PDA

View Full Version : Not so common Chii cosplay?

Blue Eternity
05-01-2006, 06:31 PM
I was wondering if there was actually a not-as-commonly-done Chii cosplay out there. o_o

I would really love to cosplay Chii next year or sometime in the future (after I finish my Ed and Ouka cosplays and some others) but I really don't want to do her super-done ones. I know Chii is a VERY common female cosplay (like top 5! lol) but is there possibly one people don't do as much? Complexity dosn't really matter, just as long as its not a huge hoopskirt I think I'll survive. ^^; And if it's really simple (just not the bandages Chii that she is in when she's first found. @_@) thats okay too!

Any ideas? x.x I'd love for the help!

Mucho love,
Grace :heart:

Clueless Case
05-01-2006, 06:45 PM
Go thru the artbook. Only a handful of people actual do costumes from there.

darkneko
05-01-2006, 06:47 PM
! don't know if there are any that are uncommon...she is chii, but here are a few i have'nt seen many cosplays of.
http://www.pucciland.com/gothicrealm/manga/chobits4.jpg
http://www.pucciland.com/gothicrealm/manga/chobits2.jpg
http://www.ayame.nu/chobits/yu/scan17.jpg
I hope they are useful ^^

Tifa Lin
05-01-2006, 07:00 PM
hmm...have you tryed any artbook versions....if you buy the anime playing cards...they got some costumes that aren't normally made...I also have some Chobits stickers with DOZEN of dresses that haven't been made....

Cat-Chans
05-01-2006, 07:46 PM
Her most common cosplay outfits are the bakery outfit, the brown dress, the fuku, and the pink dress. Look through art books or even some of the manga covers for something a little more out there.
You could also look into doing her outfit from Tsuaba since it isn't out in america yet fewer people have seen it.

vampirate
05-01-2006, 07:54 PM
The Your Eyes Only Artbook does have some great stuff in it. Also look at the random art between chapters in the manga. Also if you can find the art of the bonus postcards that came out with the manga in Japan those would be good sources. Those are monochromatic. Between that and black and white manga art that'd give you a great variety too. Since those outfits have never been really colored you could make them whatever color you want.

serpensortia
05-01-2006, 09:26 PM
I think this dress is really pretty. It is simple, but I like it (the lace is so pretty!) I haven't seen many people cosplaying this outfit.

Blue Eternity
05-01-2006, 10:38 PM
EDIT!! ***kind of a spoiler***
I was wondering if many people do Chii's Chobit outfit? Like the one they find in the pictures that are of her before she lost her momory... The kind of leotard... *bad discribing skills* >_>

Thank you everyone! This is really helpfull, you guys are awesome. <3

I'll look into getting an artbook, havn't gotten one for Chobits yet. =3

Tsubasa isn't supposed to be here in America? I have up to volume 6... and I'm pretty sure there are more. o.o But her outfit in that is so pretty! I'll check out and see if I can plan it out.
THANKS!
More ideas are welcome! ^__^

Mucho love,

Biscuit
05-01-2006, 11:11 PM
EDIT!! ***kind of a spoiler***
I was wondering if many people do Chii's Chobit outfit? Like the one they find in the pictures that are of her before she lost her momory... The kind of leotard... *bad discribing skills* >_>

Thank you everyone! This is really helpfull, you guys are awesome. <3

I'll look into getting an artbook, havn't gotten one for Chobits yet. =3

Tsubasa isn't supposed to be here in America? I have up to volume 6... and I'm pretty sure there are more. o.o But her outfit in that is so pretty! I'll check out and see if I can plan it out.
THANKS!
More ideas are welcome! ^__^

Mucho love,

that is a wondrful idea 0_o the pic of her in the lab in the leotard....ooooo~er was that freya.....?

Blue Eternity
05-01-2006, 11:16 PM
that is a wondrful idea 0_o the pic of her in the lab in the leotard....ooooo~er was that freya.....?
Oh gee... I think it was. @_@ I'm so sorry, I havn't read the manga in a few months! Like 6 actually... Eeek. >_<

Now I am compleatly motivated to make the lab outfit though... =D I was looking for pics of people to see if anyone has actually made it, but I can't find any. Yay! *happeh* lol...
*snicker* And I already have a leotard/swimsuit pattern. =D Must get some fabric soon! Arg. lol.

MUcho love
Grace

Seriphina
05-01-2006, 11:25 PM
i think i've seen one other person doing the lab-leotard outfit ever. it'd be a good choice, and you'd be recognized from across rooms. :bigtu: two thumbs up :bigtu:

Blue Eternity
05-01-2006, 11:33 PM
i think i've seen one other person doing the lab-leotard outfit ever. it'd be a good choice, and you'd be recognized from across rooms. :bigtu: two thumbs up :bigtu:
Yay! ^_^ *prances* lol. Off to find a nice long wig and some extentions...~

Okay now that that is over.... >_> lol
I gotta find a convention near me that isn't going on while I'm in Japan and Alaska. *tempted to walk around Japan in cosplay gear* >_> Too bad it's a school trip... Darnit school dress code! *strangles it* ;_;

Lol... but anyways. Any tips of how to draw the Chobits word on her leg? Eyeliner set with a powder? Or a stocking with it painted on?
And for the black accents, what should I use?
GEEZ I wish I could find more ref. pics! x_x Stupid broken scanner... *smash*

Once again thank you for all the help everyone! ^_^ I'll force my mommy to take me to the mall and to Joanns *evil teenager mode* :lost: Naw, but hopefully she'll be able to take me this weekend or I'll order a leotard or some fabric or something.
Thanks everyone!!!~~~

Mucho love,

Sipo
05-02-2006, 01:02 AM
One I think is really cute (sorry, no pics at hand) is in the second book. It's extremely short in the front (her frilly panties show) and very long in the back. It's got layers of material and it's very frilly and fluffy. It's really cute. (Cept, the whole, panty showing thing, you might want to make it a little longer, unless you have cute frilly panties to show off. o.o)