PDA

View Full Version : Artist row?

Hyura
04-24-2006, 04:21 PM
Ah, I have a few questions about the artist row at NDK. I know nothing about conventions and I'm new to this, but I'm seriously considering setting up a stand there.

I was reading the info on the website and it says "first come first serve", or something like that. So does that mean you reserve a table when you get to the con? Exactly how early would I have to arrive at there to ensure myself a table? According to the website, the setup time begins at 9 AM, so when exactly would I have to get there? Who do I talk to and where do I go once I get there? Or are all of the tables already reserved? I really have no idea about this, and knowing me, I'm gonna get lost and miss my chance altogether. I'd really like to be sure about it.

Oh, and what is a backup list? Should I sign up for it? x3;

Lady Neese
04-24-2006, 08:21 PM
You have to reserve you table before the convention the tables are being handed out to those who reserved and paid for their tables starting at 9:00am. Go here for more info:

http://www.ndkdenver.org/main/dealersnartists/artists-row/

There is a link to contact Misty. That's who you want to contact for the tables.

Katie

Hyura
04-24-2006, 10:57 PM
Okay, thank you.

*blink* The email I sent (through the form) went to my own inbox for some reason. Is that supposed to happen? Or do I have to contact her via snail mail?

Lady Neese
04-25-2006, 09:24 AM
Yep thats suppose to happen. It sends a copy to you and the person you try to contact. That way you have a copy of the email you sent. ^.^

Katie

narutomoto
04-28-2006, 05:47 PM
But what if you want to just one or two pieces in the aisles, not actually have a table with all the models and stuff?

Because I was just going to see if I could put wall art in the show. DO I have to pay for it or reserve it ahead of time?

GabiKat
04-30-2006, 09:59 AM
the art show is differnt than the alley. for the alley you have to have a table or team up with someone that is willing to share cost & space

The art show will allow you to bring just a couple pieces to show Misty is still the contact. She's been a big help to me and this will be my second year in NDK's Alley!

Good luck with your pieces!

Tenkage-chan
05-02-2006, 12:52 PM
This will be my third year at Artists' Row, and Misty's already been helpful. I'm sure by now you've e-mailed her, and she sent me the contract right off! I look forward to seeing you there!

GabiKat
05-11-2006, 06:42 PM
This will be my third year at Artists' Row, and Misty's already been helpful. I'm sure by now you've e-mailed her, and she sent me the contract right off! I look forward to seeing you there!

I remember you! you were right across from me last year!

have you heard if we'll be in the same location this year... or if we'll be larger... we really needed bigger traffic!

Tenkage-chan
05-13-2006, 12:07 PM
I haven't heard anything yet, other than us being at the same hotel. I still need to send in my contract, too. But you're right, I hope they put us in a better area this year. While the gazeebo was pretty 'n all, we just didn't get that many people coming by. Maybe I'll e-mail Misty and ask... I look forward to seeing you again, too! It's always fun hangin' out with the Artists' Row community! :D

Tenkage-chan
05-26-2006, 12:25 PM
Well, I e-mailed Misty about the location, it seems it's going to be in the same spot again. Too bad, I was hoping for a little busier spot. Oh well! See you all there! :)

GabiKat
06-02-2006, 11:09 PM
oh rats! I wonder if there is anyway to try to GET people to come in there... I didn't do too terrible last year money wise but it was kinda lonely.

Tenkage-chan
06-03-2006, 08:06 AM
I have an idea- cosplay!! If the photo shoots are nearer to Artisits' Row, then the people who are there for pictures & such are bound to mill around more. The trick is to bring a backdrop people will want to pose in front of for pictures, though, and I don't know how to even make one of those... :confused:

JL_Toshee
06-03-2006, 02:13 PM
Or I can be a walking billboard? I thought we kept you company, GabiKat XP...but I shall nominate myself to make people come into the area!

FilthyWarumono
06-05-2006, 08:09 AM
I want to be in the pannels too, and not a table x.x I've done it a couple of years ago, but now it's a new hotel and I'm like AUGH. Confusion sets in and my brain just turns off. x.x;;