can stay at my place i live 10 min away and you know your welcome, talk to rick he said he would like to come up maybe that could be your ride, if not beleave me you can make it up here. anyway hit me up

BTW This will be my third neko 1st had a few pics taken, 2nd had 1 pic takin outta costume, this year i made a break out in cosplay so im hopeing to be a more head figure at this convention this year. Im shy and such but for some reason in cosplay im easy going and love the attention, look for me.

Lycoris
08-29-2006, 10:56 AM
you should come you can stay at my place i live 10 min away and you know your welcome, talk to rick he said he would like to come up maybe that could be your ride, if not beleave me you can make it up here. anyway hit me up
Yay! It looks like I'll be going to Nekocon one way or another! It's going to be insane though going to Nekocon and 2 weeks later going to Anime USA. I better hurry and start my costumes...

NiceGai44
08-29-2006, 12:33 PM
Yeah Lycoris just ride up with me. We have to do our Sonic and Tails thing.

theonlyangel77
09-03-2006, 08:51 PM
I live in chesapeke.

what part? i just like to get with other con go-ers so we can group up! i have a hand full for fruits basket now!! and im almost done with my nina williams costume... do you cosplay...oh my bad off subject... i heard threw a source that works neko that they are having a dance this year... anybody confirming that?

Chibi no Kutsu
09-03-2006, 09:51 PM
Ill be there!! Im brings some friends that have never been to any before ^^ and Ill be cosplay from a good amount of series...Like bleach others.

FFrikku
09-05-2006, 08:27 PM
oooo! sweet! i think me and my buddies can make this one!!! i'll tell em' tomorrow at lunch and get back to y'all, k? *starts deciding outfit* Ed from bebop...sumomo...saint tail...my rikku's for Animezment......hmmmmm sakura Naruto? *rumages through closet*

Chibi no Kutsu
09-06-2006, 06:12 PM
LOL Im planning on sing 1000 Words the full version now and maybe cosplaying Songstress Yuna or um dang I cant remember her name now lol! the girl that looks like yuna

FFrikku
09-06-2006, 08:16 PM
LOL Im planning on sing 1000 Words the full version now and maybe cosplaying Songstress Yuna or um dang I cant remember her name now lol! the girl that looks like yuna
teehee!
that's LeBlanc, Loves, and dont you forget! *dies laughing*
ok, plan on 2 sakuras and a time jump sakura, and the chick with the big fan from naruto (god i feel stupid)

IM THE TIME JUMP SAKURA!!!! IM THE BEST!!! IM BETTER THAN SARA OR LAUREN! HHHAAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!:rofl: :crylaugh:
no seriously though, today we were like "no, we have to have a sakura battle over the hottest sauske" so, sauske cosplay boys....beware my group *sneeky smile*
and if any sort of hyperactivity due to a pocky ovedose should arise...just a forwarning that it was us:untrust:

Chibi no Kutsu
09-06-2006, 08:49 PM
[QUOTE=FFrikku]teehee!
that's LeBlanc, Loves, and dont you forget! *dies laughing*
ok, plan on 2 sakuras and a time jump sakura, and the chick with the big fan from naruto (god i feel stupid)
QUOTE]

Yeah LOL I forgot I can olny use one arm right now and havent played in forever! So I kinda forgot lol

FFrikku
09-09-2006, 07:44 PM
oh i forgot to mention...we're glomp-a-holics...be fore-warned
i may not be time jump sakura after all, it's still in da making. MUST FIND COSTUME!!!

teehee
IM GONNA BE A MOOGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tess
09-12-2006, 10:22 AM
Well, it looks like I'll be able to make it to Nekocon this year, although I won't make it to the con until late on Friday. Still, will be a new adventure and somehow I've gotten talked into several new cosplays for the con [ie, I'm a pushover XP].

Look forward to seeing all of you. ^___^

@-->--- Tess

FFrikku
09-13-2006, 06:34 PM
yea ive got school so i wont be there till real late friday, we get out around 4 then we gotta drive...and drive......and drive....and drive some more....did i mention we have to drive >_< must pack many cute things to keep my happy while travleing *grabs moogle plushie* you're coming with me dude, no suitcase!

FFrikku
09-17-2006, 12:53 PM
huge correction :bigcry: my parents are REALLY not for me going to neko
this is insane. my friends are still going, but you guys probably wont meet da dancing moogle unless you come to animazment.

.:rant mode on:.

im still working on it with my parents. they claim one con is enough, well they dont relise wat a pick up this is for me. they dont know what i have to deal with at school and all that sh!t. cosplaying is my FREEDOM it's where i can be MYSELF..unlike anywhere else, ya know?

