PDA

View Full Version : Sound mixing

Psychotic Jei
02-23-2003, 04:34 PM
Just a quick question. What do you guys use to mix your music. bakground or otherwise. Like what programs work well, and which ones just stink. ^___^

Marty
03-11-2003, 02:43 AM
I'm not very good at those kinds of things, but I know if you ask Nyanko-chan, she does all the mixing for her skits and they sound wonderful. :) She can also tell you about certain programs.

In the meantime, my only advice is that if you merely want to cut certain parts of a soundtrack out and assemble them onto one track, you can use Windows Movie Maker to easily do that. Just hit the "record" in WMM, choose "audio only" and then open up what song you want to cut in another program, like Media Player. It's kinda tricky til you get the hang of it but the sound is almost perfect CD quality with no intereference and you can use WMM to assemble your snippets of tracks in the right order. :) I hope that helped!

j-chan
03-17-2003, 05:48 PM
go to download.com and pick up goldwave. i was in the whole amateur voice-acting scene oh-so-long ago, and it's amazing. i highly reccomend it! :D

hope that helps!

DancingVampire
03-18-2003, 06:08 PM
gold wave deff I have it and its SO kool

Lady_Sephiroth
03-18-2003, 06:24 PM
I use Soundforge, it came with my laptop and does a nice job of mixing music and stuff. If you're going to RECORD dialoge, I have no idea, just don't use Windows sound Recorder, I triedthat and it sucked.

Marty
03-18-2003, 06:25 PM
Yes, sound recorder on windows picks up every little noise in the machine, it's a bad idea. Better to get an external mic for your computer.

Eccoglyph
04-15-2003, 10:39 AM
Doh - I've never recorded sounds well, before - figured I'd use an external mic - any suggestions when doing so? I know nothing about what format to use, things to keep in mind, etc. Oh - but for mixing - another fabulous program is CoolEdit.

JustinCredible
04-15-2003, 12:16 PM
Get Soundforge or SAW (If you can afford SAW).

L to the 3rd
05-03-2003, 12:58 AM
Cool Edit 2000 is awesome and cheap!

ducky_feet
05-03-2003, 01:19 AM
If you can get your hands on an MD player and a good external microphone (go for the uni-directional ones if you're recording dialogue), you can get excellent quality sound recordings. That's what I used for projects in my sound class.

supaaren
05-05-2003, 12:58 AM
Cakewalk Pro Audio 9.0. I use it for pretty much everything to do with audio, and as I found out...it worked pretty well for me at Otakon 2002. :>

Eccoglyph
05-05-2003, 09:06 AM
"If you can get your hands on an MD player and a good external microphone (go for the uni-directional ones if you're recording dialogue)"

What's an MD player?

Isaldur
05-25-2003, 08:17 PM
If you wish to use OS X... (oh yeah nobody really uses macs anyway huh)... you could do it by setting up an itunes playlist and having the exact times to start/stop playing and all of that in order.. even mix things...

Then you close itunes, open a program called audio hijack, set it to hijack itunes, and launch it...

You can set it to record, even do voiceover.. and that's all good :)

But then again, this stuff you probably won't need in the first place... thought I'd share it for the heck of it :D

Gothic_Lulu
05-27-2003, 10:31 PM
I use Sound Forge to record and compile all the audio files then put all the files in Roxio Cd maker to make the cd. I am relativity new at this though....

cutekawaii
05-28-2003, 07:29 PM
A really simple easy to use program is Audacity. You can get it from Download.com. If it doesn't come with the wav to mp3 converter, get an encoder from Download.com as well.