PDA

View Full Version : Armor?

IzanamiEtsu
02-25-2003, 02:50 AM
Hi,
Sorry to bug you all, but I'm wanting to do a costume from Valkyrie Profile. I have no clue how to make armor. If you could give me any tips on how to do it or what kind of stuff to use. I would really be grateful.
Thanks for your time. ^-^

Sarcasm-hime
02-25-2003, 12:50 PM
Here's some useful sites:

http://sarcasm.fanfic.org/accessories.html
http://amethyst-angel.com/armormaking.html

There are lots of ways to make armor. The cheapest is to find things that are approximately the right shape and cover them with papier-mache. Other options are foam, plasterstrip, plastic, fiberglass.

IzanamiEtsu
02-26-2003, 03:04 AM
Thank you so much for your help.

melloncollie
02-26-2003, 10:40 AM
ooo thanks that'll help me too i'm off to try tifa ffvII's elbow pad thing....
all this paper mache reminds me of school

Something Lulu
02-26-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by melloncollie
ooo thanks that'll help me too i'm off to try tifa ffvII's elbow pad thing....

Me too! ^_^ My boyfriend is pretty good with constructing things like this, so I'm also utilizing his help. I'm going to show him these sites and ask for his opinion on what method we should use. Thanks for the links, Sarcasm Hime

melloncollie
02-26-2003, 11:18 AM
ooohh lucky you i gotta do ti all on my own and i'll probably end up glueing msyelf to the table or somthing...:mad:

aimee
02-26-2003, 11:44 AM
Sarcasm-hime, thanks again for the great advice! XD

Marianne
02-26-2003, 11:44 AM
If it's a full-body costume and you need to make a body cast first, try www.bioweapons.com and www.studiocreations.com/stormtrooper I personally like the hot glue method on the bioweapons site for the Guyver armor.

DigitalCactus
02-27-2003, 01:23 AM
Bonjour! *cough cough* Ya might want to try this link.. its an older thread that I used to help me out.. look through it they have got a lot of good links **returns to the darkness from which he came from**

schalke
03-02-2003, 08:57 AM
ei thanks also to marianne and sarcasm-hime...it'll help me too in making my weapons and armors for my costumes :bouncer: