PDA

View Full Version : Ouran High School Host Club

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Technoir
04-20-2006, 07:22 PM
I'm sure it's a bit early to be asking about this, seeing as the anime only has two episodes out, but it's been picking up popularity lately! I was just curious if anyone plans to cosplay from this -- manga or anime -- and who!

I really want to cosplay both Tamaki and Haruhi, but if I can bully one of my friends to cosplay Haruhi instead, that's even better. XD; One can hope!

Kairi_Heartless
04-20-2006, 07:30 PM
A friend asked me to make a Ouran High School Host Club cosplay together ^o^ I'm thinking of cosplaying either Haruhi or Hunny (he's so cute *__*) and my friend wants to cosplay Tamaki ^^ I really hope we'll be able to make the costumes this summer ^.~

Good luck with getting your friend to cosplay Haruhi ^^ Hope to see pics of you then

Ellome
04-20-2006, 07:47 PM
Ahaha. xD I'm going to be cosplaying from it with some friends at AX this year. It's crazy how much this thing has blown up since the anime started airing. 8D

Chibi-kun
04-20-2006, 08:08 PM
lol, I first saw this manga awhile back and I just noticed that it got turned into an anime XD and I love both the anime and manga and have been talking to my sis about doing a cosplay of it XDD
I think I can talk my brother into doing one with me and being the shorter half of the family end, I get to be Hunny-senpai XDD and yes, we have loads of cakes that my grandma gives us @___@ll

I just dont know if we plan on bringing it to a con XDD but i'd be awesome if we can find a private school of some sorts to do some shots XDDD

Ellome
04-20-2006, 08:09 PM
CAKE. Do it.

And that would be great :D Post them here when/if you do :D

Chibi-kun
04-20-2006, 08:17 PM
lol, I'm currently in the hunt for a short blonde wig to use for Hunny-senpai XD and I have a bunny doll my sister has that we can use for props XDD and next time I go back to the fashion district at LA. I'm stocking up on the blue fabric :3

does anyone have a photo of the crests they have on their jackets? (do they even have one?) XD I dont remember lol ^^;;

Ellome
04-20-2006, 08:27 PM
Awesome :D

I know they sell them at some Kinokuniya, so try checking out the one in Little Tokyo?

Chibi-kun
04-20-2006, 08:31 PM
oh they do?! O_O I was just there last weekend but sadly got distracted by the pretty cure chop sticks XDD
I'll be sure to go back there, I know I'm driving up there in a couple of weeks to buy fabric for my prom dress (damn prom XDD)

domo~

Technoir
04-20-2006, 11:17 PM
Hunny~ XD Glad to see people are cosplaying him, cause he's ADORABLE. (He reminds me of Momiji from Fruits Basket.)

Chibi-kun: If this is what you meant by crests, I have two really good shots of them. :3 Here you go!

If anyone else needs screencaps, let me know and I'll take them for you!

I'm glad to see all of the interest in this. It'll be fun seeing everyone's costumes!

Chibi-kun
04-20-2006, 11:31 PM
Hunny~ XD Glad to see people are cosplaying him, cause he's ADORABLE. (He reminds me of Momiji from Fruits Basket.)

Chibi-kun: If this is what you meant by crests, I have two really good shots of them. :3 Here you go!

If anyone else needs screencaps, let me know and I'll take them for you!

I'm glad to see all of the interest in this. It'll be fun seeing everyone's costumes!

w00t! yes that one!
now if only I can convince my vain little sister to be Tamaki XDDD shes so perfect for that role, too bad she doesnt crossplay >_>

Hanyaan
04-21-2006, 12:06 AM
They...sell Ouran patches?!

Please. Help hook me up with some, Cosplay.com! I love you long time? *puppy-dog eyes* I'd definitely pay for one of those!

(and yah, i'm gonna be tamaki. Or Honey. but prolly tamaki because i love teenage howl aka tamaki so much.)

Chibi-kun
04-21-2006, 01:37 AM
lol, I should stock up on the patches when I go to lil' tokyo then XDD

@Far Cry - do you remember how much were the patches so I know how much money to bring instead of just running to an ATM machine XDD

thanks again

Technoir
04-21-2006, 01:42 AM
Edit: Ah, you mistook me for Ellome? She answered below. ^^;

Hanyaan: Dude, I am sooooooo glad I'm not the only one that has thought that Tamaki = Howl. That makes me happy inside.

Ellome
04-21-2006, 01:45 AM
I've heard they're about $9? I dunno, I'm NorCal =X

Kairi_Heartless
04-21-2006, 06:03 AM

I don't know how much you're interessted in seiyuu, but maybe you want to know that he got the same voice actor as Momiji XD
But that's just what I thought after reading the first Manga ^o^

purplevix
04-21-2006, 08:13 AM
They...sell Ouran patches?!

Please. Help hook me up with some, Cosplay.com! I love you long time? *puppy-dog eyes* I'd definitely pay for one of those!

(and yah, i'm gonna be tamaki. Or Honey. but prolly tamaki because i love teenage howl aka tamaki so much.)

Hanyaan.... XDDD you win for that Howl thing

But if I spot a Tamaki at a con and he doesn't have a gaggle of ladies around him... I will cry. I have enough costumes for this season (maybe for AX? *shrug*) so I won't be doing any. XD

Good luck, all!

inu-chan00
04-21-2006, 05:17 PM
Holy Crappers! Theres alot more Ouran cosplays for AX than I Thought!
.....maybe if this keeps up...there could be a possible gathering at AX 06 XD!

ill also be Going as Tamaki, and a friend of mine will be joining.
Its too cute of a series to ignore!

........... im hopeing theres a big vase that could be used for " cosplay prop" ::cougheps.1coughrefrencecough::

WTF PATCHES? YES PLZKTHNX?

Hanyaan
04-21-2006, 05:26 PM
Hmm...does anybody know of a good online patch making service thing? We could draw up a schematic and say it's for an original costume and then get like a BUNCH made and sell them in a group order! Because online the only thing I found selling ouran badges was a Japanese doujinshi circle selling on Y!J, and even then it was something like 25 bucks a patch without importing costs.

Ellome
04-21-2006, 05:48 PM
Di - let's check Sunday at Cherry Blossom and see if our Kino carries them too :D

purplevix
04-21-2006, 05:56 PM
After a quick Google search, this place has the lowest minimum order. It's just a matter of getting people to agree on a design, and committing to ordering. Otherwise someone will get left with a pile of patches and nothing to do with them.

http://www.stadriemblems.com/

Good luck!

musicalmafia
04-21-2006, 09:53 PM
Augh YES! This series is great, it's definately on my next year cosplay list. :D Most likely I'll be Haruhi, seeing as that we're quite alike. ^_^;; (a.k.a.- if anyone fandubs it, I'd be over Haruhi's voice in about .0000009 seconds.) Even though I like the twins the best.

..Ouran patches?! AWESOME.

Trust-chan
04-22-2006, 12:20 AM
O_O OMG, Ouran has an anime out? T__T wooww ^__^ omg I would love to play Hunny xD but I might be Momiji for AX so look for me!!

natsukoarts
04-22-2006, 01:43 AM
I'd love to do ouran. Not sure what character though - I think the president. Count me in if you are gonna get "patches"

Ellome
04-25-2006, 04:30 AM
purplevix: that's not bad at all! :D

Wow, so the Hostbu group I'm in totally blew up today. xD AX'll be a complete blast. I can't wait. :D I'll be doing Hikaru. How many of you <i>are</i> doing Tamaki? Haha <3

Chibi-kun
04-25-2006, 05:39 PM
lol, I'll so be there looking for you guys at AX for photos XD but I'll feel so left out since I dont want to/cant bring Honny-senpai or Mori-senpai to AX this year XDDD I'm bringing waay too many costumes to wear already lol

Hanyaan
04-25-2006, 05:58 PM
How many of you <i>are</i> doing Tamaki? Haha <3
Far too many, because cosplayers are total drama queens so we all want to cosplay the drama queen. XDDD Tamaki = win. Although I think some Hostbu group should totally bring extra wigs, to turn the endless Tamakis into whatever is needed for a shoot.

Oh, and Kinokuniya SF so totally didn't have the badges. D:

Ellome
04-25-2006, 06:08 PM
LOL XD Yes. Or make one be shirtless and be Haruhi!Tamaki from ep. 3/chapter 4. .. yes.

I know D: I looked too ;_;

(Psst Di, you should be one of the girls for my group >D 'cause.. uh.. ran out of boys. xD;)

Chibi-kun
04-25-2006, 06:17 PM
I'll check the LA Kinokuniya if they have any of the badges next time I go up there :D

Random Karen
04-26-2006, 02:03 AM
Oh oh oh! If people are going to get patches, I so want in on that! When I have time, after my current project, I'd love to pull together a Host Club cosplay (I could possibly pull off a Haruhi, I have a Tamaki-like wig, or one of the twins would be fun).

Ellome
04-26-2006, 02:04 AM
Awesome, I hope you do it someday, Karen :D

Oooh~ I see W. Juliet cosplay in your possible future! *thumbs up!*

Genesis_13
04-26-2006, 11:44 AM
Dude, if I can, I definitely want to. I have a ton lined up right now, but I've been getting into Host Club lately too...I wish I had a twin so I could cosplay the brothers >.<

Technoir
04-26-2006, 06:30 PM
Oh man, if you guys do get the badges, either from the store you're looking at or custom made, you can count me in for a few of them. <333

Shizuka_Isuzu
04-26-2006, 06:52 PM
Im going to cosplay as haruhi! ^ ^ just for a private photo shoot. I might wear it to sakura con 07 though. Whee! ( I can make patches, but I just paint them..)

emielli
04-26-2006, 08:16 PM
I would love to run into a Ouran cosplayer! I love the manga, it's so funny! I remember when I first saw a glimpse of it in a copy of a japanese "phonebook" at least two years ago, it took me forever to find who those guys were.

Random Karen
04-27-2006, 01:53 AM
Awesome, I hope you do it someday, Karen :D

Oooh~ I see W. Juliet cosplay in your possible future! *thumbs up!*
Who DOESN'T want to wear a lavender coat? :toothy: If I do do it, I'll probably get it done over the summer (as, of course, summer is the best time to make a suit jacket... *rolls eyes*).

