PDA

View Full Version : HELLSING cosplayers, come forth!!!

Pages : [1] 2

Draculina
04-15-2006, 10:38 PM
Ok, so I've planted a couple of seeds on the forum about trying to find all the cosplayers from our favorite vampire epic who are going to AWA this year...

...so how about it? Where are you, Hellsing cosplayers? I hear there's a great abundance of us, and I saw Pip, Rip and the anime cast last year floating around, so I'm sure we'll have some frequent fliers return this year...

With that said, would any of you be interested in having a huge group picture session and/or some kind of "Hellsing" themed get-together @ the con so we can all meet eachother? And is anyone still looking for Hellsing cosplayers for their individual groups?

Let the posting begin!!!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
04-22-2006, 01:38 PM
Yeah, I'll be bringing my Hellsing costume. (debuting at Animazment next month so..i can't say what character it is becasue it's a secret ^_^) Hopefully, it'll survive until AWA!

Neko-Ryu_Lander
04-24-2006, 10:38 PM
guess ill brake Walter out of mothballs

Prof Farnsworth
04-25-2006, 02:40 AM
*creepy toothy grin* Alucard shall be returning for another AWA :toothy:

Rukia_Kurosaki
05-04-2006, 08:45 AM
I'm bound to have my Seras in a blanket/police uniform costume done by AWA, so count me in! ^^ I'll see if I can drag another Alucard along for the get-together as well. Maybe his costume will be done by then ^-^

Draculina
05-11-2006, 12:11 PM
OK, I'm gonna make a list of who's posted possible and definite costumes so far, who I've heard from on other forums, and also who I'm bringing in my "proto-group":

*I would like to also note that it's OK IF WE HAVE DUPLICATES!!! I don't care hown many we have of 1 character, as long as we have an awesome turnout of Hellsing people! I know some people don't like to have more than one of each character, but I say it's all about some FAN LOVE!!!*

Young Integra: Me
Puppycard: Jonathan/Kiza
Young Walter ("The Dawn"): Kiza's friend Sheldon
D-11 Seras Victoria:Kayago
OVA Seras Victoria: Muse, Farnsworth's GF (tentative)
Alucard: ChrnoTheSinner and Farnsworth
Bondagecard: DieTod
"Regular" Walter: Lander
Rip Van Winkle: Rainbow Pixie, DieTod
Schrodinger: Jessi-Chan
Dark!Walter: Purple Flames
Alex Anderson: Hopeless Havoc
Yumiko: my friend Liz
*Tentative* Knight/Manga/OVA Adult Integra: Mish

Here's who we still need:
Pip Bernadette
Montana Max
Doc
Zorin Blitz
Captain Hans
Valentine Bros.
Yumie (we still need the psycho half)
Heinkel
Enrico
Alhambra (The Dandy)
Arthur Hellsing
Any other versions of Alucard
Girlycard (we *MUST* have Girlycard to go w/ Young Inty and Young Walter- mine dropped out!)
Any secondary characters from the anime: Incognito, Helena, Baobhan Sith (could be a cool gothloli), Fargason

If we have enough people/ close to an entire cast, I think we should definitely plan a photoshoot!
I'll edit this list as more people post...

Prof Farnsworth
05-11-2006, 01:41 PM
If we have enough people/ close to an entire cast, I think we should definitely plan a photoshoot!
I'll edit this list as more people post...

Awesome. I'm gonna try to get some shots in the bar. Alucard is cooler when smoking (cigars and kreteks seem to suit his style ^_~) and sipping some nice brandy :toothy:

EDIT: Oh yeah, my friend Purple Flames is (pretty sure anyway) going to bring along his Millenium Walter (from vol 7)

Draculina
05-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Oh. Hell. Yes. I will totally come to the bar and have a clove and a shot w/ you- that would be the best Hellsing cosplay pic ever <hehehehe>.
We MUST have a Hellsing Happy Hour (for the over-agers). That would be so freaking fun to have a round w/ the Org., Sec. XIII, AND Millenium together...

Muse
05-14-2006, 09:10 PM
I haven't decided yet, but I'll either be doing Zorin, Jan Valentine, or manga Seras. XD I can't decide! I really do need to decide though. Since if I don't decide soon, I won't have time to sew/go shopping. @__@;;

One of my friends might be going as Young Walter, but I'm not 100% sure yet.

A photoshoot would be great! Even if we don't have the entire cast, or close to it, a shoot would still be fun. :3

HopelessHavoc
05-16-2006, 10:12 PM
I just put the finishing touches on my Anderson costume.. it's now OVA accurate :bigtu: I was gonna bring it to AWA. So if you guys still need an Anderson, I'm there

Draculina
05-16-2006, 10:20 PM
AWESOME. We now have a member of Iscariot!
I updated the roster...

!*Jessi-Chan*!
05-16-2006, 11:13 PM
I'm still trying to get to the con....(looking a little grim right now, but i'm trying!) But instead of my secret character, i wanna be Schrodinger!!!! So, you can update the roster instead of having me as mystery character...have me as Schrodinger! I've always wanted to do that anyway...

Draculina
05-16-2006, 11:51 PM
cute! i love schro!!! i'm working on a schro costume right now for AFO...

!*Jessi-Chan*!
05-16-2006, 11:55 PM
yeah, Schro is so cute!!!!

Muse
05-17-2006, 02:54 PM
We're gonna have a Schro? Awesome! I love Schro! n_n

Draculina, I've finally decided. (Holy crap, this is a rare moment in history! I never decide anything. xD) Put me down for Manga/OVA Seras on the roster.

Draculina
05-17-2006, 03:40 PM
Hooray for psycho, ghoul-smushing, finger-sucking, Pip-kissing, yellow wearing Seras!!! List updated!!!

Rukia_Kurosaki
05-17-2006, 10:12 PM
I'm officially doing the police girl version of Seras. I'm still going to have the blanket and my boyfriend is no longer doing Alucard...So sad...

Draculina
05-19-2006, 07:43 PM
that's ok, girl- we're gonna have some hot alucards there, not to mention some hot andersons, some hot walters, hopefully a PIP...we'll find someone to keep seras company. hell, inty can keep seras company- the director of hellsing needs her entourage please!!! (squeeee! *evil grin* just kidding, guys!)
i think that's awesome that you're doing "D-11" seras- i've never seen ANYONE do D-11 and seldom do people do the yellow seras so yay for originality!

i also added a note to the roster that it is TOTALLY COOL if we have "multiples" of each character; i just want us to have as big a group as possible...

also, my friend liz from the anime club @ NGCSU has volunteered to be "nice" yumiko, so we still need a "psycho" yumie...

Muse
05-19-2006, 11:14 PM
I wonder if that guy who went as Pip last year is gonna wear the Pip costume again. It was a really good costume and he was kinda cute. xDDD

Maybe we could get him to keep the seras company? xD (Sorry.)

Kayago, you're doing Police Girl Seras? That is so very, very cool. I've never ever seen anyone do that version. ^^

HelenaInvictus
05-20-2006, 09:18 AM
Hmm. I'm thinking about skipping Dragon*Con for the sake of coming to this one since I don't intend to do the Star Wars thing anymore. If I come, I will be bringing knight suit Integral and Manga/OVA suit Integral.

Rukia_Kurosaki
05-20-2006, 10:15 PM
I wonder if that guy who went as Pip last year is gonna wear the Pip costume again. It was a really good costume and he was kinda cute. xDDD

Maybe we could get him to keep the seras company? xD (Sorry.)

Kayago, you're doing Police Girl Seras? That is so very, very cool. I've never ever seen anyone do that version. ^^

I haven't either. I can't afford to get the Hellsing Org one this year, so I figured I could get the other one ^^ I'll have a brown blanket with me as well ^-^'

Draculina
05-21-2006, 03:49 PM
It's coming along, guys...<enthusiastic bounce>

Mish, I'm going to add you as "tentative" (hopefully you'll get your ass down here and come cause some bedlam with us----reply to the e-mail I sent you a few weeks ago if you need lodging help)---Let us know when you decide on a definite yes/no...I would be so flattered if you came as our Integra!!!

Does anyone personally know the people who did Rip, Pip and Integra last year? They were really good, and I'd love to get in touch with them to see if they're doing Hellsing again this year...

Ichigo_Kurosaki
05-21-2006, 09:19 PM
this is Kayago's bf ^^ I'm going to be bringing Alucard now

Draculina
05-21-2006, 09:59 PM
hehehehe <sheepish grin> ok, chrno, i added you :)

Rukia_Kurosaki
05-22-2006, 06:27 AM
He actually posted on here o.o Wow.

I actually found part of my Seras costume. Man, I love thrift stores! ^^

Muse
05-22-2006, 03:45 PM
Kayago, you've already got part of your costume? That's great! Heh, I need to start getting to work on mine. I really need to head down to the army surple store one of these days. ><;

Rukia_Kurosaki
05-22-2006, 04:27 PM
I need to as well. I've got to get my vest still.

Draculina
05-22-2006, 10:28 PM
ladies, i may be able to help you w/ the seras costumes; i attended military school and still have a lot of uniform pieces that can be easily dyed and altered (tailored shirts w/ epaulettes, trousers, belts w/ buckles, the usual army stuff)

Purple Flames
05-22-2006, 10:45 PM
As my friend Prof Farnsworth said, I will be bringing my Dark Walter outfit to AWA ;)

Rukia_Kurosaki
05-22-2006, 11:16 PM
ladies, i may be able to help you w/ the seras costumes; i attended military school and still have a lot of uniform pieces that can be easily dyed and altered (tailored shirts w/ epaulettes, trousers, belts w/ buckles, the usual army stuff)

-big chibi eyes- Really?? That'd be so awesome!

HopelessHavoc
05-24-2006, 08:47 PM
My Anderson cos is finally complete! ^_^ I put a couple pics up. It's Manga/OVA accurate too ^^ I can't wait for our Hellsing group to take over AWA XD

Draculina
05-24-2006, 09:00 PM
My Anderson cos is finally complete! ^_^ I put a couple pics up. It's Manga/OVA accurate too ^^ I can't wait for our Hellsing group to take over AWA XD

dude. your costume is AWESOME.

My AFO group is gonna die (with happiness)...

Everybody go check his pics out!!!!

*pout* Won't have my Little Inty costume done 'till the Chattanooga trip- maybe will get some good pics then??? Right, Kayago? R U bringing Seras to that shoot?

Rukia_Kurosaki
05-24-2006, 09:10 PM
*pout* Won't have my Little Inty costume done 'till the Chattanooga trip- maybe will get some good pics then??? Right, Kayago? R U bringing Seras to that shoot?

Doubt it'll ready by then.

Muse
05-25-2006, 01:23 PM
Havoc, holy crap. Your costume is so good! >3< You did a fantastic job! I can't wait 'til we take over AWA either. We shall rule AWA! xD

Draculina, there's going to be a Chattanooga shoot? When and where (specifically)?

Rukia_Kurosaki
05-25-2006, 02:09 PM
Awesome costume, Havoc! Love the titles for the pictures too. Now I can't wait to see the group take over. It's going to be awesome! ^-^

Rukia_Kurosaki
05-25-2006, 02:11 PM
Draculina, there's going to be a Chattanooga shoot? When and where (specifically)?

I know you asked Draculina this but I'll go ahead and tell you ^^ It's at the Chattanooga Choo-Choo on Saturday, June 17th. It starts at 11 and goes to whenever

Ichigo_Kurosaki
05-25-2006, 02:57 PM
I can't wait for the shoot XD I might try to make my Alucard costume a little darker than the usual ones just because bloodred looks awesome.
I need to figure out a way to make the gun >>

Rukia_Kurosaki
05-25-2006, 03:42 PM
I would help but I'd end up destroying it.

Muse
05-25-2006, 03:57 PM
I know you asked Draculina this but I'll go ahead and tell you ^^ It's at the Chattanooga Choo-Choo on Saturday, June 17th. It starts at 11 and goes to whenever

Thanks! :D

Hm, the Choo-Choo definitely isn't too far. But, I won't have my costume finished by then. (I'm getting my boots and belt in July.) D:

Draculina
05-25-2006, 07:46 PM
D'oh. Guess I should elaborate a little bit on the photoshoot:
Chrno, I hope it's OK for me to pimp PSCS a bit. Feel free to jump in, since you're the mod and all (tee hee)...You too, Kayago, since the shoot's your baby anyway...

The photoshoot is NOT attatched to this Hellsing group; it is being hosted/held by PeachState Cosplay Society, a mutual-interest group from the greater Atlanta area (however, we have members all over GA, as well as in FL, TN ect.). PSCS is a great group and I highly encourage anyone in the area to join- it's free, it's super-fun and our member-hood ROCKS. We socialize in RL as well as on here. If anyone wants details, subscribe to the PSCS forum and post an introduction; you'll get a feel for the group pretty fast.
With that said, ANYONE is welcome to the Chatt shoot. I think one of the reasons we're doing it is to get an opportunity to socialize a bit. It's not Hellsing-themed, but the hotel we're meeting at is pretty-well suited for some "eclectic" pictures if people wanted to bring Hellsing cosplay (I'm bringing Schro and LilInty myself). I know quite a few people are bringing FMA costumes 'cause of the trains parked there.
If y'all would like to come, it would be a good opportunity for some of us to meet eachother before AWA...all you have to bring is a dish for a pot-luck. Some of us are also car-pooling from the N. Georgia area...
Just a thought.

Ichigo_Kurosaki
05-25-2006, 08:22 PM
D'oh. Guess I should elaborate a little bit on the photoshoot:
Chrno, I hope it's OK for me to pimp PSCS a bit. Feel free to jump in, since you're the mod and all (tee hee)...You too, Kayago, since the shoot's your baby anyway...

The photoshoot is NOT attatched to this Hellsing group; it is being hosted/held by PeachState Cosplay Society, a mutual-interest group from the greater Atlanta area (however, we have members all over GA, as well as in FL, TN ect.). PSCS is a great group and I highly encourage anyone in the area to join- it's free, it's super-fun and our member-hood ROCKS. We socialize in RL as well as on here. If anyone wants details, subscribe to the PSCS forum and post an introduction; you'll get a feel for the group pretty fast.
With that said, ANYONE is welcome to the Chatt shoot. I think one of the reasons we're doing it is to get an opportunity to socialize a bit. It's not Hellsing-themed, but the hotel we're meeting at is pretty-well suited for some "eclectic" pictures if people wanted to bring Hellsing cosplay (I'm bringing Schro and LilInty myself). I know quite a few people are bringing FMA costumes 'cause of the trains parked there.
If y'all would like to come, it would be a good opportunity for some of us to meet eachother before AWA...all you have to bring is a dish for a pot-luck. Some of us are also car-pooling from the N. Georgia area...
Just a thought.
haha no problem here ^^' I'd love to do Alucard for the shoot in Chatta.,but umm... yeah won't have time -_-
so....do we got many bad guys coming to AWA? ^^

Muse
05-25-2006, 08:44 PM
Gotcha! ^_^

I'll have to look into the PeachState Cosplay Society! I had no idea it even existed! 0_0

As for the Choo-Choo shoot, I might just pop by to meet you guys, even though I don't have a costume. Though, maybe I can whip up a decent, cheap costume in a few weeks... [I'll have to ask my Mum though, since she's my ride. Curse driver's Ed. and the learner's permit. D:]

Rukia_Kurosaki
05-26-2006, 12:25 AM
I know of at least four friends that are going to the shoot that aren't in the PSCS ^-^ It's opened to anyone! We want you to come if you can and maybe you'll leave a PSCS member ^-^ And I have a learner's as well...er....I did til I lost my wallet, but I'm replacing it ^^

Anyway, back to the topic at hand! ^-^

Draculina
05-26-2006, 01:55 PM
Learner's permits...(sigh)...ah, to be 17 again...enjoy it while it lasts, girls...
Firstly, for clarification, the Chatt shoot is separate from the going-ons w/ AWA: we will STILL have a Hellsing shoot at AWA too...

