PDA

View Full Version : Comic Con!!!

Mei Lan Chang
08-02-2002, 11:15 PM
Guess who went to comic con?

That's right, me! And it was great. I met Eurobeat King, otherwise known as Al Trowa. Neato freato guy. As well I met the hot shots who run this joint. Cool points for them too.

Even though Comic Con is not specifically an anime con, there was lots of anime and cosplay there. And I have never SEEN so many Stars Wars geeks. (No offense to any Star Wars fan because I like Star Wars too.....but I wonder how much that storm trooper get up cost you.)

And what did I wear to Comic Con? Well...if you have read my other post, I just got back from Japan and was staying at my grandma's for a few days in a different state. So I didn't have any of my costumes that I made. But I did have an authentic school uniform that I bought at a used clothing store in Japan. SO...that's what I wore. Full suit, except I hade to wear sports shoes because I didn't have my black shoes (they were at home). I got lot's of pictures and will post them as soon as they are developed and scanned. *God I need a digital camera* Well! I have said my three cents plus a candy wrapper, ja.

Cynthia
08-03-2002, 06:21 PM
Crescent City con is okay-personally, I've been to better. But it doesn't suck-and considering there's very few other cons in Louisiana or in Mississippi (which is closer for me than Texas). I'd literally have to go to Florida, Georgia, or Texas to get some good con action. Yet, Crescent City con is definately reigning supreme for sci-fi cons-especially considering that there's no competition.

As for Numa Rei-No, it's the first anime con ever in Louisiana!!! I'm so gonna spend money like a fool there. And I'm gonna cosplay like a there's no one else to compete with me-and from the serious lack of replies that's probably so.

Jinx
08-04-2002, 01:25 AM
I've only been to AX ans SDCC... but SDCC is by far my most favorite.. blows AX outta the water. :P

Yukai
08-04-2002, 09:56 PM
I didn't get to go to comic con, though I was planning on it. *~sniffles~*

Yggdrasil Pie
08-04-2002, 09:58 PM
Awww.... I only been to AnimeExpo... T_T
One day though...I'll go more more conventions!!! XD
One day.... T_T