PDA

View Full Version : AWA Ball Cosplay "Moonlight Over Tokyo"

phantomthief
04-18-2006, 08:25 PM
Is anyone else cosplaying for the ball?
This is my first time for the ball so I figured I might as well cosplay here as well :)

~Ari-chan

WoggyWooWoo
04-18-2006, 09:42 PM
I'll be there!

No idea if I'm cosplaying yet, though. I wanna know what the theme is before I start on anything like that. I was hoping the theme would be announced earlier....

EDIT: Can you tell I just got back from work? I didn't even read the whole thread title XD;
Interesting theme, no idea what I'd do for it, though....

Miako
04-18-2006, 10:51 PM
I MIGHT cosplay for the ball, but, I dunno. I DO know, that if I don't cosplay I will at least be wearing a chinese style dress with abnormally high slits *think Yohko* and probably some sorta wig I can fashion into an anime looking hairstyle. Which... is sorta still cosplaying. :p

Hart
04-18-2006, 11:56 PM
ah...sorry to be clueless here...what is the ball's theme this year? ive never been but im sure it would be fun~

phantomthief
04-19-2006, 12:24 AM
ah...sorry to be clueless here...what is the ball's theme this year? ive never been but im sure it would be fun~

*points to topic title*

Lyuba-chan
04-19-2006, 01:16 AM
I'll be going as Princess Mars from SailorMoon! yay!

livvylove
04-19-2006, 10:33 AM
I'm going :) I am just going to wear one of my prom dresses and get my boyfriend in a Tux

Hart
04-19-2006, 01:41 PM
*points to topic title*
ah...>< *feels stupid* i guess i should really try to pay more attention to these thigns XD thanks phantom ^^;

!*Jessi-Chan*!
04-19-2006, 03:38 PM
i'll probably attend (its my first AWA so i don't know yet) But i won't cosplay. Probably do the same as livvylove...because me and my bf couldn't attend our senior proms together (different schools) and i'll be using this as a prom! YAY

hyperperson
04-19-2006, 06:41 PM
I'll be going more than likely. I'm hoping to wear an original cosplay design. It'll probably be some sort of Jrockish kimono. ^^; I haven't really come up with anything specific yet though.

Toastersix
04-19-2006, 07:15 PM
WHEEEEE I love this theme so much that I do believe I'll be going! I'll, of course, be going as Princess Serenity, since this theme just..REEKS of Sailor Moon-age~!

sweetvenus
04-19-2006, 08:02 PM
I was going to make Celes's opera gown from FFVI but I doubt I'm going to have time. I'll probably just wear a normal dress and plan to do that for next year.

scandia
04-22-2006, 08:42 AM
I think that for this ball I will be wearing civvies. I have cosplayed for previous balls, but for this one I may just re-wear a formal dress I have.

phantomthief
04-22-2006, 11:53 AM
My cousin's either making an Orochimaru-themed kimono from Naruto or a Greed dress to match my dress ^.^

~Ari-chan

Neko-Ryu_Lander
04-24-2006, 09:29 PM
i think ill change things up and go in drag this year i got a nice china dress i could wear.

PinkCow
05-01-2006, 04:08 PM
I'm totally excited about this ball because it's the first time I'll be cosplaying at it. This year my boyfriend and I will be cosplaying formal-attire versions of Usopp and Kaya from One Piece. Can't wait!

PatrickD
05-06-2006, 04:32 AM
On what day/evening does the ball take place? I checked AWA's new web site, but couldn't find any info on it other than the fact it exists.

phantomthief
05-06-2006, 10:42 AM
Friday night I believe :) So it doesn't conflict with Saturday's major events.

~Ari-chan

Aaralyn
05-12-2006, 05:34 AM
Ill be cosplaying as Rinoa for the ball and Ill have someone as Squall with me ^-^

ladysubaru25
05-12-2006, 01:34 PM
This event sounds like fun... I'd really like to go myself, but I currently do not have any cosplay that could be considered "formal" enough for this event. (I take it that women typically wear floor-length gowns, and men wear tuxes. That's pretty much the textbook definition of "formal.")

I doubt any of the costumes I'm bringing would be appropriate-- what do you guys think?

