PDA

View Full Version : .hack//AWA

PatrickD
04-23-2006, 03:17 PM
It looks like I'll probably be bringing one of my .hack costumes to AWA. I was wondering if anyone else here planned to log into The World and might be interested in forming a party and going on a quest. (Translation: Meeting up for photos.) Maybe we could meet in ∆ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground. ;)

RyeCrimsonMoon
04-23-2006, 09:03 PM
I'm coming as Kite, but I already have two groups, so I duno if I'll be able to make your photoshoot unless its at a different time then the other two x_x But I guess time will tell ^_^

DalaiLiam
04-23-2006, 09:06 PM
We'll see. Who are you coming as? I'm a strictly "The world 2.0" Character. lol. IE: Ovan. I'm not sure if any of the 1.0 characters trancended to 2.0 other than Kite and his data was all currupted.

Jekka
04-23-2006, 09:37 PM
I'll bring my Tsukasa. ^^ I've been wanting to wear him again for a while. No staff this time, though, it's too large. I'll carry some aromatic grass instead.

PatrickD
04-23-2006, 09:40 PM
I'd probably have to bring Sora and leave Mia at home. The Mia parts are too bulky to bring in addition to the other (non-.hack) costume that I plan to bring. ...but Sora packs up much easier and flatter.

"Your member address please."

DalaiLiam
04-23-2006, 10:45 PM
Well it seems that 4 of the 5 seasons are represented... now if we could only find a midget to play a chibi character we could complete our set. :P

ladysubaru25
04-24-2006, 09:09 AM
Um. Yeah. Count me in since I'm kind of to blame for convincing Patrick in the first place! ;)

Jekka, your Tsukasa rocks my world. Very cool... don't worry about being "staff-less", I won't be able to bring my axe either. :(

Can't wait to see some people cosplaying GU characters... I was actually thinking of making a costume from .hack//AI BUSTER... don't know if I'll have the time though.

DalaiLiam
04-24-2006, 04:03 PM
So far as I know I'm the only GU/Roots character, aside from IDKaos's Kite that he's going to Evil up so that I'm not going stag. lol

Jekka
04-27-2006, 12:14 AM
Jekka, your Tsukasa rocks my world. Very cool... don't worry about being "staff-less", I won't be able to bring my axe either. :(

Can't wait to see some people cosplaying GU characters... I was actually thinking of making a costume from .hack//AI BUSTER... don't know if I'll have the time though.

*happy squee!* More photo ops with you!!!

PatrickD
04-30-2006, 07:42 PM
I was actually thinking of making a costume from .hack//AI BUSTER... don't know if I'll have the time though.

Which one? Albireo? Hokuto?

*happy squee!* More photo ops with you!!!

...and finally one of all three of us together! :D

ladysubaru25
05-01-2006, 08:24 AM
Which one? Albireo? Hokuto?

Actually, I had the urge to make a Lycoris costume... I never tried gradient dying fabric before, and I was kinda interested in trying it... plus the wig would be a challenge. Adding colored wefts and stuff.

Although I think I COULD pull off a killer Albireo as well... I am certainly androgynous enough. ;)

Hokuto-- LOL! Yeah. Sorry- but I prefer my costumes to actually *cover* at least 20% of my body thankyouverymuch!
She IS a cool character though...

...and finally one of all three of us together! :D

This is true, come to think of it. I have .hack pics of use separately, but not together.

What day should we do this everyone? I personally prefer Friday, since I think we will be doing FMA on Saturday-- Patrick, Jekka, corrct me if I am wrong here. ;)

UrMastrInuYasha
05-01-2006, 11:01 AM
I'm trying to convince my friend to be Mimiru, But she won't! oh well. I still about about 5 months worth of convincing to do. ah well, I'd love to cosplay and login to the world, but my idea has already been settled!