W Juliet, oh yeah! More people who have heard of it! You're one of my new favorite people! :)

Ellome
04-27-2006, 02:04 AM
Haha~ aren't they light blue? (Iunno, all my lavender cosplay are really gay xD;;)

Yey! I'm tentatively planning Makoto...... someeeeetime in the future. Yepppp. Doesn't help that I have his hair *now* though xD; (Nekozawa too. >_> Blahblahblah xD;)

^_^

Random Karen
04-27-2006, 06:42 PM
Hmm.. I guess it depends on your reference image. I've seen a more light blue and I've seen a lavender. Their ties are purple and black though.

Actually... after looking at images, I see a cream/tan colored jacket as well. Maybe they change for the seasons? *shrugs*

Yay Mako! We'll have to find each other some where some time in the future and take pictures. ^_^

Shinigami_Mimi
04-30-2006, 11:46 AM
Kya <333 X3 It's good to see how popular it's becoming. I'm surprised it wasn't popular when it first came out. ;_____; Does it really take anime to make it known? I love Host Club manga, anime, drama cd, whatever. It's too darn cute. X3

I plan on starting Haruhi this fall. Her school uniform and possibly one of her Host Club outfits. Which one don't know. She has so many. XD I wish everyone good luckies on theirs <3333333333333

Patches? O___o I wouldn't be surprised. They sell Bun-Bun and Nekozawa online. Ha ha XD Cuteness. I know one cosplayer here had the patch.

Captin Kyo
05-04-2006, 10:08 PM
If i had a twin i would so cosplay Hikaru. But i really want to cosplay Haru~

Milai Sapphire
05-04-2006, 11:09 PM
Waii~ Yay! Ouran cosplay!!~ Have none lined up though, but I sincerely love this series to death. <3 Maybe one day I might do Haruhi, but I don't know if I'm Haruhi material...could try for it. :P

Chibi-kun
05-04-2006, 11:11 PM
Strangely enough, I've been highly tempted to turn the hords of yellow fabric I have sitting under my desk into a female Ouran High uni XDD but I would much prefer to crossplay lol.

Raver-Sakura
05-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Hahahaha Ive seen the series recently and fell in love with it!
I want to cosplay either
Tamaki
Haruhi
That female manager
or one of the Twins! :D

I am tempted to do Haruhi alot since I have a friend who looks alot like one of the twins! XD

I also like the female manager (appears in ep4) since she acts alot like me on energy drinks and lots and lots of cream soda. XDD

Kimmy
05-07-2006, 10:52 AM
As soon as I'm finished with the costumes I'm working on, I definitely want to cosplay someone from Host Club! I'm not sure who I'd do yet...It'll probably be either Kyouya or Hunny. ^^

natsukoarts
05-07-2006, 04:14 PM
tamaki SUOH,
lets me bring out my inner snob, which i dont get to do much!
just need to finish making the patch and the tie

Milai Sapphire
05-08-2006, 09:58 PM
tamaki SUOH,
lets me bring out my inner snob, which i dont get to do much!
just need to finish making the patch and the tie

Don't forget the constant sulking in the corner. <3 Hehe turns out my friend wants me to help her pattern out the Ouran outfit for Fanime this year...might end up making one of these a lot earlier than expected ^^;;; Where to start XD

Chibi-kun
05-08-2006, 10:08 PM
lol, I just figured I'd just go ahead and dig around for patterns at Joans for a blazer pattern and work from there XD

liddo-chan
05-09-2006, 12:42 AM
I'm planning Haruhi for AX. I'd love to do it for Fanime, but like everyone else, I'm lacking in the patch-area ;)

dollssoulkirie
05-09-2006, 09:23 PM
I'm planning on a Ouran cosplay in the future. I might do one for my home convention with my friends this year. I really like Renge ('the female manager'/otaku girl) and I'd like to do one of host club members, but not sure which yet. lol, my favorite characters are the twins. And I love Mori bunchies.

Seeing people cosplaying as the White Lily Club members would be funny, especially with the Ouran Koukou Host Club. Or even the Alice in Wonderland chapter from the manga. *giggles*

A good page to visit for screenshots (the screenshots are all zipped though) is: For Richer or Poorer (http://ouran.krysyuy.net/ouran.html).

Captin Kyo
05-09-2006, 09:35 PM
lmao. Aside from Haruhi (i said that already xD), id like to cosplay Nekozawa and/or Hikaru XD

dollssoulkirie
05-09-2006, 09:43 PM
lmao. Aside from Haruhi (i said that already xD), id like to cosplay Nekozawa and/or Hikaru XD

Doing Nekozawa would be a hoot. You could sneak up on people with Bereznoff and talking about black mage and voodoo would be fun. That'll be perfect for Halloween too. lol

HybridTwist
05-09-2006, 11:12 PM
Well, thanks to a friend, I'm watching this anime too, lol. And I think I've decided that I want to cosplay as Takashi Morinozuka. However, there's no way I can get it finished before AX though (gotta a masq. costume to work on).

....unless someone (looking towards someone in particular in this thread, name starts with a "Z") wants to make me one. ;)

Otherwise, I think I might do this for Ani-Magic or ALA next year.

Random Karen
05-10-2006, 03:33 AM
Mori! Yay! And a Nekozawa must have his voodoo dolls... *laughs evily* I can picture it already!

Has anyone located any patches yet? I think my Haruhi is a go, but I want to see if I can get a really nice patch for the jacket. And do we have a consensus as to what color the jackets are?

Side note: At ACen this past weekend I managed to find a Host Club pencil board so the merchandise is slowly getting out to us! A friend of mine also located an artist on artist alley that had Host Club stuff she made (a playing card of the King of Hearts with Tamaki, as well as magnets that say "My Host for today is ... <insert name here>").

dollssoulkirie
05-10-2006, 10:59 AM
Mori! Yay! And a Nekozawa must have his voodoo dolls... *laughs evily* I can picture it already!

Has anyone located any patches yet? I think my Haruhi is a go, but I want to see if I can get a really nice patch for the jacket. And do we have a consensus as to what color the jackets are?

Here's some screenshot attachments from the first episode of the anime. The first two are the male's school uniforms, while the last two are the female's uniform.

Raver-Sakura
05-10-2006, 01:10 PM
Yay for Renge! :D
Im hoping to find a pattern though for the uniform! X.X

Chibi-kun
05-10-2006, 05:56 PM
Doh! I'm finally going to drive back to LA on the 20th (hopefully) if I ask kindly, I'm sure my friends wont mind dropping by little tokyo and maybe just maybe then, I can scavenge the entire place in search of the damn patches XDDD;; (and also for some super last minute prom dress shopping lol)

kimuhalu
05-10-2006, 07:37 PM
Just a suggestion for the patch. At ACen last weekend, I saw an Ouran cosplayer, either Kaoru or Hikaru. The patch looked like different colored poster board pieced together, and it looked really nice. :)

wilsonx81
05-11-2006, 02:59 PM
I'd totally love doing Ouran cosplay at AX, my first idea was buying a jacket and dyeing a light blue (this since I have no idea how to sew ^^u), I started doing the Ouran logo on Corel, I'll post it here once I finish it ^^

Luna
05-12-2006, 07:40 PM
Did anyone notice that Anime Ouran patches are completely different then the ones they sell online???
In anime they are orange with letters OR. Doesn't look too hard to make.

natsukoarts
05-12-2006, 08:38 PM
the ones i've seen are black and white, but the anime definitely looks like orange - agree...

i'm gonna be cheap and just do it in b&w to have it ready in like 10 days for AB, then embroider it for real later....

Luna
05-13-2006, 02:27 AM
i'm gonna be cheap and just do it in b&w to have it ready in like 10 days for AB, then embroider it for real later....

You have access to embroidery machine???? That stuff is expensive! My friend and I were gonna do iron ons.

I saw your Tamaki cosplay, by the way - HOT!!!!
I'll be doing Tamaki too - he's insane (totally my type :rockon: )

Chibi-kun
05-13-2006, 04:00 AM
I'm seriously about to hand embroider my patch if I cant find the damn things when I go up to LA XDDD;;

natsukoarts
05-13-2006, 04:27 AM
sorry for the double post - text below

natsukoarts
05-13-2006, 04:30 AM
no. i wish i had access to an embroidery machine. i did it today in like 4-6hrs by hand, using regular size yellow and white heavy duty thread - very painstaking

it's not great but it'll do for AB, cause I have to finish another costume...

tahiti
05-13-2006, 04:32 AM
I've been watching this anime and I'm just soo tempted to try it XD;;
I'd either do Haruhi, or convince (IE BEG!) my sister to cosplay the twins.
I think it'd be fun to find a Haruhi to harass, then do the whole "Let's-tease-Haruhi-and-piss-off-Tamaki-at-the-same-time!" bit XD!!
Oh, how I love the TWINcest. It amuses me.

Captin Kyo
05-13-2006, 10:39 AM
I really wish i had a twin lolz. Anywho.

Natsukoarts, Thats a really nice job on your patch thinger~ and your Tamaki~

Meiki
05-14-2006, 09:30 PM
Aaaah this is definately my favorite new series. I'm way to girly to pass as most of the characters, but I'm pondering a Hunny cosplay, he looks young enough that I might be able to pull it off!

kalajessta
05-14-2006, 10:53 PM
I have to get my O.H.C outfit this week at Salvation Army. I'm a bit poor right now and that's one of the perfect places to pick up a costume like this xD

Chibiko721
05-15-2006, 09:09 AM
Hey~

I'm doing a Nekosawa costume, I don't need a black wig since my hair is already black. XD;;; but do anyone have a higher resolution of the patch? I just need a good quality pic of it.

natsukoarts
05-15-2006, 09:21 AM
here is a link from someone on cosplay.com. it has an awesome closeup of the Ouran patch (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=662520)...

Chibiko721
05-15-2006, 03:39 PM
Jebes I've finally found the higher pic
http://www.candy-one.com/pics/T0396/T0396_1.jpg

So now....who wants to have this order at that embroidery website?

Chibi-kun
05-15-2006, 06:48 PM
Tomorrow I'm thinking of paying a visit to my local yardage town and spend the gift certificate I got there and I had planned on getting fabric for my Ouran High jacket. Question is, what kind of shade of blue to get @___@ll
I've thought about using the same blue fabric I did for my trial shinsengumi jacket. Or should I go with something lighter? that color looks strange in shade and in the sunlight.

Captin Kyo
05-15-2006, 07:17 PM
I totally want that badge.

evanae
05-17-2006, 02:29 PM
Random Karen ~> I believe the jackets are/look light blue. Not baby blue though. Like light french blue? :x

Man, after reading thru this thread, I wanna do Ouran now! But it'll hafta wait till either next year or just any other con I happen to go to that's after AX.