OK, so I am a total busybody and I visited the Otakon boards where there is a fan-frenzy smorgasborg going on because Khouta Hirano is apparently coming to Otakon this year (oh squee! sarcastic jealous pout:hafha: ) and there is a huge Hellsing photoshoot going on there too...I'm just a little teeny tiny bit intimidated 'cause it sounds like that group has their s**t together and is going to be really awesome...
(Kayago, aren't you in that group too? I thought I read that you were going to Ota *bitch*- OMG just kidding)

(here comes my sorority/Army/softball crazy alter ego)

So, today, my loyal Atlanta friends, I am giving you a pep talk of sorts so we can get even more excited about how awesome and fun *our* Hellsing gathering is going to be!

WE will have humidity! WE will have the traffic on I-285! WE will have Chick-Fil-A across the street! WE will have Ed from FMA! WE will have the DarkHorse people! WE will have the PSCS Booth Babes! WE will have Paladin Alexander Anderson and his bayonets of DOOM! WE will have the one and only very first ever 3-headed Cerebus Alu/Puppycard FURSUIT! WE will have GothLolis! WE will have the first ever Hellsing Happy Hour in the Atrium for the 21+ers! :cheers: WE will have KillBill cosplayers! WE will have D-11 Seras! WE will have Lander! WE will have BloodRegime's Vampire Hunter D cosplayers and Rocky Horror cosplayers in our entourage! WE will have the most spirited, fun, crazy, out-of-control cosplay group EVAH!!!!

GO TEAM! BE AGGRESSIVE! B-E- AGGRESSIVE! B-E A-G-G-R-E-S-S-I-V-E!!!!

So get excited, everbody! And all of you going to Ota can freaking bite me!

*POSTSCRIPT* Ok, now it looks like i may actually go to Ota (hee- open mouth, insert foot), so I will get the lowdown on how to host a really good photoshoot from the fine example that I'm sure will be set there. But, as Hideki says in Engrish, !!DON'T WORRY!! Ours will still be the best and funnest!!!

Rukia_Kurosaki
05-26-2006, 02:28 PM
I hate being seventeen...Hardly any freedom except at cons. And no, I'm not going to be Seras at Otakon. I won't have my Alucard so I'm not bothering. Besides, I was planning for it to be at AWA anyway. Sorry for the misleading post. I already have like seven costumes for Otakon. Anyway, I'm sorry again. And our shoot will be better because we have two forms of Seras that people don't see very often, if at all. Isn't that right, Muse?

P.S. PM me because I was told to ask you a question ^-^ It'll make you happy.

Prof Farnsworth
05-28-2006, 11:50 PM
Squee! Hirano at Otakon! yep, I'm definitely going to Ota now. :rockon:

As for AWA, add my girlfriend as Seras Victoria (Manga/OVA). She wanted to go to Animazement as Seras, but I procrastinated for a few months and uh...didn't get around to it :bashful: . When she comes home tonight from work and I tell her Hirano is going to be at Otakon, I have a feeling I better get her cosplay done heh heh heh.

HopelessHavoc: Your Anderson was frickin' awesome, glad you could make it to Animazement. I can't believe there were so few Hellsing cosplayers. Not a negative thing neccesarily, as I'd rather Hellsing not be cosplayed to death as it becomes more popular.

HopelessHavoc
05-29-2006, 07:06 AM
Thank you! ^_^ Your Alucard totally rocked, and I loved the Medical Blood Pouch with the straw XD Sorry I missed the shoot.. I lost my badge earlier that day and went on a mad hunt for it @_@
But I'll return as Anderson for AWA, so we'll be sure to get some more pics

..now I just gotta find a way to Otakon so we can get some pics with Hirano ^_^

Muse
05-29-2006, 09:58 AM
Kayago: Our shoot will be absolutely rockin'! It will be the most rockin', most awesome, most greatest shoot ever!

But man.. I want to go to Otakon. There's no way I can go, I know that. .___.

Rukia_Kurosaki
05-29-2006, 02:52 PM
Awww...Wish you could...I don't know if we still have room or not...I can ask ^-^

But yes, the shoot will be awesome!

Draculina
06-11-2006, 07:54 PM
Ok, I was getting mad that our Hellsing thread was getting pushed to the bottom of the list, so I thought I'd just make a random post so we're back in the spotlight at the top of the list (hee hee)...

Ok, everybody, good work on the recruitment of Hellsingers so far, but we're still missing some key players! WE MUST FIND A PIP BERNADETTE!!!! I may have a possible Girlycard, and Rainbow Pixie is working on finding some Florida cosplayers for us, but if anyone has any aquaintances who don't have a cosplay picked out yet for AWA and may wanna do Hellsing w/ us, *gently persuade* them to join us! I will help with their costuming if necessary!

On a side note: What do you guys think about entering the costume contest as a big group? Yay or nay?

Rukia_Kurosaki
06-11-2006, 08:46 PM
Ok, I was getting mad that our Hellsing thread was getting pushed to the bottom of the list, so I thought I'd just make a random post so we're back in the spotlight at the top of the list (hee hee)...

Ok, everybody, good work on the recruitment of Hellsingers so far, but we're still missing some key players! WE MUST FIND A PIP BERNADETTE!!!! I may have a possible Girlycard, and Rainbow Pixie is working on finding some Florida cosplayers for us, but if anyone has any aquaintances who don't have a cosplay picked out yet for AWA and may wanna do Hellsing w/ us, *gently persuade* them to join us! I will help with their costuming if necessary!

On a side note: What do you guys think about entering the costume contest as a big group? Yay or nay?

I wanna Pip to glomp..-sniffle-

Muse
06-12-2006, 04:56 PM
I wanna Pip to glomp..-sniffle-

I second that~! 0_0 WE NEED A PIP.

As for entering the costume contest as a big group, I say: YAY. I think I'd be way too nervous to enter it by myself, but in a big group, that'd be fun. AND THERE COULD BE ONSTAGE ANTICS. :O

ringwraith10
06-12-2006, 08:32 PM
A big happy family reunion sounds fantastic. :) I'll be cosplaying as Integra, so I'll be interested.

Draculina
06-12-2006, 11:17 PM
RingWraith, are you Adult Inty??? That would be GREAT, because I believe IWFHellsing is still a tentative, and I'm doing "Lolita" Young Inty, so we'll have an original Inty (you), a character variant (me), and a Manga-specific Inty (if IWF comes). I'll add you, OK? Welcome!!!

Don't worry, Victorias, we'll find a Pip, even if I have to sell an organ on the black market (heh heh)...I have a friend who says he MIGHT do it, but he's not willing to wear the braid (he has only shoulder-length hair). How I wish I could find the Pip from last year (sigh)...

Getting excited, y'all...I can't beleive it's still 4 months away...

Here's the updated Roster:
*I would like to also note that it's OK IF WE HAVE DUPLICATES!!! I don't care hown many we have of 1 character, as long as we have an awesome turnout of Hellsing people! I know some people don't like to have more than one of each character, but I say it's all about some FAN LOVE!!!*

Young Integra: Me
Young Walter ("The Dawn"): Kiza's friend Sheldon
D-11 Seras Victoria:Kayago
OVA Seras Victoria: Muse, Farnsworth's Girlfriend
Alucard: ChrnoTheSinner and Farnsworth
Alex Anderson: Hopeless Havoc
Yumiko: my friend Liz
*Tentative* Knight/Manga/OVA Adult Integra: Mish
Adult Integra Hellsing: RingWraith
*Tentative* Girlycard: My friend Serena

Pip Bernadette
Montana Max
Doc
Zorin Blitz
Captain Hans
Valentine Bros.
Yumie (we still need the psycho half)
Heinkel
Enrico
Alhambra (The Dandy)
Arthur Hellsing
Any other versions of Alucard (Bondagecard would be GREAT!!!)
Any secondary characters from the anime: Incognito, Helena, Baobhan Sith (could be a cool gothloli), Fargason, Leif & Jessica

*Let me know if I missed anyone!

Prof Farnsworth
06-13-2006, 12:52 AM
Don't worry, Victorias, we'll find a Pip, even if I have to sell an organ on the black market (heh heh)...I have a friend who says he MIGHT do it, but he's not willing to wear the braid (he has only shoulder-length hair). How I wish I could find the Pip from last year (sigh)...

Getting excited, y'all...I can't beleive it's still 4 months away...

Yeah that Pip last year was awesome.

I guess I'll go ahead and let the cat out of the bag that my gf's Seras will be the "post-snack" version lol, the bloody one.

Right now I'm working on the Harkonnen, but I haven't decided whether or not I should do the arm in time for the Otakon Hellsing photoshoot. I'd like to make both props because the way I've worked out the design on the arm, there'd be no way she could walk around the con with that unwieldy thing lol. Sure the Harkonnen is about a foot taller than me (I'm 6'), but she'd still have both arms ^_^.

Rukia_Kurosaki
06-15-2006, 07:24 PM
[QUOTE=Prof Farnsworth]I guess I'll go ahead and let the cat out of the bag that my gf's Seras will be the "post-snack" version lol, the bloody one.[QUOTE]

I hate your gf! Just kidding ^-^ I was going to do that version at one point in time. I'm waiting on Chrnothesinner to get his Alucard first ^-^ Tell your gf I'm getting "Before and After" pictures just for laughs.

DalaiLiam
06-15-2006, 09:07 PM
Lief and Jessica...wooo... No wait. Screw that. I may be persuaded to fill a gap one day.

Draculina
06-15-2006, 10:35 PM
Hey!!! Who said you could visit my thread, DalaiLiam??!!!???

If you post on this thread, you are automatically obliged to participate in this cosplay group. Since we don't have a Jessica (yet- Rainbow_Pixie, I hope you're reading this), I find myself compelled to assign characters to those who dare tread on this sacred ground without offering their time to this hard-working and dedicated group.
Let's see...who can you cosplay for us, trespasser? I assign you...Montana Max, the valiant major of Millenium! What are Rip and Schro without thier valiant leader?
Any opposed???

Join us or face the wrath of a hungry Seras Victoria!!! MWUHAHAH!!!

DalaiLiam
06-15-2006, 10:53 PM
Facing the wrath of a hungry Seras Victoria would make me Pip though.(I never understood how having a lack of depth perception made a good marksman)

I should probably unpost then... I dunno what your photo schedule is as I've got too much crap already planned fro AWA, but I'll see where I can plug in.

Ichigo_Kurosaki
06-15-2006, 10:58 PM
lol!!!!!!! that's funny
I should be doing Alucard still,but I'm haveing money issues >> so it's up in the air

Draculina
06-15-2006, 11:10 PM
No, no... no need to repost- just teasing ;)

Although, we do need a Pip, since you mentioned it...how do you feel about wearing my Alice pack and bedroll and LBE for a few hours?...heh heh...

Don't worry, Chrno...we'll figure out a gameplan for Alu...if I can construct Puppycard in time for AFO, we can outfit you with a budget...don't fret, my friend ;)

Draculina
06-18-2006, 07:22 PM
Ok, some updates, and stuff needing feedback...

1. I've been thinking about how we should run this photoshoot. Do you guys think we should try to find a paid professional photographer or should we just try to find some friends to take the pics? I would rather have people taking pictures who are NOT cosplaying with us so that we can all be in each shot and not have to fiddle with us re-arranging ourselves constantly. I have a few aquaintances in mind who can hold/use everyone's cameras for us, OR we can all chip in and pay someone to come...
2. What time of day should we tentatively plan for? I was thinking sometime Saturday late moring-early afternoon, so that anyone who wants to be in the costume contest has time to prepare. Is anyone NOT planning to do Hellsing on Saturday?
3. I've only been to AWA once; does anyone have any thoughts about WHERE we can take pictures? I don't have a good layout in my mind about how the convention center looks.
4. OK, we have some *TENTATIVE* (big stress on the word tentative) cosplayers who MIGHT join us in the following combinations: Pip/Enrico/Beardycard or Jan/Luke/Pip. We also MIGHT have another female cosplayer who is unsure of which character she'll do. AND, I have a friend who wants to cosplay as Jesus (?????WTF I say!!!????). Yes, I know, I'm scratching my head too...he thinks it would be funny to come hang out with the Iscariot cosplayers. Before I give him my blessing (hee hee), I really would like to know: is anyone going to be morally offended/uncomfortable with him showing up? I don't think anyone on here is going to jump down your throat if you say "yes"- I will take care of them if they give you a hard time. I would rather everyone be cool than weirded out...

Prof Farnsworth
06-19-2006, 12:56 PM
I don't think my fiancee can make it. Classes will have started by then, so she won't know until after Otakon if she can go.

Muse
06-22-2006, 12:56 AM
Dracula, in answer to your questions:

1. I'll admit that I'm cheap, so, I'd rather just have a friend hang out and take the pictures. I might even be able to rope one of my friends into being one of our cameradudes.

2. Saturday late morning/early afternoon sounds good to me. As far as I know, there's nothing else at that time that I would want to go do. No video showings, no panels, etc...

3. I've only been to AWA once too, so I'm no expert. I don't think that down on the first floor of the hotel would work too well. You know, near the elevators and where all those tables were last year... Too crowded. But, it might. The convention center area would be hard too, because of the weapon rule... I'm at a loss. .__.;;

4. I think a Jesus cosplayer would be awesome. I am all for it! xD

Die Tod
06-24-2006, 01:14 PM
Does anyone personally know the people who did Rip, Pip and Integra last year? They were really good, and I'd love to get in touch with them to see if they're doing Hellsing again this year...

Um... I was a Rip last year, the one that was in the costume contest. Do you mean me, or another? I had heard that there was one or two other Rips about, but I never personally saw them.

But, I plan to attend this year as well. I'm also considering possibly doing a Bondage!Card costume (from when Integra finds him...you know).

So, even though you already have a Rip on your list, I'd be more than happy to join your ranks as well.

Prof Farnsworth
06-24-2006, 02:16 PM
Um... I was a Rip last year, the one that was in the costume contest.

Frickin awesome, you're the Rip I saw and got a picture with last year. You have it in your gallery. You're one of the best Rip's I've seen. Quite the dog's bollocks.

Draculina
06-24-2006, 02:17 PM
Hey DieTod; yep, that was you I was talking about (I recognize your pic)- you were (no joke) the most awesome Rip I've ever seen!!!!
If you do Bondage!card, I will love you forever (I'm going as the young Inty, so I will insist that we pose for a pic together - grin)...but if not, we'd love to have any character you want to cosplay, duplicates or not :)

I will add you for both Rip and Bondage!card- welcome aboard!!!!

