PDA

View Full Version : Lyra/Dante from FMA, which costume should I do?

Rei.Ayanami
04-12-2006, 08:07 PM
I can't pick between two. Her long red gown, which sadly I don't have a picture of. Or this one.
http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Animation/hagaren/chara/lyra2.jpg

Could you please help me choose?

ShiroInu
04-12-2006, 08:34 PM
http://www.scans.janchan.com/fma/color/other2.jpg

All of Dante/Lyra's costumes are at the bottom of the page, under Roze.

I can't really advise you on which one to do, since they're all nice outfits. Her first outfit (the one you have an image of) could easily be put together from thrift store finds. Her maid dresses, the maroon/red dress, and the purple ballgown would require more effort, although the maroon/red dress is the least complicated.

Rei.Ayanami
04-12-2006, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the picture!

minimerc
04-12-2006, 10:04 PM
If you want people to know that you are the Dante version of Lyra then go with the ballgown.
~minimerc

meowl
04-13-2006, 10:58 PM
If you do the Dante ballgown version, you can add some 'decaying flesh' below the neckline for a fun gimmick. "Hey boys....wanna peek?"

minimerc
04-13-2006, 11:00 PM
What would you make the flesh out of?... I've been wondering.
~minimerc

meowl
04-16-2006, 04:01 AM
Um...Err....Ah...(urk)...I hadn't thought of that. Makeup or body paint? Some purple and green painted in an alligator pattern perhaps? If makeup is used, a protective fixative of hairspray may be needed to keep it off the costume. Maybe I should stick to cardboard....

White Mushroom
04-16-2006, 04:08 AM
Accrylic paint, whenmixed before it dies, will make a nice rotten flesh look. I would suggest, however, gonig to the makeup forum and checking it out there if you really wanted to do that. I'm an artist, so I just get my paints and mix them, but i'm not the best describer on how you do that. I'm sure there are better solutions out there as well XD

Jadenyuki
04-16-2006, 08:08 AM
If I can not make a decision I foind it easier to make both costumes. Not for the practice but to have a back up if I need it.