PDA

View Full Version : J-rock/j-pop fashion show or panel...

Kas
02-23-2003, 11:45 AM
Hey folks.. I brought this up in the j-rock/j-pop forum.. So I was wondering.. Do you think it is a good idea to have a j-rock/j-pop fashion show and panel? Just to discuss and show off your costume and work. It can be orginial too.

I really admire the cosplayers that dress up in j-rock/j-pop. I can't say that I'm a expert cause I never have dressed up but I would be very very interested in attending the panel and participating.

So peeps.. all that is attending AZ please give me some input.

Thankies!!!:D

Kas
02-26-2003, 02:58 PM
hmm.. well I given this thread a couple of days.. and it looks like nobody is interested.. well maybe another con will have this.. I know AX03 will but it's just to far for me and I got too many cons on the registry.

liz-maru
02-26-2003, 08:55 PM
i think it is a good idea! =)

Himemiya
03-01-2003, 02:55 AM
AZ is such a small con ^^;; and there are so few people that go to animazement that post at cosplay.com... i think it would totally work and be awesome, but only if you got it on the official website ^^ ::would show up in some morning musume costume wheeee!::

RealizeDOP
03-05-2003, 07:41 PM
I think it would probably be worth a shot. I live in NC, and MOST of ALL Anime fans here(mostly girls) Are ALL big J Rock fans and dig the style majorly as well as J Pop so I don't think the turn out would be bad! Give it a shot! : )

Kas
03-07-2003, 05:32 PM
Thanks!!! I'm gonna email the AZ staff and see if this is possible..

Mako-san
03-07-2003, 06:05 PM
Yo Kas, I'll make a web site with info on it for ya and people can email ya with their intentions on participating in the display/catwalk. maybe they can email you their names/costumes/portrayal/music, and you can have it ready at the start of panel and such! Its a suggestion!

Kas
03-07-2003, 06:36 PM
Yo.. that's tight sis.. thanks!!! I wanna get confirmation first from AZ and then let the good times roll.

Kas
03-10-2003, 01:24 PM
I got a email back from AZ.. so far it is a go.. I request the panel be on Friday at night.. He's gonna see if he can get that for me..

Look forward to a site explaining details regarding this.. and I will post updates as well and try to get the word out.

But if anybody going to AZ and has jrock or gothic lolita outfits.. Please please wear them, cause there's gonna be a mini-fashion show as well. I greatly appreciate all the help I can get and participation is the key. ^.^

Rinkun
03-10-2003, 04:30 PM
i'm not going as any j-rock or gothic lolita, but i'm going as Merika-chan (Mika Todd) from the Mini Hamuzu/Mini Moni

as long it doesn't run into Music Vids and Crazy Monkey Hell, then i should be able to come^_^;;;

Marty
03-12-2003, 03:53 AM
KAS-
I have a lot of jrock costumes I would like to wear to AZ...who did you talk to for the panel on Friday? I've been a panelist at cons before and I'd love to join this one...I love jrock costumes so much, and they're so under-appreciated at most conventions! Let me know by PM or email me, please...thank you!

Kas
03-12-2003, 12:49 PM
Hey Marty,

That is great!! I just pm you about it.. if you can you are more than welcome to join the panel with me.. I need all the help I can get.

^.^ I hope you can make it Rin-kun.. can't wait to see your costume.

I'm working on a site that can promote the panel.

Kas
03-20-2003, 02:14 PM
Here's a link to the site:

http://cosmicdebrisinc.homestead.com/PanelAZ.html

still need to edit and add Marty as co-host. :D thankies!!!!

If anybody else like to help and participate.. just let me know.. I greatly appreciate it.

TeRRaFLaMe
03-20-2003, 02:45 PM
Hmm... what days will it be on? All of them? Or what? If I can go on more than one day, I might my anime costume one day, and my J-Rock costume another... I'll have to see what kinda materials I get to work with.

Kas
03-20-2003, 07:18 PM
Well I requested the panel to be on Friday since Saturday alot of stuff goes on as well as the cosplay contest which I will be participating.

I hope you can make it on Friday.. So not staying the whole weekend ne?

TeRRaFLaMe
03-20-2003, 11:25 PM
I dunno if my mom would be up to it, seeing that we live in-state, and she'd probably think it would be dumb. But, I'll ask, I did say it was a weekend. And, when I go shopping for stuff for my costume, I'll make sure to look out for stuff for more than one costume. Stuff for my anime costume and stuff for my J-Rock one... I can't guarantee they will be any good though, seeing that it's my first time. :P

Marty
03-21-2003, 01:00 AM
Kas, love the site. BTW about the fashion show, exactly when is it? If it's before the cosplay that's a no-go for me, I'm in Jeziroths' skit and my costume is...er...much too big to get into in a hurry ^_^*. Thanks for adding me as co-host though...I appreciate it!

If I can talk to the people at AZ about letting Jezzy's skit go last or next to last, then I can wear one of my lolis or a Gackt to host the fashion show with you before the cosplay...that way we'll have time to change out and do the skits. But just let me know what da ythe show is on...Friday night is good for the panel, that's the best time to have panels IMHO. I did one at 10:00 am at Katsucon ;_; talk about a red-eye event! It was so early Kevin didn't even show up to take pics for Fan's View!

By the way, Christy can't make it to the panel...not because of the badges, but I think because she has a committment to another group project at that time, plus she'll be working on her skit that weekend. :)
I'll PM the rest of this later...see you!

DancingVampire
03-22-2003, 06:38 AM
Ummm... I'll be able to see if I can do the fashion show in about a week Im not sure about being there on fri but in a week week in a half I should and do I send the email to the adress on the site?

PS. this is a great idea scince in the past AZ has never done Jrock or Jpop panels ^_^

Kas
03-22-2003, 08:49 PM
We decided to not really have a full fashion show cause we don't know how many will actually cosplay and also the room may be alittle small for a show.. So here's the deal.. We will have a line up and then participants can show off their jrock/gothic lolita outfits and explain how they made it and who's it from etc... So don't worry about sending music.. I will provide some background music. So just bring yourself and your costume and let the fun begin..

Oh there will be snacks provided as well. ^.^

If any questions just pm or email me or Marty. :D