PDA

View Full Version : Heroes Con

Star_Angel
05-01-2006, 10:13 PM
So anyone gonna go this year? there were a few people form here there last year.

It located in Charlotte and is July 4th weekend this year but I will be there and probaly sporting a Marvel Girl cosplay.

well anyone gonna go??

Incase anyone doesnt know what Heroes is, its a comic con incharlotte heres the webpage
http://www.heroesonline.com/con-update.htm

Link Arroway
05-02-2006, 11:35 PM
are they anything like tri-noc?

Star_Angel
05-03-2006, 07:46 PM
are they anything like tri-noc?

I think its similar just more towards comic, they normaly have some pretty big comic names as guests. a few sci-fi guest.

Link Arroway
05-03-2006, 08:58 PM
I think its similar just more towards comic, they normaly have some pretty big comic names as guests. a few sci-fi guest.
comic should be a little more friendly to anime fans, at tri-noc the staff were pretty (very) disrespectful :D
also, most of the volunteers i talked to couldn't identify exactly what audience the convention is looking for

hentaigirl82
05-06-2006, 07:14 PM
I will be goin again, I go every year with my friends and my nephews.

Tigress
05-08-2006, 04:15 PM
Don't think that the hubby and I are going this year. He would like to go for the M:tG events, but there's other events on the weekend before and after that he wants to go to more and his wallet can't take the abuse without some very careful planning. And I don't want to go to Charlotte by myself.

Not to mention that my birthday and our anniversary are at the end of that month and I fully expect him to spoil me. :toothy:

Star_Angel
05-08-2006, 06:01 PM
I will be goin again, I go every year with my friends and my nephews.
Woot! I'm doing a costume this year for it, last year was pretty crazy so no costume then for me, lol.

Last year most of the people in costumes were either sci-fi related, anime related, spider-man X-men, or GI Joe so its a mixture of people there, so yeah they are very friendly to the anime people.

CreativeGuy
06-16-2006, 03:34 AM
I might go again this year, at least for a day. Depends on work.

Lord_Sesshomaru
06-16-2006, 10:00 AM
i just found out that one of my best friends who i lost touch with will be there trying to pimp his newest book. so with that in mind i'm thinking more and more about going to it. also james obarr will be there! SWEET!!! I've never been to it before so i'm a litttle nervous about it much like i was with AZ in 05. is there much anime cosplaying going on there? what is it like? do they have alot of pannels like AZ? let me know.

Tigress
06-16-2006, 12:18 PM
There is anime cosplaying there, but the focus is more on comic books, so you'll see more comic book cosplays and general sci-fi (Storm Troopers, Klingons, etc.).

hentaigirl82
06-16-2006, 05:50 PM
I most likely going for friday and sunday I hope, I will be dressed up as rocklee dunno yet.

Farmboybob
06-21-2006, 12:57 AM
Dang, I didn't even know this existed. This looks like something my and my gf would really love. Sadly, I'm away on vacation that week. Maybe next year. :(

Chukkie
06-22-2006, 09:15 PM
I'm working that weekend *Shakes fist at retail giant*

Cool Scary Guy
06-27-2006, 09:20 AM
Iím going but just for Saturday. And I donít have a comic costume

On the bright side I pass a really big cloth store on the way!

Star_Angel
06-28-2006, 11:01 AM
This weekend peoples for all whose going!
I will not be in costume, had problems getting everything for Marvel girl in time so not dressing up this year!

Tigress
06-28-2006, 05:06 PM
Looks like I'm not going. I'm going to be half-way across the state taking my dad out to dinner for his birthday. :p

But he gets to return the favor at the end of the month for my birthday and anniversary. :bigtu:

hikari no yami
06-29-2006, 01:21 AM
My friends and I have been attending the Hero's Convention for the last four years. Since the convention is only 45mins away, it's always been a very convenient con. We will be going again this year with a crew of 12 people! Including my fiance, Jeremy, who is a new addition to the group this year ^-^. Whenever I find pictures of past events and this year I'll post them, so be looking for them!! because they're really hilarious.