As much as I'd love to be one of the twins, I think I can only pull off Haruhi or Honey. I could be one of the girls, but being a boy's so much funner. XD

Issu
05-18-2006, 04:21 AM
*is with Evanae* Aa, how i wanna do Ouran now.... but, I think its more just outta the love of the series :3

I don't think I really suit any of the characters anyway~
Though, bah, there's no time or money or room for me with all the other stuff anyway xD

Raver-Sakura
05-18-2006, 12:40 PM
mwahahaha I have to get the jacket and tie and I'll be done with my Haruhi cosplay for Akon 17 >D
Though it also depends if the wig comes in on time..*shakes fist*
I believe the jacket is a french blue.

Since I cant find a patch in time..Im going to put my artistic skills in play and use fabric paints and such to make the patch. Since there is only one...on the front I believe.

I'll post pics after Akon :3

Chibiko721
05-18-2006, 01:26 PM
Bleh, I fail to get it embroided so I'll just use felt.

Once I get my Bereznoff plushie finish and post it here. If all goes well I'll do commission~

Random Karen
05-19-2006, 03:59 AM
Random Karen ~> I believe the jackets are/look light blue. Not baby blue though. Like light french blue? :x

Sweet. Thanks. It's really hard to tell, isn't it? I've seen pictures with all different shades and I couldn't really settle on one. Though french blue sounds all sophisticated so that's probably what a rich school like Ouran would use. *giggles*

Another question. Where is everyone getting their jacket pattern? A friend of mine was looking for one (I think she was searching for a blazer pattern specifically) and I said I'd help with the search. Anyone find anything close?

evanae
05-22-2006, 05:07 PM
*is with Evanae* Aa, how i wanna do Ouran now.... but, I think its more just outta the love of the series :3

I don't think I really suit any of the characters anyway~
Though, bah, there's no time or money or room for me with all the other stuff anyway xD

Haha, yeah I agree. I love this series. I went thru a phase where I was only really watching more serious/less comedic series, like Speed Grapher and Blood+, but THIS this made me laugh so hard. XD

Sweet. Thanks. It's really hard to tell, isn't it? I've seen pictures with all different shades and I couldn't really settle on one. Though french blue sounds all sophisticated so that's probably what a rich school like Ouran would use. *giggles*

Another question. Where is everyone getting their jacket pattern? A friend of mine was looking for one (I think she was searching for a blazer pattern specifically) and I said I'd help with the search. Anyone find anything close?

Yeah it is. =\ I'm sure everyone'll have a different shade of blue once they're all done w/ their costumes, haha. @D@;

ruexbluesummer
05-22-2006, 05:23 PM
This online store sells the Ouran High Patches... they're a bit pricey though. $17 a pop.

http://www.theanimehouse.com/06mar18/ouranwappen.jpg

http://www.theanimehouse.com/06mar18/06mar18.htm

I would love to see a full on Ouran High group!

Chibi-kun
05-22-2006, 06:39 PM
Woah! Iron-on patches XD are loved! saves me so much trouble lol. I might consider getting mine there if I cant find them whenever I plan on driving up to LA again which may seem unlikely due to high gas prices T_T damn san diego.

as for the blazer pattern, I was in a mad rush to get all my stuff since my brother was the impatient one who demanded that I hurry up so I grabbed the closest blazer pattern I could find and its made for a females fit but can be easily easily altered to be more of a guys.

so the pattern I used is the McCall's M4928

vmars
05-23-2006, 10:42 AM
This online store sells the Ouran High Patches... they're a bit pricey though. $17 a pop.

I tried contacting them a while ago about the patches; they don't have them in stock anymore, and don't look to be getting more in anytime soon. :\

Twin Bee
05-23-2006, 02:41 PM
omigod, I LOOOVE this series SOOO much *u*

My twin sister and I will be actually cosplaying Kaoru and Hikaru for Animenext this year ^^ Getting to cosplay actual twins is always really fun :D Lets see if anyone can actually tell us apart ;D

evanae
05-23-2006, 11:09 PM

MY GOD HONEY'S BUNNY PLUSHIE IS $60! o__o

Chibiko721
05-24-2006, 12:53 PM
MY GOD HONEY'S BUNNY PLUSHIE IS $60! o__o

In Singapore currency~ it's probably worth less in USD

KeitaroKun
05-24-2006, 08:24 PM
I noticed this thread and just had to post my picture...
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g139/keitarokun/IMG_1053.jpg

Feylene
05-25-2006, 05:02 PM
I'm planning on Cosplaying Ouran! I'm thinking either Kyoya or Mori. I love the series and I love the style of the uniforms!

Twin Bee
05-25-2006, 05:09 PM

You both look awesome :D Never would expect guys to cosplay from Ouran XD Though we are getting two of our guy friends to cosplay Mori and Kyouya with us ^^

Random Karen
05-26-2006, 03:20 AM
I see Kyoya and Mori! Very nice! I see you got those patches too (no more in stock now, so sad...)! I think a friend of mine is planning on making ours, unless we can find a better way.

Progress report - managed to find a pattern for a blazer and we're at the looking at fabric stage. Probably get a lot of it and pass it around since there are a bunch of us hoping to make jackets at some point. Actually found a pattern for neckties too, so I'm going to save money and make my own (note: be careful not to burn silk when pressing it, even if it is 100% polyester... not usuable afterwards. *shakes head* Yes I am an idiot).

KeitaroKun
05-26-2006, 12:34 PM
out of curiousity... where are you guys gonna debut your ouran cosplay?

Twin Bee
05-26-2006, 01:12 PM

AnimeNEXT :D With an entire host club ^^

Chibi-kun
05-27-2006, 02:48 AM

I had planned Hunny to be debut at AniMagic since theres no room for me to squeeze an ouran high for AX XDD;;
and sadly, i might go alone, lest i can convince my group to do it with me. Until then. I'm flying solo for AniMagic! XDDD

ShibbyOmittchi
05-27-2006, 08:56 AM
Someday I would like to do a Haruhi cosplay. I can't this year, but I will.

crazymiko
05-27-2006, 11:05 AM
^^ I'd love to do an Ouran cosplay but me and my partner are boked up for the year. I want to do Kyouya or Haruhi since I have no boobs -.-; I don't know who my other half would be though, she is better endowed and shorter than me.

Ooh patches *evil cackle* We just ordered an embroidery machine, as soon as I figure that thing out...

Rem Akimichi
05-28-2006, 12:09 AM
Ahhh Ouran is such love. It's my next planned cosplay after AX. I just wish there was more media out for the anime (I know, I know, theres only eight episodes right now, but still!) so I could do better research/accuracy. Guess I'll use the manga for what is left out of the anime.

Random Karen
05-28-2006, 01:14 AM
I'm aiming to debut my Haruhi at a small convention/expo in Michigan at the end of next month (Jafax). A friend of mine will be Tamaki (if she can get hers done in time too). Otherwise, she and a bunch of my friends will debut at Youmacon in November.

evanae
05-30-2006, 02:13 AM
In Singapore currency~ it's probably worth less in USD

Oh oops, go me for not reading correctly. @D@

Rekka
05-31-2006, 11:02 PM
Yey Ouran! It would be fun to have a cosplay group for it, but the only convention I'm going to soon is KumoriCon in Oregon, and I already have cosplays for that.

I'm gonna have to wait 'til next year's SakuraCon, and by then I'm SURE I'll be interested in other cosplays. D8

Buuut...if I were to cosplay, I'd be Kyoya. I'd grab the hairspray, find some glasses, and be that calculating guy I love so much. 8P

Just be sure to post pics once you get your groups together, guys. Please. That would be awesome. 83

topleka
06-01-2006, 12:42 AM
Haha, I would love to cosplay Kyouya, but I look so much like a girl I'd probably be more likely to pass as Haruhi. XD

Still, a host club group would rock. I would like to see someone cosplay Renge, especially. She's hilarious.

ShibbyOmittchi
06-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Well I lied. I hope to have a Haruhi costume done by AnimeNEXT. I have most of it, just need to do the patch, and tie.

Crazy Neko CJ
06-04-2006, 07:37 PM
I'm short enough for a Haruhi cosplay, or Honey. I think I would prefer to cosplay Haruhi though, 'cause all I would have to do is cut my hair. I'd have to find a jacket the right color, though...XD And search around for like..an iron-on patch...

But I'd LOVE to see people cosplay these characters. I would totally glomp them! Especially if they cosplayed the twins or HONEY! They're my favorites!

Twin Bee
06-04-2006, 07:59 PM
I'm short enough for a Haruhi cosplay, or Honey. I think I would prefer to cosplay Haruhi though, 'cause all I would have to do is cut my hair. I'd have to find a jacket the right color, though...XD And search around for like..an iron-on patch...

But I'd LOVE to see people cosplay these characters. I would totally glomp them! Especially if they cosplayed the twins or HONEY! They're my favorites!

Aww, you'd be such a cute Haruhi ^^ We'll probably be cosplaying the twinnies to Otakon at some point so be sure to give us our due glomps :D <3

procrastinator
06-04-2006, 10:38 PM
Here's some screenshot attachments from the first episode of the anime. The first two are the male's school uniforms, while the last two are the female's uniform.
THANK YOU!!! :)

<- will try Tamaki if she has time :D

Zelos_Wilder
06-05-2006, 02:15 AM
A little over one-month until my con and I can't find anyone to be my Kaoru :/!
SO! PLAN B!
I shall be Hikaru and I will be carrying a 1/2 scale cardboard Kaoru on a popsicle stick...

=_=;

procrastinator
06-05-2006, 04:38 AM
A little over one-month until my con and I can't find anyone to be my Kaoru :/!
SO! PLAN B!
I shall be Hikaru and I will be carrying a 1/2 scale cardboard Kaoru on a popsicle stick...

=_=;
Hahahaha!! That's great. Bigger is better when it comes to props. I'm sure it'll be a hit! (That is... with people who know Host Club XD)

natsukoarts
06-05-2006, 04:52 AM
i did tamaki at Anime Boston for like an hour, everyone thought I was yuki eiri i think.... i heard someone say "look its yuki!" but it was late and i was having serious hair humidity issues....

but the costume is pretty much finished, except for tamaki i'm gonna use thin pants, more uniform like....