Die Tod
06-24-2006, 06:14 PM
Yay, I found the Alucard I posed with! You were a very good Alucard. In fact (and no offense to any of the other Alucards that attended last year), you were my favorite one there!

Draculina: Awww... Thanks! I'm going to try to make my costume and prop even better for this year. Hmmm... I suppose I should work on trying to get the Bondage!card ready by then, too...

Question, though. Should I go with the white hair that is seen in the original anime and the manga, or should I go with the black hair seen in the OVA?

Prof Farnsworth
06-24-2006, 06:23 PM
Yay, I found the Alucard I posed with! You were a very good Alucard. In fact (and no offense to any of the other Alucards that attended last year), you were my favorite one there!

Awww *feels the love* Thank you. That means a lot to me. I've been constantly upgrading my Alucard since it's debut a year and a half ago. For Otakon, I'm upgrading a few parts: glasses, boots, tie, and I'm adding the two guns, however my Casull will be slightly different and special ^_~ that's the only hint I'll give.

If you'd like a look at my upgraded parts, check out my gallery. I've yet to get a shot with them all together on me yet, but I'm sure you can visualize.

See everyone at the con! :cheers:

Muse
06-25-2006, 10:48 PM
DieTod, you were the awesome Rip last year? Neat-o. I thought that it was a fantastic cosplay! Actually, I think I took your picture, hmm...

You could do either Bondagecard hair color, I guess. I personally think the black hair looks cooler, but that might just be me. xD

Draculina
06-29-2006, 01:41 PM
*squee* I'm so excited! We have 23 people, and really, if we can just find some more Iscaiot & Millenium cosplayers, we'll be squared away! That being said, I got bored this afternoon and decided to fill in blanks (I improvised w/ "civillian" names for those not on cosplay.com). Without further adieu, here's the...
UPDATED ROSTER:

The Hellsing Org.
*Tentative* Knight/OVA Integra: Mish/IWFHellsing
Integra Hellsing: RingWraith
Young Integra: Draculina
Young Walter ("The Dawn"): Sheldon
D-11 Seras Victoria: Kayago
OVA Seras Victoria: Muse, Farnsworth's GF (tentative)
*Tentative* Pip Bernadette: Andrew
Alucard: ChrnoTheSinner, Farnsworth, ForgottenWoods
Girlycard: Serena

Millenium:
*Tentative* Jan Valentine: DalaiLiam
*Tentative* Luke Valentine: Connor

Iscariot Section XIII (who will eat the KH Organization 13 for breakfast)
Alexander Anderson: HopelessHavoc
Yumiko: Liz

Montana Max
Doc
Zorin Blitz
Captain Hans
Heinkel
Enrico
Alhambra (The Dandy)
Arthur Hellsing
Any other versions of Alucard
Any secondary characters from the anime
*Someone to actually take pictures*

HopelessHavoc
06-29-2006, 08:01 PM
I remember seeing DieTod's Rip at AWA last year. It was my first con and I had finished the 6th Hellsing book. I remember thinking "Wow! She looks JUST like Rip Van Winkle!" :eek: I started planning a Hellsing cosplay right then and there XD
It'll be great to actually be cosplaying from Hellsing with you guys this year ^^
I love how big this group is getting. This is gonna be awesome! :rockon:

Die Tod
06-29-2006, 09:11 PM
Oh... That... That has to be one of the nicest things anyone has ever said about my Rip... To actually inspire someone to cosplay Hellsing. I... Oh. Thank you.

HopelessHavoc
06-30-2006, 12:47 PM
Oh... That... That has to be one of the nicest things anyone has ever said about my Rip... To actually inspire someone to cosplay Hellsing. I... Oh. Thank you.

No Problem ^_^ It was an awesome costume! Do you remember a Lil' Slugger cosplayer asking for your picture? That was me ^^ That week after AWA I started on my Anderson coat XD

Draculina - I'm pretty sure I'll have a friend with me to take pics for us.. so we'll have at least one designated photographer ^^

Draculina
07-01-2006, 11:07 PM
Awesome, Hopeless. Does he mind helping w/ other people's cameras and stuff? I'm working on getting an aquaintance to take pics as well (somebody who can help pose us and do cool "technical stuff"...I dunno, I'm a total dumbass when it comes to photography).
We gotta think of some funny poses...some of my past faves of Hellsing cosplayers have been Schro being chased up a tree, Anderson and Alu having a beer together, Integra lighting a cigar in a "no smoking" area and Seras and Walter "arresting" Jan (some of BooDoo's Jan cosplay pics are freaking HYSTERICAL if any of you know her from Ota)...

RainbowPixie
07-07-2006, 07:46 PM

Draculina: Awww... Thanks! I'm going to try to make my costume and prop even better for this year. Hmmm... I suppose I should work on trying to get the Bondage!card ready by then, too...

Question, though. Should I go with the white hair that is seen in the original anime and the manga, or should I go with the black hair seen in the OVA?

BONDAGECARD!!! yusssssss

and your rip van winkle is absolutely amazing. from one rip to another...good work, m'lady! XD

Draculina
07-07-2006, 10:49 PM
There you are, my love!!!! Welcome to the thread (2 months later *snicker*)...So excited to have 2 outstanding Rips aboard ;)
Cleaned up the list and took out some of the "tentatives". We now have a confirmed Pip! Oh happy day!!!!

The Hellsing Org.
Integra Hellsing: RingWraith
Young Walter ("The Dawn"): Sheldon
OVA Seras Victoria: Muse, *Tentative* Farnsworth's GF
Pip Bernadette: Andrew
Alucard: ChrnoTheSinner, Farnsworth
Powersuit Alucard: ForgottenWoods

Millenium:
Jan Valentine: DalaiLiam
*Tentative* Luke Valentine: Connor

Still needed:
Montana Max
Doc
Zorin Blitz
Captain Hans
Heinkel
Enrico
Alhambra (The Dandy)
Arthur Hellsing
* Hopless Havoc and Draculina's friends taking pictures as of now*

Muse
07-08-2006, 01:28 AM
We're gonna have Valentine Brothers? Rockin'. x3

Man, since we have a Yumiko, I'm tempted to do a Heinkel cosplay instead. ><; But I guess I should stick with the Seras one.

Die Tod
07-08-2006, 12:49 PM
and your rip van winkle is absolutely amazing. from one rip to another...good work, m'lady! XD

Oh danke, darling. You make a very cute Rip yourself. ;)

DalaiLiam
07-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Mann.. I'm gonna get so pierced up for Yan.

DalaiLiam
07-10-2006, 10:22 PM
Die Tod, I will perosnally be dissapointed if you do not put on freckles this time :P Great costume though. You must also sing songs.... Or else.

Draculina
07-12-2006, 12:03 AM
Yes, we will all skip around and hold hands and wear freckles and sing German war songs together or else Alu will impale us with a massive warhead.

Ummm...holy cow...that sounded really wrong.

Although I do believe Rainbow knows some German- right, love?

and...???piercings??? oO Uwah! Sounds kinda hot...

Wow. I'm on a roll tonight.

Jessi, are you still definite for Schro? Wanna make sure 'cause Serena's thinking about dropping Girlycard (wah!) and doing Schro as well...

DalaiLiam
07-12-2006, 08:04 AM
Remember if thre is not a Jewish protest, we're not doing it right.

Die Tod
07-12-2006, 06:38 PM
Um... But... I don't need to put freckles on. My face is covered in freckles already... o_O Naturally... It's one of the reasons I even picked Rip as a cosplay last year (besides adoring her).

Draculina
07-13-2006, 01:28 AM
That's what I thought...I seem to remember seeing the freckles up close in one of your pics...(*blows raspberry in DalaiLiam's general direction*- ha!)

Can we still be entertained by you and Rainbow singing German war songs though?

RainbowPixie
07-13-2006, 01:30 AM
hahaha yea the freckles are a pain in the ass. i put them on every time, and have to re-do them every 3 hours or so. -_- but they look cute. freckles are adorable. XD

Draculina
07-13-2006, 01:33 AM
Yeah...freckles are hot...freckles and piercings (huhuhuhuh)...
Please excuse me. My mind is in the sewer (yes, that means sub-level to gutter) tonight...*grins*

RainbowPixie
07-13-2006, 01:37 AM
is IWF still doing Integra?

RainbowPixie
07-13-2006, 01:45 AM
and yes, freckles and piercings are hot. so is hellsing yuri. <.<....>.>....

Prof Farnsworth
07-13-2006, 01:49 AM
So it's German war songs you want eh? I've got bunches of em ^_^ plus folksongs, the lyrics to most and I can sing. My dad learned German in college and passed the love of German culture to me. One of our friends was in WWII although he was on the Russian front. He was shot in the head and still had his helmet, it went in one side glanced off his skull and came out the other side. He was an excellent water-colour painter and a very cultured man. We'd go over and talk and my dad would sing German folksongs with him while his wife or my sister would play the piano. Shame he died. May Dad sang "Ich hatt' einen Kameraden" at his funeral (although with alternate lyrics as my dad wasn't with him in the war).

Draculina
07-13-2006, 01:55 AM
Yeah, Rainbow, I concurr...IxSxR all the way! (*giggles with glee and hopes certain fellow posters will not blanch and run away squealing- it's only for asthetic purposes, I promise, darling!!!*)...
Yeah. Mind still definitely in the sewer.
Farnsworth, cool story AND you must teach us some German songs. I'm deadly serious; I totally love to sing (even though I suck), and although I would hesitate to embarass any of our group members, I think it would be totally crazy to throw in some drinking songs w/ our Hellsing Happy Hour...teach me and DieTod some songs @ Ota, yes?
And...dunno about Mish...I have my fingers crossed, but we'll have to gently persuade her @ Ota...we may have to ask her for autographs and offer her sales commission...do you possibly have another Knight Inty in mind???

RainbowPixie
07-13-2006, 01:59 AM
no, unfortunately. :0( i was just hoping she'd go, cause she does a great cosplay.

<33333333333

Draculina
07-13-2006, 02:04 AM
Yeah, she is pretty damned amazing. Maybe if I offer to sleep w/ her? (*chokes* just kidding, Mish)

Draculina
07-13-2006, 02:13 AM
AAAAND...not to double-post on my own thread or anything but...holy cow...I was downloading chapter 74 from BOH the same time I was posting and just read it and...
oO
That's all I can say: oO
Now we MUST MUST find a Heinkel, so help me. That was just...I dunno...a cheap shot, Kouhta Hirano. Thanks. WTF, I say.

Die Tod
07-13-2006, 02:32 PM
I would love to sing German songs! Though I'd also like to learn the song(s) that she sings in the manga...

Prof Farnsworth
07-13-2006, 03:37 PM
I would love to sing German songs! Though I'd also like to learn the song(s) that she sings in the manga...

Well the first is Engeland Lied and it's a German WWII song about pressing towards england. It's one of the more well-known ones.

I can show you two (Draculina & Die Tod) the ropes at Otakon ^_~

RainbowPixie
07-13-2006, 04:54 PM
ooooh! we can sing Horst Wessel Lied and get really dirty looks from the people who know what that song is!!! haha

Prof Farnsworth
07-13-2006, 05:38 PM
ooooh! we can sing Horst Wessel Lied and get really dirty looks from the people who know what that song is!!! haha

lol

My absolute favourite Nazi Germany area song is Heil Deutschland. The tenor is awesome, and it's quite interesting that they used a 1904 melody by American composer Theodore F. Morse called "Blue Bell"

From a historical and music appreciation standpoint, ya just gotta love 'em, even the ones during the war. Germans have always turned out the best marches and folksongs and while we might have won the war, they had the better soundtrack ^_^ (not to mention those form-fitting, designer uniforms, and patent leather...real spiffy)

RainbowPixie
07-13-2006, 06:11 PM
makes me proud to be 1/3 german. haha

RainbowPixie
07-13-2006, 09:53 PM
I have a friend who wants to cosplay as Jesus (?????WTF I say!!!????). Yes, I know, I'm scratching my head too...he thinks it would be funny to come hang out with the Iscariot cosplayers.

i would die of happiness. my vote is YES INDEED. hahahaha

but only if he says atleast once an hour "well i am jesus afterall, lol".

Muse
07-14-2006, 11:57 AM
AAAAND...not to double-post on my own thread or anything but...holy cow...I was downloading chapter 74 from BOH the same time I was posting and just read it and...
oO
That's all I can say: oO
Now we MUST MUST find a Heinkel, so help me. That was just...I dunno...a cheap shot, Kouhta Hirano. Thanks. WTF, I say.

Actually, I am starting to think that I might cosplay as Heinkel, instead of Seras. Mainly, because I don't want to dye my hair super-blonde or buy a wig. Heinkel is a little easier to do too. ^^;; (I swear that I'll stop being so indecisive about cosplay one day... xDDD)

As for those German war songs: I'm all for singing 'em. If someone'll teach me, I'll join in with you guys! :D

Draculina
07-14-2006, 11:22 PM
Muse, if you're really thinking about doing Heinkel, that would be AWESOME. Of course, I know your Seras would be top-notch too, so it's up to you...
We DO have an Alex (Hopeless) and a Yumie (Liz). Liz has very fair coloring (blonde w/ freckles) and she's also very petite, so we're gonna have to slap my Girlycard wig on her and stick her in some stacked Mary-Janes. She can't decide whether to be "Yumiko" (tamed down hair, glasses, wearing the nun cowl thing) or "Yumie" (crazy hair, no glasses or cowl)- we're leaning towards Yumiko b/c of the "no live steel" thing (it's just not the same w/out the katana)
Anyhow, let us know what you decide...
And, I'll make sure I bring a pitch-pipe and a music stand and height-appropriate shoes for when we have our little musical interlude / german war song hoedown / Hellsing choir concert. I'm a Mezzo-Soprano. Farnsworth- tenor did you say (or was that my imagination)? We need a bass, Jonathan's a baritone, and for the ladies, we need a Sop I and an Alto I or II...hee hee hee (*claps hands together evilly*)...

Muse
07-15-2006, 01:41 AM
Oh! I'm a mid-high Alto. ^_^ I'm not sure what the proper musical term is, but that's what I call it. xD

As for the no "live-steel" thing, couldn't a plastic sword be used instead? I think that they sell those at places like Toys-R-Us, or do toy stores not sell plastic weapons anymore? I know that some don't. o0;; Though, AWA has a rule about NO weapons in the convention center area, don't they? =/ I don't know how much they'll enforce it this year, but it seemed crazy how strict they were last year. I heard that a lot of weapons were stolen from the big weapon pile near the hallway, which isn't surprising, but still, kinda disappointing.

RainbowPixie
07-15-2006, 02:22 AM
my friend made a sword out of wood for his KH sephiroth cosplay

http://www.risingsun.net/albums/metro2006/sunday/source/metro2006-6724.shtml

he just painted it silver and it turned out fabulous (of course it was 7 feet long and had to be taken apart into 2 different pieces). but yeah, you could try that.

Prof Farnsworth
07-15-2006, 10:44 AM
Well more of a Baritone actually.

