PDA

View Full Version : Amano Cosplay at Oni-con 2006?

kyandi-chan
04-27-2006, 05:00 PM
If no one has read the big ol' announcement on Oni-con's website, then I'll post it here and hopefully encourage more beautiful costumes from you loverly folks here!

Yoshitaka Amano is going to Oni-con! http://www.oni-con.com/guests#yoshitakaamano

THE AMANO. If you know his works (illustrations for Final Fantasy, Vampire Hunter D, Sandman, Front Mission, etc) , then you know that each one is a wonderful opportunity to create a breath-taking costume.

I know this is VERY early, but who is planning on cosplaying a character, painting, illustration, whatever!, designed or rendered by Mr. Amano?

I'm making Amano Freija (a costume I've put off for a good 3 years) from Final Fantasy IX.

Hime no Toki
04-28-2006, 02:00 PM
I'm very tempted to go and make the Amano Rydia costume of my dreams. I just might hold off on AWA and go to Oni-Con instead now. I'm sure if I budget things right I could pull it off.

Scortia
04-29-2006, 08:51 PM
Well, I seem 95% unlikely to make Oni-con because of a move the month before... but if I do manage to go,... eh,... instead of getting to Rydia after putting her off for all this time, I'd probably do this costume he did for Arslan... because, well, I love that series anyhow.

Or, the lead character of Angel's Egg just to be creepy... I'm just a bit too tall to pull off a convincing little girl though. ^^;

http://www.amanosworld.com/html/work/arslan/arslan3.html

SchizoIori
04-30-2006, 01:04 AM
I'm bringing my Amano Tifa then for sure. Also my boyfriend is making an Amano Sephiroth. That's amazing!

Amaya De'Morte
05-01-2006, 01:50 AM
I may do one of the fairies from his fairy art book.. Or rosa. Rosa kicks hardcore. XD

Space Invader
05-01-2006, 11:09 PM
Damn right :). I'm completely remaking Terra (for Comic Con, so I'll just bring her along), I'll have Aerith, aaaaaaaaaaand I've decided to finally bust out with Esper Terra for this. Maybe get him to autograph my costumes, yes? :D :D :D

*plots in her little corner*

Scortia
05-02-2006, 12:02 AM
Space Invader: LMAO, I'd be highly amused to see him attempt to sign your Esper Terra costume. >P

kyandi-chan
05-05-2006, 10:41 AM
Space Invader: LMAO, I'd be highly amused to see him attempt to sign your Esper Terra costume. >P
I'd pay money to see that!

Space Invader
05-05-2006, 11:16 AM
Hey Amano... SIGN MY HAIR! XD

Chibi Ice Wolf
05-07-2006, 02:58 PM
I remember at AniZona we were joking that Amano's picture looks like a mugshot. XD He's so unhappy. lol

I'm dying to make Amano's illustration Aeris too~ As in, I've been sketching and dreaming and eyeing flower shaped beads online. ;p Probably won't happen anytime soon though, I'm very cosplay-burned-out ATM and I'm not sure I can make it to Oni-Con.

Anna
05-07-2006, 11:11 PM
I'm going to Oni-con this year for my birthday (turning 16 w00t w00t) I want to try to make Amano Songstress Yuna, though I know it's not that different from the original. It's just always been one of my favorite paintings of his.

Bluest Mercury
05-12-2006, 04:19 PM
If I could go I definatly want to make amano summoner Yuna. That is if I can even goXD

BlackLion
05-12-2006, 04:29 PM
www.amanosworld.com

That's a website of his art. Sadly the final Fantasy part is down. but I might do Kasshan or Casshern from the movie. of course It won't look the same because I'm black, but That shouldn't matter in cosplay right?

Either way I don't know whether to do a costume based on the 70's anime or the 2004 movie.

Aleera
05-15-2006, 01:12 PM
I'm also tempted to skip AWA and head to Oni-con, either Amano Terra or Kuja if I do get out there.

Lady Saea
06-17-2006, 12:21 PM
Well she beat me to it, but I'll be making Amano Sephiroth with the help of SchizoIori. ^.^

Shadowsaber
06-25-2006, 06:15 PM
You knowI'm So There this year!! I love to cosplay Sandman and fine some dress as the Monk or Final Fantasy 9. Just cust Amano Going there this year! even with all the problmes that happen last year, they came around in a big way. I love Oni-con!!! Any Naruto Groups coming? I'll love the cosplay with you just email me at eshadowsaber@yahoo.com or find me on DA under shadowsaber, thanks!

isamu85
06-25-2006, 06:50 PM
If I'm able to go, I'll bring my Amano Cloud with me!^_^

Shadowsaber
07-02-2006, 12:31 PM
I just have to do something from Sandman or Final Fantasy. I want to get a cosply group togather. this is Amono but at the same time I don't want to miss the signing for cosplay all day in line. i'll see to make them both work