DalaiLiam
05-01-2006, 05:34 PM
Oh man... You have given me the coolest idea ever... now I just have to build and assemble a "warp point" to login at.

wall flower
05-03-2006, 03:35 PM
I'm going as black rose, Mimiru, or Rena. I'll be the short one. LOL!:toothy:

DalaiLiam
05-03-2006, 07:02 PM
I'm going as black rose, Mimiru, or Rena. I'll be the short one. LOL!:toothy:
I'll fight you for that title. I'm a bit too short to play ovan really... I just REALLY wanted to make the arm.

PatrickD
05-06-2006, 04:29 AM
Although I think I COULD pull off a killer Albireo as well... I am certainly androgynous enough. ;)

Albireo is a bit more endrogynous than you. ;) I thought he was a she for quite a while.

What day should we do this everyone? I personally prefer Friday, since I think we will be doing FMA on Saturday-- Patrick, Jekka, corrct me if I am wrong here. ;)

Makes no difference to me. What day is the Ball? Jekka has plans for that, so the other day would be good for .hack//STUFF. :)

Oh man... You have given me the coolest idea ever... now I just have to build and assemble a "warp point" to login at.

Making a 8' tall revolving vertical loop (they're called "chaos gates", btw) isn't easy. Believe me, I've given it A LOT of thought. It would have to support its own weight, but yet be light enough to spin with a relatively small motor at the bottom. Plus, because it's so large, it would need to come apart into pieces for transport. I was thinking of making one for Anime Boston 2005, but it never panned out due to technical complications.

Jekka
05-06-2006, 08:33 PM
We can do whichever cosplay on the days that people prefer on - I'm still not even sure if I can pull off the ball thing (the coat is proving a difficult matter) and you know I don't like dances to begin with. I'm more about just cosplay. :3 But .hack//FRIDAY sounds fine to me, with FMA on Sat.

DalaiLiam
05-07-2006, 07:21 AM
Saturday is a FF shoot that I'm trying to make.(Provided I finish my Yuke.)

As for the chaos gate. I wasn't going to have it revolve. (The center's all that revovles anyways in //roots.) I was going to build it out of inch thick insulation foam. I did hit a snag though, as I have no clue how I could transport such a thing so the project is somewhat scratched for now.

ladysubaru25
05-13-2006, 01:38 AM
So, now the question of the day:
What *color* should Lady Subaru be for AWA12?

BLUE (regular costume)

~OR~

PINK (episode 19)

(Yes, believe it or not, I AM cracked out enough to have made BOTH versions of the costume...)

:confused: :bigtu: :geek:

PatrickD
05-13-2006, 12:39 PM
I say blue...since you'll be hanging out with a Sora and a Tsukasa (and maybe an Aura). :cheers:

...unless a blue Subaru shows up on this thread. Then you can bring the pink outfit to be different. ;)

ladysubaru25
05-13-2006, 03:44 PM
I say blue...since you'll be hanging out with a Sora and a Tsukasa (and maybe an Aura). :cheers:

Well, that would actually be a *good* think since I wouldn't have to get the blue costume dry-cleaned.. :bigtu:

The pink one hasn't been worn since AB '05 and NEEDS a little love right now...

Jekka
05-13-2006, 08:05 PM
If you show up pink, you'll totally confuse poor Tsukasa. "Did you fall in a vat of dye or something? *peer*"

XD Can you mix and match those costumes? That'd be fun someday. "My upper half is from episode 19."

PatrickD
05-14-2006, 12:20 AM
XD Can you mix and match those costumes? That'd be fun someday. "My upper half is from episode 19."

I've actually considered wearing multiple costumes at the same time. ...but haven't actually done it because that's a little insane.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
06-10-2006, 01:14 PM
so, i am still trying to get this con and i won't know until August if i will be coming...

but AMA is next weekend and i'm doing a .hack costume...
so of course i'll bring it to AWA!

it's from .hack//G.U.! I'll be the second known Haseo in the country! I'm super excited about it

ringwraith10
06-12-2006, 07:35 PM
I was thinking of going as Gardenia this year, but I decided against it this time... I'd like to see other .HACK costumes, though!