Callmemisaki
06-05-2006, 05:20 AM
AM I THE FIRST RENGE COSPLAYER?! ^__________^ (is excited)
The costume'll be appearing at AX 2006...

http://x85.xanga.com/921a06304613357933423/m38831407.jpg
That's me and Mori-sempai...

KeitaroKun
06-05-2006, 05:31 AM

Hey! Thats me!

procrastinator
06-05-2006, 05:32 AM
You two look awesome. Great Renge, love the pose.

Selphie_fairy
06-05-2006, 05:56 AM

If that's in Sinapore dollars, then that makes it about $8 USD, so it's actually not that bad. Honey's bunny plushie costs about $38. Hooray for currency exchange sites on the web!

I'll be cosplaying Haruhi sometime soon. I loves her so. I'm tempted to cosplay Nekozawa just because of Bereznoff XD; I love seeing other Ouran cosplay, so please post pictures when your costumes are done everyone! ^__^

Keitarokun and Callmemisaki- Great job! I love it ^_^

Crazy Neko CJ
06-05-2006, 09:17 AM

I feel afraid..XD Well, that's a good sign then!

Great Renge and Mori costumes!

And I'm not going to Otakon this year..Sorry. T_T Instead I'm going to AnimeExpo, which is CLOSER...But not as fun as traveling across the country. XD

Luna
06-05-2006, 05:28 PM
We cosplayed Ouran at Fanime Con last month.
http://www.usagichan2.com/Fanime2006/images/Fanime2006-756.JPG

And the best pic ever.
http://www.usagichan2.com/Fanime2006/images/Fanime2006-757.JPG

kikumarubeam
06-05-2006, 05:44 PM
And the best pic ever.
http://www.usagichan2.com/Fanime2006/images/Fanime2006-757.JPG

Lol, slighty out of character dont you think XD haha

Luna
06-05-2006, 05:52 PM
Not for Tamaki! XD

Chibi-kun
06-05-2006, 07:06 PM
lol, I just saw eps. 9 today and suddenly stroke the idea of cosplaying as one of the ouran guys in their weird drags XD;;;
I think i'd be more interesting if there was a whole group to do it with lol.

natsukoarts
06-05-2006, 07:27 PM
nice!
crazy - hunny bunny want some chocolate?!

Synthethic_Love
06-06-2006, 10:07 AM
Ah! If only I could meet people in the Illinois area who would want to cosplay this series with me for ACEN. I'd love to do Haruhi and would really love to just form some gathering, because I don't think Haruhi would be recognized all by herself :/

KeitaroKun
06-06-2006, 10:57 AM
Ah! If only I could meet people in the Illinois area who would want to cosplay this series with me for ACEN. I'd love to do Haruhi and would really love to just form some gathering, because I don't think Haruhi would be recognized all by herself :/

If i could I would move to Illinois just to cosplay. But alas... i cannot, I'm broke right now, cosplay is expensive ::sigh::

topleka
06-06-2006, 11:38 AM
lol, I just saw eps. 9 today and suddenly stroke the idea of cosplaying as one of the ouran guys in their weird drags XD;;;
That would be hilarious, but rather expensive. Those outfits were huge. Although, I think they would have looked really nice if they didn't have as much makeup. ^_^;;

Still would anyone recognize it? It's such a short part, it seems it would just look like a bunch of guys in really fancy drag and bad makeup.

Luna
06-06-2006, 11:48 AM
That would be hilarious, but rather expensive. Those outfits were huge. Although, I think they would have looked really nice if they didn't have as much makeup. ^_^;;

Still would anyone recognize it? It's such a short part, it seems it would just look like a bunch of guys in really fancy drag and bad makeup.

What would work is to have a skit with bunch of guys dressed like that, lol. But then again, I don't think too many people are watching it, if the show got licensed - then maybe, but at this point its a great inside joke for the fans of the show.
You are right - the dresses will end up being super expensive, plus all the wigs too. Twins had some crazy hair styles there, lol.

Deathfire
06-06-2006, 12:03 PM
lol bad time to jump in, but at MTAC Prime, we have a Host Club cosplay group coming together! ^_^ We're a bit shaky about it though, b/c we don't know if all of us can come next year, but anyways. I'm gonna be Honey-senpai (omg my height fits, and it's not even funny), and we'll have everyone but a Tamaki and Kyoya...if anyone is going and wants to do a Host Club cosplay, it'd be great to have a Tamaki and Kyoya to join us! ^^'

natsukoarts
06-06-2006, 12:28 PM
maybe i'm an idiot but where is MTAC Prime?

Selphie_fairy
06-06-2006, 10:34 PM

Oh, I would totally do a Honey cosplay in his oh so beautiful hime-desu dress XD The drag Queen makeup makes it all the more fun! It would be awesome to see a group cosplay this, expecially if they were all men *laughs*

Kahlit
06-07-2006, 01:13 AM
maybe i'm an idiot but where is MTAC Prime?

MTAC Prime is the Middle Tennessee Anime Comvention that's usually in Nashville, if I'm not mistaken. ^^

~
I so love this series. It's become one of my favorite anime. I'm planning on cosplaying Haruhi for A-kon 18. ^.^ I just wish I had more people to cosplay with. None of my friends watch it. ;-;

HisuiKirei
06-07-2006, 02:11 PM
NEKOZAWA!!!!!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/HisuiKirei/n.jpg
XD! I love him muchly! I want to play as him!
All i need is a cloak and beruzenoff right? XD

vmars
06-07-2006, 05:35 PM
Those of you who are in an area where they sell the patches, would you be willing to pick up a couple spare to ship to me? My group is short 2, and we've been failing miserably at finding any more. Of course, I can pay all charges (price +S&H)... Getting a little desperate over here. XD

E-mail me at jishukisei (at) gmail (dot) com if you can help out. Thanks!

KeitaroKun
06-07-2006, 07:51 PM
Those of you who are in an area where they sell the patches, would you be willing to pick up a couple spare to ship to me? My group is short 2, and we've been failing miserably at finding any more. Of course, I can pay all charges (price +S&H)... Getting a little desperate over here. XD

E-mail me at jishukisei (at) gmail (dot) com if you can help out. Thanks!

WAH, I'm so sorry, I would help you out but the place where i bought mine sold out a while ago... If I could i would take mine off and give it to you, but that would leave me patchless, and iron on is kinda hard to take off.

Crazy Neko CJ
06-08-2006, 01:08 AM
NEKOZAWA!!!!!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/HisuiKirei/n.jpg
XD! I love him muchly! I want to play as him!
All i need is a cloak and beruzenoff right? XD

OMG. I'd LOVE to cosplay as him too! XD I can make the Beruzenoff and then make someone step on it. XP SO THEY WILL BE CURSED!

Raver-Sakura
06-08-2006, 10:35 AM
hooray! Im nearly done with the Haruhi cosplay! I post pics when I can :D

crazymiko
06-08-2006, 02:50 PM
Does anyone have some good reference pictures of the patches themselves? I wanted to start working on the design so I'd have it ready when the software for my machine comes in. ;.; Then I have to figure out how to use it, never touched an embroidery machine before.

procrastinator
06-08-2006, 09:17 PM
Go back a few pages, there's a photo of the legit badge.

crazymiko
06-09-2006, 12:12 PM
Go back a few pages, there's a photo of the legit badge.

I've been looking at that one but I was hoping there might be some from the manga/anime since there are sometimes small differences even in official merchandise not even taking into account the one in the anime is completely different anyway. Going to probably end up just going off of that though

Riyuki chan
06-13-2006, 05:25 PM
*stares* Wow...when I picked this manga up on a whim at Uwaji a month or so ago I didn't know it would explode into something absolutely insane O.o

At Anime Evolution in Vancouver, Canada this year we will have an Ouran cosplay group including Tamaki, Harui, Hikaru and Kaoru, and Hani. We are trying to talk the staff into letting us open a Host Club for a few hours. If you're going to AE, you should come!

Zelos_Wilder
06-13-2006, 09:56 PM
In case anyone needs a GRAPHIC of the badge...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/Ryou_Bakura/graphic14ka.jpg

crazymiko
06-13-2006, 11:56 PM

I <333 you lots now since I can't draw my way out of a paper bag. I set my friend on the design but if I can digitize this one successfully....did you make this graphic yourself?

Zelos_Wilder
06-14-2006, 12:52 AM
No, actually, in the spam forum that George guy does designs and he did this one for me =]

Random Karen
06-15-2006, 03:52 AM

Sweet! You are awesome for posting that (and on my b-day too, cool)! Now I just need to decide if I want it those colors, or try to use the gold from the anime. Hmm...

KeitaroKun
06-15-2006, 11:14 AM
YOSH!
I was finally able to upload those cosplay pictures I took to my cosplay.com gallery... I hate not having a working computer.

Rekka
06-17-2006, 02:27 PM
YOSH!
I was finally able to upload those cosplay pictures I took to my cosplay.com gallery... I hate not having a working computer.

Very cool pics!:bigtu:

sjbonnar
06-17-2006, 03:14 PM
does anyone have any pictures of the guys in their average clothes like when they visited Haruhi's father. Particularly the twins 'cuz i cant find any.

Twin Bee
06-18-2006, 10:43 PM
We finished our Kaoru and Hikaru costumes for this weekend's AnimeNEXT :D We'll be sure to post more pictures soon of our entire host club very shortly ^^ You can see our Kyouya and Mori in the background there XD
Comments & critiques are very welcome ^^

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=721907

Random Karen
06-19-2006, 03:07 AM
We finished our Kaoru and Hikaru costumes for this weekend's AnimeNEXT :D We'll be sure to post more pictures soon of our entire host club very shortly ^^ You can see our Kyouya and Mori in the background there XD
Comments & critiques are very welcome ^^

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=721907
*glomps you seriously hard* I love you! You two are the best H & K twins I've ever seen. Did you skip the patches then? Ironically, I didn't even notice you didn't have them at first. I'm still trying to decide how I want to do mine, probably felt for now as I'm under a time crunch.

That there green backdrop really pops you all out don't it? lol

Saxinthehall
06-19-2006, 03:15 PM
Yay! Help for Ouran cosplaying! I started watching the series about a month ago and it quickly became a favorite of mine and the anime club I'm in. We're trying to get a cosplay group for Anime USA this fall and the biggest problem we're having is trying to find the patches. So far with the information here it looks like the group just might happen.

*wants to cosplay as Kyoya so bad he's started to make jokes about members of the anime club having photo books.