Die Tod
07-15-2006, 12:20 PM
I'm an alto myself. I can handle anything from the lower-range alto to the higher. Like Muse, I'm not entirely clear on the terms. >_>

Draculina
07-15-2006, 10:06 PM
Hee hee---I was more being silly w/ the voice part thing than anything. I've been in choirs and played instruments ever since I was a little girl and I love to sing (badly), so I was just going off on a little whimsical tangent, if you will.
But...we will sing FOR SURE ;)
And a little tutorial in octet singing for those who inquired:
Mezzo-Sop and Alto I would be the middle voice ranges for the ladies. Sop I- highest, Alto II- lowest.
For the gentlemen: Tenor I- highest, Baritone- middle, Bass- lowest.

And UPDATE: I found out Eurobeat King is coming to AWA this year (tentitavely), so I'm going to do my best to pimp our group and see if he'll come take pics too...in case he peruses our thread, here's an updated list:

The Hellsing Org.
Integra Hellsing: RingWraith, Ningyou
Young Walter ("The Dawn"): Sheldon, DashiKun
OVA Seras Victoria: Muse, *Tentative* Farnsworth's GF
Alucard: ChrnoTheSinner, Farnsworth, ForgottenWoods, Ningyou's friend

Millenium:
Major Montana Max: Cleaver's brother
Rip Van Winkle: Rainbow Pixie, DieTod, Dizzy
Zorin Blitz: Cleaver
Luke Valentine: Connor

Heinkel: Muse *Tentative*

Still needed:
Doc
Captain Hans
Enrico
Alhambra (The Dandy)
Arthur Hellsing

Draculina
07-15-2006, 11:27 PM
Ok, POST SCRIPT: Eurobeat King says he will come to our gathering!!! We just have to firm up a time and place that dosen't conflict w/ the costume contest...
Thank you so much, kind sir :)

*does victory cartwheels and roundoff back-handsprings around kitchen*

OK, gang, someone start suggesting a meeting place PLEASE...

RainbowPixie
07-16-2006, 12:11 AM
Ok, POST SCRIPT: Eurobeat King says he will come to our gathering!!! We just have to firm up a time and place that dosen't conflict w/ the costume contest...
Thank you so much, kind sir :)

*does victory cartwheels and roundoff back-handsprings around kitchen*

OK, gang, someone start suggesting a meeting place PLEASE...

holycrapawesome! no idea as for the meeting place. >.> your going to have to show me around AWA. i'm an AWA virgin. ha

Draculina
07-16-2006, 11:13 AM
Ok, we need to pick a definite time of day as I now see that other groups are also firming up times/places.
The KH & FF people and the J-Rockers are meeting Saturday afternoon. The FMA group, which I hear is huge is also meeting Saturday afternoon I think (will have to double-check that). I know we have some Hellsingers who are also participating in those groups who just happen to be key players (like Hopeless as our one and only Anderson, Jessi as our one and only Schro, our Jan possibly doing KH cosplay, ect.)
I will be pretty aggravated if we lose main characters at the last minute to the "cool" cosplay groups especially now that we have a very awesome photographer who's agreed to come.
I say Saturday morning for us. Either that or late Saturday evening (after the costume contest). In any case, the FF/KH/FMA people need time to change, correct?
Is anywhere from the 10-11am ballpark too early for anyone? Of course, I'll have to find out the times for the costume contest judging, but I was thinking at least we'll all be fresh-faced, and since most of you are staying in the hotel, all you have to do is wake up, get pretty, have some caffeine and glucose and come downstairs.

RainbowPixie
07-16-2006, 03:40 PM
saturday evening would be good.

jeez, hopefully there isn't a big ass bleach group to take over, like at all the FL cons. -_-

forgottenwoods
07-16-2006, 08:35 PM
saturday evening would be good.

jeez, hopefully there isn't a big ass bleach group to take over, like at all the FL cons. -_-

ACKKKKK! Bleach.... more insanity to contend with.

Draculina
07-16-2006, 10:31 PM
Howdy, ForgottenWoods! Happy to have you join us on the thread!

Yeah, Bleach...and FMA...and KH...blah.

That's OK- we'll just have Hopeless skewer them on his awesome bayonets and we'll have some Shinigami/Ed-ka-bobs at our gathering...

RainbowPixie
07-16-2006, 11:43 PM
ACKKKKK! Bleach.... more insanity to contend with.

SMELLS LIKE OVERDONE COSPLAY GROUPS!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

eheh...of course...i love bleach...but eh...the bleach groups around here always knock my lesser-known groups out of the picture at the cons. :mad:

Draculina
07-17-2006, 01:08 AM
Ok, I posted a poll so we can vote on when to meet. Whenever people start suggesting locations as well, I'll add another one. We need an area of the convention center that can accomadate 25-30 people (we have more cosplayers from the AWA message boards who have PMed me that I haven't added yet)...If no-one votes, then I pick the time but we risk losing some of our main characters...
EVERYONE GO VOTE OR I COLLECT YOUR EFFING HEAD :angry:.

RainbowPixie
07-17-2006, 01:28 AM
votedvotedvoted don't hate me please!!!!! :: runs away and hides ::

Draculina
07-17-2006, 01:38 AM
Awww. :hugs: Thanks for voting, chickie!

Y'know, Saturday night could work if we time it right after the costume contest (9:30-10ish)- as long as I can go throw on Raver Asuka and you can throw on Raver Rei so we can go bounce around and act like cool posers with glowsticks @ the rave. That or we can totally crash the fancy-schmancy Ball on Friday night as Asuka & Rei and be eachother's hot dates in innapropriate attire...and get kicked out and laugh at the open juice-bar and the AWA "Special Forces" security guards and all the kissy-faced couples slow-dancing to "Love Chronicle" (*gag*)...
Although, having never attended either Ball or Rave, I can't say if either is as fun as I'm making them sound (*derisive snort*)...I don't attend that kind of crap unless I have a truly spectacular and attentive date (read: arm accessory)who dosen't mind that I dance like a caucasian girl w/ 2 left feet (that's the rule for my sorority's formals anyway)...
...buuut it would be cool if anyone was gonna go to the Ball in their Hellsing finery...I wonder if they'd let people in the door in Hellsing costumes...Alu could pass as semi-formal I guess...
Feh. Whatever. I like the idea of Asuka/Rei shennanigans better.

HopelessHavoc
07-17-2006, 02:18 AM
Ok, we need to pick a definite time of day as I now see that other groups are also firming up times/places.
The KH & FF people and the J-Rockers are meeting Saturday afternoon. The FMA group, which I hear is huge is also meeting Saturday afternoon I think (will have to double-check that). I know we have some Hellsingers who are also participating in those groups who just happen to be key players (like Hopeless as our one and only Anderson, Jessi as our one and only Schro, our Jan possibly doing KH cosplay, ect.)

Don't fret, wee lass.. I can't let ye Protestants have all o' the fun
I voted for Saturday night ^_^ I'll be there with bayonetts ready to ka-bob... Vampires, that is XD

Draculina
07-17-2006, 11:35 AM
Yay, Hopeless! That brings me great joy XD

And- we now have a Major and a Zorin joining us from the AWA message boards!

RainbowPixie
07-17-2006, 03:25 PM
Awww. :hugs: Thanks for voting, chickie!

Y'know, Saturday night could work if we time it right after the costume contest (9:30-10ish)- as long as I can go throw on Raver Asuka and you can throw on Raver Rei so we can go bounce around and act like cool posers with glowsticks @ the rave. That or we can totally crash the fancy-schmancy Ball on Friday night as Asuka & Rei and be eachother's hot dates in innapropriate attire...and get kicked out and laugh at the open juice-bar and the AWA "Special Forces" security guards and all the kissy-faced couples slow-dancing to "Love Chronicle" (*gag*)...
Although, having never attended either Ball or Rave, I can't say if either is as fun as I'm making them sound (*derisive snort*)...I don't attend that kind of crap unless I have a truly spectacular and attentive date (read: arm accessory)who dosen't mind that I dance like a caucasian girl w/ 2 left feet (that's the rule for my sorority's formals anyway)...
...buuut it would be cool if anyone was gonna go to the Ball in their Hellsing finery...I wonder if they'd let people in the door in Hellsing costumes...Alu could pass as semi-formal I guess...
Feh. Whatever. I like the idea of Asuka/Rei shennanigans better.

hahahahaha the balls are hilarious, it's like prom!!! seriously! me and my friends love to get drunk and go up and harrass the security gaurds in weird costumes (I.E. drunk vash, drunk spike, don corneo and me as some stumbling, slurring neko schoolgirl), like "WHY WONTCHA LET US IN WE'RE GOOD PEOPLE WE DID NOTHING WRONG FUCK YOU THEN HEY LET'S BE GOOD FRIENDS FOR LIFE". and the raves are alright, they are fun to hang out at and dance at, cause they actually have good music usually, depending on the DJ. and ya know...scantilly clad women who want to grind against you. that's my favorite part.

the pip for our AFO group thought it'd be badass to go to one of teh formal dances as "suit version alucard" and "suit version pip" like in that one chapter in the manga. SO SEXY. holy shit. i drool at the thought. but yeah, rei and asuka crashing the ball sounds fun as hell, too. hahahahahaha

Draculina
07-18-2006, 02:16 PM
Whoa. "Buenos Aires Powersuit" Pip and Alu are freaking smexy as hell. I think I'd have to insist on one of them being my date- that is, if I went to the ball...the idea of Asuka/Rei "shennanigans" are equally tempting...

Holy cow, I just realized AFO is in a week!!!! I still have to make Inty's skirt and Girlycard's hat and Pip's gear!!!

And...I'm seriously thinking (since only 3 people have voted- grrrr)...Sat. night WOULD work better...our Girlycard is also doing "Team Shinigami Mitsuki" during the day Saturday, and I would really hate to lose her too.

It would help to know what the interest is in the costume contest, and who's planning to enter costumes other than Hellsing. We'd have to make it convenient for people to be able to swap costumes comfortably, blah blah.

My brother wants to enter Puppycard, but I have super-bad stage fright and I dunno if people will get the giant evil plushie dog thing without the little girl to go with it...Rainbow, we'll have to take a side-trip to the bar before we hit the costume contest @ AFO so I'll be mellowed out ;)

!*Jessi-Chan*!
07-18-2006, 03:51 PM
*jumps back into thread after loooong absence* I may still be the Schrodinger for this...but i am having SLIGHT difficulties locating important items...such as the SHIRT and the SHORTS. Anyone know where to get any online? All Boy Scouts stuff have patches on them as far as i have seen. *grumbles*

Draculina
07-18-2006, 04:17 PM
1) My Schro costume is a Dickies uniform- $30 for pants and shorts. Try Walmart...they have a big Dickies section in the Men's clothing area, or just visit the Dickies website
2) Thrift stores sometimes have old police uniforms- I found one that we may use for D11 Seras for under $20
3) Military surplus- try Hodges in Marietta if you're in the Atlanta area (in fact, I'm going there tomorrow- I'll look for stuff for you). You can order stuff from them online, too.
4) If you will PM me your measurements and you and I match up, you can just borrow my Schro costume if you promise to be very very nice to it! I have the entire head-to-toe costume including a wig...

RainbowPixie
07-18-2006, 05:45 PM
well i'll probably not be doing anything other than rip van, rei (if you want me to <3) and maybe, POSSIBLY ito from bible black or kuukaku from bleach. kuukaku might be in production till megacon '07, though...i'm putting a SHITLOAD of work into that bad bo...er....girl...XD

so count me in on the costume contest as rip van. ^.^

Die Tod
07-18-2006, 10:57 PM
While being in the contest last year was fun in that I got to meet some very nice people and all...it took up way too much time. Soooo... I probably won't be doing it again this year, even if I pimp out my gun even more.

Sat night sounds fine with me.

On a side note: I got my red contacts today, so I have a fresh new picture up in my (recently organized) gallery of in-progress Bondagecard. I hope to have the strappy shirt done soonish, so I'll be posting more in-progress pics as things...well...progress.

And you know what I realized? While I've got great cheeks for Rip, they're not so great for Alucard... :( I'll have to figure something out... Because I've spent too much money on Bondagecard to back out now.

DalaiLiam
07-20-2006, 10:47 PM
Any plans?

I tried this one once before, but I figure if I rehash it, and it's bigger, and maybe I use more profanity, and maybe more antics as a destraction, it just might work this time.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v16/Dalai_liam/yanfails.jpg

In the revision I have to dress it up like Luke.

Draculina
07-20-2006, 11:18 PM
ROFL

*Everyone, please excuse our Jan. He's apparently having a psychological crisis in this picture...oO*

You'd better post the follow-up to that pic, or I'll smite you with my parasol *smirk <3*

Jess/Rainbow: See that hat? We're swiping it for AFO. I gotcha covered, pardner ;)

Jessi/Schro: I went to Hodges- they have everything you need for your costume if you're near Marietta. PM me if you want more info or just wanna wear my costume...

DalaiLiam
07-20-2006, 11:24 PM
Yeah.. I am.

No actually I mean what have the Valentine brothers had since Book 2? A small little 2 page display of antics? So... Yeah.. I'm gonna make a big stick of dynamite prop and dress it up like Luke, and probably carry around a spoon and try to get all of our Alucards to eat it.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
07-21-2006, 11:32 PM
1) My Schro costume is a Dickies uniform- $30 for pants and shorts. Try Walmart...they have a big Dickies section in the Men's clothing area, or just visit the Dickies website
2) Thrift stores sometimes have old police uniforms- I found one that we may use for D11 Seras for under $20
3) Military surplus- try Hodges in Marietta if you're in the Atlanta area (in fact, I'm going there tomorrow- I'll look for stuff for you). You can order stuff from them online, too.
4) If you will PM me your measurements and you and I match up, you can just borrow my Schro costume if you promise to be very very nice to it! I have the entire head-to-toe costume including a wig...

i'll try those all those things (except the ATL thingie. I live in SC...WAYYY down south ^_^) As far as my mesurements...they are forever cahnged (damn food! making me gain weight) so telling them would be worthless

Draculina
07-22-2006, 10:47 PM
Jessi, I sent you a PM w/ details about Schro costuming...I'm wearing the head-to-toe outfit @ AFO, so I'll put pics up for you to peruse in a short while ;)

Looks like we're leaning towards Saturday night then? Still need a location, kids...need a big enough space for 30+ people and for Jan and Luke to act the fools and test their demolition prowess on an unsuspecting Puppycard...

HopelessHavoc
07-23-2006, 09:18 AM
Looks like we're leaning towards Saturday night then? Still need a location, kids...need a big enough space for 30+ people and for Jan and Luke to act the fools and test their demolition prowess on an unsuspecting Puppycard...

I can't really remember if they close it off or not at night, but that big hallway outside of the Dealer's Room might be a good place. Or we could meet up at the top of the lobby escalator.. I remember there being a pretty big space between the end of the Artist Alley and the escalators.. and by that time of night it shouldn't be too crowded over there anymore ^_^; just a suggestion

!*Jessi-Chan*!
07-23-2006, 04:34 PM
this is my first AWA so i really can't offer up ideas for locations...

