PDA

View Full Version : Hotel mates at the con

VampireHunterVW
08-02-2002, 06:24 PM
I'm very disapointed to see your reaction to us at the Hotel. Granted there were a few who lost control of themselves and they were frowned upon by us as well. I, among other people, were interested in speaking with you. As far as Hotel employees looking down upon us, they were doing the same with you. I think they were shocked by the two groups and simply wanted to sit on the fence and not make any enemies. I am a fan of Anime. I admit you people probably know a lot more about them than I, but I own some movies and enjoy them very much. I tried numerous time to gather information about your group. I was pretty excited to speak with people who shared the same interests. I approached a few groups of you and was either ignored or looked upon with scorn and resentment. A huge dispointment. :confused: No one wanted to push you into your rooms. As far as calling the police, if that's what you felt you need to feel safe, do it, thats what they are there for. Maybe asking us to quiet down or to stop whatever was annoying you would have sufficed? I think if both camps had of communicated more we both could have learned alot and had really had a good time! I was a bit shocked to see the mudslinging that was done here by some. To be honest none of us really had any hard feelings or resentment towards any of you. As I stated ealier, communication could have solved all these things.

Glad to see though that you all were able to still enjoy yourselves! We had a great time as well! Maybe in the future we can all be a bit more open and friendly next time!

=-)

Koumori
08-12-2002, 01:18 PM
Thanks for your kind and well-reasoned response. The interaction between the two groups was unfortunate on all sides, I think. As a group, we sometimes tend to get defensive before we need to be; we consider a con a "safe" place, and it really throws us when there are people there making derogatory comments about us, our costumes, etc. I don't think all of the car fans were guilty of that, or even most of them, but I was a bit nervous myself.

I'm sorry that you were greeted with hostility; it was an unfortunate situation all around, and again, thank you for your thoughtful post.

Ranma Saotome
09-09-2002, 12:35 PM
VampireHunter, this is why we may move the con.

Xx Lulu xX
09-11-2002, 09:25 PM
:bouncer: Noo, moving the con would be evil...verrrrry evil...

Ranma Saotome
10-03-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Xx Lulu xX
:bouncer: Noo, moving the con would be evil...verrrrry evil...

I will be finding out about that shortly... I hope.

aeva
10-03-2002, 04:25 PM
Pleeeeaaaaseeeee dooooon't moooooove theeeeee cooooon.... TT_________TT ::wimper::

Ranma Saotome
10-03-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by aeva
Pleeeeaaaaseeeee dooooon't moooooove theeeeee cooooon.... TT_________TT ::wimper::

Too late. *squish*

Oshi
10-04-2002, 09:16 AM
The 'move' was to Rye, NY, right?

Ranma Saotome
10-04-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Oshi
The 'move' was to Rye, NY, right?

AFAIK, yes. There will prolly be some info posted next week.

scandia
10-04-2002, 02:42 PM
So it is definite that it will be in Rye? Holy cow, how will I get there in simple flights? Also, will it be moved to August?

Ranma Saotome
10-04-2002, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by scandia
So it is definite that it will be in Rye? Holy cow, how will I get there in simple flights? Also, will it be moved to August?

I didn't say that now. ;) But it looks like it may just be there. You will have to fly into Westchester County Airport. As for it being in August, I not know...