.:rant off:.

sry bout that.
just lettin ya know i might not come

theonlyangel77
09-18-2006, 08:08 PM
I have my line up:
Friday***
Kagura Sohma (fruits basket)
Saturday***
Older Momiji Sohma (fruits Basket)
Nina Williams (tekken 4)
Sunday***
Rogue (x-men original comics)

hoping I can find a Tohru while I'm there ^_^

Wizduden64
09-19-2006, 01:46 PM
I will be going, but I will not be cosplaying.
I still am looking forward to what the masquerade will be like.

One other thing, Eurobeat just now sent me a PM saying that he will not be going

FFrikku
09-20-2006, 06:50 PM
i cant go, maybe see ya'll at a future neko. have fun for me

Satoshi-sama
09-22-2006, 11:03 PM
I'm going, although I'm still not sure if I'm going to be cosplaying or not...

damagicsausage
09-23-2006, 07:26 PM
I'm going to be coming :D I live in hampton. If everything goes to plan my buddies and I will be going as the Turks. Except I don't think we will have a vincent. Will be my first costume but I think it should be pretty easy.

Unico
09-26-2006, 01:40 PM
I actually get to go this year!!! I've worked retail for the past eight years and they have never let me off. I've changed to overnights and I can finally go. I'm so excited cause I've heard that this is one of the better smaller cons. YAY!!! I'm going to wear my Deedlit costume and Cheetara. I might break out my Tira one last time not sure though cause I'm limited car space.

Bagu
09-26-2006, 03:39 PM
Ok, I'm a go for Nekocon.. see you all there :D

XoPinkuSpiderxo
09-26-2006, 09:45 PM
Blarh, I trashed my Misa idea. Now I'm gonna be Mitsuki from He is my master! ... Anyone know who that is? TT_TT

NecromanticChii
09-27-2006, 09:37 AM
I am doubtful on my Sora Tron Mode from Kingdom Hearts 2, but Saber from Fate/Stay Night is looking like a possible go. (If I go as her without armor.)

dragulinainvers
09-27-2006, 10:01 AM
i'm working on a Princess Daisy, and well another MKR outfit, but i wont say which one ^^

EvilFX
09-28-2006, 01:01 PM
Guyver will be returning to Neko this year.

Winters Knight
10-03-2006, 11:37 AM
I'll be there. I'm thinking I'll bring Utena and Umi from Rayearth (If she turns out well). I am actually going for the entire time this year, so that should be fun. Yay for the Embassy Suites!

EnigmaticAngst
10-07-2006, 12:07 AM
Yeah, I'm going again this year with several friends. We have a Bleach & Soul Calibur III group planned and shall be staying at the Embassy.

Fory-san
10-13-2006, 01:07 PM
I will be there Lord willing as Captain Tylor with my usual Ultraman plushie. I also want to try and wear my Zidane costume at some point. >^.^<

arashialexander
10-15-2006, 08:27 PM
Hmmm? the ultraman plushie looks familiar from dragon con. I went here last year just for a day. Attending this year is still up in the air though. i'll be sure i will make it as the con approches and depending what goes on with school and such.

Shadablade
10-17-2006, 08:18 AM
Well after missing Animazement (and last years Neko for that matter) the good 'ole "Drunken Priest" has managed to pull off the amazing feat of getting time off WITH money ( new job, love the cash, hate the hours) and is going to enjoy returning to Nekocon. Undecided If im going to cosplay or not as I have to reserve at a outside hotel (anyone tell me how far the Red Roof Inn is?, I know it says about a mile but is that straight distance or is it placed near the convention center?) So I believe I will just attend as an attendee....still will prob bring the sauce though :skidude2:

SEE YA IN LIKE 17 DAYS!!!

NecromanticChii
10-17-2006, 12:28 PM
Since I only have a couple weeks, and my costume needs to be taken on a plane, I think I am going to make a simple Lacus Clyne (Gundam Seed Destiny) outift. (If I can re-style the Lacus wig I have.

Who knows, if nothing else I may attend as a cat girl, but I would rather get a new cosplay done. ^_~

Libera_Me
10-23-2006, 04:34 PM
I'm going! ^_^

Windigo
10-29-2006, 07:11 AM
I'm always down for a good nekocon but someone tell me something does cosplay.com not like nekocon anymore the site is still only showing stuff from 2004

NecromanticChii
10-29-2006, 08:35 PM
It is doing such thing to a couple conventions. I think they are just overwhelmed with information, and unable to update their informtion.

P.S. I can't wait!..lol