PDA

View Full Version : Fabric to use for Riku's Blindfold- KH II

SolarVortex
04-29-2006, 04:17 PM
I know this sounds probably way to ridiculous.. but does anyone know where to get or any type of fabric that could possibly be used like Rikuís blindfold in KHII that DOESNíT impair eyesight but still gets the desired effect of one not being able to see through into the eyes.

I am sure that sounds ridiculous to be able to have fabric in front of your eyes and still see almost clearly through it.. but Hey, I figured I would ask anyways ^.^ Iíve heard of some amazing things I wouldnít have thought possible before.

Thanks,
'Dice!

Legato2471
04-29-2006, 09:12 PM
x_x I have a mask with a fabric on it that hides my face but allows me to see through it just fine. While I'm not sure what it's called exactly it's somewhat thin and has a lot of holes in it so look for poreus(sp?) black fabric.

hitension
04-30-2006, 08:49 AM
I found some black see-through fabric at a Joann's. It almost reminded me of the fabric some Muslim women wear on their headscarfs~ never thought I'd be wearing that kind of fabric, lol o.o
I have no idea what it's called, though :( Sorry

Kuro Yue
04-30-2006, 12:21 PM
I saw this one Riku cosplay (w/blindfold) on CosplayLab, and they said somewhere that they had used a sort of lycra fabric, and had taken out every third thread. They could see fine, but everyone else thought the fabric was thick enough they'd walk into a wall.

SecretGeisha
05-01-2006, 07:41 PM
i had the same problem. my first idea was to use the same fabric you usually see in those death halloween costumes where you can see them but they cant see you. i finally found this stuff at joanns that works way too perfectly. its stretchy and i can see fairly well through it, and no one can see my eyes. i dont remember the name of the fabric, but im heading down there sometime this week and i could find out. its also very inexpensive, but hard to sew because its a little slippery.

Kuro Yue
05-01-2006, 08:17 PM
Oh, do tell when you find out what it is. I've been wondering about material myself, and didn't want to try anything unless I had an exact name for it.

daguru
05-02-2006, 12:34 AM
Real easy: Black hosiery. If it's not dark enough or your skin is slightly visible through it, simply double it, wear black makeup underneath, or do this:

Make two, identical blindfolds from hosiery. Cut eyholes in one. Stretch-stitch or glue them together. Have the outer one be the one without holes.

Ling-Ling
05-02-2006, 05:40 PM
What you want is Polyester Interlock. If you get it in black, it's dark enough people can't see your eyes, but thin enough that you can see through it.

OphanimGunner
05-02-2006, 08:48 PM
As another note besides just using fabric, if you set the blindfold up a bit, you can tilt your head back a bit and look under it if the fabric isn't good enough to see through too clearly. ^^;;; That's the way I did mine the first time I cosplayed Riku. You just need to find a good point between your eyes being hidden and being able to see, where you put it. X3

Phoenixmstr
10-28-2009, 06:32 PM
Mine was black muslin.. or at least close to it... It works just fine

Extrepid
10-29-2009, 08:42 AM
My favourite is just to cut up black pantyhose.

Cheap, and you can see through it perfectly, though note after a few hours it begins to stick to your eyes pretty badly.
x__x