Piichi to Roy
06-29-2006, 09:26 AM
We will be going this year for the first time. ^^ We plan on going Saturday and Sunday, if we can fit it in Sunday. Saturday, we're going to go to it on our way back from Raleigh's Pokemon Journey Across America Tour (were we will be dressed up as punk-looking Pichus XD).

Piichi is going to be wearing a Phoenix (X-Men) shirt that he made himself, as well as Jean's little sash... XD

And I will be sporting a pair of red wings (made with $12 and two hours of love XD) a la Icarus, of the New X-Men. :3

Techinically, this is our first "con", so we'd be really excited to meet up with some people. ^^

hentaigirl82
06-29-2006, 06:34 PM
Well its looking like im goin only friday and maybe sunday, since I have to work saturday "sigh". Which isnt a bother im 10min away. Look out for girl dressed up as rocklee. I kinda wish I had my blackcat costume ready but I have to wait till nextyear

Hiryuu
06-30-2006, 07:04 PM
I'm going Saturday, probably around one-ish. I'll be the one with brown hair and black/white cat ears with peircings XD if anyone sees me from here, say hi PLEASE lol

CreativeGuy
07-13-2006, 02:10 AM
I was there for a few hours on friday. I didn't go in costume though. I was going to do that on Saturday after work at 4pm but when I found out the convention closed at 6pm (lame) I didn't bother driving all the way to Charlotte.

Lord_Sesshomaru
07-13-2006, 09:44 AM
My friends and I have been attending the Hero's Convention for the last four years. Since the convention is only 45mins away, it's always been a very convenient con. We will be going again this year with a crew of 12 people! Including my fiance, Jeremy, who is a new addition to the group this year ^-^. Whenever I find pictures of past events and this year I'll post them, so be looking for them!! because they're really hilarious.

Not to get off subject here but does your fiance have two kids, one a girl about 6 or 7 years old and a boy who's about 4 to 5 years old? And is he an artist who has a little production thing called "Darken Woods Productions"? Also does he go by Jerem? I'm just curious cause if he's the same one i'm thinking of and your who i think you are then your fiance and I are pretty old friends.

Star_Angel
07-13-2006, 11:03 AM
I was there for a few hours on friday. I didn't go in costume though. I was going to do that on Saturday after work at 4pm but when I found out the convention closed at 6pm (lame) I didn't bother driving all the way to Charlotte.

Aww I didnt see you there this year! guess you were harder to spot since you werent in a orange suit, lol.

Prof Farnsworth
07-14-2006, 01:34 AM
Not to get off subject here but does your fiance have two kids, one a girl about 6 or 7 years old and a boy who's about 4 to 5 years old? And is he an artist who has a little production thing called "Darken Woods Productions"? Also does he go by Jerem? I'm just curious cause if he's the same one i'm thinking of and your who i think you are then your fiance and I are pretty old friends.

Nah, different Jeremy. I'm not Leeman, although I think I did see the booth at the con. It was in the indie section right?

Lord_Sesshomaru
07-14-2006, 06:41 PM
yeah it was. i wanted to go so i could see him but we couldn't get sitters for the kidlets. sorry about the confusion, i just got a little excited i guess ;p

!*Jessi-Chan*!
07-23-2006, 05:06 PM
how come i didn't know about this!!! ugg! Is it a huge thing and is costumes also a huge deal? I may have to come next year because i always suffer con withdrawl after animazement

Prof Farnsworth
07-23-2006, 07:28 PM
how come i didn't know about this!!! ugg! Is it a huge thing and is costumes also a huge deal? I may have to come next year because i always suffer con withdrawl after animazement

Other than myself, I only saw a handful of people cosplaying, and you'd be hardpressed to find a good selection of manga there. My gf said they had a lot more anime and manga related stuff there last year and was dissapointed.

It was a different experience from an anime con, basically a big dealer's room is all the con is (maye a third the size of Otakon's maybe), but I got tons of compliments on my Alucard and more pictures taken of me per day than usual.