PDA

View Full Version : Help me! Sora from Kh2 Space Paranoids

Diplomaticninja
04-30-2006, 02:54 PM
I really need help I want to make the Space Paranoids Sora, because I wanna be Sora and I wanna be a robot, or close to it since he has a wierd cyberized look going on I made the hat thingy and just am wondering is the keyblade wierd and what sort of fabric would look right for the costume. has anyone seen good pictures of this Sora cause I found 3 pictures in all and none are good anything would be appreciated

I have another question too, concerning Shadow Sora or Anti-Sora, which would look better and be more practicle If I made a mask that i could tuck under my wig or painted my face black and wore yellow contacts. I'm not worried about cost, just the smearing of paint, or a mask would leave me blind. What do you guys think?

Quantum9
04-30-2006, 03:47 PM
Okay, first off, you are awesome for attempting this.

Second, I'd recommend perhaps a spandex bodysuit as a base. That's what the people in the film used.

Diplomaticninja
04-30-2006, 05:59 PM
Thanks that sounds like a pretty good plan I hadn't really thought of that, but I shall attempt it.

I hope it turns out as cool as it should!

Kuro Yue
04-30-2006, 06:41 PM
Curse you, Quantum9. I wanted to say that they were awesome for attempting this.

The keyblade actually DOES also get cyber-ized, too. It depends on which Keyblade you're carrying with you when you get to the Space Paranoids world. The Kingdom Key basically just has glowing strips along the edges of the handle, and along the sides of the shaft, and probably strips along the edges of the key part.

I think that Shadow Sora would probably be easier to do, because Anti-Form requires reference pics of some parts, while with Shadow Sora, you can just get a picture of original Sora and make everything black.

I think you should go with a mask, then get some REALLY sheer fabric for the eyes.

Hope this helps!

Diplomaticninja
05-01-2006, 05:28 PM
Hey that helps too! I didn't think of differnt fabric for the eyes XD -slaps self- That could come in handy I think I will go with that besides it's cheaper, I'm afraid of the paint smearing since all other face paint I've dealt with has ended up smearing.

Thanks for the info on the key balde too I thought it looked cyberizwed but then I couldn't really tell. I was thinking about making a different keyblade but I guess the Kingdom Key is the easiest and the most obvious.

But What about his big shorts? Should they be a heavy cotton? or what the heck else could I use to look cyberized I mean the spandex suit works for like a base but how should I make it poof out XD I was thinking just silver cotton and bright bias tape, but does anyone else know of something easier even if it's slightly less practicle I still want it to look its coolest even if it means more work! Thanks for the in put so far though x3

Kuro Yue
05-01-2006, 07:15 PM
I'm thinking maybe brace it with something that'll still move around - like interfacing, then possibly stuff it a bit for volume.

I have no idea what to do for the glowing strips, though.

feytaline
05-01-2006, 09:23 PM
I have the perfect idea for the glowing strips.

Jogging tape.

Yes, that white reflective tape. It would look SO AWESOME.

Li-chan

Miyabi-
05-01-2006, 09:31 PM
haha! I'm working on this costume right now! ^_^

The keyblade does light up...I'm using the Kingdom Key for mine and it lights up around the edges. ^_^

I'm using a bodysuit as a base and making the shorts out of a stiff black cotton and I plan on actually putting netting (kinda like a crinoline) in the pants to make them poof out. I'm putting the stripes on with a reflective material and am running string lights around the stripes to make them light up. ^_^

As for referances...the guidebook has a good one!

Lady Subaru
05-02-2006, 10:00 AM
Well I know at my wal-mart they have this trimming or something that's blue and reflects the light. I'm doing a SP verison of a different character, my friend and I are planning to get like plastic tubing and stream lights in it ( placing the battery pack in my one bag) for the bigger lighted areas and then use the reflective tremming for the smaller areas.

Diplomaticninja
05-03-2006, 10:01 AM
Oh goodness you've all be so helpful i was thinking about tape, but worried how it would look then thought hmmm i should check for stuff but thank you all for commenting and I'm gonna get started I already have my Kingdom Key base I just need to add the reflective stuff now, and I made my helmet dingy I'm excited! Thanks again.

@KonekoMiyabi
Awesome! You're making the costume too?! Yay! I get sick of seeing all the same Soras running around so it's nice to know someone else has a cool Space Paranoids cosplay too!

Diplomaticninja
05-03-2006, 10:02 AM
@Lady Subaru

Which character are you doing? I'm curious now!