ShibbyOmittchi
06-19-2006, 04:11 PM
I want to have a group. I cosplay Haruhi, but hey. *shrugs* I have only two more cons to go to this year. Otakon and AWA, so..yeah..

Celeste_Orchid
06-19-2006, 04:36 PM
i found a cute dress as haruhi but its completely white. i have short hair like her when she first joins. i'll be happy to find a tamaki or someone else

crazymiko
06-19-2006, 10:10 PM
^^ I finally got my cosplay partner to watch Ouran and we're going to do Renge and Kyoya sometime next year. I'm currently working on a patch design though it's slow going since the program can't auto punch it. ;.;

erinchan
06-20-2006, 04:05 PM
My friend and I were Takami and Haruhi at AnimeNext this year, where we ran into the big group including the twins and Nekozawa (but only a doll for Hunny):

http://www.erinfinnegan.com/images/AnimeNext_2006/Host_Club/Host_Club.html

So who's playing Hunny at Otakon? I think most of the people pictured above will totally be there.

somatique
06-20-2006, 04:45 PM
My friend and I were Takami and Haruhi at AnimeNext this year...

Yeah yeah!!! Running into a lot of other host club cosplayers (incl. the giant group of awesome host club kids with actual twins playing the twins!) was especially and unexpectedly great. host club convention takeover!

Here are two pictures of Erin and I that I particularly like:
http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=44444&member=43314

As for the jacket pattern, for myself I couldn't find anything that fit very well, so I ended up using a Burda pattern for a boy's jacket (in a size 12). If you're the size of a normal human though, there are a lot of cheaper patterns you could use that are meant for men (but the Burda one is particularly good because it's meant to be kind of a schoolboy type of jacket!). Also if it's a men's pattern and you're a girl, you'll definitely have to modify it, since (as I found out) men have no hips, which results in weirdness with a nonmodified jacket. ^^;

Hope to see lots of host club cosplays at Otakon! ^_^ Le'ts get together and have a photoshoot!

Zoh

ShibbyOmittchi
06-20-2006, 04:51 PM
No one got a picture of me, and I only ran into one tamaki and another Haruhi at Next..so sad..T.T I wish I had run into everyone else.

Twin Bee
06-20-2006, 04:52 PM
My friend and I were Takami and Haruhi at AnimeNext this year, where we ran into the big group including the twins and Nekozawa (but only a doll for Hunny):

So who's playing Hunny at Otakon? I think most of the people pictured above will totally be there.

You and Somatique were so so SO CUTE! :D It was awesome hanging out with you two this weekend ^^ It was fun having another Haruhi for us twinnies to molest ;D

ShibbyOmittchi
06-20-2006, 05:13 PM
You and Somatique were so so SO CUTE! :D It was awesome hanging out with you two this weekend ^^ It was fun having another Haruhi for us twinnies to molest ;D

I saw you guys for a minute as you exited the hotel, but After I changed into my haruhi costume I couldn't find you guys, but from the pictures I have seen, you guys looked great!

Twin Bee
06-20-2006, 11:23 PM
Nyah, just put up another pic in our gallery ^^ This time it's just us :3 I took a quote from episode 3 that I thought worked for the pic X3

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=725162

Comments please ^^ They're all very much appreciated <3

crazymiko
06-21-2006, 11:06 PM
Progress is bittersweet. The aborted first attempt at the patch but enough done to get an idea of how it's going. Also enough to spot the major design flaws. Need denser stitching and to do the outline at the end. You'll have to pretend the lighter yellow is black, I inexplicably decided not to buy any for some reason. -.-;

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/cmiko/OuranPatch.jpg

Zelos_Wilder
06-22-2006, 02:07 AM
omg, I wish I could do that. It look like I'll have to settle with an iron-on patch x_x

vmars
06-24-2006, 04:21 PM
I solved my group's patch woes by going through an errand service to purchase these (the store doesn't ship internationally):

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/ja/search.do?action=itemInfo&viewId=COS-1571

I just got them in the mail yesterday and ironed mine on today--almost there!

aimee
06-24-2006, 04:55 PM
I'm curious, is everyone making their jackets, or has anyone found a place that sells light blue suit jackets?

KeitaroKun
06-24-2006, 04:59 PM
Me and my friend found ours at the now closed Robinsons May, Unfortunatly the tag said $300... pure silk i suppose, But thanks to the closing sale, it was more like $30.

Saxinthehall
06-24-2006, 09:12 PM
If you go to the JC Pennys website you can find some light blue blazers in the mens section. I'm currently asking the people in my club if they want to use those since we seem to also be having some trouble finding coats.

Mens>Dress Apperal>Sportcoats>Bill Blass® Microsueded Sportcoat

Zelos_Wilder
06-24-2006, 10:00 PM
I got my blazer at Value Village xD;

For $9.99
A very high quality one too.

atsumi
06-24-2006, 10:25 PM
I'm wondering if anyone is cosplaying the cast of Ukidoki Memorial (Renge's sim game). XD I'm going to Otakon and I might be going as Miyabi, Kyoya's lookalike.

The thing is.. his blazer color. Is it more white or creamish? The screencap (link below) makes me want to think cream, but I'm not really sure. :x Any opinions?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/0758/Image54.jpg

aimee
06-24-2006, 10:27 PM
I'd say cream... their shirts are white by comparison.

atsumi
06-24-2006, 10:35 PM
I'd say cream... their shirts are white by comparison.

Yeah, that true. :x Thanks~

orionflame
06-25-2006, 05:00 PM
Hello. I'v just recently gotten into this anime and I think its awesome. I already have 11 episodes downloaded ^^. I'm probably going to put together a Tamaki Suoh cosplay. He is just weird and awesome in so many ways.

Zelos_Wilder
06-25-2006, 05:21 PM
My breast bindings are really old and my boobs totally just pop right out of them xD!
I seriously need to buy new ones because my blazer looks tight if I dont bind em >_>

orionflame
06-25-2006, 07:58 PM
So are the ties black and purple or black and dark blue?

natsukoarts
06-25-2006, 08:05 PM
i thought they were black with white...

atsumi
06-25-2006, 08:14 PM
Well, in the anime, it's black with purple.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/0758/Image56.jpg

Zelos_Wilder
06-25-2006, 08:28 PM
They are black with a dark purple stripe :]

orionflame
06-25-2006, 10:13 PM
i thought they were black with white...
In the anime they are like black and purple

ShibbyOmittchi
06-25-2006, 10:47 PM
I made my Tie Black and purple. That's what it looks like to me.

Twin Bee
06-25-2006, 11:57 PM
Okies guys, MASSIVE PICTURE POST from AnimeNEXT is up now at my Livejournal ^^ There's around 30 or so OHSHC pictures, so enjoy :3

http://users.livejournal.com/angelsneverdie_/54693.html?#cutid4

(We're the twinnies in all the pics if you guys didn't know ^^)

Zelos_Wilder
06-26-2006, 12:22 AM
Gawd *____*
I Am So Jealous D:!!!!!!!!!

Chibi Plush Toy
06-26-2006, 01:49 AM
Oookay Akado, your pics rock. I WANNA KIDNAP YOUR KYOUYA!! But seriously y'all are hot! I like! Very much.

Ah yes I also discussed with some of my close friends (GBT and hitori-hoshi) that we should probably do an OHSHC cosplay group next year...and since I don't really wanna cut my hair I'll go as Haruhi...with a "wig."

Anyone have any suggestions for her cute dresses? Something flattering for a short and slightly fluffy person?

Random Karen
06-26-2006, 02:42 AM
Okies guys, MASSIVE PICTURE POST from AnimeNEXT is up now at my Livejournal ^^ There's around 30 or so OHSHC pictures, so enjoy :3

http://users.livejournal.com/angelsneverdie_/54693.html?#cutid4

(We're the twinnies in all the pics if you guys didn't know ^^)
You two are rockin' it hardcore! :rockon: I love it how you all seem to have some set poses and stances down (I've yet to figure mine out). I have to say, my favorite has to be the Haruhi molestation pic - Tamaki's expression is priceless.

My Haruhi is now complete! Pics to be uploaded soon, though I don't have any with just myself in them (or even just a full shot, but oh well). We just did a real quick photoshoot. A friend of mine was my Tamaki-sempai; we just had him coatless most of the time as she hasn't finished her jacket yet. We switched off on the jacket all day. We had commoner food (Bugles), 'cup of ramen' for Tamaki, and I must say I've never been glomped so many times in my life. *sweatdrop* Host Club is way too much fun to cosplay.

natsukoarts
06-26-2006, 02:45 AM
cool -thanks for the clarification - haven't seen the anime, only read the manga.. and only seen a few screenshots of the anime pix...

i'm stickin w/ old-school anime style, cause i'm lazy....
goodluck w/ the anime version, for some reason i can't get with the light blue jacket in the anime....

orionflame
06-26-2006, 08:03 PM
Ok I have some people who possibly want to do a small gathering for Otakon ^^ squee!

atsumi
06-26-2006, 08:11 PM
Ok I have some people who possibly want to do a small gathering for Otakon ^^ squee!

Who's in your group/gathering? XD I had to give up on my Miyabi idea (T_T) and go as regular Kyouya instead. Maybe I could meet up with you guys?

orionflame
06-26-2006, 11:03 PM
Who's in your group/gathering? XD I had to give up on my Miyabi idea (T_T) and go as regular Kyouya instead. Maybe I could meet up with you guys?

I have like 2 other people other than me that are interested. If we got enough people maybe we could even have a tea party like the EGL people do every year ^_^

Saxinthehall
06-27-2006, 12:18 AM
I have like 2 other people other than me that are interested. If we got enough people maybe we could even have a tea party like the EGL people do every year ^_^

If I can get my group together I'm sure we will be in a gathering. If we can all get our uniforms and patches, and rope in the people we've designated Mori and Tamaki, I think we will have a full club. Even a Nekozawa and/or Renge.

atsumi
06-27-2006, 12:24 AM
T-tea party! I loves it very muchly. Only if it's on Saturday though. XD

orionflame
06-27-2006, 01:36 PM
T-tea party! I loves it very muchly. Only if it's on Saturday though. XD

Considering on Saturday the con is in a diferent building, I don't know. We'll see what happens. It would be nice in the Con center due to the outdoor thing they have on the second floor.

ShibbyOmittchi
06-27-2006, 09:33 PM
Tea party at Otakon? I wanna go! o.o

Zelos_Wilder
06-27-2006, 09:43 PM
Why is Otakon so far away from me D: ?!

sassy_lassy
06-28-2006, 02:26 AM
Me and my little sister will be cosplaying Nekozawa and Kirimi at Anime Evolution.