Draculina
07-25-2006, 01:09 AM
Both of those spaces sound good. I was thinking it would be nice to be in the vicinity of any crowds still lingering from the contest in the event that we could pick up more Hellsing cosplayers who don't know about us meeting (i.e. not on cosplay.com, ect)--- just as long as we aren't obstructing any areas where people are trying to pass (don't wanna piss off security).

AFO is in 4 days!!! Yay! Almost done w/ Girlycard and Inty- will post a picture or two soon maybe....Anyone else besides Hopeless and Rainbow and I going?

Rukia_Kurosaki
07-25-2006, 03:31 AM
I can't really remember if they close it off or not at night, but that big hallway outside of the Dealer's Room might be a good place. Or we could meet up at the top of the lobby escalator.. I remember there being a pretty big space between the end of the Artist Alley and the escalators.. and by that time of night it shouldn't be too crowded over there anymore ^_^; just a suggestion

The hallway wasn't closed last year. It can't really be closed due to the food court and mall stores.

mangaka_serena
07-27-2006, 11:08 PM
Hey Draculina XD

I finally made it here. My Mitsuki cosplay is completed and my wings just came in OMFG awesome XD very spiffy

Hellsing cos, whatever you need I'll do it ^-^ I don't mind crossplaying if need be

I'm gonna be at the Rose Ball so if the photo shoot occurs at that time I'll miss it ^-^ hehe

wells see ya soon, ^-^
Loves you
Serena

Draculina
08-01-2006, 02:57 AM
Yay, Serena's here! *glomp*
Girlycard, most definitely, my friend---unless Muse decides NOT to do Heinkel-then I might pair you up w/ Liz & Jason..
Photoshoot will be Sat. night after the costume contest...hope you're talking about the AWA ball on Friday when you say "Rose Ball"...
FMwS for Izu and I is Friday- he's doing Puppycard ALL DAY Saturday, but I've already worn Inty once, so I can always wear Meroko for part of Sat. so I can follow you around...

On a side note, any Hellsingers lacking a cosplay for Sunday are welcome to join RainbowPixie and I in Bible Black cosplay madness. HOWEVER, do me, Rainbow and yourself a favor and watch it BEFORE you post a "Yeah, I'll do it!". The costumes are cute but be sure you know what the show's actually about first... (heh heh heh...)

RainbowPixie
08-01-2006, 09:29 PM
haha i love you, christina.

bible black for the win!!!!

RainbowPixie
08-01-2006, 09:33 PM
oh yeah, sorry to double post (ehehehe...hehe...), but you said i should bring pip, just in case, right? i might change into that halfway through the day, or change out of it, or whatever. just let me know the plans. and even suit version pip would be smexeh. XD

it's going to be hard keeping jason still, long enough for group pictures. -_-'

hahahaha

!*Jessi-Chan*!
08-01-2006, 10:29 PM
Pip? *swoons* you MUST!!!!

Draculina
08-01-2006, 11:02 PM
Hee hee, funny you say that: when I talked to my brother (finally) he said Andrew sat down and read the scanlations of the manga in one sitting and is now smitten with Pip and can't wait to cosplay him....
This is what I think: since Die Tod is also doing Bondagecard and the other Rip is tentative, wear Pip during the day and then pass Pip on to Andrew and wear Rip for the pics in the evening so we at least have A Rip...OR we can put together Buenos Aieres Pip for you to wear if I can find my beige suit...will work on it...

Jessi: still on for Schro?

ALSO: If Muse decides to do Heinkel and Megan dosen't make it to AWA, we officially have no Seras. I'm totally floored by this. I talked to Mocha (from PeachState) @ AFO and she said she would think about doing Shadow-Arm Seras if we can construct the arm in time (Liam? Help maybe?), so stay tuned. In the meantime, it's time for serious Seras recruitment.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
08-01-2006, 11:04 PM
I've wanted to do Pip myself. One quick trip to the army store...and i walk out as Pip! haha.

oh, and i REALLY can't find Schro stuff *curse SC!!! it sucks!* i could always try yours and wear it for the shoot if you allow me. I'm staying at the Sheraton, however. (maybe you are too)

Draculina
08-01-2006, 11:06 PM
Yes, of course you can borrow my Schro :) Will need to arrange a meeting place w/ you as I'm pretty sure I'll be driving to AWA each day from Cumming...can't really afford a room as of now...

!*Jessi-Chan*!
08-01-2006, 11:08 PM
i'll be there early friday. It depends on when the shoot is and then we can just meet up like 30 minutes before ^_^ (i hope i don't forget...<---very forgetful)

RainbowPixie
08-01-2006, 11:55 PM
draculina, we need to have a big group discussion (on AIM, maybe?) with me, you, jason and whoever else is possibly getting a room. because my friend that is going up with me and my ride already has a room (lucky bastard), so that would leave me, cera (my ride), jason and whoever else rides up with us. so if you guys wanted to stay in a room with us, we could put enough people in a room so that it would be relatively cheap. personally, i like to go back to my room and rest for a while during the con, so that'd be a MAJOR problem if you had to drive, so either way i think i'll be staying at the con for at least 1 night, just cause i don't wanna cause trouble. and i never sleep, either. hahahaha

but yeah, do you have AIM?

Draculina
08-02-2006, 12:38 AM
Don't have any IMs but if it would be easier to pow-wow that way for everyone, I can always install/sign up for it, right? You can also give me a call if you wanna...I'll be around this week choking up $$$ for car repairs...
Can you possibly give me a cost estimate? I would try the Waverly then the Sheraton. The Sheraton is connected to the con by a walkway that crosses over the street- from what I've been told, it's approx. a 10-15 minute walk. Can anyone else who's stayed @ AWA overnight share more info w/ us on that? I'm basing this on other people's POVs...
Jessi, let me know what's most convenient for you...I'll definitely be there all day Saturday, so I'm happy to meet up w/ you- we'll probably need to do wig/costume adjustments for a few minutes ahead of time...

ALSO: I attended AFO this weekend w/ Rainbow (Jess) and Havoc (Jason)- will post some pics of pre-game AWA Hellsing if someone can tell me how to post pics in this thread like DalaiLiam did a few posts ago...

Farnswoth, I see you perusing this thread...any updates on Megan doing Seras? Let me know how I can help out...

Draculina
08-02-2006, 12:47 AM
Oops, not to double post but...Rainbow, is Ricky doing Young Walter again if he comes? Gonna add him to the roster...I may get Sheldon to do Alhambra or Captain if we have multiple Y.W.'s...

RainbowPixie
08-02-2006, 01:00 AM
Oops, not to double post but...Rainbow, is Ricky doing Young Walter again if he comes? Gonna add him to the roster...I may get Sheldon to do Alhambra or Captain if we have multiple Y.W.'s...

mhm, if he comes, he'll definitely do young walter. i'm not sure yet who's coming, but yeah, if he comes he said he'd definitely do it. XD

and yeah, i'll talk to jason about it. last i checked, they had the bigger rooms available at the waverly, still (they have drops, so i guess we can expect to have an open room every few days. lol). so once i get ahold of him, i'll call you. but if we put...let's see....you, liam, say...2 friends of your's, me, my ride, and jason into a room, it'd be 31 dollars a piece. so that's not bad. not bad at all, i say. i think jason was going to book a room, but i'm not sure. i can't, since i'm er....not 21 yet. eheh...:sulk: sonofabitch

and whatever the room situation, let it be known that i DO NOT mind sleeping on the floor! lol. or sharing a bed with 1 or 2 people. :3~

Draculina
08-02-2006, 01:10 AM
Yep, that's a deal, alright...HOWEVER...can't speak for DalaiLiam...he's, like, 10 minutes away from the con...don't know that he'd be willing to invest $$$ in a room w/ home being so close...*sorry for speaking on your behalf, D.L: feel free to jump in at any time unless you're only visiting this thread to post emo pictures of Jan...J.K. ;)*

BUUUUT: Farnsworth, are you still looking for accomadations? Maybe you two should get in touch...

If I stay w/ you, it would prolly just be Saturday, and I need to conference w/ Jonathan, who's now in bed...I will chat w/ him ASAP and get back you you...

Prof Farnsworth
08-02-2006, 01:11 AM
I doubt Megan will be able to attend AWA because of school. She starts her sophmore year 2 weeks after otakon, and with an engineering major, I doubt she's going to be able to skip the thursday and friday to come with me.

Prof Farnsworth
08-02-2006, 01:38 AM
Draculina, I check the thread to find your post magically appearing before mine lol well It'd be me and Purple Flames, and we'll both be quite financially squeezed after Otakon, so we're ok staying with you at your house. Did I ever reply to your offer btw? if I didn't um...I guess that's what I'm doing now ^_^ We'd be willing to stay at a hotel, but are unsure if we could afford it.

As for this room you guys speak of, I'm confused, who has it? The one with the 15 min walk and above crosswalk is a pain in the ass because of a hill and highway, but it's the only other option in walking distance.

Draculina
08-02-2006, 02:05 AM
I think the room plan is still under discussion and tentative at this point. I will provide some clarification for everyone involved:
The last I heard was that the Waverly (the actual con location) is sold out but that drops are happening and rooms are tentatively opening up. The quads were going @ about $140 a night last I checked (which was in June).
The Sheraton still has rooms but costs more and has the crazy walk across the street. The last time I checked, a 6 person suite at the Sheraton was about $180 a night.
I can accomadate anywhere from 5-8 guests at my house FREE in Cumming, which is about a 30-45 minute commute to the con (long due to traffic delays). So far I TENTITAVELY have Sheldon, Farnsworth, PurpleFlame, *possibly Megan if the school conflict changes*, and MAYBE RainbowPixie, Cera, Ricky and any additional people Rainbow carpools with if they choose NOT to get a room.

So in other words, if all of the aforementioned people decide NOT to stay at the hotel and DO decide to stay w/ me, I have a full house. I can host more if people are willing to bring sleeping bags- I have 3 showers, and plenty of floorspace. The only things I would expect are 1) If we carpool, no matter who drives, everyone should chip in carpool $$$ to the drivers (it will be a minimal amount as the drive is a short distance) and 2) I will plan to cook meals, but I would need minimal re-imbursement for groceries- beleive me, it will be cheaper than buying meals @ the con center.
If the above-mentioned group DOES decide to get a room, I can accomadate more guests at my house. Since I know most of you from this group in RL, I don't see that being a problem.
I MIGHT stay with Rainbow on Saturday @ the hotel if she gets a room, but I will need to talk w/ Puppycard/Jonathan (my brother) as he will be splitting costs w/ me as well as making sure anyone who DOES stay at my house is accounted for. We will need to discuss this further, obviously.

Gawd, I hope that's not super-confusing. If anyone would like to add to/ change the hotel info I've provided, feel free...
Thoughts? Comments?

Draculina
08-02-2006, 02:17 AM
OK, not to double post again, but I forgot to add some new cosplayers (tentative *mostly*) to an UPDATED ROSTER:

The Hellsing Org.
Young Walter ("The Dawn"): Sheldon, DashiKun, Ricky
OVA Seras Victoria: Muse, *Tentative* Megan, *Tentative* Mocha
Pip Bernadette: Andrew, *Tentative* RainbowPixie (possibly as Buenos Aires Pip)

Millenium:
Major Montana Max: Cleaver's brother, Jesse
Rip Van Winkle: Rainbow Pixie, DieTod, Dizzy
Ghoul: *Tentative* Alana and Jesse
Captain: *Tentative* Henry

Heinkel: Muse *Tentative*

Still needed:
Doc
Enrico
Alhambra (The Dandy)
Arthur Hellsing

RainbowPixie
08-02-2006, 02:45 AM
the only problem is that cera is basically really wanting a room at the con or really close, so i'd have to go along with what she wants, due to the fact that i owe her big time. if you and everyone else would rather stay at your place for the con, then by all means, save money! ^.^ but i do owe cera, and i figure i might as well go along with what she wants. and if we bring 2 of cera's friends, as well as ricky and anthony...we can make up for the cost of the hotel. and if the rooms at the waverly are full, then we could just get a room somewhere close. doesn't matter, to me. i have a well paying job, and i'm only taking 1 class this semester, so funds will be ALRIGHT this year. so yeah, i'll call you tomorrow. but i talked to cera, tonight, and she said she wanted a hotel, if possible. i still need to call jason.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
08-02-2006, 05:29 PM
draculina: That's a mighty long list there. *teehee* Is there even a time for the shoot planned yet (it's still kinda "early", but not really since it IS August and the con is next month)

RainbowPixie
08-03-2006, 01:43 AM
draculina, maybe we should make a thread for the bible black thing? ha

"BIBLE BLACK cosplayers, come forth!!!"

bwahahahahaha

Draculina
08-06-2006, 12:18 AM
Ok, finally got my act together today and decided to post some post-AFO pics of some of our group members that will also be cosplaying Hellsing @ AWA:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f20/CoeurDeGlace/AFO1.jpg
*RainbowPixie as Rip, Ricky as Young Walter, me as Schro, and some random Girlycard we picked up*

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f20/CoeurDeGlace/AFO2.jpg
*Random Hellsing cosplayers we bumped into; consequently, they weren't sure who we were supposed to be cosplaying*

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f20/CoeurDeGlace/AFO3.jpg
*RainbowPixie as Pip and me as Integra- this was my favorite pic of the whole weekend- I liked it so much I made it my new MySpace avatar!*

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f20/CoeurDeGlace/AFO4.jpg
*Because we were tired of Hellsing cosplayers not wanting to take pics of us because they didn't know who we were, I made nametags for everyone, including our Jan*

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f20/CoeurDeGlace/AFO5.jpg
*Mocha (AWA Seras) and Hopeless Havoc (AWA Anderson) w/ Tiffi-Chan in Death Note costumes- they were awesome!*

Ok, everyone who went to Otakon needs to post some pics of that Hellsing group as well...hope y'all had tons of fun!!!

RainbowPixie
08-06-2006, 09:43 PM
lol, i love you so much. you got some really cute pictures.

the papers you made us were so great. anthony loved them. that was like...the highlight of his weekend. hahahahaha

Die Tod
08-08-2006, 09:37 PM
Er... Sorry, but I've decided not to go to AWA this year. So um... Cross me off the list under both Bondagecard and Rip.

Draculina
08-08-2006, 09:44 PM
OH NO!!!! DieTod, I'm so sorry to hear that *cries*! We'll miss having you there for sure!
Your Bondagecard costume looks INCREDIBLE, BTW (I saw it on the main page)- really impressive work! I'll be sad to not be able to include it, but, you know, stuff happens, ect, so we all understand ;)
I would love to hear from you, Jeremy and Dre about how Otakon went. Did y'all have fun? I was really sorry I couldn't go but my car repairs wound up costing me a fortune *grimace*...

Prof Farnsworth
08-08-2006, 11:32 PM
Well besides Dre & I missing the photoshoot, me missing Hirano as he walked by me and then missing him for the autographing, our first hotel's bathroom light fixture raining, the people in Vic's room being kinda obnoxious and messing with our stuff, and getting lost for 3 hours and then hitting a guy in an SUV on the way back home (his bumper was merely scuffed of course as it slid over mine and crushed my right headlight, turn signal, and fender)...I had a blast ^_^ *gasp*

Megan enjoyed it, but she was a little dissapointed that she didn't get to go to some of the panels that she wanted to.