RyeCrimsonMoon
06-26-2006, 09:17 PM
Hey! How's everyone's .hack costumes going? :D

So does anyone know what day the photoshoot/gathering is gonna be? I know its early to be asking, butI wanna make sure my schedual is straight XD I'll be around Friday afternoon and all day Saturday, but not on Sunday ^_^ Going to Japan Fest! :D

PatrickD
06-26-2006, 10:44 PM

Done! I just have to re-make Sora's blades to comply with AWA's weapons policy. Should only take an afternoon...

So does anyone know what day the photoshoot/gathering is gonna be? I know its early to be asking, butI wanna make sure my schedual is straight XD I'll be around Friday afternoon and all day Saturday, but not on Sunday ^_^ Going to Japan Fest! :D

Friday seems to work for most people in this thread.
.hack//FRIDAY! :D

...and yeah, Sunday's bad for me too. I'll have to hop a plane to Boston that evening, so cosplay options are a bit more limited.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
06-27-2006, 05:29 PM
Haseo is all right. Just gotta do the top and then...well, he'll be complete :) and i may get him a wig, but i'm unsure right now.

RyeCrimsonMoon
06-28-2006, 01:54 PM
Woot, glad that everything is coming along so well :D I'm almost done with Kite, just gotta do some small adjustments.

Friday sounds great too!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
06-28-2006, 03:04 PM
yes, FRIDAY! because i may not be able to come Saturday (i say that now, but i'll know i'll lie my way into staying in Atlanta for the whole weekend...)

LadyHawke78
06-29-2006, 08:31 AM

Mine has actually been done since '03! :bigtu:
(I've 'tweaked' the bejeezus out of it since then, though...)

Just have to pull it out of the closet and take it to the drycleaners.
I'll be doing that before Connecticon next week...

Oh! and I think I *might* have to get a new pair of wings. My old ones were pretty beat up from Otakon last year.

ldkhoas
06-29-2006, 06:55 PM
So far as I know I'm the only GU/Roots character, aside from IDKaos's Kite that he's going to Evil up so that I'm not going stag. lol

I could...Um pretend to be chibi and wear shugo..Its the same as kite's costume except none of the orange things XD (yes i got two pairs of pants >.>))
Waitting for some more referance pictures before i start on pirate Kite XD
can't wait for the games to come out.((been watching the anime as its uploaded XD))

RyeCrimsonMoon
08-10-2006, 10:47 PM
Revive! o.o
Been awhile and AWA is fast approaching! :D I got almost all of my Kite done, just gotta get those belts that go along his side and gloves and I'm good to go! ^_^ How is everyone else doing? :D

And do we have a set time and place to meet yet? I'm just trying to organize myself XDD

PatrickD
08-11-2006, 07:28 PM
How is everyone else doing? :D

I finished two years ago.

And do we have a set time and place to meet yet? I'm just trying to organize myself XDD

No. I suspect it would have been posted here if it was set.
...so pick a time and place on Friday or sit tight until someone else does.

RyeCrimsonMoon
08-14-2006, 08:33 PM
I would pick a place, but I'm not too great about getting around the con area o_o; So I'll do my do my best :/

Place: The main Galleria lobby (right before you go up the stairs to the dealer's room)
Time: 6:00 PM
Date: Friday, the 22nd

Anyone can make some changes

Eh, that was the easiest place to find for me, and I know I'll be there by then.

Jekka
08-18-2006, 09:18 AM
I've just got to fix up Tsukasa's hat, and make sure the pants don't need some more hemming (I keep getting shorter o_O). That ought to be it, aside from some wig repair, maybe... Not bringing the staff this year, it's two damn big. ^^

PatrickD
08-18-2006, 11:34 PM
I need to fix Sora's blades.

I used to have the blades out, but I'm going to have the blades retracted for AWA. Partly due to their weapons policy...and partly because it's difficult for me to open doors, push elevator buttons, and do much of anything with the blades extended. Plus, when someone bumps into them (or when ADV throws a T-shirt at them), the plastic tends to snap or crack. Oops. Easily repaired...but always a pain to do at the con.