We may also do Honey and Kyoya on the side... just because my sister wants to eat sweets and act annoying -_-'

Oh the things I do.

vmars
06-28-2006, 04:34 PM
I might've missed this earlier on the thread, but what did you guys do about the purple stripe on the tie? I just assumed ribbon and fabric glue would do the trick, but the glue shows through the ribbon and didn't stick either way ("superior formula," riii~iight). Suggestions, etc? My next idea is ribbon/bias tape, but I've never really bothered with the stuff before, so I don't know how well it works.

Also, if anyone's still looking for jackets, I got mine through Chadwicks. This style in New French Blue, but I think someone said they don't have it in stock anymore? Crystal Blue looks like the next best thing:

http://www.chadwicks.com/product.aspx?PfId=48535&DeptId=8209&producttypeid=1&PurchaseType=0

Kas
06-28-2006, 09:25 PM
Also, if anyone's still looking for jackets, I got mine through Chadwicks. This style in New French Blue, but I think someone said they don't have it in stock anymore? Crystal Blue looks like the next best thing:

http://www.chadwicks.com/product.aspx?PfId=48535&DeptId=8209&producttypeid=1&PurchaseType=0

Have you received your jacket yet? I was wondering how close the jacket is to the anime. The size 6 for french blue is sold out but the size 8 is on back order. But I first want to know if it looks good and very close to the anime before I order one.

Thanks!

Random Karen
06-29-2006, 03:06 AM
I might've missed this earlier on the thread, but what did you guys do about the purple stripe on the tie? I just assumed ribbon and fabric glue would do the trick, but the glue shows through the ribbon and didn't stick either way ("superior formula," riii~iight). Suggestions, etc? My next idea is ribbon/bias tape, but I've never really bothered with the stuff before, so I don't know how well it works.
I used ribbon (the color was grape lol) and my new favorite sewing accessory - Heat 'n Bond. It is an iron on adhesive, comes in varying strengths (I used lite for the tie) and widths (I used 5/8") and, most of all, is clear! No sewing required.

I don't have any of my Host Club pictures up yet, but I used Heat 'n Bond for the ribbon trim on my Fai cosplay if you want to see what using it looks like.

atsumi
06-29-2006, 11:10 AM
Oh, Heat 'n Bond sounds like a very good idea. Thank you, Random Karen!

Anything that doesn't involve glue=good idea to me. XD

vmars
06-29-2006, 11:22 AM
Have you received your jacket yet? I was wondering how close the jacket is to the anime. The size 6 for french blue is sold out but the size 8 is on back order. But I first want to know if it looks good and very close to the anime before I order one.

I have! I order mine in New French Blue a while back, and I'm very satisfied with it, especially after shopping around so long. This jacket was also recommended to me by a rather large group of Ouran cosplayers attending AX (I think that's the one) this year, so I think it's safe to say it's accurate. :)

I used ribbon (the color was grape lol) and my new favorite sewing accessory - Heat 'n Bond. It is an iron on adhesive, comes in varying strengths (I used lite for the tie) and widths (I used 5/8") and, most of all, is clear! No sewing required.

Sounds great! I'll definitely look into that. Thanks a lot!

AiyaKasai
06-29-2006, 03:00 PM
I wanna be Haruhi...because I act like her and I think i can pull of a pretty boy-girl look like her. My hair's dye would have to fade though....heh.

Well lets see...I have seen some posts about the Jacket...but does anyone know how much it costs. I need to forcus on one cosplay at a time..so i prob won't do it now...but for when I am her I wanna know how much money I am spending ^__^.

All I would need next is a tie and Tamaki...hahaha. ^__^U

procrastinator
06-29-2006, 09:09 PM
Help!! I don't know if it was mentioned yet or not, but about how big are the patches (those who were able to buy one)? (inches or cm... from the widest part to the longest part.)
I'm about to print mine on transfer paper and don't know how big to make it!!!

Ellome
06-29-2006, 09:22 PM
Mine's 3.8/2.65 :x

An Ouran Anime Expo Host Club formally announces the opening of services starting Sunday, July 2nd at 5pm PST between the Marriott Hotel and the Anaheim Convention Center.

Ladies and young men alike, please stop by to say hello, or to partake in refreshments and services of the members. There shall also be a demonstration of commoner's coffee-making techniques.

[Or just come to take pictures, hang out, and have fun :D Hope to see you wonderful Hostbu fans there!]

xPosted like madness, my apologies.

KillaKahn
06-29-2006, 09:30 PM
I sure love ouran high school host club :3

procrastinator
06-29-2006, 09:33 PM
Thank you for the speedy reply Ellome!!

Ellome
06-29-2006, 09:34 PM
No problem! I'm actually printing an extra badge (we need 7, 4 fit on a page, you get the drift 8D) so you can have that if you want?

& hey, did you still want to play? 8D Ah, AX. Getting MIGHTY close thar!

procrastinator
06-30-2006, 01:43 AM
I knowwww it's so close!! :)
I still have to put my buttons on my blazer and then it's DONE! Oh I'm so excited. Yes! I want to play at AX. XD Want me to bring anything specific? Just PM me... I'm going to bed XD

AiyaKasai
06-30-2006, 10:11 AM
I wanna go to anime expo now...T__T!!! You guys are making fun stuff that I can't do to or participate in. *sadness*

I want photos of everyone in their Ouran host club outfits when they are done =D

crazymiko
06-30-2006, 11:11 PM
>.< This patch will be the death of me. It's distracting me from things I need to do since Ouran won't be until 2007 for me. Here's version 2 fresh off the machine:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/cmiko/patch.jpg

Except I still hate it. However, I have another plan of attack. Back to the drawing board. *sigh*

AiyaKasai
06-30-2006, 11:41 PM
>.< This patch will be the death of me. It's distracting me from things I need to do since Ouran won't be until 2007 for me. Here's version 2 fresh off the machine:

Except I still hate it. However, I have another plan of attack. Back to the drawing board. *sigh*

*gasp* How can you say that? It's beautiful!!!!

Aye sorry guys I am posting too much...hehehehe <.<

MeMyselfandI373
07-01-2006, 03:50 AM
I have a question for you guys-

What wigs do you suggest to use for Tamaki, Kyouya, and Nekozawa?

kaedex
07-01-2006, 12:32 PM

WOW, that really is quite beautiful... Great craftmanship there! :O

Twin Bee
07-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Crazymiko, your patch is BEAUTIFUL!
I want one *_*

Also, put up another pic of your favorite twinnies + our awesome Kyouya in our gallery :3
Comments are amazingly welcome ^^

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=735074

AiyaKasai
07-02-2006, 05:39 PM
Crazymiko, your patch is BEAUTIFUL!
I want one *_*

Also, put up another pic of your favorite twinnies + our awesome Kyouya in our gallery :3
Comments are amazingly welcome ^^

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=735074

A silly question: Are you two acctually twins? Thanks for putting up a photo link...cause I am the photo whore...and love to look at them.

I adore all the cosplayers in the photo....what a wonderful job.

crazymiko
07-02-2006, 05:54 PM
Akado: You guys always look so awesome! I'm jealous ;.; Maybe I'll make patches to sell later but I don't have time since Ouran is only a side project. If I do I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Which brings me to the next point, my prototype is listed on ebay since I wanted to try out selling things there. I've gone and manually touched up parts of the "O" and "R" so it looks a little better.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330003672312

Twin Bee
07-02-2006, 06:01 PM
A silly question: Are you two acctually twins? Thanks for putting up a photo link...cause I am the photo whore...and love to look at them.

I adore all the cosplayers in the photo....what a wonderful job.

Yep, we are ^^ We have around 55 pictures of our whole group, we're just putting a select few up XD

Thank you so much for the lovely compliments :3

Twin Bee
07-02-2006, 06:09 PM
Akado: You guys always look so awesome! I'm jealous ;.; Maybe I'll make patches to sell later but I don't have time since Ouran is only a side project. If I do I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Which brings me to the next point, my prototype is listed on ebay since I wanted to try out selling things there. I've gone and manually touched up parts of the "O" and "R" so it looks a little better.

Thank you so much ^^
Your patch looks so good :D I wantssss~ X3 *grabbyhands*

Kiomi
07-02-2006, 06:33 PM

Will there be more of these sold? T-T. My fsister and my friend Jenni are going as Tamaki and the puppet guy in the dark space. v.v it looks so good.

AiyaKasai
07-02-2006, 06:41 PM
*raises hand as the sister* Yes..you are very talented....If there were to be more...I would defiently pay for it...

orionflame
07-03-2006, 04:41 PM
i need a couple of patches. If anyone has any would you be willing to sell me some?

PepeluTivursky
07-05-2006, 03:26 AM
Hah! Well, cmiko, if you see a question from a tiny.star, that's me! Heh, it's odd that I just finished inquiring about getting patches made and then wandered into this thread!
My friends and I have a group planned for ACen '07. I'm going to be doing Haruhi - she has about the same haircut as I always user to get, afterall.

Zelos_Wilder
07-05-2006, 03:49 AM
But... where's mah Kaoru? D:

http://chinomi.250free.com/Hikaru01cs.png

http://chinomi.250free.com/Hikaru02cs.png

http://chinomi.250free.com/Hikaru03cs.png

GRAWR :E
I embroidered the patch myself... thats why its super crappy D:

Iori E
07-05-2006, 04:09 AM
There were actually two Ouran Host Club gatherings at AX: the big one outside and inside the convention center, and the picnic among the palm trees. Both were loads of fun.
(I was Nekozawa-senpai.)

Big gathering:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=735793

Picnic:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=735854

Me about to die ^^:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=735766

crazymiko
07-05-2006, 10:45 AM
o.o I feel unexpectedly popular. I'll post this here so everyone at the thread can see the answer. Making this patch was a side diversion to help me learn my machine. There are many factors influencing whether I will make more patches such as having two jobs, being behind on cosplay, and producing stuff for AWA's artist alley before I go back to school. I am considering doing a limited run but I would have to finish the computer editing which takes several hours that I don't have. I get to hang around here more because one of my jobs is at an office. If I did produce them for sale, the price would be higher than the $4 I started the bidding at. It is my practice to sell off prototypes cheaper. In conclusion, I am thinking about it but no promises. If I do make them it will be a small amount.