I liked this year much better, as I got much more attention as Alucard than last year, as it's completed now. Probably 50-60 pictures taken of me. Although I received slightly less fangirl action at Ota than I did at AWA last year, probably because of the higher percentages of good Alucards there this year. I'm glad that some people at least recognize the amounts of meticulous effort put into my outfit over the past 3 years to make it as accurate as humanly possible. I've remade and upgraded countless parts of it, spent probably around $1,500 dollars on it so far, not including the recent $200 for guns, which I have yet to see in the mail :mad:. And the only bought peice of clothing on it is my old tux shirt.

Now I have to remember to dry clean it so it'll be all nice and clean for AWA. The slacks and waistcoat are from this nice wool suiting I found on sale at Hancock Fabrics and the coat is a bitch to iron (plus, starched, it looks really nice and crisp. It wrinkles less and doesn't shrink).

Dre has reserved a room at the Days Inn across the street already, and Die Tod and Draculina, you're welcome to join us once more. Megan says she doesn't know if she'll be able to go next year, but hey, it's a year off.

RainbowPixie
08-09-2006, 12:03 AM
Dre has reserved a room at the Days Inn across the street already, and Die Tod and Draculina, you're welcome to join us once more. Megan says she doesn't know if she'll be able to go next year, but hey, it's a year off.

ahhhhhh!!! i didn't know there was another hotel that close. T_T i booked at the sheraton, which is, of course....150 a night...? *dies*

my friend did the big spending thing on her Hellsing costume, too. her seras victoria cost her about 1,000 for the cannon, alone, as far as i know. i really wanted her as our seras, this year, but unfortunately she can't make it. :bigcry:

speaking of which, do we have a seras, yet? i know mocha was planning on maybe doing a hellsing cosplay...was it seras? someone should ask her. cause that'd be cool.

Prof Farnsworth
08-09-2006, 12:12 AM
ahhhhhh!!! i didn't know there was another hotel that close. T_T i booked at the sheraton, which is, of course....150 a night...? *dies*

my friend did the big spending thing on her Hellsing costume, too. her seras victoria cost her about 1,000 for the cannon, alone, as far as i know. i really wanted her as our seras, this year, but unfortunately she can't make it. :bigcry:

speaking of which, do we have a seras, yet? i know mocha was planning on maybe doing a hellsing cosplay...was it seras? someone should ask her. cause that'd be cool.

lol No the hotel I'm talking about is for Otakon. No worries, I noticed it was a bit vague.

RainbowPixie
08-09-2006, 12:56 AM
ah, ok...sorry, i'm tired and out of it. ><

HelenaInvictus
08-09-2006, 09:59 AM
Okay, at this point, I am still tentatively looking at coming to AWA, especially if I can force a few friends of mine to attend. MOOhaha.

Has the photoshoot time been decided? I sincerely hope it's not on Sunday, I would be driving to Atlanta ( XD ) and thusly that would not be a fun venture.

Draculina
08-09-2006, 10:16 AM
Ok, I'm here! Responses to above posts:

Mish: Please come, it'd be awesome to have you! We're getting together Saturday night (exact time TBA: it'll probably be one of those all-nighter events since most of the group is "of age"); that seemed to be the only time we could squeeze everyone in b/c so many of us are doing other group cosplays...let us know if you need accomadations for your group and/or PM me if you need any assistance w/ logistics...it's gonna be a tight weekend for most everyone b/c of school, so lemme know what I can help you with...

Rainbow: Oh Seras Victoria, what a quandary she has become. Jeremy, Megan is out for AWA, right? I have no idea about Kayago (D-11 Seras); she mentioned possibly not going to AWA, but untill she posts that herself, I dunno. Muse is possibly doing Heinkel instead. Mocha is interested in Bloody Seras, according to my last message from her. She has to get the uniform commissioned (I'm trying to line a friend up for her), I'm doing all her patches and accoutrements, and *fingers crossed* maybe MAYBE DalaiLiam will have his Jan et. al. done and will be able to collaborate w/ me on the arm (*please???*)...

Farnsworth: So jealous but so glad you had fun! Ironic that we both had car issues pertaining to Ota...and really dissapointed about Cassie not being able to make it to AWA! Does this mean no singing? *pouts*
What's the story w/ AWA? Still wanna stay w/ me? Lemme know ;)

And for everyone:
1) In process of Bible Black recruitment as well...post to new thread if interested
2) I want to clean up our list and get definite commitments from anyone who is 100% sure they will be @ the "Gathering"...I would really like to post a concrete time/place so I can get the word out to Eurobeat, the people on the AWA boards ect...

Purple Flames
08-09-2006, 10:54 AM
Yes yes Otakon was a blast. I gotta get those pics I had taken of my Dark Walter outfit scanned and uploaded. They came out really nice, and I have some nice Photoshop ideas for one of the too, hehe.

RainbowPixie
08-09-2006, 02:49 PM
I want to clean up our list and get definite commitments from anyone who is 100% sure they will be @ the "Gathering"...I would really like to post a concrete time/place so I can get the word out to Eurobeat, the people on the AWA boards ect...

you can be 110 percent sure that you will have me as rip at teh gathering. XD

oooooooh i need to revamp a few things on that costume, btw. should i be serious about making the gun? cause i can have it done on time. i just don't want to bring a massive musket replica (that'll probably take about 20 hours to make, at least) if they are just going to be like "um....no".

AWA's policies are totally understandable, though. i'm just confused on THAT part....no live steel...check....but large musket replica made of real gun parts? eep! dunno how that'd go over with them. :lost: of course the barrel would be plugged with steel and it would be completely unable to fire. but still.

Draculina
08-11-2006, 01:12 AM
Jess, I'll brainstorm on the musket thing. Can anyone give her some advice who knows the weapons policy better than I do?

OK, I'm not gonna be back OL for a bit- trying to finish up my grad school apps before I go back to school, so, much to my chagrin, Hellsing cosplay will be taking the back-seat for a few days...(a bunch of you know how to reach me on myspace anyways)

I'm fixing/rearranging the roster, 'cause we seem to have a bunch of drops, adds, tentatives, switch-arounds, ect. occuring simultaneously. If you see yourself listed as "tentative", I'm just waiting to hear a definite cosplay from you- once I get a "Yes, I'll definitely be cosplaying as...", I'll move you around.

***Definites/Confirmed***
Young Integra: Draculina (may do Girlycard or Schro instead if Serena and Jessi switch cosplays and/or drop)
Girlycard: Serena (may possibly do Heinkel instead if Muse does Seras)
Rip Van Winkle: Rainbow Pixie
Yumie/Yumiko: Liz

***Tentatives***
Knight/OVA Integra: Mish/IWFHellsing
Heinkel or OVA Seras: Muse
Young Walter: Ricky
Ghouls and/or Hellsing Org. Light Infantry: Alana and Jesse
Captain: Henry
Walter: Lander
Buenos Aires Pip: RainbowPixie
Bloody Seras: Mocha/Blikku
Doc: Milo (if he comes- Jess, please plea-bargain w/ him on my behalf!)

Let me know if corrections are needed.

***AS OF NOW, we are meeting SATURDAY NIGHT directly following the costume contest- this would tentatively be around 8:30-9:00 pm. Since our group has shrunk considerably, we will (for now) plan to meet IN THE BIG OPEN AREA IN FRONT OF THE ESCALATORS WHERE THE ARTIST ALLEY IS- NO ONE CAN MISS US! In the event that we need to move, I'll have a Plan B location announced ahead of time...will probably be the bar (*snicker*)***

RainbowPixie
08-11-2006, 01:28 AM
mmkay, if i can get a suit for pip, i'll do that version of him (have the black dress shirt, already). otherwise, it'll probably just be rip van winkle, and i might bring regular pip, since i've only worn it once. >:3 i'll definitely wear rip van for the group photos, though.

i'll talk to milo about that. hahahaha. as far as i know, he isn't cosplaying anything, except for maybe ABA again...? so yeah.

OMFG we have a major montana max!??!?! this excites me greatly. forgive me for being stupid and not noticing earlier. -_-' me no think so good, sometimes.

ricky is definitely still tentative, because he is still unsure if he can make it, though we should have that cleared up by next week. so i'll letcha know as soon as i hear from him.

i'm going to smack some hoes if we don't have a seras. at least ONE seras, man. come on. just OOOONNNNEEEEE. like i said, bring that one police seras, just in case.

Prof Farnsworth
08-11-2006, 02:35 AM
***AS OF NOW, we are meeting SATURDAY NIGHT directly following the costume contest- this would tentatively be around 8:30-9:00 pm. Since our group has shrunk considerably, we will (for now) plan to meet IN THE BIG OPEN AREA IN FRONT OF THE ESCALATORS WHERE THE ARTIST ALLEY IS- NO ONE CAN MISS US! In the event that we need to move, I'll have a Plan B location announced ahead of time...will probably be the bar (*snicker*)***

I say we go for the bar anyway, heh heh. That recessed design is pretty cool. You can smoke in that bar right? Not just the Saddles one? Lookin' forward to this year, I plan on having as much fun and even more than I did last year ^_~

BTW, we might want to plan on some sort of backup in case one of us is too drunk to drive, like a designated driver or a room. :cheers: I will say this though, those drinks are way more expensive than they should be, so I don't plan on ordering but a couple anyway.

HelenaInvictus
08-11-2006, 10:56 AM
Oh GAHD. I just realized one of my best friend's weddings is during AWA so I will not be in attendance here. SEE YOU NEXT YEAR, KIDS!

RainbowPixie
08-11-2006, 02:45 PM
BTW, we might want to plan on some sort of backup in case one of us is too drunk to drive, like a designated driver or a room. :cheers:

i have a fairly large room at the sheraton, across the street, that has plenty of room left. if you guys wanted to stay 1 night, then it'd be pretty cheap. like 20 dollars a person. just let me know. ^_^

RainbowPixie
08-13-2006, 08:18 PM
i asked milo about doc. he said "maybe". XP

lol...milo.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
08-13-2006, 09:46 PM
Draculina: so we should meet BEFORE the costume contest so i can borrow your Schro, correct?

Draculina
08-14-2006, 10:17 PM
Ok, everyone, please don't think I'm a total heffer, but...

I need to take a little respite from planning for AWA for a short while. I've had some personal stuff/personal conflicts, ect. go down in the last few weeks that I need to sort out before I can return to the "fun stuff". But don't worry, I will still head up the group whether I cosplay for AWA or not. At the very least, I'll plan to be there in civies to take pics and organize. So, here's some notes:

Kayago and Mocha: I will contact both of you ASAP about your Seras costumes. Kayago, yours is finished and we need to try it on you. I return to Dahlonega on the 23rd, so I'll make arrangements to meet up w/ you. Mocha, I've lined up a commission for you. I have both of your numbers, so I'll be calling you both very soon.

Farnsworth and Dre: You are both still welcome to stay w/ me. I'm happy to be the DD for the weekend, and I know enough people staying @ the con that we do have a "Plan B"/backup room just in case. Jeremy, you should have my number, so don't hesitate to call me w/ concerns.

Jessi: Yes, we are on for Schro. We'll plan to meet during the day on Saturday so we can try the costume on you.

Mish: Sorry to hear you can't make it, but have a great time @ the wedding! Maybe we can shoot for Ota or MTAC next year...

OK, RainbowPixie, Farnsworth, Jessi and Havoc: You 4 have been the most assertive with helping to plan this event so far, so I'm leaving you in command for the time being. We've already determined a time and a tentative place, so really, there shouldn't be too much to worry about/discuss. Continue to recruit dilligently! I'm depending on you!
When I return, we'll post an offical "meeting notice" for Eurobeat.

Never fear...I shall return!

Prof Farnsworth
08-14-2006, 10:48 PM
Farnsworth and Dre: You are both still welcome to stay w/ me. I'm happy to be the DD for the weekend, and I know enough people staying @ the con that we do have a "Plan B"/backup room just in case. Jeremy, you should have my number, so don't hesitate to call me w/ concerns.

OK, RainbowPixie, Farnsworth, Jessi and Havoc: You 4 have been the most assertive with helping to plan this event so far, so I'm leaving you in command for the time being. We've already determined a time and a tentative place, so really, there shouldn't be too much to worry about/discuss. Continue to recruit dilligently! I'm depending on you!
When I return, we'll post an offical "meeting notice" for Eurobeat.

Never fear...I shall return!

Room: We shall be staying with you Thursday night I know. The other 2 we will likely stay with RainbowPixie and I believe she said you should come too.

In command?

Why...yes. It would...be an, honour to serve.

I'm...not sure, that we could...possibly live up...to our, previous, captain but...I, know, that we....will do our best.

Mr Chekov, lock phasers on target and fire.

Mr. Sulu, ahead...warp factor 5.

Sulu: Oh my...

RainbowPixie
08-15-2006, 01:34 AM
yes. christina should stay saturday night. ahem...for free. because...well...i demand she have a few drinks with me. that's why.

I like your raincoat, bitch. You can't run!

Prof Farnsworth
08-15-2006, 04:24 AM
I like your raincoat, bitch. You can't run!

"I'm the Juggernaut, I'm ready to f*ck! I've been ready to f*ck, my suit's so tight. I don't even need no condom, look at what my outfit's made out of. Yeah, that's right... Look real close. Gaze and be amazed at the size, the sheer stren'th. Oh..."

HopelessHavoc
08-15-2006, 08:04 AM
"I'm gonna kill 'em, I'm gonna rip 'em, and I'm gonna eat his f*ckin' costume!"
XD

I'm trying to get a friend of mine from PersaCon to do Luke Valentine. He was Ukitake from Bleach at PersaCon and would make a perfect Luke. He's going to AWA and said he'll think about cosplaying Luke. I'll keep you updated.
Also, I'll definitely have a friend with me to take picstures ^_^

Just a little more than a month! *happy dance*

!*Jessi-Chan*!
08-15-2006, 11:06 AM
in command? COOL! -evil laughter-

*joins havoc in happy dance!* AWA is closing in on us!

RainbowPixie
08-15-2006, 01:16 PM
What the f-ck is this sh-t!? Ahh, I'm trippin' off acid!

mhm...once she leaves us in control of the thread, look what happens. hahahahahaha

yeah, this con is sneaking up on me, fast. still trying to recruit people. not sure how many adds/drops there's been since the roster was updated, but hopefully not too many on the drop side. ><

oh, and i tried to lure vlad dracula over here. he's got some amazing costumes, and his alucard is pretty sexeh. sooooo hopefully he will join in on it.

HopelessHavoc
08-16-2006, 08:21 AM
"Are you a f*ckin' ass? Don't you know who I am? I'm gonna hit you with your own pimp!"

lol XD Being in charge is fun! haha

I'm trying to get a couple friends in on the Hellsing group goodness. So hopefully we'll have more adds than drops on the updated roster ^_^

Draculina
08-16-2006, 04:02 PM
Just popped my head in to say...

"Yeah, you'd better run, Charles! 'Cause I gots my pimp stick now, bitch!"

...sorry, couldn't resist...

Draculina
08-16-2006, 08:19 PM
Argh, DOUBLE POST!