I am doing both a .hack and an FMA photoshoot. While Lady Subaru *is* kind of princess-like, it's not floor-length, and a bare midriff is usually a no-no for formal events. I *could* wear the "dress" version of my FMA uniform, but, again, not floor-length, even though I guess that could be considered formal. (I mean, real people in the military get *married* in their dress uniforms, so what the heck.)

Just checking... I *DO* have four more months to prepare for this, afterall.

WaruiKoohii
05-13-2006, 08:50 PM
I'll certainly be there, although whether or not I'll be cosplaying is up in the air.

Visual_Kei101
05-24-2006, 08:00 PM
I'll be going this year, since my Cosplay will work with the Theme. :D I just won't where my Wings. XD

hyperperson
05-25-2006, 11:43 AM
I'm still not sure what to wear. >.< I'm kinda toying with the idea of having an original Mana cosplay but that depends on my budget and also who I'll be going with needs to be taken into consideration. (it's much more fun if you match your date somewhat)

Bagu
05-25-2006, 12:20 PM
I'm thinking about it. I inquired on the forum if I can cosplay my Joker outfit to the ball (the man is dressed to the 9's after all), but I've heard nothing back from Jason yet if it'll be allowed.

Demon_Slayer69
05-27-2006, 11:21 AM
this is going to be fun im cosplaying as formal namine from kh2 and my bf might do either formal roxas or sora XD

demonic_angel
05-28-2006, 10:26 AM
I am so going to the ball! This will be my first time attending AWA, so I want to go all out! I'm going as Kadaj. My boyfriend is going as Reno. It's going to be interesting seeing Kadaj and Reno dancing. xp

JasonMerrill
05-29-2006, 08:52 PM
Our Ball will be held from 8pm till 12am, Friday September the 22nd 2006. The price is currently $10 and will go up considerably at the door. The event includes a buffet, and there will be a non-alcoholic cash bar. We have a string quartet play live and alternate with recorded anime themes and ballroom favorites.

The dress code is "Black Tie" and formal cosplay is allowed. Tuxedos or dark suits for men, gowns or tea length dresses for the ladies. I don't have any issues with crossplay as long as it is being done seriously.

LadySubaru25: Either would be fine. Last year we had some FMA uniforms (and a wonderful "Formal Ed"), as well as a dress that had the same kind of midriff cutout as Subaru's.

Bagu: I'll say "yes" to the Joker as long as any tricks stay outside the Ball. As I mentioned on our forums, the more formal the look, the better.

For those wondering about what is allowed, I can't do any better at the moment than point you to the pictures from last year's ball: http://davenelson.smugmug.com/gallery/829663

Jason Merrill
Special Events Director
Anime Weekend Atlanta (http://www.awa-con.com)
cosplay@awa-con.com

PatrickD
06-03-2006, 08:26 PM
I'm thinking about it. I inquired on the forum if I can cosplay my Joker outfit to the ball (the man is dressed to the 9's after all), but I've heard nothing back from Jason yet if it'll be allowed.

Joker from Batman or Joker from R.O.D?

Hanabishi
06-03-2006, 08:37 PM
This will be my first AWA, but I would like to go to the ball. Maybe I'll go as Allen Walker; his travelling suit? ^^;; I don't know!

Vessa-Sushi
06-05-2006, 04:15 PM
It says on the website no wings...but are they meaning people with big huge ones, or does it include all wings?

My question deals with wings like those on Subaru from .Hack//Sign. She has little wings.

Not going to be put out if it means all wings, regardless of size.

Any clearup on this would be fantastic :)

~Vessa

DalaiLiam
06-05-2006, 04:17 PM
None of my costumes translate very well to "Formal". :(

Aaralyn
06-06-2006, 02:57 PM
ah I dont know what to do. Im in the process of making a EGL dress but its not really formal..other than that Im clueless.

nikki23nishi
06-07-2006, 06:08 AM
Im wearing my prom dress (It looks like a coctail dress) And my mom is wearing her kimono i think, were siting here talking about it...hehe my mom so cool XD! I thought she wouldnt want to come...but she does! So when your there keep a eye out for a short white lady in a kimono- thats my mom!!!

DalaiLiam
06-07-2006, 08:37 PM
I will be forced to dance with your mother. :p