ShibbyOmittchi
07-05-2006, 11:05 AM
I am working on a Army of Beelzenef hand and finger puppets. I am not sure if they are good enough to sell thoug..^^;;

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i110/Ryuichionpixiestickhigh/sewn%20things/evilbeel.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i110/Ryuichionpixiestickhigh/sewn%20things/sadbeel.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i110/Ryuichionpixiestickhigh/sewn%20things/evilbeel2.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i110/Ryuichionpixiestickhigh/sewn%20things/sadbeel2.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i110/Ryuichionpixiestickhigh/sewn%20things/group.jpg

Please tell me what you think?

AiyaKasai
07-05-2006, 02:07 PM
I am working on a Army of Beelzenef hand and finger puppets. I am not sure if they are good enough to sell thoug..^^;;

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i110/Ryuichionpixiestickhigh/sewn%20things/evilbeel.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i110/Ryuichionpixiestickhigh/sewn%20things/sadbeel.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i110/Ryuichionpixiestickhigh/sewn%20things/evilbeel2.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i110/Ryuichionpixiestickhigh/sewn%20things/sadbeel2.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i110/Ryuichionpixiestickhigh/sewn%20things/group.jpg

Please tell me what you think?

CUTE!!! *___*
My friend is being that character..dunno what his name is.

And YAY PICCIES! *looks through photos*

PepeluTivursky
07-05-2006, 02:33 PM
o.o I feel unexpectedly popular. I'll post this here so everyone at the thread can see the answer. Making this patch was a side diversion to help me learn my machine. There are many factors influencing whether I will make more patches such as having two jobs, being behind on cosplay, and producing stuff for AWA's artist alley before I go back to school. I am considering doing a limited run but I would have to finish the computer editing which takes several hours that I don't have. I get to hang around here more because one of my jobs is at an office. If I did produce them for sale, the price would be higher than the $4 I started the bidding at. It is my practice to sell off prototypes cheaper. In conclusion, I am thinking about it but no promises. If I do make them it will be a small amount.

Fah, that's perfectly find, I was just taken aback by how nice they were! :)
If you do decide to make any, definetly let us know! We have this cosplay planned for ACen which isn't till next May so it's not like we're horridly rushed for them XD

Fran-Chan
07-05-2006, 04:00 PM
There's a Ouran patch going for $4 on eBay!
Here (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ouran-High-School-Host-Club-Cosplay-Patch_W0QQitemZ330003672312QQihZ014QQcategoryZ1345 QQssPageNameZWD2VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

PepeluTivursky
07-05-2006, 04:11 PM
There's a Ouran patch going for $4 on eBay!
Here (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ouran-High-School-Host-Club-Cosplay-Patch_W0QQitemZ330003672312QQihZ014QQcategoryZ1345 QQssPageNameZWD2VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Yes, crazymiko is the one that made that patch. Look up a few posts please n_n;;;

Cat-Chans
07-08-2006, 04:22 AM
I read the first volume of the Manga nearly a year ago and put it on the back burner in favor of other series...but I just started watching the anime and it's hillarious. I love it. I'm thinking of trying a Haruhi cosplay, since I alread have a brown wig (and shes a pretty cool cat). I think I'll be making a few good will runs in the next few weeks. If I can find a blazer I'm pretty much set.

Nightengale37
07-08-2006, 05:10 PM
So, on the whole, do you find your light blue jacket somewhere and buy it or just make one?

crazymiko
07-09-2006, 06:46 PM
Well ain't life just funny sometimes? I feel like a dork reappearing this quickly but production for AWA might just be a moot point now. That is not to say that I'm making them at the moment but putting out some feelers while I move some things around to try and swing something on that front. I'm doing detail work on my cosplays so I may have some machine time available.

-How many people seriously would like to buy a patch? I know it's hard without me having set a price yet. I'm still reeling from my ebay auction and I haven't pinned down exactly how much each one costs to make + the time I spend with the machine as it goes. It won't be cheap, but I've been putting a lot of work into these. Post here or PM me. I'll probably do a quantity discount though everything is to be determined.

PepeluTivursky
07-09-2006, 07:17 PM
Well ain't life just funny sometimes? I feel like a dork reappearing this quickly but production for AWA might just be a moot point now. That is not to say that I'm making them at the moment but putting out some feelers while I move some things around to try and swing something on that front. I'm doing detail work on my cosplays so I may have some machine time available.

-How many people seriously would like to buy a patch? I know it's hard without me having set a price yet. I'm still reeling from my ebay auction and I haven't pinned down exactly how much each one costs to make + the time I spend with the machine as it goes. It won't be cheap, but I've been putting a lot of work into these. Post here or PM me. I'll probably do a quantity discount though everything is to be determined.

I would!! I most DEFINETLY would, as well as my 4, maybe 5 friends.
Hey, let me just say that I think you a ton for even considering this. I loved the prototype patch and if I had been doing this cosplay solo, I would have definetly bid on it.

atsumi
07-09-2006, 08:28 PM

You did an amazing job on the prototype! I was going to bid on the patch, but then it became a bit too pricy for my conscience. XD; BUT! If you're really going to produce more, I would definitely buy a patch from you.

Chibi Plush Toy
07-09-2006, 08:58 PM
Yeah I'd like to buy a patch as well! Definitely worth the money ^_^

RedRoses
07-10-2006, 01:38 AM

I'd love one. :D My bro didn't bid on your patch for me >_> (psh I told him to because I wouldnt be near a computer with internet when the auction ended)

I've been stalking this thread just never posted. Hello thread people XD

Cat-Chans
07-10-2006, 01:47 AM
I would seriously consider buying a patch. At this point I'm not 100 percent sure when I'll get this costume done.

Saxinthehall
07-10-2006, 08:33 AM
I would buy a few since I can't seem to find any of the offical ones or a shop that will make them.

Nightengale37
07-10-2006, 09:29 AM
Just to add another number I would buy a patch too!

Shinigamiyoko
07-10-2006, 07:25 PM
I'd definately be interested in buying a patch too! I have to use transfer paper right now, but an actual patch would be evern cooler ^_^

EDIT: And also, does anyone know where to get a relatively cheap (Under $60 or so) Nekozawa styled cloak? I've been looking, and it's ridiculous how badly I've been doing in my search. For the note, there are no Halloween stores near me(I live in the middle of nowhere, I'm going to try and go as Nekozawa so that I can have a Bereznoff puppet to carry around, but if I can't find a cloak, I'll just go as Nekozawa that forgot his cloak or something o_o;;

Anrui Ukimi
07-11-2006, 07:09 PM
CrazyMiko, I'd love to buy the digitized design from you (with the obvious understanding that it would be for personal use only) but as you've worked so hard on it, I won't. :)

What digitizing software are you using? My comrades and I are planning Ouran cosplays for Animagic, and I need to get cracking. ^^; I'm still learning the software, so I have a feeling it's going to take me awhile. ::dies::

And for an opinion question, do you think it would look better sewn on to the jacket as a patch, or embroidered straight on?

Good luck!

~Anrui

AiyaKasai
07-11-2006, 07:33 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-BLACK-TWILL-CAPE-LARP-LOTR-COSTUME-RENAISSANCE_W0QQitemZ190005346501QQihZ009QQcategor yZ48560QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

for whoever wanted the neko cape. I dunno if its expensive or not though.

crazymiko
07-11-2006, 09:00 PM
CrazyMiko, I'd love to buy the digitized design from you (with the obvious understanding that it would be for personal use only) but as you've worked so hard on it, I won't. :)

What digitizing software are you using? My comrades and I are planning Ouran cosplays for Animagic, and I need to get cracking. ^^; I'm still learning the software, so I have a feeling it's going to take me awhile. ::dies::

And for an opinion question, do you think it would look better sewn on to the jacket as a patch, or embroidered straight on?

Good luck!

~Anrui

I'm using PE Design version 6. ^^; This is actually the first thing I've made using it so I don't think the learning curve is very steep. Then again, your software might be different.

I'm planning to embroider straight on because I think that'll look much cleaner. Of course, there is the danger of not getting the positioning right so it'll depend on how good I feel about my understanding of the machine when I get to it. I still have to make my blazer pattern >.>;

Feel free to talk to me about the digitized design. While I don't intend to sell it, I don't mind giving out information on it. Hardly anything about it qualifies as a secert. It's taking me so long because I've been teaching myself the software as I go and experimenting with stitch combinations. I just finished another version this afternoon that I'll probably sew out later tonight. Hopefully this will fix some of the things I didn't like from the last version *crosses fingers*

Tenshi
07-11-2006, 09:19 PM
Hee hee. . .my friends and I are planning a big Ouran group for Anime Vegas. I'm going to be Tamaki :). We're buying our blazers because we don't plan on competing in these costumes.

I'm also one of the crazy types making my own crest instead of buying a patch. I have access to an industrial embroidery machine and digitizing software at work, so I'm giddy to be able to use it on a cosplay project. I'm also embroidering directly on the jackets, because it definitely turns out nicer that way. crazymiko, I use a ruler to make sure garments are lined up properly. Most hoops have both vertical and horizontal guidepoints that work well with a ruler -- as long as your blazer is cut correctly on the grain, it works like a charm!

Oh, and I also want to do the costume Tamaki wears in episode 13. *tries not to spoil those who haven't seen it XD*

Shinigamiyoko
07-11-2006, 09:44 PM
*gives AiyaKasai a big hug*

Yay!!

It's got a hood... *is gleefully in bliss* I'm going to buy it... XD I wonder how long it will take for me to pay mom back for the stuff I bought online...

I've found pretty much everything I need so far... Supposing that Crystal Blue is the next best thing to New French Blue on Chadwick's... They're out of my size T_T;; until July 27, and I'm one of those people that needs to have their project/costume done at least a week or more to leave for errors, which I am bound to make... And, I can't see the darned color swatch of crystal blue, because my internet connection hates me and everything I do.
But still, it should all turn out okay XD;; I hope.

Anrui Ukimi
07-11-2006, 10:25 PM
I'm using PE Design version 6. ^^; This is actually the first thing I've made using it so I don't think the learning curve is very steep. Then again, your software might be different.