Ok, I've returned! Personal issue/conflict resolved instantly!!! However, my fabulous cohorts (Rainbow, Farnsworth, Havoc & Jessi) may still continue to hold the reins- I want everyone involved as much as possible...

With that said, we have some housekeeping and planning logistics to discuss:

1) It looks like I've got a swarm of you staying w/ me on Thursday, n'est ce pas? Would you guys like to do an "icebreaker"/ dinner type thing on Thursday night @ my house? I'll make margaritas and something yummy for dinner and we can "meet" and socialize before AWA "officially" starts...

2) OK, we have some gaps to fill:
a) There is a very distict possiblilty we may not have the Valentine Bros. joining us. I may be counting chickens before they hatch, but, being a former Girl Scout, I want to be prepared. Havoc, you said you might have a Luke? We gotta find a Jan. I have the hat, rest of costume will be easy-peasy. Suggestions, anyone?
b) With Jan possibly gone, we also lose a "propsmaster". Said propsmaster was supposed to be helping me w/ Seras's arm for Mocha (Bloody Seras). I now take the responsibility on myself to construct it w/ no propmaking experience im 1 month and a limited budget. Does anyone have ANY thoughts on this? I'm thinking foamcore or that really lightweight wood you use to make theatre scenery with? ANY suggestions? Farnsworth, do you still have Megan's blueprints handy?
c) Continuing to cut losses...with Jan/Propsmaster gone, I also lose a boy for Bible Black. I realize this isn't the Bible Black thread, but since we're all friends here, Jess and I NEED a Minase/Hot Schoolboy. Our friend Scott (original Minase) is tentative. Here's good incentives: all you need to bring are black slacks (I have the shirt/tie), AND you get to pose with Jess and I in our super-foxy, scanty, publicly-appealing Bible Black cosplay. Who wouldn't want two hot schoolgirls who have been charmed with black magic on their arm all day?

RainbowPixie
08-16-2006, 08:54 PM
no worries about the minase, love. i have a friend coming along that is dying to do minase. so worst comes to worst, we won't have as many boys to lead around on leashes and treat like dogs. *pouts*

also, like i said, ask that one blood seras on here. she has a BADASS arm that she made, but she said it was really heavy. i'd still suggest asking for ideas and tips from her.

and yes, i believe that a "day 0" get together at your house on thursday would be pretty cool. get everything ready and taken care of on time, so we can get there early on friday. i almost want to suggest jager bombs...but that would probably have us wired all night and may result in unwanted headaches and crappy-feeling-ness in the morning...which...doesn't sound fun. especially when the con would just be beginning. hahahahaha

friday and saturday night, however.....:3

Draculina
08-16-2006, 09:07 PM
Oh, don't worry, my love. Following the aftermath of today, I have full intentions of staying completely and utterly bombed for AWA so I won't feel as socially awkward. Truth be told, you guys are the only thing keeping me motivated to go, so it looks like my dear old friend Jagermeister will be my date/escort for the weekend.

WAH HAAAA HAAAA HAAAAAAA. Just kidding...

...or am I?

No, seriously. I still plan to be DD if needed. I'll just do the drinking early in the day ;)

RainbowPixie
08-16-2006, 09:12 PM
or stay at our hotellllll!!!! like i said, you can do it for at least 1 night, for free. i wanna watch out for my girl. XD

i'll be your date for the weekend, ma'am. not like anyone of the opposite sex wants a damn thing to do with me! hahaha

Draculina
08-17-2006, 11:59 PM
Ahhhhh!!! *squeals with utter joy*

The Hellsing Project Forums/Birds of Hermes is back up and running!!!! However...everyone's old acct. info was lost, so you have to re-register...

http://www.thehellsingproject.org/main.html

Draculina
08-19-2006, 03:01 PM
Yayness---I'm double posting again:

Please disregard whatever I posted previously about losing group members, props, ect. I was obviously smoking crack that evening and I owe a very big apology to anyone who was mentioned or involved w/ that post *runs away w/ tail between legs*

HOWEVER, we're still on for margaritas and dinner at my house on "Day 0"--- that part didn't change...

Talk about eating Humble Pie ;P

RainbowPixie
08-21-2006, 04:33 AM
if you need help with any costume stuff, let me know, draculina. i am, for now, bored and have really nothing costume related to do (minus slightly tailoring my rip van costume, again).

You can't harm me, mon ami, motherf*ckin' Harlem Globetrotter up in this bitch.

RainbowPixie
08-23-2006, 07:32 PM
ahem. not JUST bumping the thread, here....<.<......>.>....hehe

so i am supposed to bring BDU pip for andrew, correct? i'm going to "spiff" it up a bit, beforehand, so it won't look so last minute. part of it WAS done in the hotel the night before, afterall. -_- the hat fits me snugly with a wig, so i doubt it would fit a full grown man's head. so that might have to be taken care of. but those hats can be found, dyed and altered easily enough. i will bring everything but the hat, wig (since he has hair for it), and boots (since his feet are almost definitely bigger than mine...i have "midget" feet).

i've revamped rip van winkle. tailored the suit so i look more scrawny, fixed the wig a bit, cleaned the damn gloves (urggghhh...dirty gloves!), got a new undershirt...all that jazz. and she's ready to go. as for suit pip, i'd still love to do that if the suit can be found, since vlad dracula does a very sexy suit alucard. all sorts of hot, right there. >:3

aaaaand i'm done blabbering.

MON AMIIIIII!!!!!!!

Draculina
08-24-2006, 04:17 PM
Ok, Hellsingers...

1) I have no internet access (temporarily); by the grace of the Fates, I was able to "sneak" on cosplay.com & myspace @ school (even though I'm "not supposed to be able to" from campus). Sooo...I will not be on for a bit.
2) With Dragoncon right around the corner and everyone with their heads up thier asses over the whole affair, we will *temporarily* suspend planning for AWA until everyone's gotten the f*cking Star Wars and Firefly jollies out of their systems (heh heh- can ya tell I'm a little bitter about not going myself?).

We will resume planning our devious hijinks after Labor Day!!!

HopelessHavoc
08-30-2006, 09:25 PM
I just read the 8th Hellsing book and downloaded the 2nd Hellsing OVA
I'm in Hellsing overdrive right now! AWA needs to hurry up and get here so I can cosplay Anderson XD

RainbowPixie
08-30-2006, 09:53 PM
I just read the 8th Hellsing book and downloaded the 2nd Hellsing OVA
I'm in Hellsing overdrive right now! AWA needs to hurry up and get here so I can cosplay Anderson XD

i'm still totally going with you to watch you get your hair bleached. XD

Prof Farnsworth
08-30-2006, 10:27 PM
Volume 8 is out? Awesome! As soon as I can drive I'll pick it up.

I bought a car, a lovely 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP (supercharged, fully-loaded coupe with 240hp & 280ftlb's of torque) and within 3 hours I had a wreck. Stupid hydroplaning :bigcry:

Hopefully I can have it fixed in 2 weeks, but the insurance company are cheap bastards and I don't trust them one damned bit. They don't want to pay for geniume GM parts. I could sue them, of course, but that would make a lot more hassle for myself. Good thing my body guy is a family aquaintance. At least I know he isn't ripping me off.

HopelessHavoc
08-30-2006, 10:49 PM
Volume 8 is out? Awesome! As soon as I can drive I'll pick it up.

Well it's out in Japan ^^; I have no clue when it's going to come out here. They've been taking their sweet time with it tho :shakes fist:
But even tho it wasn't in English, the pictures said plenty!
Sorry to hear about your car man. You're still comin to AWA tho right?

RainbowPixie
08-30-2006, 10:49 PM
screw getting it fixed. throw bricks at it and take out the windshield with an axe. that'll teach it to NEVER get in another wreck, again. vehicle abuse, my friend. it works.

<.<.....>.>.....

think you'll still make it to AWA?

and jason....

STOP IT!!!! HEY!!! STOP!!! ::bangs on glass::. STOP. NO!!!!

Purple Flames
08-30-2006, 10:58 PM
Well it's out in Japan ^^; I have no clue when it's going to come out here. They've been taking their sweet time with it tho :shakes fist:
But even tho it wasn't in English, the pictures said plenty!

Aww still not out in the US yet? What the hell is taking so long?

And yes AWA needs to hurry up and get here, but not too fast because I still have a costume to finish up.

Prof Farnsworth
08-30-2006, 11:24 PM

screw getting it fixed. throw bricks at it and take out the windshield with an axe. that'll teach it to NEVER get in another wreck, again. vehicle abuse, my friend. it works.

<.<.....>.>.....

think you'll still make it to AWA?

Yeah, as long as the insurance company doesn't welch out on what they owe me, Reece (body repair guy) can start on it next week. He said it'd take about 2 weeks, so I'm sure it'll be done by AWA...I hope.

Draculina
09-01-2006, 05:03 PM
farnsworth, you'd better come to this damn thing or i'll throw glassware at you. and have a temper tantrum. and pout. and do all sorts of other unladylike things.

wah. i'm sitting in my dad's kitchen in new jersey thinking about all the sewing i should be doing in georgia. and pouting 'cause i'm not at dragoncon.

RainbowPixie
09-01-2006, 07:47 PM
christina, let me know if you need help with anything, k?

Draculina
09-02-2006, 02:57 PM
Yeah, so the weather in NJ is total shite and I had to postpone my trip to NYC till tomorrow, so I'm sitting on my laurels in my stepmom's kitchen with very little to do. Figured I'd visit and send updates...I'm thinking about adding a captain's hat and a blazer to my young Inty outfit so I can do the "Nazitegra" costume from (I think) Lemonbomb, but I dunno...I may wind up cosplaying as whatever characters we're lacking.

And just to cross-check w/ y'all...I'm providing the costumes for:
-Kayago (D-11 Seras)
-Mocha (Bloody Seras)
-Serena (Girlycard)
-Jessi (Schro)
-Andrew (Pip)
-Rainbow (Buenos Aires Pip)
-Forrest (Captain)
What I'd really like to do is arrange an opportunity to distribute these costumes out to everyone ahead of time so that I don't have to lug them around and/or make a bunch of trips to my car on Saturday. Is that feasable for everyone?

*NEW ROSTER*

***Definites/Confirmed***

Young Integra/Nazitegra: Draculina
Alucard: ChrnoTheSinner, Farnsworth, ForgottenWoods, Ningyou's friend, VladDracula
Girlycard: Serena (may possibly do Heinkel instead if Muse does Seras)

***Tentatives (until I hear otherwise from you)***Heinkel or OVA Seras: Muse
Museum Integra and/or Bloody Seras: Morluna
Ghouls and/or Hellsing Org. Light Infantry: Alana and Jesse
Captain: my friend Forrest
Walter: Lander
Buenos Aires Pip: RainbowPixie
Doc: Milo (if he comes- Jess, please plea-bargain w/ him on my behalf!)
Luke Valentine: Connor; Havoc's friend

And now that I'm starting to get into competitive cosplay mode... this group better kick some *serious* ass. I mean, like, top-quality cosplay, or I will beat everyone senseless with my Sigma Omega Alpha paddle. And we WILL have fun, or ELSE. One of my top priorities is to make the fools who withdrew/are withdrawing from the group to do "cool cosplays" (no groups mentioned here) really really sorry that they didn't stick around *evil laugh*.I know we've already got some very polished costumes and some excellent competitors among us, so everyone get motivated!!!

RainbowPixie
09-02-2006, 09:25 PM
i think milo is too lame to cosplay doc. i realized...that he really only cosplays women. o_o i will try to talk to him about it, though.

SCREW YOU, MILO! <3

let's see...wait, you're not buying a new costume for andrew, right? i'll be bringing pip for him. all he needs is the hat and boots. :3

don't get too stressed over this, sweetie. let's have fun with it. even though that sounds impossible with the ammount of stuff to get done, that's why we're doing this, right? for fun? XD

like i said...night before the con...small things can be done then, when i get up there. <33333

i've decided that there will be no more drops, or else there will be people getting slapped with dead fish. that's not fun sounding, is it? >:O DON'T TEST MY PATIENCE, KIDS.

Prof Farnsworth
09-04-2006, 10:49 PM
i think milo is too lame to cosplay doc. i realized...that he really only cosplays women. o_o i will try to talk to him about it, though.

SCREW YOU, MILO! <3

let's see...wait, you're not buying a new costume for andrew, right? i'll be bringing pip for him. all he needs is the hat and boots. :3

don't get too stressed over this, sweetie. let's have fun with it. even though that sounds impossible with the ammount of stuff to get done, that's why we're doing this, right? for fun? XD

like i said...night before the con...small things can be done then, when i get up there. <33333

i've decided that there will be no more drops, or else there will be people getting slapped with dead fish. that's not fun sounding, is it? >:O DON'T TEST MY PATIENCE, KIDS.

Hear hear! Perhaps one day you'll all be as laid back as me lol

As for the dead fish beatings, be careful, some people might enjoy that. I, personally, like my meat fresh, young, and juicy...medium rare, of course ^_^ :burger:

RainbowPixie
09-04-2006, 10:49 PM
ok...alright...i'll say it....

YES, DRAGON*CON IS FINALLY OVER!!!!! can we focus on AWA, now, plzplzplz?!

*flails*

XD

and...omg...fish beatings might be a no-no for YOU then. <.<....>.>....

Draculina
09-05-2006, 01:10 PM
Ok, I have, like, 30 seconds to post this before I have to go back to lab:

We lost our D-11 Seras and our Pip is now saying he "forgot to request off from work for AWA". I'm *just a little pissed off* about the latter. We're gonna have to shuffle around some people (might be able to get Forrest to do Pip instead of Captain)...

RainbowPixie
09-05-2006, 01:40 PM
:: glares hard at drop-outs ::

maaaaan!! oh well, we can make adjustments. i'll still bring pip, of course. if you got forrest to do pip, instead, it'd illeviate one costume you'd have to make/buy. that's at least something good.

and at least we still have a good number of people for this. as opposed to my group going from like...10 people to 4. gaaaaaah! i seriously wanted to hit some people. lol

Draculina
09-06-2006, 01:36 PM
Yeah, it'll be OK. Definitely bring Pip's wig w/ you- if Forrest does Pip, he has very short hair. Andrew is trying to remedy the situation as we speak. I may shuffle myself around as well if we lose any more "major characters". I dunno. I have Physio lab in ten minutes, so I'll sleep on things and send an update soon...

RainbowPixie
09-06-2006, 03:20 PM
mmkay, i was bringing it for the suit version pip, anyway. i guess if you could get forrest to do pip for part of the day, i could still do my pip for a few hours. it doesn't matter, though, whatever works. i'll still definitely be bringing rip, obviously, so if worst comes to worst, and he has to cosplay pip all day i'll just skip the suit version pip, and do rip all day.

so yuss, i'll bring the entire pip costume, minus hat and boots, since those won't fit him. unless he has a woman's sized head and abnormally small feet. hahahahahaha

Draculina
09-07-2006, 12:59 AM
OK, I'm gonna post the *new and improved* roster and then I'm going to bed so I can get up @ 6am for my craptacular Physiology class. And then I'm not touching this list unless we have "adds" *fumes*...
As you can see, we've had some major revisions, some folks stepping up to "take one for the team", and various and sundry...

