PDA

View Full Version : Gauntlets

Psychotic Jei
02-23-2003, 04:12 AM
Okay, imple question. I'm trying to make a gauntlet (nnn..something like that) Its a simple design from wrist up to just below the elbow. Any suggestions?

Tenshi
02-23-2003, 10:51 AM
Is it made from fabric or something different?

KaitouKurogo
02-23-2003, 01:01 PM
Mah...

I have a gauntlt that fits that description...thick black leather from the wrist to the elbow; I can't count how many times it's saved me a lot of pain when I use it to block bokken strikes. ^_^;

Essentially, it's a shaped slab of leather bound over your arm with string. Not a very difficult thing to do at all. I've included a very basic sketch of how the gauntlet looks open and closed, as well as tied. Do not mock my craptastic Paint skills...I'm better with a pencil. T_T

Anyway, are you trying to do the gauntlet that Kaiba is wearing in your avatar? If so, just use a basic design and adjust it as you see fit. I would suggest, however, using a material that will not bunch up around your elbow or wrist during the day. Leather, faux leather, or such other materials work best.

Psychotic Jei
02-23-2003, 01:43 PM
That's really helpfull. I'm trying to figure a way to close it without the string though. Like in my Recca costume it closes on the side. though, I'm sure I can work around that. Its no big deal.

KaitouKurogo
02-23-2003, 08:59 PM
Mah.
You could always add in a strap and buckle. If you're using cloth to make the gauntlet, then you can sew in bra hooks. You can get bra-hook extensions from most fabric stores and they'll keep the hold quite snugly.