I'm planning to embroider straight on because I think that'll look much cleaner. Of course, there is the danger of not getting the positioning right so it'll depend on how good I feel about my understanding of the machine when I get to it. I still have to make my blazer pattern >.>;

Feel free to talk to me about the digitized design. While I don't intend to sell it, I don't mind giving out information on it. Hardly anything about it qualifies as a secert. It's taking me so long because I've been teaching myself the software as I go and experimenting with stitch combinations. I just finished another version this afternoon that I'll probably sew out later tonight. Hopefully this will fix some of the things I didn't like from the last version *crosses fingers*

Ah, I was hoping you were using 3D Professional (Husqvarna Viking.) From the bit I looked up on your software, the digitizing part looks a bit easier on the learning curve on yours. ^^;

I plan to embroider straight on as well, provided I get the design done. :P I was curious what other people thought. :)

I suppose the only design question I really have is what picture are you using as a base? I'm trying to find one that won't take a month of Sundays to finish, but I haven't succeeded yet. ^^;

Thanks a lot for your quick response!

~Anrui

PS: What color do you like as the background? You've used blue, the official is purple, another version has gold, the anime looks gold (but that maybe simply be the simple detailing of it in the show)

AiyaKasai
07-11-2006, 11:57 PM
To Shinigamiyoko: your welcome!

And to crazymiko: So your saying...that you use a program to make the patch(confused)? ?__? *confusion*. Can you tell me how you made the patch? If I knew how I would make it myself....since I feel bad asking you for one =/.

crazymiko
07-12-2006, 09:22 AM
@Aiya: I do use a program but it's for doing designs for an embriodery machine. If you have specific quesions about using it I'm sure one of us crazy "do-it-yourself"-ers can answer.

@Anrui: That program looks interesting, I work part-time at JoAnn's right now so I bug Husqvarna Viking people for advice. For the picture, I'll have to dig up a link for you later but I've ben using a graphic done by George Duel in the Spam board as my base. It requires manual punching but it's much easier going off of his. Earlier in the thread there's a picture of another legit badge that it was based on. I'm considering using that image now that I'm a little better.

I really don't like the gold/orange look for the background especially considering the color of the blazers.I'm not a big fan of orange period after growing up in East TN. Purple would probably look okay but I think the blue just looks better in general. Hrm, it just seems to look more like a crest with the blue. The again, my high school had a boring crest though we never used it much.

AiyaKasai
07-12-2006, 02:02 PM
^ awww...dun think I can do that then. nevermind.

Anrui Ukimi
07-12-2006, 03:07 PM
@Anrui: That program looks interesting, I work part-time at JoAnn's right now so I bug Husqvarna Viking people for advice. For the picture, I'll have to dig up a link for you later but I've ben using a graphic done by George Duel in the Spam board as my base. It requires manual punching but it's much easier going off of his. Earlier in the thread there's a picture of another legit badge that it was based on. I'm considering using that image now that I'm a little better.

I really don't like the gold/orange look for the background especially considering the color of the blazers.I'm not a big fan of orange period after growing up in East TN. Purple would probably look okay but I think the blue just looks better in general. Hrm, it just seems to look more like a crest with the blue. The again, my high school had a boring crest though we never used it much.

I work for Viking myself (salesperson inside a Joann) which is the only reason I could afford the machine and software. I was trained on about everything but the Digitizing module. ^^;

I made a base image off the official badge last night, going about it the long and complicated way. >_> Will be starting round two of the badge tonight. I think I have the fill densities too...thick. ^^; How many stitches did you badge end up being? My practice run, which is missing the top and bottom flanges, came to over 21000. That seems awfully high. ^^;

I think blue or purple looks better too. This one doesn't look bad either, but I'm not an orange fan myself. ^^

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a256/animenohouse/Ouranpost.jpg
(Made by this person: http://community.livejournal.com/ouran_host/51085.html)

::sighs::

Work first, then trying again! If you manage to get ahold of that base, I'd much appreciate it. :)

~Anrui

accelagirl
07-12-2006, 07:16 PM
I've found pretty much everything I need so far... Supposing that Crystal Blue is the next best thing to New French Blue on Chadwick's... They're out of my size T_T;; until July 27, and I'm one of those people that needs to have their project/costume done at least a week or more to leave for errors, which I am bound to make... And, I can't see the darned color swatch of crystal blue, because my internet connection hates me and everything I do.
But still, it should all turn out okay XD;; I hope.

a word of warning, Chadwick's takes a ridiculously long time to process orders (i had ordered mine two weeks before AX with the fastest 2 day shipping, and they didn't come in til the day before we left x_x)

AiyaKasai
07-12-2006, 07:21 PM
a word of warning, Chadwick's takes a ridiculously long time to process orders (i had ordered mine two weeks before AX with the fastest 2 day shipping, and they didn't come in til the day before we left x_x)

O_o...thats weird mine was shipped early....or..well....they said they shipped it I dunno if they really did yet. It's been charged to my account so I dunno.

crazymiko
07-12-2006, 11:30 PM
I work for Viking myself (salesperson inside a Joann) which is the only reason I could afford the machine and software. I was trained on about everything but the Digitizing module. ^^;

I made a base image off the official badge last night, going about it the long and complicated way. >_> Will be starting round two of the badge tonight. I think I have the fill densities too...thick. ^^; How many stitches did you badge end up being? My practice run, which is missing the top and bottom flanges, came to over 21000. That seems awfully high. ^^;

I think blue or purple looks better too. This one doesn't look bad either, but I'm not an orange fan myself. ^^

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a256/animenohouse/Ouranpost.jpg
(Made by this person: http://community.livejournal.com/ouran_host/51085.html)

::sighs::

Work first, then trying again! If you manage to get ahold of that base, I'd much appreciate it. :)

~Anrui

That's fun, I've always been intrigued by the stuff in the Viking department but I <3 my Brother machine.

Hrm, the one I'm working on now is at 17,000 about and I'm missing the black outline. My fill density is up too but it seems to be working out. I think I'm on like draft 4 already but this is hard when you know nothing about your software.

>.> It looks well made but I'm just not digging that color combination. I'll stick with what I've got too.

I can't seem to find where I got it originally and I'm dead tired from closing so I'm not looking too hard. Our district manager is visiting tomorrow apparently. Here's a link on my photobucket, if only the bloody thing would auto-punch ;.;
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/cmiko/graphic25uz.jpg

ash3
07-12-2006, 11:49 PM

Sorry this is a sort of late reply, but I would definately be interested in buying a patch for my Haruhi (.. or maybe one of the Hitachiins XD) cosplay in the future ^^; Depending on the schedules of my other cosplaying friends, we may do an Ouran group, so if you end up deciding to sell mroe patches, I'd love to buy a few ^o^

accelagirl
07-13-2006, 12:08 AM
O_o...thats weird mine was shipped early....or..well....they said they shipped it I dunno if they really did yet. It's been charged to my account so I dunno.

OH, if it's shipped already then they shouldn't have a problem :x Mine took almost all two weeks to tell me that they had shipped them (then thank goodness i ordered 2 day or else it wouldn't have come in time for AX x_x)

PepeluTivursky
07-13-2006, 01:21 AM
BTW, I've been meaning to ask... those of you who have done Ouran cosplays and made your blazers, what pattern did you use? We'll be making ours, since we're going to be a big cosplay group and getting matching blazers might be a little difficult.
Unless someone can point me to a good blazer source, that is :3

Random Karen
07-13-2006, 02:58 AM
BTW, I've been meaning to ask... those of you who have done Ouran cosplays and made your blazers, what pattern did you use? We'll be making ours, since we're going to be a big cosplay group and getting matching blazers might be a little difficult.
I think I mentioned it in an earlier post, but if you can find someplace that has Burda patterns, there is a men's sport jacket pattern that works really well. I only had to adjust for my small size (I have smaller shoulders and chest than the pattern as it was made for guys). I'm slowly uploading pictures of my Haruhi cosplay, so check my gallery to see what using that pattern looks like.

Anrui Ukimi
07-13-2006, 03:35 AM
That's fun, I've always been intrigued by the stuff in the Viking department but I <3 my Brother machine.

Hrm, the one I'm working on now is at 17,000 about and I'm missing the black outline. My fill density is up too but it seems to be working out. I think I'm on like draft 4 already but this is hard when you know nothing about your software.

>.> It looks well made but I'm just not digging that color combination. I'll stick with what I've got too.

I can't seem to find where I got it originally and I'm dead tired from closing so I'm not looking too hard. Our district manager is visiting tomorrow apparently. Here's a link on my photobucket, if only the bloody thing would auto-punch ;.;
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/cmiko/graphic25uz.jpg

Thanks tons for the picture, it helped out immensely. I actually sat down at work today and ran the digitizing tutorials, and it helped me with all the stupid crap I wasn't noticing. ^^;

Round one is basically done, just not sew out. I need to go out later today and buy appropriately colored thread. ::laughs::

Patch Round One (screenshot from program) (http://ofortuna.rocproductions.org/ouran.png)

I put it as blue at the moment, I may one one in purple to see which I like better. ^^

This round is at about 16000 stitches, instead of the 21000 or so from Round 0.5. ^^;

I look forward to seeing your newest rendition! I'll post pictures once I have an actually stitched verson myself. :)

Thanks a lot!

~Anrui

PS: After sizing it correctly (I forgot to change the size ^^; ) It's now down to 12500 stitches. Vewwy odd. XD

Chibi-kun
07-13-2006, 06:39 AM

I actually bought a blazer pattern to use for the jacket but I ended up ignoring it and using a basic jacket pattern as a base and I had to sketch out my own pattern for the collar itself. I made a simplified blazer to test out the jacket pattern I used (generic jacket) for a kill me, kiss me jacket blazer and I think it will work well enough for an Ouran one.

But if your interested to find out the pattern I picked up, its made for a female blazer but can be easily altered for a male blazer. But I found using an existing jacket pattern and making a tweaked out collar pattern works better for a male blazer. The female blazer pattern I originally picked up is from McCall's M4928.

Chibi Plush Toy
07-13-2006, 09:59 PM
:O So many requests for a patch. I might as well try to find some software for myself because I don't wanna make you work too hard, crazymiko T_T Makes me feel bad.

Shinigami_Mimi
07-14-2006, 12:17 PM
Just curious, anyone plan on doing the cover outfits or the Host Club outfits( Princes, Police, Shinsengumi, Feudal Japan, etc)? ^___^ That would be really awesome.

Ellome
07-14-2006, 12:59 PM
Just curious, anyone plan on doing the cover outfits or the Host Club outfits( Princes, Police, Shinsengumi, Feudal Japan, etc)? ^___^ That would be really awesome.

Yes. :D Mayyyyyyyyyyyybe as early as AOD next month, but a little bit of research and planning goes first. :x