Integra Hellsing: RingWraith, Ningyou, Morluna
Young Integra/Nazitegra: Draculina
Pip Bernadette: DalaiLiam
Alucard: ChrnoTheSinner, Farnsworth, ForgottenWoods, Ningyou's friend, VladDracula
Girlycard *or* Heinkel: Serena
Heinkel or OVA Seras: Muse
Captain: DalaiLiam's friend
Buenos Aires Pip: RainbowPixie (Saturday morning)
Luke Valentine: Havoc's friend
and...a very tentative Andrew and Forrest on standby to cosplay...whoever :P

RainbowPixie
09-07-2006, 01:13 AM
*breathes a sigh of relief*

well the damage isn't half as severe as i thought it would be. we still have plenty people left, my dear. ^.^

i'm going to try to drag vlad dracula over for some pictures. so...meh...put him down as tentative suit alucard. i don't think he's cosplaying regular alucard.

SO YAY, AN ADD FOR YOU! XD

Draculina
09-09-2006, 11:39 PM
OK...

...who's coming to my house Thursday? I know Jess et al. and Farnsworth are actually staying w/ me that night (right?), but who's coming for dinner/last minute costume touch-ups so I can start planning?

...yay! Only 2 weeks away!!!

RainbowPixie
09-09-2006, 11:51 PM
yuss, staying with you thursday night. and i will definitely help you with costume shtuff.

Prof Farnsworth
09-10-2006, 01:39 PM
OK...

...who's coming to my house Thursday? I know Jess et al. and Farnsworth are actually staying w/ me that night (right?), but who's coming for dinner/last minute costume touch-ups so I can start planning?

...yay! Only 2 weeks away!!!

Yep, we're comin' Thursday. The car's been in the body shop for a week now, so it should only take another week. After that I'm putting 4 new tires on it, changing the oil. Also flushing the radiator & changing the transmission fluid & filter (which should be fun as I've never done those 2 before). Even bought a torque wrench, just for the occasion. So it'll probably be cutting it close, but I should be finished in time.

RainbowPixie
09-10-2006, 06:03 PM
yes. that's right. you GET that car fixed in time. or else....i will....i will....um....be....sad.

:dunce:

Draculina
09-10-2006, 08:43 PM
Yay!!! *cartwheels*

Bring your bathing suits...there's a "swimming hole" next to my house that's oodles of fun and that we can always raid for some "social time" (heh heh)...

...Jess & Farsworth: I know it's a touch early, but contact me when you're ready to plan driving logistics ect. I would say plan to be in the Atlanta area either before 4pm or after 6pm so you can avoid traffic...

RainbowPixie
09-10-2006, 10:34 PM
yeah, i wanted to leave early on thursday. allllsssooooo....

is it ok if danny (gorgeous alucard cosplayer) comes to hang out for a while, thursday, if he feels like it? *pleading puppy eyes*

hahahaha

and no worries about talking of driving plans! planning early...that's my girl. ;) let's see....i'll call you probably in a day or 2, and i will discuss things with cera. i don't think she cares when we leave, she just wants to be there. ha.

a week 1/2 away. wow. O_O craziness.

Draculina
09-13-2006, 06:04 PM
Attention, Hellsing minions!!!!
After much "sage and thoughtful deliberation" w/ Mocha/Havoc/DalaiLiam over birthday dinner, I've decided to re-route us...take note:

We will NOT meet at the escalators directly following the contest. We will meet around 9:30 pm Saturday in the hallway outside of the Dealer's Room. That gives everyone time to switch out costumes (esp. the people in the contest). THEN, we were thinking we could go outdoors for pics---Havoc has suggested we maybe plan a sortie on the bridge connecting the Sheraton/Waverly if it's not closed down for the night. Our group is getting smaller by the minute, so if we have at least the bulk of the main characters, I think it could be fun to run around outside. We're working on communicating this to Eurobeat, and to my understanding, he will probably come (fingers crossed)...

Current Roster:

Integra Hellsing: RingWraith, Morluna
Puppycard: Jonathan/Kiza*
Young Walter: Sheldon
Pip Bernadette: DalaiLiam
Alucard: Farnsworth, ForgottenWoods, VladDracula, EHS Shinigami
Major Montana Max: Cleaver's brother*
Zorin Blitz: Cleaver*
Heinkel or OVA Seras: Muse*
Anime Seras: Vlad's ladyfriend*
The Valentine Bros: Havoc's friends*
(*=tentative)

So, we have the following characters for sure: Inty, Alu, Schro, Seras, Pip, Rip, Walter, Girlycard, Anderson, Yumie, Captain. The entire Hellsing Org., 2 members of Iscariot, and 3 members of Millenium...or... 16 confirmed, 23 total...

RainbowPixie
09-13-2006, 06:38 PM
oh you don't know how livid i will be if they close down the walkway to the sheraton. i will NOT run across 8 lanes of traffic to get to my hotel room, like...5 or 6 times a day. NO. lol

i can't see why they WOULD close that down, though, since the sheraton is one of the main overflow hotels...? that would just be sloppy and rude of them.

Draculina
09-13-2006, 08:24 PM
I dunno how it works exactly...I've heard from some that they close the walkway @ certain times of the day if there's other cons going on (like what happened w/ the lobby @ AFO), but I can't figure out how people would get back to the Sheraton at night if that's the case---stuff continues all night long @ AWA. It may be just a matter of "security checkpoints" for hotel guests or summat. I'm thinking it should be fine; I imagine there would be a set time at night that was announced if the walkway's closed...I can always drive you guys across the street on my way out if that happens.

Prof Farnsworth
09-15-2006, 04:37 PM
Ok, I have to announce that my car will not be fixed in time. The insurance company is dragging their feet and being bastards by not wanting to pay their full share for the repair.

Regardless, I WILL find some way of getting to AWA, no matter what. My Dad says I can borrow my old car from him (I gave it to him when I bought my new one), meaning he'll have to find rides to work Fri-Sun.

If that works out then no problem. If it doesn't, then Purple Flames & I are looking at $120 train tickets (cheaper and faster than the bus) and in need of a ride to and from the station ^_^'

RainbowPixie
09-15-2006, 05:04 PM
Ok, I have to announce that my car will not be fixed in time. The insurance company is dragging their feet and being bastards by not wanting to pay their full share for the repair.

Regardless, I WILL find some way of getting to AWA, no matter what. My Dad says I can borrow my old car from him (I gave it to him when I bought my new one), meaning he'll have to find rides to work Fri-Sun.

If that works out then no problem. If it doesn't, then Purple Flames & I are looking at $120 train tickets (cheaper and faster than the bus) and in need of a ride to and from the station ^_^'

awwww, that's such crap!!

well no matter what, we'll make the con worth your while (sounds.so.wrong). ^.^ and i've found a few more people for the hotel room so it'll be quite cheap.

i'd say borrow your dad's car and make it up to him big time, somehow, once you get back. i've had to do that kind of thing a few times. meh...

<3

Draculina
09-15-2006, 07:07 PM
Farnsworth, we can arrange to pick you up from the train station...if you can tell me where it is? I actually didn't realize we had a train station in Atlanta...

Draculina
09-17-2006, 08:54 PM
Double post again...

...I've just spoken w/ a cosplayer by the name of Alucard Collins (anyone know him?) who will also be attending to take pics *and* "mpegs" (?) for his Hellsing cosplay site...

...so plan to look spiffy, everyone!

HopelessHavoc
09-18-2006, 08:04 AM
I have an 'ADD' for the roster! ^^
My friend, EHS Shinigame, is going to be there as Alucard.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
09-18-2006, 04:37 PM
Draculina: I'll attempt to contact you Saturday and try to get the Schrodinger costume. Or you can contact me. Or maybe i'll run into you, grab you, and say "WHERE'S THE COSTUME BIATCH!?!?!" ok, maybe not the last one. lol! gawd, i'm so excited that i am actually a part of a shoot. that's a first for me.

Draculina
09-18-2006, 10:11 PM
Jessi, should we arrange a meeting place ahead of time? I think we're gonna switch to the Hellsing costumes sometime late afternoon, so we can always rendez-vous @ someone's room (there's several group members staying @ the hotels)---I need to distribute out Seras, Pip, Girlycard and Schro to everyone at some point on Saturday, so it would be cool if we could figure out a way to do that at the same time...

!*Jessi-Chan*!
09-19-2006, 05:49 PM
well. i'm new to AWA so what is best for you? My hotel is a distance from the con hotel so i can always place Schro in my bf's car until i decide to change into it (probably will be early afternoon as well...because i don't feel like showing my stomach all day)

Draculina
09-20-2006, 07:28 PM
OK, minions; this is my last "sign-on" for the week. I'm a *little* overextended for the next 48 hours, so I won't be re-visiting. Anyone who needs to contact me has/knows the appropriate channels (i.e my number or whatever)---otherwise, I should've already touched base w/ you...

So: Saturday night 9:30 in the hallway by the Dealer's Room. Look spiffy and polished so we can get nice pictures or else LT Rip and Officer Schrodinger will make you do motivational physical training :P

Final Roster (I've taken the liberty of removing the poor bastards I never heard back from):

Referee/Integra Hellsing: RingWraith, Morluna
Shortstop/Young Integra: Draculina
1st baseman/Puppycard: Jonathan/Kiza
2nd baseman/Young Walter: Sheldon
Catcher/Pip Bernadette: DalaiLiam
Outfield/Alucard: Farnsworth, ForgottenWoods, VladDracula, EHS Shinigami
Right Center/Girlycard: Serena
3rd Baseman/Rip Van Winkle: Rainbow Pixie
Left Center/Schrodinger: Jessi-Chan
Midfield/Dark!Walter: Purple Flames
Pitcher/Alexander Anderson: HopelessHavoc
In the bullpen/Yumie/Yumiko: Liz
Um(vam)pire/Bloody Seras: Mocha/Blikku
(OK, I ran out of positions)Anime Seras: Vlad's ladyfriend
The Valentine Bros: Havoc's friends

See you jokers there ;)

EHSShiniGami
09-20-2006, 07:44 PM
Ahh! Didn't know cosplay had forums... Lol. It's good to see a large Hellsing group in action, but I have a slight question. Seeing as how vampires of stature require exceptional footwear, and the Englishwomen aren't nominally generous towards their servants, might I be able to aquire some combat footwear from any one in the group. I have boots, but they're not up to par with Hellsing org standards. (Jungle boots, you know--think that's what they're called. Floppy tops.) Anything from a size 12 to 14 I can wear comfortably. If anyone has anything at all, please let me know.

RainbowPixie
09-20-2006, 08:40 PM
ah, i love it when she calls me "LT". :P

waaaait...we have the valentine brothers?! yusssss. awesome.

the roster is looking good. we can always lure hellsing cosplayers over, too. it's easy enough.

Prof Farnsworth
09-20-2006, 09:07 PM
Heading out to Greensboro now. Dre & I plus one other friend will be leaving tomorrow morning around 11. See you all there, WHEEE!!

DalaiLiam
09-21-2006, 07:34 AM
ah, i love it when she calls me "LT". :P

waaaait...we have the valentine brothers?! yusssss. awesome.

the roster is looking good. we can always lure hellsing cosplayers over, too. it's easy enough.

You sure that's not LT for Liam Thomas?

Side note: I initial my paperwok in teh shop. For the longest time my boss thought one of my co-workers, Keith Ledbedder, was a former Military LT due to us working on all the same projects and that he'd been doing all the paperwork.

Draculina
09-24-2006, 08:15 PM
Post Convention Notes:

Holy freaking cow, I could *not* believe how many of us showed up for this thing, and how many *great* pics I got just from Tiffi-Chan so far...I know there's a boatload of reeeeeaally awesome ones on the way from EBK, Liz, DalaiLiam, and the 2 random photographers passing through...

...so...a *very big thank you* to all the cosplayers who showed up, to everyone who took pics, and *especially* to everyone who helped plan...

...it was an awesome time, Hellsingers! Stay tuned for some picture links...

DalaiLiam
09-24-2006, 09:20 PM
I'll post my stuff as soon as I get over con-crud.

It was an awsome photoshoot guys even if it did migrate and seem to go on forever. There were lots of high quality costumes guys, and it was awsome to see it all. :)

RainbowPixie
09-25-2006, 06:02 AM
adrian took some pics of us and they'll be up on summasaultcrew.com. XD

was i the only one immune to the con crud? i'm amazed.

anyway, yeah, i'm definitely stoked how that turned out. aaaaaand i'm going to pass out

HopelessHavoc
09-25-2006, 10:51 AM
Oh.. the Andersons.. oh yeah... we almost forgot the Andersons :walkoff:

DalaiLiam
09-25-2006, 11:02 AM
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v16/Dalai_liam/AWAXII/

Blah they're in there somewhere.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
09-25-2006, 01:36 PM
Draculina: *cries* I so tried to find you, but couldn't. And i had forgotten your number AND where the shoot was located. I hope you guys had fun at the shoot

ChibiChrissi
09-25-2006, 08:48 PM
I was a Girlycard... I had brown hair, my trenchcoat was too short, and I smiled too much. ^^; First convention. I couldn't make it to the photoshoot! TT-TT Nooo! Can anyone send me the pics? My email addy is chibichrissi@hotmail.com

Draculina
09-26-2006, 06:29 PM
*giggles* honey, look a few posts above. you'll see a link to DL's photobucket account....would love to say i'd mail you the piccies, but...ummmm...kinda can't take the time to do that....
...if you'll keep checking back, more people are bound to post links (including myself) by the end of the week...
...sorry you couldn't make it, but hope you had fun ;)

HopelessHavoc
09-26-2006, 07:20 PM
The other Anderson, Komugi, and I pwn you all! XD Section13 4 Life!!

Draculina
09-26-2006, 08:24 PM
That's right, bitches! Iscariot forEVAH!!! They'll beat you with your own pimps!

*dude. now i wish i had cosplayed as heinkel...since she's now made her stellar comeback in chapter 76*

HopelessHavoc
09-28-2006, 01:44 PM
Behold our Hellsing group! http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=859246

DalaiLiam
09-28-2006, 08:57 PM
No, Wild Geese 4-eva. Jeez. We need more mercs.

(Like I said, if you'd paid better and I'd seen Yumi's boobs..... I coulda been Iscariot)

RainbowPixie
09-28-2006, 10:11 PM
we all look like we have downs in that picture. maybe it's all the confused faces. roffl

Draculina
09-28-2006, 10:44 PM
Thanks for posting pics, everyone. Slight delay on mine- camera problems.

Iscariot = mercenaries = hookers who love Jesus
Wild Geese = mercenaries = hookers with AK-47s
Millenium = hookers for the Third Reich

The Hellsing Org = burgesiose pimps ;)

* There. Paid for services rendered. *

RainbowPixie
09-29-2006, 02:28 AM
hookers for the third reich with downs

DalaiLiam
09-29-2006, 08:06 AM
conversations like this only come from Alutards.

Draculina
09-29-2006, 10:04 AM
* Oh SNAP! *

you know i really love you all and i don't think you're dirty hookers (sorta)...*snicker*

*hugs for everyone!!!!*